At this point humanity is a failed experiment. We continue to exist on this shitty planet without purpose or reason...

At this point humanity is a failed experiment. We continue to exist on this shitty planet without purpose or reason. The world has become too small, everything has already been seen or tried and nothing new can be discovered. Nothing new can amaze us, only vane material things can make us happy but for a very short time. Religion is a fucking joke and serves no real purpose anymore. We're multiplying day by day in huge numbers mindlessly, pointlessly, just for the pure sake of procreation.

The way i see it there are two options left for mankind. Either we rot away on this planet mindlessly living, dying and killing one another over petty things, or we finally leave Earth and try moving on to other planets to colonize them. It seems like humanity needs a new, fresh beginning and Earth really has nothing more to offer.

Wow what a retarded opion

>Religion is a fucking joke
it's true that these rituals were always kinda pointless. but if we had a real mythology to inspire us it would help.

Which is such a shame on a scale of unimaginable cosmic proportions. There are over 1,700 planets in just the milky way alone and NONE I mean NONE are even close to the diversity and downright magic that is found here on this beautiful planet. Look around you and realize that the things you see don't exist anywhere else, the sights, smells and sounds, the colors. I agree with you, humanity has failed. We do not deserve this great blue beast we call our home.

Phew lass

Mythologies have been killed long ago, all we have today are middle eastern fairy tales.

Do you realize that all became shit since human got rid of religion?

Religion kinda loses its purpose by itself once you realize world isn't 6000 years old and that your special little book isn't the source of whole knowledge.

>It seems like humanity needs a new, fresh beginning and Earth really has nothing more to offer
no joke if they asked for volunteer frontiersmen for Mars, knowing it would be dangerous, i'd do it. it would be a thousand times more glorious than death in war, bringing a new dawn to mankind would be the most wonderful thing to die for.

edgy shit, for a Tuesday

That which has been slain can be revived.

1. Stop worrying.
2. Go play vidya.

>suggesting complacent escapism rather than encouraging user to find meaning in his jaded life

>implying there's anything else to realistically do within his lifespan and means
>we're speaking over the internet after telling a captcha what pictures are salad or trees
That's perspective.

You do realise that the bible never goes "Oh yeah, the world is X years old", right? Nor does it claim to be the source of all knowledge.

I really don't get why people always act like science and religion are somehow completely opposed concepts, the idea of a god that simply created those laws and set off the universe as well as had some influence in the development of humanity doesn't somehow mean we can't discover shit and learn about the universe via scientific methods.

it does indirectly. do you not realize there is a genealogy from the kings of Judah back to Adam?

It doesn't do it even indirectly, the day / age / year disctinction becomes pretty fucking muddy with Biblical Hebrew. So saying "God created Earth in 7 days" might as well mean "God created Earth in 7 [insert a long ass period of time].

You're making the exact same idiotic mistake as the YECers.

>humanity is a failed experiment.
>implying human existence is teleological
nice try

the context is quite clear that it means day. it is an explanation for why they worked 6 days and rested on the 7th, unless you want to say it was also fine for them to work 6 (insert time period here) and rest on the 7th

Sure, but it's not entirely said when the earth itself was created. And you have to remember that even just up to the flood is easily 7000 or so years, with no real time frame being put after it.

What said is important too, a lot of these details are translation based. It's not really important though.

>it is an explanation for why they worked 6 days and rested on the 7th,
Are you retarded?

You do know there are sabbaths for the land as well that extend in years, right?

yes, but that is not the one mentioned in the 10 commandments, which specifically mentions God creating the world in 7 "days" as the explanation for why you must honor that sabbath. you know, the one that uses the hebrew for word "day", the same one used in Genesis 1. in both places it is quite clear that the meaning day is being used as opposed to a more vague time period.

The tenth commandment, ignoring the translation, simply says that when God rested, he also hallowed the sabbath day.

This is sourced in Exodus 20:11, well as the few before it. God blessing one day doesn't necessarily mean that he only rested a day, but it was made to look that way in translation because it's simpler to understand.

Also, you're ignoring the point that pre-flood humans alone we have thousands and thousands of years of time, and then thousands and thousands after it, and then an undefined amount of time after that.

It's strange, you're somehow using all the tactics of YEC, while arguing against them.

>Also, you're ignoring the point that pre-flood humans alone we have thousands and thousands of years of time, and then thousands and thousands after it, and then an undefined amount of time after that.
what? as soon as the genealogy begins we have a very clearly defined period of time.

>humanity is a failed experiment

As opposed to which other non-human civilization (that was a successful experiment)?
I'm genuinely curious.

You really ought to read the bible, the genealogy only goes on so far, or at least as far as aging goes. From memory, it stops really going "And they lived this long" after Genesis.

each "undefined period of time" in Genesis ends in "Evening came, then morning". how do you propose that this is not a day?

I don't know why you think I'm arguing against YEC's. I'm arguing against le metaphor people and Old Earth Creationist lines such as yours, both of which ironically use the same tactic YEC's use elsewhere but not in this passage where they attempt to dodge the meaning of the passage and obscure it in 10 layers of apologetic magic

It gives everyone's life span up to Joseph, then specifies 400 years in Egypt, then you have Moses's life including the 40 years in the wilderness, then a bunch of 40 year and 80 year periods in Judges. not much wiggle room here with dates

There being a very clear issue with translation isn't the same as apologetic magic user.

Can you source some of these? I really don't remember many ages given after Genesis. I might be wrong and a few influential people do have them given, but it's definitely not "And they had kids who lived this long who had kids that lived this long" throughout the whole thing.

I have work soon but I'll see what i can do. Genesis 15:13 for 400 years in Egypt. prophecy though. for Judges you'll just have to read it again. I can't source each individual judge's reign and period before the next invader subjugates Israel

user, I explicitly said that it ended with Genesis. Pointing out that ages are given in Genesis doesn't really refute that throughout most of the Bible, ages aren't given. I wasn't aware of Judges, but you do seem to be right that ages are in there too.

>At this point humanity is a failed experiment.
I don't understand this phrase but I agree with your sentiment. This civilization seems completely exhausted and its drive pretty much gone. I think this can be overcome on a personal level but as a whole it's another thing...

I wouldent worry about it

I don't think this counts since this is talking about a time period outside of Genesis, unless you want to say this figure is unreliable, which I would agree

>nothing new can amaze us

We expect to discover how to stop aging within the century, how to link our minds to machines, to discover evidence of different universes existing/lack thereof, to discover new ways to grow food, to send people to Mars, to possibly create artificial intelligence, to possibly create a universe ourselves, etc

>religion has no point

False. Religion is philosophy to most people who do not study even Socrates. Many religions teach moral values such as good will to others, the development of one's body, mind, and spirit; and provide important social support groups. Studies have shown that people who would call themselves "religious" deal with stress better than those who do not.

The world has statistically never been better, and while it is true that we may never discover new places, on a personal level we are far more capable than we have ever been. A single person can see every continent within a month, we can meet new people within seconds, we have easy access to life's necessities, information travels at such a rate that it is near instantaneous.

The world continues while you whine about your life. Get a fucking hobby you uninspired, weak-willed twat.