/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Ignore the other thread, its OP is full of misinformation and most of the thread is the OP samefagging.

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE. You can only downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod.
-3ds.titlekeys.com/ added QR codes, allowing for games to be downloaded and installed directly from FBI
-Region changing with working eShop now available for original 3DS only, check the Plailect's guide.
-New Luma update lads. Get it here: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v5.5
-New FBI update. github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/tag/2.2.6

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>PSV
-Cobra Black-Fin will be released in the future, allowing piracy. It won't be compatible with 3.60.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there any way to use DS carts on emunand using Luma3DS?

I'm proud of you for trying OP. >Cakes guy has found a new target and I guess can't help himself.

luma automatically install patches that allow them to work off the bat

fucking Australians

I'm still sad about NTR desu

I'm sure someone will fork it eventually

That shiba inu is a little bitch frankly.

As in they'll work with a disassembly? lol

Not anymore it doesn't.

You have to follow the steps here:
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

as in home menu mods are already becoming a thing and that's all NTR was at first.

What's the point? The shitty mods are gonna delete this one too cause the shitposter's doin some sexual shit for one of the mods. Mods=fags.

that only applies if you use a bootmanager

a9lh, no boot manager

Yeah but how would they fork it without the source

emunand implies he's not using a9lh.

>Luma has issues
I'll stick to Rx until you guys get it fixed. I do hope full working condition is achieved a few years before the time Ninty completely abandon the 3DS line.

Not necessarily.

so it does, I must have read over that for some reason.

doesn't luma come with its own bootmanager now anyway?

just replace your bot.3dsx with the one in the menuhax folder

Luma doesn't have issues if you use it the way it was designed to, which is with cfw sysnand and a9lh.

I'm okay with having a good thread in smaller blocks with [Deleted] commercial breaks in between.

Worked perfectly, thanks.

What are you going to play next, /hbg/?

is it worth buying a vita yet? that black fin thing apparently only works while connected to the internet, so that's kinda gay.

I don't think so, sadly. I hate that Sony killed their own console by making it have neither games nor homebrew.

>Checking out how to move from Rx to Luma
>sees "cross your fingers" in the a9lh github guide

So no matter how good you stick to it there's still a chance you'll brick it? How many of you got bricked? Serious question.

Whoa, why'd they change the color. This isn't right.

There's always going to be a chance to brick, no matter what method you use. Although that chance is really, really small.

The a9lh brick risk itself is in a very low percentile, he's just doing due diligence by acknowledging the 1%.

If you don't want a9lh, and are interested in Luma, just do this:

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/

So the other OP even stole my post now. Wow.

I hang around in the irc channel mentioned as live support in the guide, so far there has been exactly one person who bricked although he did everything right, and only because he forgot plugging his device in while downgrading and it ran out of battery.

Currently playing some JRPGs on my PS3.

The grind.

Isn't this fun.

Seeing people talking about it kind of got me interested in trying that new 7th dragon game. Should I? Why?

Dear god, the font in that post couldn't possibly be any worse. Even Comic Sans would be better than oversized bold Georgia.

There's always the method found in that gif: literally just unzip Luma3DS.

Oh shit, I forgot to save that gif. Anyone have it?

I still don't understand why it's supposedly required. It's such a basic task.

They even named it the same to frame you allegedly.

Oh so I actually don't need a9lh? Cool, I guess.

Retards.

Just think how many people followed the "retard" guide.

>pirate over 60 games
>still playing SMT4 that i actually bought

i just gotta fill out that compendium bros

Remember that the biggest reason people still use RxTools is because of a (flawed) guide by name of "you must be literally retarded edition."

That guide hasn't been relevant in a while though.

Exactly.

It hasn't even been in the OP, how could they follow it?

When is that guy going to stop (You)ing himself anyway?

Question: Say I did this a9lh thing. It says here that it lets your device straight boots a CFW Sysnand but your 3DS will not boot anymore without the SD card?
Supposed I lose the card?
Also is there a chance a Nintendo update might mess it up?

Actually I've seen a few people randomly waltz into the thread and mention they're following it, recently. They bookmarked it or whatever I guess.

>Also is there a chance a Nintendo update might mess it up?
There isn't.

>Supposed I lose the card?
You just need the file in the SD card, just put it in a new one. I think you can take it out once you start the 3DS and switch SD cards or whatever you want anyway.

They either bookmarked it or they did it back when it first got published and just never updated. I assume the shitposter is one such person who got a bit too assblasted when he was told to update.

Looking forward to the new Rhythm Heaven and Gunvolt 2.

Judging by how he formats his posts and what he's doing he seems to be the ">cakes" shitposter.

>tfw your sd card breaks and you lose most of the stuff you did since you made the last backup

I bricked at that point. Did everything right, including the downgrade to 2.x. Restoring the newer firmware bricked it.

ZTD
Rhythm Heaven Megamix I already played Best+ and want to play it again.
And Pokemon whenever that comes out.

I actually want to play RH Megamix for the story. I have to admit, the idea of a RH game having a story is still weird, but there seems to be a lot of it. It's a good excuse to replay though.

I bricked my DS mode by messing with the MSET exploit installer in FBI. Then I restored my NAND backup and everything was fine. I kind of did it on purpose basically.

you didn;t cross all your fingers and your eye and toes and the street

no way unless you restored a wrong / corrupted backup.

wat card did you have

Samsung 32 GB "EVO" micro SD card

Hey, I'm this guy
I got the n3DS TWL FIRM installed and I can run DS games from the slot now, so that's nice.
But I cannot launch DSi Ware without getting that "An Error has Occurred" message. Is Luma3DS just not compatible with DSi Ware?

I thought it was.

>tfw downgraded the MSET to the 4.5 version for installing Gateway

All I gotta do to fix that is boot Gateway in sysnand mode and then restore the 9.0 version MSET .cia right?

Kinda planning on switching from Gateway to a9lh and luma in the future

Luma works fine with DSi Ware for me, though I didn't do anything to the TWL FIRM and am running Luma in a9lh cfw sysnand mode.

>he just realized nobody but him was posting there
Fuck off, nobody cares about your shitty samefag thread.

>not even managing to link properly

my working theory is that my backup got corrupted somehow. i can't think of any other possibility

should've checked md5 hashes my man

How many of you have downloaded games/dlc etc from the title keys site?

You don't download them from the site.

you know what i mean fuccboi.

just answer the question

I can't get hyrule warriors dlc to work

Using titlekeys to download sounds convenient, but once it catches on I'm sure Nintendo will buttfuck any console and NNID that abused the flaw that lets it happen

plus, I think installing from Eshop would be even fucking slower than installing from a CIA. MH3U (the only legitly purchased game I have) took like an hour to download and install off the Eshop

MH4U took about 10 minutes to install from .cia

I've used the title IDs and keys available on the site to download games from Nintendo's servers, if that's what you mean.

I think I downloaded the GtI DLC that I posted myself, I just wanted to see if it worked

ZTD leak when

It's nice for small games like eShop and VC games.

how exactly do you expect them to do that? you don't require your NNID to to do that and there's no way for nintendo to tell if the tickets are actually from games you bought or if you just downloaded them.
also I'm calling bullshit on your MH4U installation time, that's a 3.5GB game and a 1.8GB game already takes 20-30 minutes to install from cia.

Didn't it already happen?

It's a give/take situation.

You give up the speed in favor of it being reliable. As long as what you want is on the site, no matter how obscure, you're guaranteed to get it from the eShop.

Otherwise, you're on your own with hunting down CIAs for anything that isn't Mario.

Depends on what you're in the mood for.

I'm kinda having a hard time differentiating between CIAngel and FBI's QR Code function.

CIAngel can download tickets, cia's and install cia's, while FBI can only download tickets right?

Would it be 'safer' to use the download CIA from CIAngel? Whats the best option here?

plus what 15 minutes to transfer that data over USB and longer over wifi before you even get to the install

>This thread was made an hour and a half after the original

Original thread here

Yeah, fuck off now.

no
CIAngel downloads and installs tickets and then uses those to download and create cias from nintendo. It can not install cias.
FBI downloads and installs whatever you scan with the scanner, which can be a cia or a tik file. In case of a cia it installs it, in case of a tik file it installs it and then uses it to download the data from nintendo.
CIAngel also doesn't cryptofix the games, so newer games don't work unless you visit their eshop page first. FreeShop has the same problem, FBI doesn't.

I have a class 10 micro SD and I use devmenu for installing shit, that's how long it took to install when I switched to N3DS and had to reinstall all my games.

Haven't tried any other installer app so I can't say whether any are slower. Devmenu just werks

I've played around 30 hours of it and I think it's the second best game that's currently on the 3DS, right next to Stella Glow.

so does your 10 minute installation time include the time required to unscrew the back, remove the microSD, transfer the data, and put it all back together? because I can just scan a bunch of tickets and install them from the eshop in sleep mode over night.

Really good news would be a 11.0 downgrade hax, exploits are good but only for userland 11.0 or people on 10.7 that didn't want to use OoT/CN

Does choosing the 64kb cluster for your 3DS' micro/SD card improve loading that much? I set up my sd card many months ago and didn't even choose that option, though i don't have any sort of long loading issues or long boot time.

Though if it improves loading even by like 1-2 seconds then it would be worth backing up and formatting

I kept asking this in the non troll threads but they kept getting deleted. Does anyone have any good SNES injects?

No, I'm only counting the time it takes to actually install the application from Devmenu

But yeah having to unscrew the back, remove the sd, stuff it in the reader is tedious. Files transfer fast though, so that's not tedious

>CIAngel also doesn't cryptofix the games, so newer games don't work unless you visit their eshop page first.
i think that was fixed in the latest release

Which ones are you looking for? Also I think you only asked once.

if you used emunand9 to format it / set up / remove an emunand it already is formatted with the correct settings.
fair enough then, I don't keep up with CIAngel releases because there's no reason to install it.

>No Persona 4 Golden

>in case of a tik file it installs it and then uses it to download the data from nintendo
Where do I find these tik files? In CIAngel I just enter the serial from the titlekeys database.

There's not a chance it improves it by a part of one second, I wouldn't think.