You come to power legally and hold the balance of power...

You come to power legally and hold the balance of power. Effectively you can pass whatever laws you like so long as they don't violate human rights.

How would someone take advantage of this situation to abolish, as much as possible, belief in god? Essentially you want to make the population as atheistic as possible.

Don't tell me belief in god can't be abolished because christianity and islam have killed-off many other religions throughout history, given similar political situations as described above. Are there lessons of history we can learn from their successes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_The_Apostate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Become the God-Emperor of Mankind and lead humanity in all its forms (by hyperauthoritarian force if need be) to conquer the galaxy, obliterating all alien species that should be competitors to human hegemony.

COMMIES

O
U
T

>Essentially you want to make the population as atheistic as possible.

You're a fucking idiot mate. Agnostic is the ONLY logical choice.

>chosing one un-proven assumption over another
>holding you beliefs to be true
Kek.

Belief in god will always remain within humans, whether or not they will be the big ones we know today are a different story.

Also, discovering the mechanisim does not solve the question as to why.

Atheisim is god dam retarded.

Belief in God can't be abolished because God will smite you
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_The_Apostate

>Don't tell me belief in god can't be abolished.
The anthropomorphic "god" of Islam can be reshaped or replaced for another divinity, but irrational/spiritual belief in general cannot be abolished. Can not. Human beings need and ALWAYS seek the transcendent. If you make Jeeby Chreeby illegal people will worship Papa Stalin and the State instead.

>I interpret hypothetical situations as expressions of the authors desires

Retard alert

I'd enforce 1860's Mormonism as a mandatory state religion.

Then I'd kill myself.

>Human Rights

Biggest spook ever desu

>human rights
There is no such thing. "Rights" only exist because the people in charge enforce them and/or punish their transgression.

>so long as they don't violate human rights.
>abolish, as much as possible, belief in god?
Contradiction

But then you'll be betrayed by your greatest son, forced to kill him but taking mortal wounds yourself, becoming entrapped as a living yet dead husk in a machine fueled by sacrificed souls, keeping a guiding light through the sea so that your fractured empire can have even a chance of survival.

There was a time before the invention of god when human beings functioned just fine. If humans really needed god then there would be no atheists.

>There was a time before the invention of god when human beings functioned just fine.
You have no idea just how wrong you are.

I ban all existing religions, then institute the cult of Supreme Being to make my husbando Robespierre proud.

>There was a time before the invention of god when human beings functioned just fine.
Do you have proof?

>There was a time before the invention of god
hahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Even before the formulation of a monotheistic god, ancient and tribal societies still had religious and spiritual beliefs. The most common being that there were two parallel worlds, the physical and the spiritual, and that they could interact with each other. Frequently things such as ability to channel from the spiritual world, or that aspects of nature were embodied by beings in the spiritual world, were added on; along with associated rituals.

It's bretty bullshit but w/e, I figure either atheism or deism is true.

Yes, god is an invention, therefore there was a time before the invention of god.

>religious and spiritual beliefs
What a presentist thing to say.

>don't violate human rights
>abolish, as much as possible, belief in god

one of these things is not like the other

Do you know nothing about anthropology at all, you stupid commie? Animism is spontaneous. "God" as a coherent, anthropomorphic sky-deity is a refinement of animist mythology, but spirituality? No human society has ever been found without irrational, religious beliefs.

>b-but god is an invention! an INVENTION!

yeah, and so is the numeral system and alphabet you use, go ahead and discard those and live in the trees like a mute ape if you want

>Stirner babies rejecting abstractions because they hurt their ego

>using that shitty image
>not THE original text that literally all religious myth is based upon

>Servent of the sea god
>a Serpent
>Slain by the thunder god

Mesopotamian myth is the only myth which matters and it destroies the validity of ALL religion. (all the stories found in modern, hell even ancient pagan relgions have their bases in Mesopotamian myth)

Forgot image.

Mesopotamian myth has striking similarities with African myth, which is thousands of years older.

See: Yoruba religion.

Africa is the mother of us all.

>implying the ubiquity of reptilian motifs in world religions isn't because of actual reptilians

>destroies the validity of ALL religion
>posts the centralized religion from the earliest known civilization
Congratulates, you played yourself.
I'm not endorsing any religion, I was showing how religious sensibilities are inextricable and historically omnipresent regardless of a personal, abrahamic capital G god-concept filling the role of the divinity.

Belief in god =/= religion.

Twat.

Now you're just playing word-games. Worshipers gonna worship. There will be something - a river, a tree, a golden cow, a big stone dick - that people will worship and offer sacrifices to, that's close enough to the concept of god and absolutely flush with notions of religion or spirituality as we understand them. You can't eradicate those. And don't call me a twat, cunt.

I literally have no diea what you are saying, try again.

Cunt.

>this is the level of discourse on Veeky Forums

>spontaneous
doubt.jpg

Please present your evidence / reasoning.