What's your favorite quote, Veeky Forums?

What's your favorite quote, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hvrWXBLNKR0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"The war is not over, millions are being killed. Europe is mad, the world is mad."

"Quid est"
-Ioannes the Lesser

Hey Dan

"Tourism, human circulation considered as consumption, a by-product of the circulation of commodities, is fundamentally nothing more than the leisure of going to see what has become banal. The economic organization of visits to different places is already in itself the guarantee of their equivalence. The same modernization that removed time from the voyage also removed from it the reality of space."

"Dogs are nice" - Adolf Hitler

Seriously now
"πας μη Έλλην βάρβαρος" - Alexander the Greene

Damn; commies sure are a bunch of no-fun-faggots...

And those who were dancing were thought insane by they who could not hear the music. - Neitzsche

"Kill one man and you're a murderer, kill millions and you become a conqueror" or something to that effect

kill them all a god

'When one person dies, it's a tragedy, but when a million people die, it's a statistic.'

"Eccentricity has always abounded when and where strength of character has abounded; and the amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and moral courage which it contained. That so few now dare to be eccentric, marks the chief danger of the time."

Ignorance is bliss.

youtu.be/hvrWXBLNKR0

you mean like, an elongation, like a rubber band that gets stretched then SNAPS back to its normal shape after some refluxive overthrows?
perhaps to analoguise this to society it could be a bow bent back, pull, shoot, release, then we soar.. then crash... set up another in some other relevence of geocentricity of perceived novelty through third hand subjective experience, or first.

try to shoot.fire an arrow into. the sun etc

The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums

It is not things that disturb us, but our interpretation of their significance.

Shit's lit nigga
- Nero

>There is one thing that is infinitely more absurd and unpractical than burning a man for his philosophy. This is the habit of saying that his philosophy does not matter, and this is done universally in the twentieth century.
Chesterton

I always thought this idea was a bit too cute.

Then I got chronic tinnitus. Now that idea is the only thing keeping my alive.

"Stop quoting laws to us, we carry swords!" ~Pompey

"Quotation serves as a means to simplify a philosophy to the point of meaninglessness so that the reader may feel clever when in fact he has learned nothing. In addition, they often misquoted, misattributed or simply fabricated." - Voltaire

Honestly what a smug douche.

"what are you going to do, stab me?"
-Julius Caesar

"POWER, UNLIMITED POWAAA"
~ Caesar

"Come at me bro"
- Stalin in a private message to Adolf Hitler, June 22 1941

This quote cancels itself out, therefore continue.

Cogito ergo sum

I know. Nobody fabricates quotations. Fuck Voltaire for saying that, because he did totally say that.

Even if he didn't say it he definitely thought it.

“”We live in a decaying age. Young people no longer respect their parents. They are rude and impatient. They frequently inhabit taverns and have no self control.
—Ancient Egyptian tomb inscription

Apparently its fake, but still funny

You are blaming Voltaire for a quote that I just made up?

"Fly you fools!" - Hermann Goring, Battle of Britain, 1940

"Secundus defecated here."

Truly, a man beyond his time. Beyond even our own...

It was actually some greek philosopher

"only the Bohemians could defeat the Bohemians"

"All things are nothing to me."

he never said this

Yeah, the fact that you decided to use Voltaire isn't a coincidence.

God stirner is insufferable, he's like a prom queen who believes that everyone who likes her is a good person and everyone that doesn't like him is a bad person.

Where do you get that from that quote? He just says he loves people out of egoistic motivations and that being a "decent" person isn't incompatible with being a voluntary egoist. It's just pointing out that empathy doesn't go out the window just because you don't think God ordered you to love people.

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion"

- Thomas Paine

made me kek

"The act of mocking for their ignorance of false quotations by creating yet more false quotations is like super retarded guys, also it's evil and fucking queer."
-Myself, less than a second ago.

"To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause"

>I love people I'm inherently a good person and not because there's any good reason to love people.
-Max the Axespray, Stirner.

>Stirner evaluating himself as "good" or "bad"
Dude.

>History was a mistake
t. Herodotus

"I hate krauts who disagree with me but i hate other countries even more"
t. Otto Von Bismarck.
Truly a genius rhetoric

Let the die be cast - Menander

"NIGHT OF FIRE"
Nero

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, the point is to change it

"Beep, beep, beep"
- Sputnik

Also, "All that we think or say or do is luck; we only write our signatures below"

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche

And that's how I became a disgusting post-modernist.

“Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."

-Andrzej Sapkowski
Blood of elves

>As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood." That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come.

"Finally, after many years of subservience, I have secured myself a piece of territory for me and my fellow haplotype sharing subjects. Even though this feat was only possible after my superior subjugators died, I consider my achievement a superhuman feat. I am a god. I will finally world relevance by becoming the most loyal servant of the pope and give him all my money."

t. Otto the >great

>Please excuse me. I couldn't help but notice that your definition of "god" wildly differs from my own. I am also of the belief that the Vatican is corrupt and therefore should not receive our support. I will now engage in petty squabbles so my vision of an abstract concept becomes the most relevant.

>I hate krauts who disagree with me but I hate other countries even more

"Germany went to war alone against the whole world and lost. This is obviously the Jewish people's fault!"

Excerpt from "Mein Kampf" (1925)

"Shit's on fire yo" - Rostopchin, 1812

local favorite historical quotes thread rapidly devolves into marginalizing and paraphrasing thread, details at 11

And the answer:
"Tibi mater, cinaede pathice stulte."

"Him the Almighty Power
Hurled headlong flaming from th' ethereal sky,
With hideous ruin and combustion, down
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell
In adamantine chains and penal fire,
Who durst defy th' Omnipotent to arms."

Nec pluribus impar - written on Leo2