/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Neotare: literally means "cuckold" and shortened as NTR is a hentai genre where in a heroine will be introduced as having a significant other, which may be a husband, a boyfriend, or even a partner in a BST affair. The story will then show the aforementioned heroine being intimate with another man thus provoking jealousy in the audience by proxy.

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-New Luma update lads. Get it here: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v5.5
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for original 3DS only. For details see Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>Vita
Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/HGyXZfZQ
gbatemp.net/threads/request-ctraging-3ds-debug-app-research.411704/
gbatemp.net/threads/request-ctraging-3ds-debug-app-research.411704/page-15#post-6404403
youtu.be/JsOhYqnW9Ww
gbatemp.net/threads/the-status-of-gateway-and-a9lh.427889/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/48hjej/can_this_brick_my_3ds_responses/d0jlp9p
3dsiso.com/3ds-tips-and-tutorials/269249-tutorial-convert-nes-roms-nes-vc-3ds-cia-files.html
pastebin.com/G33SqPfM
mega.nz/#F!et1lFCRC!EFldVjzKFHMaxv89lXWSDg
discord.gg/0u8foVrgx6yg1PJG
discord.gg/0ypvBFONRRBTX3w6
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZhWymR4Z6w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do I edit in an RSF to change the Minor number?
The one in this pastebin pastebin.com/HGyXZfZQ has US Sm4sh 1.1.6 at 32.22.0 when the actual update is 32.28.0. This is causing an update nag after I install a custom update.

okay so i'm currently at the part in Pailect's guide where you just open OTPHelper and then do the one click setup, and i'm completely done with it, but i didn't set up wifi on the 2nd rednand wipe (in section 1). am i fucked? i already downgraded rednand to 2.1 so it'll be a black screen no matter what, but wifi is set up on sysnand.
tldr i don't have wifi enabled on rednand but i do on sysnand, and just got done with the OTPhelper setup and wanted to check if it even matters if i didn't have it set up on rednand before the 2.1 downgrade

Why haven't you changed the color of your notification LED, /hbg/?

Why haven't you boosted the max volume of your 3ds yet, /hbg/?

Why haven't you shown off your l337h4x0r skills to your friends by using CTRaging's demo kit that every 3ds is tested with prior to shipping?

Why haven't you proven to /hbg/ that you have a master race IPS panel screen?

gbatemp.net/threads/request-ctraging-3ds-debug-app-research.411704/

When I boot CTRAging on my N3DS (got it from the pastebin), it gives me a "wait" screen on the bottom and a picture of a 3ds on top, but doesn't advance from there. Any tips?

Nope, no dice.
NTR says current firmware (emu 11.0) is not supported.

Any other way to get game screenshots?

so, any way to get accurate colors on my ips?

NTR

You should be able to use a 10.2 firmware.bin, I'd think?

Hey man, why don't you try out this hip new site called google

I'm thinking the same this post has your answer.
They waited 26 minutes for pic related.

source; gbatemp.net/threads/request-ctraging-3ds-debug-app-research.411704/page-15#post-6404403

So why DOESN'T Cell9 go open source with NTR?
Kill yourself

So I just wait on that screen for a half hour and hope for the best?

ZTD leak when

fuck off bully

I did the Luma cfw setup thing and now my Gateway doesn't show up when I press select
Help

Did you try holding start at all?
youtu.be/JsOhYqnW9Ww
The wait screen pops up after he holds start.

Try that before waiting a half an hour.

gbatemp.net/threads/the-status-of-gateway-and-a9lh.427889/
Look around in this thread.

5.5 seconds
just kidding

Patience Gods give me strength

I did try holding start, and it didn't do anything.

WTF is this CTRaging stuff now? Isn't it just test shit?

And you started it via DevMenu?

Yep.

You can boost your speakers volume past the software max.

You can change the notification LED color to any color.

You can confirm if you have an IPS vs TN panel screen.

You can see the exact manufacturer date of your n3ds.

I had just thought of an epic maymay with that post but Jesus Fucking Christ am I glad I dropped my Gateway before they released their a9lh, that shit sounds terrible

No.

What options do you pick to do all that?

>You can change the notification LED color to any color
I thought you would need to replace the led to do that? You saying I can get, say, purple with just that cia installed?

Ok, so how does one do this magic? Tutorial anywhere?

I know no one gives a fuck about xbox360 but I need to change the console's region from PAL to NTSC since I am a poorfag that is using a CRT TV in 2016 which is NTSC.

How do I do that? all the tutorials I see online póint to different things so I am confused.

Is anyone taking requests for NES injections? I can't seem to find a Tetris cia anywhere.

You can, however, I would be weary.
See; reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/48hjej/can_this_brick_my_3ds_responses/d0jlp9p

No clue, reading the thread myself on gbatemp.

The OP on Gbatemp just says to google 3ds ctraging

see; gbatemp.net/threads/request-ctraging-3ds-debug-app-research.411704/

I don't know, honestly. I just found out about this. Try again?

3dsiso.com/3ds-tips-and-tutorials/269249-tutorial-convert-nes-roms-nes-vc-3ds-cia-files.html

Oh, 3dshacks discord had someone with the same problem. Someone said to remove game cart if there is one.

Just decided to work, awesome. Literally did not change anything, it just worked.

pastebin.com/G33SqPfM

I'm wondering if this is the pastebin refereed to. God I hate their roundabout tactics.

Too much work, hombre. I'll literally paypal a dollar. That and The Goonies by Konami (not the sequel). A dollar for each.

Yeah, this is the only one that came up for me.
They try to err the correct side of copyright as if they have active lawyers posting there ready to put up copyright claims. Oh well.

Does anyone else have problems with paint chipping or peeling off their n3ds?

nope

Holy fuck Y E S
It's fucking terrible, I would post a pic if I had a camera but with medium-heavy use since the JP launch it is chipping like a motherfucker. It triggers the fuck out of me, it's so ugly. Literally none of my other consoles has done this, and I haven't treated this console any worse than other consoles.

>3dshacks discord

link me up fampai

Nope. Dropped my o3DS XL ALBW Zelda at the corners and the console stayed in tact and the only thing is peeling/scuffs. My fault for taking it outside the house with no case.

I would just look into plasti dipping or spray painting the shells if you're concerned.

mega.nz/#F!et1lFCRC!EFldVjzKFHMaxv89lXWSDg

tetris tengen NES

discord.gg/0u8foVrgx6yg1PJG

If anyone wants instant help.

If you want to join /hbg/'s discord;

discord.gg/0ypvBFONRRBTX3w6

I've been looking for Nintendo Tetris, not Tengen. Thanks though user.

Using ctraging;

To make your LED white
>go to Evaluation menu
>MCU
>LED ON OFF
>press "A"

To see what panel you have
>go to debug3

Results from this debug3;
>LCDs are 0x0c (=SHARP)
This is a TN panel.

>0x01 =JDI for top screen
0x0c =SHARP for bottom screen
This is a IPS panel.

This is just shit I've gathered from other people, feel free to correct me.

IOSUhax when?

Soon (tm)
5 hours
9.9 never ever
9 hours

When Zelda Wii U launches.
The moralfags don't want the death of their favorite company's console to be because of said hacks.

The theme holds true to every big hack on every Nintendo console until someone leaks the hacks.

I feel powerful.

>not zelda NX

You'll be the king once you show us playing 3dsmash via gamecube controller and that streaming template.

I'm waiting on the homebrew that lets us play with some sort of gamepad so I can play with a Steam Controller

>3ds can do real time 3D lighting like PC masterrace

Why do we never see that in any games?

Because the framerate would be 1 or 2 frames with all of the textures, effects, etc.

What about dual IPS?

>You can confirm if you have an IPS vs TN panel screen.
>You can see the exact manufacturer date of your n3ds.

Where are these in the menu? I'm scared of opening some of this stuff recklessly

does ctraging boost your 3ds headphone volume? if so I need it.

Yes, it increases system wide notifications past the software volume maximum.

Not sure that i've seen 3dses with dual IPS. I know the top screen is on some models but both top and bottom? I doubt it.

To see the date, I'm not sure.
See for panel screen results.

Why does enabling dev features in config for luma hang the screen? Doesn't boot afterwords.

I just heard a bunch of people brag about them, they're probably wrong though.

>tfw dual IPS' plus gateway
ultimate master race

>IPS touchscreens

Don't do this. This bricked my 3ds, and I can't recover even with a9lh.

>tfw dual TN on my Zelda 3DS

Anyway to keep the 3DS LED thing in mode 2 with the while LED? Pressing A afterwards resets it and turning the thing off while set on mode 2 didn't do it either.

Also if anyone knows how to check manufacturer date that'd be cool. I'd love to see when this was made.

So if I'm on 10.7 I can just skip part 1 of the guide, yeah?

yeah

You need to unpack the starter kit, but yeah, no point in changing the date, trying to use Browserhax or trying to install Menuhax.

It's just showing me a bunch of 3d test shit like on the youtube video. How do I access the menu?

Try pressing start

Nothing happens when I do. Is it because I'm using BBM instead of devmenu? They look the same.

Try DevMenu. Also try relaunching the app.
Do you have a game cart in the cart slot?

>tfw TN on both

>losing to a CPU

I'm trying to dump my OTP, i went onto

dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin

as per the guide, but it's been on "arm11.bin loading" for like 3 mins now, shuold i expect it to be loading the OTP dumper anytime soon or should i reboot?

What's the difference between TN and IPS screens?

The quality in the screens.
The TN has a white wash on colors as seen here:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZhWymR4Z6w

Just bought a New 3DS XL, it was used, and sadly, it's on the newest firmware. I want to hack it, but right now, it's impossible. Is it worth hacking once I can though?

IPS is better

TN looks washed out from certain angles, you tend to see a pattern flash across it more readily. There is a reason nice phones use IPS. However, TN is in some regards a bit more gaming oriented, like its refresh rate is a little sharper, but that only matters in certain cases like a hardcore FPS.

need to hardmod it
>tfw it was most likely used for that very reason

please ;_;

No harm in rebooting dum dum.

Yeah did that a couple of times now. Still stuck on the "arm11.bin loading"

I'm looking at the browser version and everything it doesn't seem like i've got a partial downgrade

Anyone got any ideas?

so does the IPS panel have a slight yellow tint or are my eyes broken?

What is hardmod it?

So, if I want a new friend code, can I just:

1. Back up all my shit from the SD
2. Format emunand from system settings
3. Copy the back up back to the SD

So I don't lose any installed .cias and saves?

It works now. For those struggling like me, you had to press and hold start as you are booting the .cia.
>UPPER LCD TYPE = 0x01 (=JDI)
>LOWER LCD TYPE = 0x01 (=JDI)
>tfw dual IPS screens

like actually opening up the 3ds and modding it, i wouldn't wait for a 11.0 downgrade as it seems likely there may never be another one this time, could just return the 3ds i guess

what's the point of that stupid mlp thing in the homebrew menu

I want it off of my 3ds

how likely am i to brick my shit fucking around with this

Nope. What might work if you're lucky (I haven't tried this at all): backup both the SD card and the EmuNAND, TinyFormat it, open friends list, run Decrypt9, EmuNAND Options -> File Dump friendsave, restore your pre-format EmuNAND backup, File Inject the friendsave you just dumped.

That's supposed to be one of the uses of it from what I've read.

goddammit what a hassle, I thought there wouldn't be a problem because I'm not moving data to a new console.

are you sure you're on 2.1? are you sure you have both arm9.bin and arm11.bin at the root of your SD? are you sure your SD is inserted into your 3DS?

just solved it, im a retard i forgot to put arm11.bin and arm9.bin into the root

This is so fuckign stupid since this is the 2nd time i've downgraded a ds and it worked the first time

Sorry for taking ur time anons

thanks for the reply m8

delete the ftbrony folder from your 3ds folder.

What are the best emulators right now on an N3DS? I have some of the Retroarch suite installed right now for GBA and GBC, but I wanted to know if there are better choices out there. (I still haven't picked a SNES or a NES emulator.)

PS: I installed Gambatte for GBC and mgba for GBA, let me know if there are better choices.