>Block list, furniture themes and paint
imgur.com/a/hQzDQ
imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28&usp=sh

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8&usp=sh

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/4613115
youtube.com/watch?v=CYqq9Ovz_9c
terraria.gamepedia.com/Greedy_Ring
terraria.gamepedia.com/Flying_Dutchman
terraria.gamepedia.com/Radar
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for an Hero

In multiplayer chat, write [c/00aa00: ">text here without quotes"] in order to greentext.

That function can also be used to colour your announcement box text.

>can't figure out anything to decorate my shitty underground base with

why is half the goddamn game's decent materials locked behind hardmode godfuckingDAMN

Have you tried playing in hardmode?

I'm still gearing up for WoF and building shit I need like farms and shit.

Mate, get into hardmode before you start building. I beat moon lord before I started building nice things.

What's the point once you've beaten moonman though?

To build nice things, of course.

strawpoll.me/4613115

Crimson vs Corruption

Which do you prefer and why?

user
It's a building game
Build nice things
Practice building nice things by building shit things and then letting everyone here point out what makes it shit

For instance, I need people to tell me why pic related is shit so I can git gud at building shit like this.

Corruption, everything about it is better. It's creepier, it's music is better, and it looks strangely better; It feels like the tumor in the land it's supposed to be.

Crimson is just kinda yuck all around and I dread seeing it in a world, it doesn't feel creepy, just ugly.

>we actually hit bump limit
youtube.com/watch?v=CYqq9Ovz_9c

That is remarkably unsymmetrical.

Crimruption.

corruption. it has a consistent look, feel, direction and theme.

crimson is a shitty corruption. the enemy design is fucking heinously bad, the music is a let down, and the general look-and-feel is 'corruption but red and flesh' which is a detriment. Its a dark-and-edgy ripoff of something actually decent.

>not putting painted ebonwood and putting platforms on it
>those beams hugging the walls
100% why

Corruption with Crimson items cheated in, but I can only use them when I get their corruption counterpart.

that art is so bad

Am i alone in thinking it has the same feel as Otherworld artstyle?
I really dont like it

Well the otherworld artstyle is awful too, so it might just be because they're both shit

Jesus i'm gonna puke

The expert mode house that my girlfriend and I built.

reminds me one of those "HD" minecraft texture packs
not awful/10

Just try other kinds of walls for certain rooms, also paint, lots and lots of paint

is there a way to force the game to generate a world with Corruption instead of Crimson? I hate playing RNG with worldgen.

>angler tackle bag is the best looking accessory
>Wings hide it almost 90 percent of the time

t e r r a
c u s t o m

that looks like the newer clonk games

thank fuck. I found it as your post showed up.

one of the things that pisses me off from those new terraria updates is that the old stuff is always left behind
take a look on the old hardmode armors and compare to the new hardmode armors
they are literally shit

at least crimsom is balanced compared to corruption

but you always feels like shit for rolling old hardmode ores in your world because they are shit compared to the new ones

>not setting up a crimson biome and fishing them

If you're gonna world hop, might as well skip all the boring parts.

>cheating
>fun

Yep. Same for some weapons. They were hot shit in their days, but now they're outclassed and some don't even fit in the progression curve anymore, like the keybrand.

>cheating and skipping the boring parts of cheating
>or cheating and still having to sit down waiting for multiple crates that have 1% chance to appear

>keybrand doesn't open chests in the dungeon
triggered

How scrub would I be if I tedit'd in a lucky coin and discount card? I've done the invasion 15-20 times now and haven't gotten either. It's starting to get annoying.

TEditing items in is dumb, use terrasavr instead.

If world hopping is cheating, why did Red say he fully expects players to do it?

BTFO YOU CAN'T EVEN REPLY BECAUSE YOU LOST

>world hopping
>cheating

nice meme kid

Because red is a shitty dev with a clusterfuck item list, donut steel dev sets and it's very apparent that terraria's quality was a fluke based on projections of Otherworld

GRAY BRICK/10

Gray brick should only be used in small amounts. Pretty much any material looks better, except for red brick.

You've done well making it not a box, but you have a bunch of random architectural elements with nothing to support them. The wood beams are all in random spots. Try putting the beams under arches and such. Plus, wood beams going down into lava is kind of silly. Try to think of how a real life building would need to be built.

because he's a casual like you

>that glass texture
Why?

>that barely readable font
oh GOD

This is last thread's wordcloud.

>cheating like world shit
Accurate.

>it's very apparent that terraria's quality was a fluke based on projections of Otherworld

Or, perhaps, Engine Software sucks ass as they have repeatedly shown with everything.

Crimson.
Better gear and you get a free boss arena for the brain fight.

>Pretty much any material looks better, except for red brick.

Nigga I will fight you.

>better gear
>no worm scarf

>better gear
>no light orb
>no ball'o hrut
>no band of starpower
>no extra speed armor to go fast and dodge shit

Light Orb a shit, though.

Does Corruption's bricks blend well with gray brick? I'm honestly trying to replace the gay brick because yeah, it looks fugly and boring, but I can't think of anything to break it up wiht/replace it with.

>SHIT BUILDING

All's well with the world

Dude didn't even say he world hopped. He said he "cheated" them in.

Why does the lucky coin have to be so god damn rare? I feel like the pirate should sell the pirate invasion items if you have beaten the golem, because steamrolling the same event 20 times in a row is pretty shitty.

Or if I could at least do something with all these stupid coin rings, that would help. Don't know why they can't be combined with the discount card.

terraria.gamepedia.com/Greedy_Ring

My bad, I have GOLD rings. I know the coin and card can be combined. But I can't get a coin. I already have a card and like 5 rings. I just don't get why the drop rates on these things are so skewed.

Does the Flying Dutchman even drop stuff always?

terraria.gamepedia.com/Flying_Dutchman

>tfw can't reduce everything down to basic elements
I would even take just flowers or dye. Pretty sure they disappear in HM or something.

>looking shit up just to relink it instead of just saying yes or no
The fug.

Its a nicer way of saying "Read the fucking wiki"

What's a fast way to kill off the Hungries quickly? This shit's annoying and I've got bees and everything.

Explosive weaponry. Try hellfire arrows.

Shit, alright.

Also, bees knees or molten fury?

Just use a yoyo :^)

Bee's Knees. The answer is always the bees.

Further spiking my turtle shell of a base

More like shit show of a base

shit building
like, hardmode world
..cheating crimson

>1.3.1 actually came out
>1.3.2 announced
>still haven't built my wizard tower
huh
guess I
guess I should go give that a try sometime.

Where did you find crimson in that
Not denying it, it's stupid to limit yourself to only corruption

The ice. It's pretty visible on the mini map.

Not that user, but confirmed; you've got colored ice on either side of the central area there. It is indeed clear on the minimap.

IDK if it's clear, but..

That's hallowed ice you tards

Going well.

Any up for Pumpkins?

you call that a base? where's the aesthetic?

>will never again have that map that naturally had a massive mountain like cliff on the very edge of the map that was hundreds of blocks high
>haven't played since before moon boss got introduced
is it true that your map will get completely ruined by shit randomly spawning now?

>aesthetic
>base
Not that guy, but I finally gave up with that. It's too impractical. I'm building a goddamned square chock-full of chests and crafting stations, and I'll keep the NPCs in nice, aesthetic houses really far away from my batcave.

I don't understand, why wait till you beat him?

>World-hopping is cheating
>Inventory is kept between worlds
>RNG content gates so people don't experience all the content.

Fuck that. He's got that Monster Hunter nigger autism if he thinks I'm not world hopping for farm.

I looked in every surface chest for a Radar. It would have been nearly impossible to make the cellphone if I didn't make a couple of trash worlds to get it.
Do you know how big the pool is in Hardmode for surface crates? I don't have that much free time.

So can anyone tell me what this is about? I know Hero and that Penguin guy went into an autistic fit about each other, but I don't know why.

>Haven't played Terraria since Vampire Knives were the hip OP thing

>Have no fucking clue what you're going on about, and don't feel like fighting busted bosses with inferior weapons again.

I'll just nod my head and such.

All blocks and content available. And nothing else to do after.

terraria.gamepedia.com/Radar
Came with 1.3.0.1
Look at the REK's article, then the PDA's. You'll see the cellphone, a massive object used to display all available info and teleport home.
As you can imagine, it's far easier to farm the components by using trash worlds.

Well, glad I haven't bothered playing it again.

A wealth of grind content awaits, and I'm not the lucky sort.

Not like it matters that much, anyway. If anything, all that info in your screen can become bothersome.

You can disable anything you don't want onscreen (also works w/ it's components)

I need things to build. Where do I look?

TIME TO PRETEND-REVIVE THE THREAD

Anyone else not getting ANY Water Walking Boots generating in their worlds? I'm having to cheese them in with TerrariaPatcher, but I thought they normally spawn one or two in a world, especially large worlds like I use. For the past ten or so worlds I've played in (both 1.3.0.8 and 1.3.1), NO WWBs have spawned at all. Confirmed this with TerraMap.

>Cheating this hard for a shitty item
Flipper is better anyway

Yeah, but I like having Lava Waders, and I need the WWBs to make them.

>''Im just a guy whos a HERO for money''

>The Binding of Isaac General died
>We didn't
Hmm?
>Stardew Valley General died
>We didn't
HMMMMMMMMM?!

We are the most autistic.

gxfgxfg