Is circumcision justifiable today?

Is circumcision justifiable today?

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/circumcision/basics/why-its-done/prc-20013585
webmd.com/parenting/baby/what-about-circumcision
today.com/health/circumcision-benefits-outweigh-risks-cdc-says-1D80331010
npr.org/sections/health-shots/2012/08/27/159955340/pediatricians-decide-boys-are-better-off-circumcised-than-not
scientificamerican.com/article/male-circumcision-benefits-outweigh-risks-cdc-says/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

Yes :^)

No.

I disagree.

No, it's barbaric and pointless. The only people who defend it are insecure circumcised men or Jews/Muslims

Certainly not.

No.

No. It's pointless genital mutilation that is preformed on infants who have no say in the matter. It's about as sensible as female circumcision.

>All these smega sock penises
Enjoy stinking and looking ugly to girls

Aesthetics are ethics
But ethics are aesthetics

Please refer to: Must suck being so insecure over it.

The only people who bring it up are people with fucking anteater dog dorks so who is really the insecure ones?

If some who isn't circumcised want to be, they could easily get the procedure done. Meanwhile you will NEVER get the most sensitive part of your dong back.

>I have to mutilate myself because MUH GIRLS

Literally a cuck.

shhhh it's okay, girls like it so you're a good boy :^)

Not for everybody, I had to have one because I couldn't " pop it all the wat "

It's weird how it's only Americans that do it for non-religious reasons.

>I had to have one
You probably didn't. Phimosis can be fixed pretty easily in most cases without surgery.

Most cases, but not all cases.

Yeah it's okay if it's an actual medical issue and not just "GURLS LIKE IT" or "MR. GOLDSTEIN TOLD ME TO"

All cases. If africans can make their lips half a foot wide for a wooden plate you can get your foreskin to stretch 3/4 of an inch, or atleast have it surgically fixed without simply removing it.

Not according to the surgeon, that that tried many other treatments before that.

They get paid for circumcisions, you know how much foreskins sell for?

I'm told they make nice wallets with it, and if you rub it hard enough, it turns into a suitcase !

Never listen to a surgeon. Listen to a doctor.

Surgeon AND doctor, obviously.
And it didn't cost me a dime, me being french and all.

Yeah Scot here.

Feels nice living in a civilised country that doesn't charge for the basic human right of healthcare, doesn't it?

They get a few hundred dollars for one at least. They are sent off for stem cells or even put into face cream. Why do you think doctors are so eager to circumcise.

For some reason surgeons are almost always borderline retards compared to other doctors. They earn mad cash because they have completely fantastic rare dexterity and hand-eye coordination but most of them seem to be pretty much buffoons outside of their job. Look at Ben Carson for example.

Didn't know the Scots also had this reputation ! Auld Alliance now !

that only happens if you don't wash ya filthy cunt

looks like you have no concept of personal hygiene user

I am circumcised but i would not do it to my own son

No.

Worst fucking thing to ever happen to me.

>basic human right

GETTIN' REAL SPOOKY IN HERE

It's real if I think it's real.

no

So that pink reincarnated Hitler over there is real?

No
Read Galatians

You mean your penis?

Also Koreans.

I'm not white so I don't have a titty cancer supporting penis.

By your reckoning yes. And really that's the only one you should pay any heed.

Femanon here. Uncut is fucking gross. I broke up with two different guys once I found out.

t. circumcised male

No cosmetic surgery on infants genitals should be considered justifiable. We have a blanket ban on female circumcision, so we should do the same for male circumcision. Or have one standard, though this could never include male circumcision of infants if it excludes those forms of female circumcision that remove the equivalent to the foreskin.

Adults can get whatever body mod they like.

Koreans do it when they're grown up.

Only Americans, Muslims, and Jews choose to do it to children.

>guys with beef curtains

lol

I don't think it counts as circumcision if it's for medical issues. It's just surgery. Circumcision has an ideological/cultural connotations.

I just evolved this. Is it good?

No.

You're the reason so many American men are lusting after Japanese girls now.

>despise circumcision because it limits sensation and is barbaric
>have to have it in burgerland or women will run away screaming

The Amerifat's Dilemma

how come i dont get the money my foreskin sells for?

because you get the money your son's foreskin sells for

Not doing it to babies, no.
Nothin wrong with legal adults consenting to it though

Yeah man human bodies are so gross. Know what I hate? Pussy lips. Come here, let's give it a snip!

> maxed below 1600
Not in 5 levels

I'd prefer to have a choice

There's actually a number of medical benefits and research that gives performing one the green light.

But the most common misconception I see is that you should wait as an adult to get one. Which, fact of the matter, turns out to be the opposite. Adulthood is probably the worst time to have any optional procedure done on a very sensitive part of the body, because any fuck-ups are most definitely going to be permanent and debilitating. The reason it works better as an infant is because their bodies are at a stage where it's developing the most and at the most rapidly, giving any wound or cut on the body the chance to heal completely (some we lose once adulthood kicks in). This is why infancy tends to be the more ideal time to get a circumcision. There is, however, the risk of botched procedures, but that basically comes down to the fact not all doctors are equal.

Yes, but only if you are a willing adult

>looking ugly to american girls who only see mutilated penises
your culture needs to change

Maybe. I think there is some argument to be made for group consensus without individual consent. Even though the baby can't consent, the group consents for him.

Obviously the line if acceptability for this varies. For instance, we could probably all agree that babies can be held without their consent by strangers. We could also probably all agree that babies should not have their nose sliced off without their consent.

Of course it is goyim

>There's actually a number of medical benefits and research that gives performing one the green light.

t. Circumcised man

Only if you have phimosis

>studies say

[citation needed]

Group consensus is bullshit because by that logic anything, no matter how deplorable can be made acceptable.
On a scientific basis, the foreskin is there for a reason, else we wouldn't have one.
Were it necessary to save the baby's life, then indeed a medical procedure should be done without the baby's consensus as they are neither capable of granting nor denying consent.
Circumcision, however, is not a life saving procedure, ever, unless you have an exceptionally severe case of phimosis, and so then, and only then, should it be performed.

Christianity. They're promoting it that way there.

Look at all the kpop artists, actors, etc. Majority are Christians. In a country thats only 30% christians, they have a huge media influence. Its mainly aided by the American christian groups to boost their standings.

Oh, I'm sorry princess. Is Wikipedia too liberal for you?

- mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/circumcision/basics/why-its-done/prc-20013585
- webmd.com/parenting/baby/what-about-circumcision
- today.com/health/circumcision-benefits-outweigh-risks-cdc-says-1D80331010
- npr.org/sections/health-shots/2012/08/27/159955340/pediatricians-decide-boys-are-better-off-circumcised-than-not
- scientificamerican.com/article/male-circumcision-benefits-outweigh-risks-cdc-says/

t. Probable antisemite.

/pol/ is that way.

Spotted the burger

Enjoy looking like a kike and having no feel in your dick

Don't forget that Koreans absolutely want to copy America when it comes to a lot of things

Yeah, nah. All of these "benefits" are to do with rare and circumstantial effects in the first place. UTIs only happen in 1% or less (your source, btw) so I can't see that as a valid risk.
As for reduction of HIV infection, it only applies in region where AIDS is endemic, and most of the first world doesn't have endemic HIV. Also, condoms are a thing, and there's far more common venereal diseases than HIV. Circumcision is not an excuse for good sexual health practice.

>webmd.com
>NPR.com
>Today.com
>scientific American.com

He asked for studies, user, not fluff piece articles.

Should be illegal on minors

This. If you want to chop chop at your dick then be my guests but don't do it to fucking kids.

Yes if it might alleviate a health condition. For religion, tradition or aesthetics? No.

Nupe.

This. It's like people who promote circumcision with the idea that it's "cleaner." Like, holy shit, you find the idea of taking literally 2 extra seconds to clean a dick that taxing?

How encrusted and filthy must your stank-ass junk be?

what???? you gotta be joking

Are Americans boys still being circumcised or is it finally ending?

I'm noticing in this thread most people are against circumcision and probably a good deal of them are American, and rightly so. However I've been on Veeky Forums for 8 years and at least 4+ years ago the majority were in favour of circumcision so things must be changing somewhere.

>probably a good deal of them are American
I think you've never been to /int/. Americans aren't the vast majority of the posters there, most are European+the rest of the world, where circumcisions aren't a common practice. Even if projecting /int/'s population to other boards is biased, it shows how not everyone posting on Veeky Forums is one, a Brit and a frenchie even posted here.

t. Brazilian

>Male circumcision
>"It's my body and I want to be able to have a choice

>Abortions
>"Ban that shit"

Huh, really makes you think...

>tfw you were assigned the wrong gend-, I mean, penis at birth.

If I see that fucking cat ONE more time

>difference between human life and skin flap
to people who see abortion as destroying human life, it should be pretty clear why they think it should be banned, your point is pretty shit tbqh family

European girls > American girls anyway

>abortions
"It's my body and I want to be able to have a choice"

>drugs
>"Ban that shit"

mmm. really makes u think..

snibeti snabeti snabs XDDD

Cambrian era had such weird shit

undoubtly true. american girls look so artificial and dumb, but they have good genetics

>Without consent
No
>With consent (Phimosis sufferers, ect)
Yes