Can we analyze /pol/ beyond the circle-jerk response of calling them dumb and wrong?

Can we analyze /pol/ beyond the circle-jerk response of calling them dumb and wrong?

The prevailing dynamic there seems to be that every thread challenges the core of ideas that /pol/ is supposed to have.
>/pol/ BTFO
>how can /pol/ ever recover
>well /pol/?
>/pol/ will defend this

The replies seem to resonate this
>it's over, /pol/ is finished
>I am now a #CruzMissile
>Now I shill for Hillary
>pack it up boys, time to leave

And then come several attempts to debunk and or explain why /pol/ is not actually wrong, all of different quality and merit.

What do you think about this? Is there a historical example of a group that operates like this?

its all just memes and ideology

This thread is yet another proof that including humanities was catastrophically bad

I actually like the history threads here. But humanities threads are doomed to political baiting and name calling. Need to make a separate arts and humanities boards desu. Or just put humanities into Veeky Forums, even though they won't like it.
/sp/ got rid of mandrama for good, why can't we do something similar for Veeky Forums?

It barely has replies, autistic sperg

You'd seem to be implying that history threads beyond extremely niche subject matter aren't also fucking sank by ideological and political shitflinging. God knows we can't dicuss early Christian history or Africa without the thread getting mercy killed by a janitor.

Creating a thread devoted to analyzing shitposts from /pol/ is the new low.

why? i think it's one of the most interesting things you could do

Internet sub-cultures are at least as worthy of study as more traditional ones.

/pol/ is always right

See Everyone knows you shitters don't really belong in here but we have to suffer you because of that humanities thag.

Yeah and again history threads aren't much better so we're stuck in this together bud. You could always not look at the fucking thread.

Reactionaries have existed throughout history, nowadays they are more empowered because of hyper connectivity with the internet. It certainly is interesting behavior worthy of examination, however with that said, I think Pol is the culmination of the frustrations of a generation of disenfranchised young men that are checking out in light of where society and culture is headed, can't say I blame them though

wtf i hate /pol/ now

/pol/ is just one internet subculture among others. They stick out like a sore tumb on Veeky Forums due to the high amount of people posting on reddit there so the posting style is different. I don't see how there would be anything unique among them that you generally won't find in other internet sub-cultures.

No, they stick out like a sore thumb because they need to make it clear they are /pol/ and proud of it, like a pride parade, but for the right wing fetishists.

Because I fail to see how bringing up african genetics or The Third Reich or the jews in 85% of the threads is relevant at all.
But they still do it, every single time and in such an outrageous manner as well.

>Can we analyze /pol/ beyond the circle-jerk response of calling them dumb and wrong?
no, because this isn't fucking the meta board
fuck off

it's ironic shitposting you fucking sperg

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

I have to say, some people have an incredible commitment to ironic shitposting, I've seen wehraboos argue for hours about how every single german plane was better than all the russian planes in ww2, until starting to write out in all caps and flinging insults and posting pictures of jews.

Truly the masters of irony.

>the la5 was bad
I can appreciate the FW190 as well.

We're unique because we're right. Get on the right side of history :^)

>/pol/ BTFO
>well /pol/?
>/pol/ will defend this
I have literally never seen any of these things said here.

Really? It's every other fuckin thread on there, albeit ironically and usually an indirect invitation to brigade whatever's linked.

It's over, /pol/ is finished!

Ok let me explain, the usual idea is to mock shitty ideas by pretending they have any merit, which usually leads to /pol/acks engaging the shitty idea to try and debunk it with their own (or they just point out exactly why it's shit).
The good side is sometime they use legit arguments, and that means more legit arguments come from the crowd.

/pol/ isn't really a nazi den (altough there are quite a few actual naziposters)
, it's called shitposting. You actually do have some variety of ideas in there, altough there are some points the majority agrees on.

I'd say a lot of it comes from being disregarded while seeing other extremes "protected". Ideologically my country is just center-left, both in power and in practice, but due to how our culture and politics are operating we've become a safe haven and a breeding ground for all sorts of scum like legit stalinists or more recently Islamists.
Of course this will create an even more extreme reaction, because you are breeding extreme reformists (and reform isn't always right either)

Ipso facto Weev

So, Jews Jewing Jews.

>analyze /pol/

Dunning-Kruger Effect

>Because I fail to see how bringing up african genetics or The Third Reich or the jews in 85% of the threads is relevant at all

>STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS I DONT LIKE

>intentionally acting like a spoiled child

I blame americans, really.

Honestly, sometimes I wish that /hist/ just stayed on Veeky Forums

>dunning Kruger effect
>he says on Veeky Forums

The wehraboos are not engaged in ironic shitposting but the posters of
>/pol/ BTFO
>well /pol/?
>/pol/ will defend this
These are not serious statements they're meme responses to generate discussion.
It's the equivalent of
>discuss
>you should be able to solve this

The other posts mentioned by OP are just sarcastic ways of acknowledging a troll, the equivalent of saying "yes this shitty bait I have seen ten times before and doesn't withstand the slightest logical scrutiny will totally change my entrenched ideological opinions. not"

This