/msg/ - Maplestory General

Sauna and bathrobes edition pt. 2 because the other one died while i was walking to the store to buy ingredients.

Aran and Evan revamp coming soon™.

General Info (Thank you to whoever restored it):
docs.google.com/document/d/1T8cObkaXeOrFRfg_QhxisioyEWdNzGPqe3mUJHEgFF4

Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v171+ (Updates alongside GMS).
aries.elluel.net/

>Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 GMS-like. Dream server.
maple.ellinia.net/
>BUDDY SUZURAN OR LEAVE NAME IN THREAD FOR A GUILD INVITE.Dawnveil
4x/1x/2x v169.1 GMS-like.
dawnveil.net/

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals if you're in Windia, Pay2Win, MotherBase or LOVE in Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
discord.gg/immortal-falstad-fiddlesticks
youtu.be/Jg_Vjw30sBQ?t=51s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ROYALERS DON'T REPORT IN

how do i get a ghost ship emblem
i'm only level 190 though

do the ghost ship quests by the old guy in boat quay town

Authentic maple experience

let the general fucking die

make me b*ch................

I know the game has changed a lot since I played it back in like 2007/2008 but will I still have fun?

Is the cashshop still mostly aesthetic with some buffs or will I be shelling out money all day?
How balanced are the new classes compared to the vanilla ones and is everyone still playing with the dragon pet class or has its popularity faded? Is there still a community?

I want to be a child again

I can't tell if it's supposed to be lagging or not because webms are such a shitty stutter-laden format.

Cash is king, and will help you further your character, but you ARE capable of growing without spending a penny, it just takes exceptionally longer.

You'll never relive the experiences you had, because they were made by the community, not the game. The game is objectively better, but you're gonna be disappointed because you won't be able to walk into the FM and have dozens of people talking to each other, or just meet someone while grinding. It won't happen, and it stopped happening, even in pre-bb, which is why they streamlined leveling and introduced bb.

where do i go for price checks

Shit game , garbage thread .

Maple.fm is a good resource .

I used to play a permanoob, and quit some time around when Arans were introduced. Is being a permanoob still at all viable, or even possible? Is it better to start as a new class, like cygnus knights or Arans were permanoob style?

>permabeginner at all viable ever

dude the point of it was literally gimping yourself to be a speshul snowflake

Cygnus Knights are the best permabeginners right now, but the best were Hayatoginners, they actually had decent damage
Nexon patched it ages ago, but I still have mine, don't play it though

Coolio, and how's market for relevant equipment? Is it still just towels and surfboards?

No, you can literally google this information, and find full guides, with pages worth of information.
/msg/ is not the place to ask these basic questions.
Play Reboot, it will be a more comfortable fit for a returning player. Trading is disabled, the cash shop stuff that progresses you is buyable with mesos.

be back later keep the thread alive for me

Sweetwater gear is end game for beginners. Afaik beginners can equip Cygnus Brilliance too for whatever reason(at least my Hayatoginner can)

As for weapons, I'm not sure, I think it might still be the mop

Strongest weapon is VIP Dagger (Str), just looked it up
I half tempted to gear my Hayato for fun, but I feel if nexon ever found out I was glitched, they'd force me into job advancing or something

I play as an Islander and its the perfect combo of being a special snowflake and wasting time

>no fucking aran and evan update
WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG
WHY DON'T WE JUST HAVE IT RIGHT NOW
WHAT THE FUCK.
WHAT'S LEFT.
WHAT MORE COULD THEY POSSIBLY GIVE US TO FUCKING STALL?

At this point its pretty much guaranteed to be the next patch, what else could they even try to stall it with at this point?

I don't know, I didn't think they could stall with anything after the anniversary shit but WOAH LOOK OUT HERE COMES MORE GENERIC CHINK SHIT THAT'S BROKEN AND GIVES AWFUL REWARDS

Soon

tm

if you ranking glitch someone and the ranks are different numbers, does that mean they don't have multiple characters or what

What did she mean by this?

how do i deal with the thing where horntail only takes 1 damage

By taking off your trip.

Physical immunity or magic immunity only last for so long.
(maybe like 10 seconds or so)

There's specific buffs/hypers that can debuff a boss so that it'll take off their armor/dr/immunity buffs.

Are you trying to reply to someone? You should use the proper format, like I'm doing (">>" followed by the number of the post you want to reply to.).
If you're new, I can link you to the FAQ so you don't get confused. Veeky Forums.org/faq#what4chan
If you're not familiar with this image/text board layout, don't fret. It can get pretty confusing for newbies.

I hope that settles everything! Welcome to Veeky Forums!

What a sad general.

they could always squeeze another month out by bringing over the zipangu reorganization/kishin nerf
I wouldn't even be surprised

aren't you enjoying your ebin blockbusters user?
I swear ems is going to get the next update before gms lmao

So what timezone does nexon go off of?

NA should be PST

Hey /msg/
Imma go install MapleRoyals and play that shit, so I want to know if HP warriors are shunned or not
I love going for meme builds

demon avenger is good ye

I quit when Big Bang came out and I recently heard about the Reboot server.
So how is it? What I hated the most in the game was that the Cash Shop was infested with pay-to-win items. Untradeable pay-to-win items. I couldn't even grind for money and buy it from other players and have to trust some shady fucker and hope I don't get scammed when buying NX.

Anyways, how pay-to-win is the reboot server exactly? Is it fair for all players?
I really want to get back since this was my first MMO I played.

Everyone on Royals will literally be all over your genitals if you roll HP warrior

You're not ready

>You're not ready
What do you mean?

egg meme

>page10

>page
>playing pally UNIRONICALLY in THE CURRENT YEAR

>hating on pally
Shit nigger, they're fun as fuck.

They are actually fun, I just wanted to make a page joke

Brb casting HS

Any PS without the Big Bang update? I miss spamming Genesis on Skeles.

Can I get the discord link?

discord.gg/immortal-falstad-fiddlesticks

I've been playing mapleroyal for two weeks now, curious about Ellina, how good is it?

Royals is the biggest Pre-BB I think

So apparently GMS is having a summit this summer as well. Neospector, AKradian and a few other forumers got invites. Presumably youtubers will have as well.

I just joined Royals. Are there any guilds?

implying

Implying what, user?

implying there is an /msg/ royals guild, you can add me in game though, its Lightraiser!

A

Are shadowers still shit?

shadowers got a pretty large buff on KMS recently. Smokescreen now gives 100% crit when you're in it, and explosion has no CD and can be used while attacking.
They're obviously no night lord but they're pretty good now.

ahahaha

What class should I main that makes me stand out and look cool?
Meme classes aside, I want something that's alright but not the best, but also not shit.

>Explosion

You mean Meso Explosion? Do you have a video of all that?

There's no /msg/ guilds but I recommend you join one of the popular social guilds, I also suggest you check the forums. Forums can be pretty cancer but it's the best way you're gonna find a guild/party/merch/etc.

How did royals get so popular? Did reboot kill all post bb private servers?

Also whats more popular: reboot or royals?

>How did royals get so popular?
Streamers gave it free exposure, that's one of the main reasons. The other is because when Extalia died, a lot of people had nowhere to go and they just looked at the next two servers on GTOP, which were Royals and Ellinia.

>Did reboot kill all post bb private servers?
Nah, Extalia was the BEST post-bb pserver and its absence is taking a toll on the pserver community.

>Also whats more popular: reboot or royals?
Reboot, technically speaking. Royals is really popular, but only in the pserver community.

Sure.
youtu.be/Jg_Vjw30sBQ?t=51s
From that time code.

They show off meso explosion being used during assassinate, and smokescreen's automatic dark sight activation.

What happened to Extalia?

Yoko uno killed it

It died.
Hidden's girlfriend accessed an IRC channel without masking her IP and people quickly found where Hidden lived, he got doxxed, and then Nexon was like "sup".
This all happened over New Years too, which put quite a damper on everything.

women
not even once

no offense jmsanon

I just want JMSanon to yell at me while Remilia fucking kills me.

>jMSanon might not be jMSanon for long
>instead, kMSanon
it sounds less cute

Dude, that's cool as fuck. Would have been better if they coins flew automatically, tho, like the stars from that assassin passive.

That's probably a change that might happen at some point in the future. All these mash-to-use supplemental skills (like xenon's rockets, which also got the same fine tuning mesosplosion got) are pretty much useless right now, and would be much better off as new form final attack launcher, like soul seekers, and eunwol's fox spirit, and kinesis telekinetic smack bubbles, and night lord's stars, night walker's bat, etc.

I hate kanna

what wud she be called if she played
boths???

Jkms

How do I leave gms and join jms

make a JMS account, buy a vpn, hook it up.
I'd recommend just getting a KMS account. More lively, it'll average out to the same amount as you'll probably spend on a VPN all in all, and it's not getting close to a shutdown like JMS is.
That's why JMSanon is moving to KMS potentially anyway, I reckon.
Plus update priority.

>new v62 server opens up
>it's 5x exp or above and has shitty custom content

>v62
Who care

Kms fucking sucks.
Korean is shitty
Also fuck those captchas

That's why JMSanon is moving to KMS potentially anyway

A couple threads ago they posted about how they acquired a KMS account and were debating going to KMS.
see
korean's easier to learn than japanese, not that you need to, it's maplestory and you don't need to know the language if you've played the game at all before, which we all have. Progression is very slow. You don't need to pick up a variety of items so it's not like you can't fake your way through it.
KMS has more features than JMS if you're interested in the game itself
JMS has captchas too so that's a moot point.

>JMS has captchas too so that's a moot point.
jMSanon was wrong and right at the same time, the only reason she got
>captchas
was because the game thought she was botting hardcore when she abused beast tamer bears fart shittings and aoe vaccum cleaners in drake caves to instakill shit over 3 different platforms

My mistake then.
still, captchas aren't really a big deal if you put in the effort to practice typing for a couple hours over the span of a week. All the talk about JMS dying (3 servers and reboot?) make me think it's a bad idea to move there anyway. Might as well just stay on GMS.

>implying moving to maplestory in the first place is a good thing
MMOs are literally just garbage chutes these days, no reason to join a server where you cant talk to people because of language borders and no reason to join a server where theres literally nobody playing except bots because binary borders

and no reason to join MMOs because nobody plays these games to play with other people anymore

Nobody cares, it's just
>HEY GUYS THIS SERVER IS GONNA BE SUPER NOSTALGIC JUST LIKE 2008 X-D
>puts high rates and custom content that doesn't even work

I play because I enjoy the gameplay. No other reason factors into it. The game was social oriented a decade ago, but it's different now and you can be entirely self sufficient. Reboot helps with that, KMS is the best for it, in my opinion. You don't NEED to talk to other people. Even when other people are there on GMS, how often do you really talk to them? Almost never i'd be willing to bet. Same shit on private servers too, besides prebb shit where you have to party.

Congratulations, in one post, you've managed to make kMS sound like the shittiest server and prebb sound actually good.

I'm sorry royalsbased, but you're going to have to restart your whole royals shitposting career.

>All the talk about JMS dying (3 servers and reboot?) make me think it's a bad idea to move there anyway.
>You don't NEED to talk to other people.
did ctrl get hit in the head with a rock or something
the last few generals all i've seen is just sperging about kMS and podcasts and how communities dont work or some shit

or is this someone else

That's not me. I posted about the podcast because someone kept bringing it up, and I was just explaining that it (and maple communities in general) are just a bad idea, because of what i've seen, hardly sperging, sorry if it came off that way though, I am passionate about maple.

I don't care what server you play. I played GMS for a while, now I play KMS. I like pre-bb, I play on planxia, a KMS pre-bb pserver.

It's probably some shitter that played KMS for like a week and dropped out. There are lots of those. I mean, there are a LOT of those.

I've just been taking a break and haven't been posting in the generals much till the next patch drops on KMS on the 15th. There's nothing going on for content, and I just have the drive to do pink bean stuff.

Oh and I should clarify, I play pachinko on JMS too. I would hate for that to shut down.

Eggvival when

>everyone who hates royals is royals