Future Anthropology

Where does our future lie? Among the stars as gods, or in forests as beasts?

Neural network-imagined fantasy worlds.

If humanity is lucky anthropology will be dissolved as a field of study and future generations will look back and laugh at what a job the 'science' of anthropology was, except for physical anthropology, which will be absorbed into biology.

>implying the forests won't follow us wherever we go
>implying that humans won't become the forest gods of the universe

This. Anthropology (and psychology for that matter) is pseudoscience and should be placed alongside alchemy and astrology in the trash bin of history.

>implying we aren't already doing that

What's wrong with anthropology? I thought it was just history mixed with archeology and a touch of linguistics.

They're just butthurt over the "social science" aspect that the SJWs have hijacked and made into a joke.

>I have no idea what anthropology is or does but I jump on the humanities hate train because I cannot think for myself

Like the other user said it is because feminists took over and a lot of universities faculties are now doing cultural studies rather than social science.

nah fuck off more akin to raymond e feists canon of midkemia's valheru. the ability of a handful of eternal god emperors that rule of space and times fabric, and bend it to their will, causing an infinite eons of war and battle folded recurssively to their whim, amongst themselves.

sort of like spartas oligarhcical ruling body of elite bloodlines, but on a demigod tier level. we perhaps live in a time when memory, consciousness, can be kept/preserved forever. i volunteer myself for infinite lifespan. i want an indestructable humanoid vassel for carrying it though. and no transfer until im like 150-200y/o

>all these retards in this thread that think anthropology is the same as modern SJW social "science"

Bump

What exactly is Future Anthropology? I'm fairly sure that there is something of an oxymoron.

Mainly meant "what will humans be doing in the future?"

This book
Please remind me the name of this book, it was so great

Here you go.

It's called Man After Man

There's a Russian website where you can read the whole thing for free.

My personal favorite Dougal Dixon book is the one that speculates what dinosaurs would be like if they didn't go extinct.

In non-existence, but If Christ God ( which I believe He is because I simply can ) - then once you die you will immediately open eyes back to share eternity with Him.

Otherwise it's just nothingness.

Dead for the most part

Some educated people will disagree with me on this, but i think the fact that we aren't already gods in the stars implies something's very wrong
with this existence.

it's been 13 BILLION years and the universe is incredibly incredibly VAST, someone would have developed the technologies needed to find us and turn us into gods, give us the knowledge to shape space, travel through it, salvage every possible human in the history of the world, every possible permutation of human too, or if you dislike this idea, something equally impressive and seemingly impossible would have been granted to us. 13 Billions is of course conservative and it excludes the future. In all this time and space some organism should have advanced so much as to either destroy us or show us some sort of truth and power.

Instead, we haven't seen ANY signs of anything even coming close to that.

I simply think that all intelligent life realized it's all pointless and committed (in)voluntary extinction and that's our future too.

If a civilization and one point would transcend time and space - in this universe or other, and technically gain omnipotence in that state - wouldn't you just take the consciousness of every single being that ever existed anywhere at the moment of their death and give them a continuity? Just to exercise omnipotence?

>wouldn't you
I in particular wouldn't.

There's really no point in doing that at all, and, very very arrogantly, I believe that such a civilization would realize that same thing and just end it all.

Why would that be arrogantly?

With omnipotence I would generate infinite worlds and stages of development for each being until all of them would reach a stable state of great freedom which would allow the most pleasures and joys I could conceive from that stage.

I see no reason for not doing this, beyond space / time and with omnipotence.

>Why would that be arrogantly?
You misunderstand.

It's arrogant and possibly stupid because I believe that omnipotent civilization would come to the same conclusion as I have. I am being the arrogant one.

Still, I think I am closer to being right than you because your scenario hasn't happened yet, and it's had an eternity at its disposal for it to happen.

My scenarios implies not affecting the balance of anything - in timeline.

So everything, everything will go normally - except the exact makeup of consciousness at the slice of time of death - will continue in another existence.

No creature would know or expect it, you can't know if that scenario would happen.

Oh I see, that's an interesting idea, sort of like a simulation? Sounds like a good possibility. Most recently people have been talking about how reality is a 'computer simulation' and less recently people have been talking about omni-potent beings - Gods for example.
Also about aliens influencing our evolution and, which is of course all speculation, including all of what I have posted. I'm not 100% sure I understand what it means that people always come up with this type of crazy stuff, including myself and yourself, desu.

I actually included something like that in my frist post where I said 'something must be wrong'.

You could have also pointed out that an eventual suicidal civilization would conceivably wipe everything in all time lines and yet here we are, hasn't happened yet either - this is a flaw in my theory, which I haven't really solved.

a select few may come to monopolize the power of something like a viral CRISPR to genetically, technologically, and psychologically dominate lesser homo sapiens, slowly evolving our bodies and minds to become biocomputational unit blobs, like meaty legos, and organize society cybernetically/biologically so that we become the self-maintaining cells, tissues, food, excrement, and building material of our dominators

"humans" today are the new hydrogen atom, and your bodies and nervous systems will be analyzed, split, fused, and used as fuel, narcotics and computational substance for eternity

"Television tries to interpret itself to us, bypassing the upper brain functions and directly feeding into our minds. This is why I said – off camera between classes – that Orwell was a pie-eyed optimist. 1984 arrived in sort of the early 70’s, and ah, Orwell’s vision of a horrible future which was a boot stomping on a human face forever is a utopian image because he assumes there would be resistance and human faces; both of which may turn out to be false. So, I mean, 1984 is not a book that scares me anymore."

Maybe it's a property of nothingness to start again after a wipe, considering nothing became that suicidal civilization - it could become again.

Exactly because it is so vast we might have not felt any exterior influence yet. The same way humanity has not influenced every grain of sand yet

>implying that's not what I was implying

You're saying 13 billion years as if it was a ridiculously long time when it might aswell be a blink in whatever context this
universe exists in (something we have no idea about).

wat

>it's been 13 BILLION years

years as in solar cycles? relativity don't play that

>In all this time and space some organism should have advanced so much as to either destroy us or show us some sort of truth and power.

you mean like Google?

Wow that's interesting
Now if only I could read what it fucking says