Black Hannibal on fucking history channel

So today I was watching Barbarian rising with my family during dinner.

And when the trailer for the Hannibal episode comes out:

Black.

Hannibal is black, not Mediterranean, straight out SubSaharian African negro.

This is supposed to be a historical reconstruction, not a movie, this is supposed to be a documentary, yet Hannibal is a negro and not a Mediterranean man, he's a negro, because African=negro apparently according to the Historians who worked on this "historical" "reconstruction".

Right.

Wow, I am speechless.

I mean it's not a stretch since we really don't know what the man looked like.

Fuck off.

Yeah it is a stretch, he was a Phoenician mixed with Berber, neither of those ethnicities look like Subsaharian negroes.

What makes you think he didn't look like a North African bedouin or Berber? That's most likely what he looked like. Not a lot of black tunisians, really.

I always thought that Hannibal would look more like a Libyan. The same kind of skin color as these men.

WE

We actually do have one bit of evidence the roman historian records that before the battle of zama when scipio and hannibal met he recorded that hannibal was visibly sunburnt.

>scion of a wealthy and powerful family in a Phoenician colony
>lol he cudda been black
Fuck off and go prep the bull, this is how WE WUZ KANGZ started

WUZ

>Wow, I am speechless.
You are a fucking idiot.

KAAAAAAAAAAANGZ N SHIEEET!!!

KANGZ N SHEEIT

bahahahaha the ride never ends does it?

pic related
As a Carthaginian noble he was probably mostly of Levantine descent.

Fuck you why should anyone accept blatant historical revisionism to pander for a specific target demographic?

None of that happened. You just want another /pol/ bait thread to shit up the board

This is what you get for watching History Channel.

None of what happened, lefty?

ayo das raysis mane

Because that is what the history channel is for you fucking retard. You watch the history channel and expect historical accuracy? That's the most retarded thing I have heard in a very long time.

>You watch the history channel and expect historical accuracy?

These are Orwellian times indeed.

So we're supposed to quietly accept every absurd revisionist shit the media can come up with, because hurr you're retard if you expect something else. Shut the fuck up.

Hol up so u b sayin dat we not only wuz gypshins but we wuz hanibals to? wow das rite we wuz hanibals lmao Im not kiddin u whitey been covering dat shit up nam saying?

I'm not a leftist idiot. You just made that story up about watching it with your family and just directly posted the nigger actor instead.

>Carthage is in Africa
>Africans are black
>Hannibal was from Carthage
>Therefore Hannibal was black

ffs the mental gymnastics you whiteys do

dis nigga got it

das rite nigga aint no whitey can think usin dem logic and brains lmao I'm not kiddin u

>and go prep the bull
wtf are you talking about?

It doesn't mater what story OP mentioned (as if watching TV with your family is odd, you loser), it's about a historically inaccurate show

Yeah ti happened you retard, I don't see what's so weird about it, you fucking idiot.

whitey btfo

HOL UP

You are supposed to take it with a grain of fucking salt you utter moron.

It's AMERICAN HISTORY PANDERED FOR FAT CUNTS WHO LOVE CABLE

How can you think it is anything else? People don't like history, it's dry. People like the exaggerated events that appear on History channel, how i this new information to you?

There are MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY other places you can get your information from - again, you are an utter moron.

It huuurtsssss

SO U BE SAYIN

Also all the other actors are white/witheish.

I don't get it.

But where do you think most plebs get their information from? This is where popular misconceptions get started

I'm not "supposed" to take untruth in any way. Speak for yourself you conformist peasant.

This has litterally no bearing on me as I will ruin anyone who uses the history channel as their basis for their arguments.

If you aren't an ignorant retard you should be able to do the same.

dey be de slaves cuz bacc in de day niggas was de masters and whitey was de slave but dey don teach dat shit in skool u gotta learn de troof on ur own

You are delusional.
>I'm not "supposed" to take untruth in any way.
You are willingly eating shit and complaining that it tastes like shit.

>Speak for yourself you conformist peasant.
>implying I, unlike you, watch that shit
Speak for YOURSELF ignorant swine.

You can "ruin" anyone you like on the internet, autist boi, but the majority of people won't give a shit about your argument skills, and will keep on believing what they want

Thats right. It is the same as when one american state pit in a law the pi(3,14....) is not 3.14... but 6 something i do not remember exactly.
What i want to say: it is history and it needs to be presented with as accurate as could. You must not play with it...
The channel is called a fucking history channel. Fuck the USA fuck Sweden fuck political correctness

Keep shifting the context. You are still an idiot for even thinking about watching History channel seriously.

Absolutely hilarious.

Why is shit being served as food in the first place?

Why are you so interested in giving the history channel a free pass to portray falsehoods? You seem very passionate about this.

bcose we wuz only de kangz de rest dont matter nigga lmao

Because it's a pay to view TELEVISION CHANNEL, why are you so adament that everything your fat ass sees on tv has to be accurate? Pick up a text book you fat fuck.

Honestly cannot remember the last time I turend on the tv to 'learn' anything, are you actually serious right now? Actually kill yourself and end your defective genes.

Who said I watch History, plebeian? I'm merely commenting on the OP.

Because he is simple-minded.

Why does it bother you so much that people would prefer if the history channel actually portrayed history?

U BE SAYIN WE WUZ

I watch it because there's nothing in tv and since I like historical reconstructions I decided to watch it anyway.

>keep shifting the context
I'm not shifting anything, autismo, and I'm not even OP, nor do I watch the History Channel. I was pointing out that the majority of population will get a wrong conception of historical events, and you reply
>heh, I'll just wreck them with my sword of pure reason, m'lady
which won't do you shit in real life, because most people don't care about these stuff

Why the fuck are you arguing for this shit if you don't even wtch said shit? No one has said it's a good state, it's shit as outlined, but you are kidding yourself if you think it's any other way.

Honestly cannot believe this place, they want to argue such a broad subject such as history but then they turn to wiki's and televesion shows/movies to garner their knowledge.

Kill yourself. I don't even care anymore, I am probably going to kill myself too.

I'd like to believe that but I think it's more more likely that he's deliberately trying to silence this discussion because he's sympathetic to the cultural/political ramifications of black-washing history.

Bashir is the only person who should play Hannibal

Forgot pic

Because most people get their info from tv you tard, therefore they will believe Hannibal was black

Fuck me

>which won't do you shit in real life, because most people don't care about these stuff
How does this even fucking make sense.

Obviously if I am arguing with someone who is using the history channel they will care about the subject since they are arguing, are you serious right now?

YOu can take it anyway you want, but anyone with actual knowledge who has spent time studying a subject will actually beat anyone in an argument who uses history channel as their argument.

This is the point, I don't care if people watch history channel, they are idiots. Like yourself, like OP.

I am not an idiot, project all you want. I don't even know why you repled.

And this effects you how? Get over yourself you pompous asshole.

He's obviously a shill. Only a shill would have a problem with someone calling a spade a spade when they see one and go out on a rampage insulting everyone. He looks like a sad person.

Black supremacism is en vogue at the moment (cop killings, wewuzism etc...) and the last thing we need is more fuel on the fire about how "whitey was hidin our tru history we wuz Carthage an shiet."

Dumb fucking retard, here's a hypothetical
>thanksgiving dinner with family
>aunt/cousin/whatever pops up
>hey I recently saw a historical documentary did you know Rome's greatest opponent was black
What are you gonna say now sperg? Will you destroy them with your "cold stone reason"? Will you pull up your phone to search for all claims that Hannibal wasn't black? Or do you just let it slide like a normal person, and the misconception spreads.
>This is the point, I don't care if people watch history channel, they are idiots. Like yourself, like OP.
Oh, nice rebound, an extra plate of tendies for you I am thinking
>I am not an idiot
Sure thing
>how does it effect you that people have a misconception of history
I don't know man, why don't we let people believe Atlantis existed, what's it to you?

This is so obvious. And people like him who should know better are giving the media and entertainment industry a freepass to make shit it.

>You're not supposed to question what the overlords are telling the masses! It's not of your business!!

I bet he thinks that too many Disney princesses are white though...

>What are you gonna say now sperg? Will you destroy them with your "cold stone reason"? Will you pull up your phone to search for all claims that Hannibal wasn't black? Or do you just let it slide like a normal person, and the misconception spreads.
Holy shit you're a retard. Can you really, really not imgaine a scenario where you are correcting ignorance INSIDE your own family? Holy shit, how is that even a question? Are you incapable of correcting someone who you know to be wrong? The fuck?
>You know the history channel isn't historically accurate, Auntie.
Fucking done and dusted Autismo. It's not even that big a fucking deal I wouldn't even care.

>I don't know man, why don't we let people believe Atlantis existed, what's it to you?
Literally nothing. What's it to you? But some fedora tipping pompous ideology?

I love how you didn't even touch on anything I have said just an idiotic reply by an idiotic poster. Feel free to stop.

This is all connected to a unrealistic portrayal of Hannibal, yes. Which featureds on a channel which is known for it's idiocracy and inaccuracies.

This is relevent, yes.

Lies are lies and should be exposed as such.

>lmao get over d00d xD

Just stop.

I think it's you that's the retard, because you're missing the point I was making. I was saying that most people don't care about this shit, only as a tidbit of trivia, and so won't give a shit if you correct them and will ignore you and keep on believing it, hence the misconception spreads.
>Literally nothing. What's it to you? But some fedora tipping pompous ideology?
>lol who cares if misinformation is spread
This is you. You are literally advocating ignorance.

>/pol/ wouldn't be complaining if the actor was any random flavor of european or even a slav

You guys aren't even racist. You're worse. You actually care more about color than race.

>it's a doctor bashir in the holosuite episode

Ancient Phoenician science. True meaning of the word Koran revealed:

Knowledge
Order
Rhythm
Astrology
Nature

Whitey don't kno dat. Arabs don't know dat. Jews don't know dat. Mayo mutants BTFO!

>a history board complaining about historical inaccuracies
>MUST BE POL'S FAULT

Is pol responsible for your premature balding too?

>I was saying that most people don't care about this shit, only as a tidbit of trivia, and so won't give a shit if you correct them and will ignore you and keep on believing it, hence the misconception spreads.
YOU are missunderstanding MY point. I know exactly what you are saying. WHat I am saying is that what does it matter, to you? Literally nothing. You are a pompous cunt who takes pleasure in showing people how they are ignorant and I can tell you tpeople hate THAT.

People care about being wrong, but they would rather be told they are wrong in the right manner (something which you know nothing about).

>You are literally advocating ignorance.
Ignorance is bliss, you expect 100% of the population to aquire and understand 100% of it's knowledge? Kill yourself. Some people are too busy worrying about their lives to care about wheter or not Hannibal was black or not.

Fucking idiot.

I don't recall seeing a single Vikings thread where anyone was complaining about the actors not actually being descended from vikings.

>I
>Self
>Law
>Am
>Master
Ancient Egyptians and Phoenicians all spoke English!

Whitey stole dat to!

They wouldn't be complaining, but this is one of the few times they have a point.

There is an effort to put black actors in roles that portray people who weren't black.

I mean, really, Hannibal wasn't a native african person, so to write

All the actors in the Viking show are ethnically Northern European so it isn't inaccurate...

It's true that Carthaginians weren't exactly negro black, but they were dark. The Berbers are pretty much the Carthaginians. They now vary from light skinned and even blonde hair to black African due to periods of racial pollution and "diversity" over the centuries, but for the most part they have tan skin and aren't black.

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I don't give a shit about correcting people, but I do give a shit that people don't need to be corrected in the first place
>manner (something which you know nothing about).
And you would, I assume, by the way you convinced me by calling me an idiot
>Ignorance is bliss
Literally a meme, I don't get how people are blissful because they think Hannibal was a nigger
>Some people are too busy worrying about their lives to care about wheter or not Hannibal was black or not.
>a minority of people are living on the edge
>therefore the entire population should be taught wrongly
The fuck is it with this non-sequitur?
I am talking about the people that are already living enough comfortably that they would be watching TV, the hell's a person living in a ghetto doing watching the history channel?

In summary
>OP complains about useless race bending
>you explode in autistic rage

>tfw you will never be in Bashir's James Bond program
>tfw you will never shoot down ME109s over London with Bashir and O'Brien
>tfw you will never defend Ireland from Vikings with them
jdimfsa

The entire show is a joke OP.

They claim Scipio is Hannibals main enemy from the very start in Spain, they also claim he was his rival general at Cannae. Scipio was a teenager for most of the time and wasn't even at Cannae.
Their representation of Cannae is totally wrong as well and misses half the facts about like the weak center, cavalry battle etc. It just claims Hannibal (who is fighting in the front like with a two headed fantasy axe) was a genius because he got his cavalry to attack them in the rear, something surely never ever thought of before.

They are all filthy mongrels, actually...
They have no point. Yeah people are using black actors to portray people who weren't black? Literally every race has done this and still has done this recently.
Blackface is a thing that existed
Japan use japanese in what is supposed to be european settings all the time.
China probably does it too, with all the knockoffs they shit out.

Not as obvious and annoying as seeing someone of a completely different RACE portraying a historical figure.

Racebending fictional characters? A-OK, it's a fictional setting and all that.
But racebending historical characters, in what is supposed to be a fucking documentary?

WROOOOOOOOOOOONG

> but they were dark
Original Libyans and Phoenicians were about as light as Italians or Spanish or Greeks. Basically pale with dark eyebrows and hair.

>The Berbers are pretty much the Carthaginians
No, Carthaginians are Phoenicians from the Levant, Berbers are the ancient Libyans except modern Berbers are not the same.

They are darker now because of mixture with black africans. Why now and not in antiquity? Because the Camel was not introduced to north Africa until well after Hannibal, the camel with turned the impassible Sahara into a passable and profitable trade route, uniting black Africans and Libyans and resulting in much mixture.

Due to migration no one alive is the same nationality as anyone 500+ years ago.

You put a lot of emphasis on race but think race ends at being european and pale skinned. Hypocrite "white" "nationalists".
>But racebending historical characters, in what is supposed to be a fucking documentary?
>thinking being a documentary means ANYTHING
History channel literally had a documentary on dragons. Let that sink in.

The closest to Carthaginians today are the Lebanese and to a lesser extent Tunisians. Remember that Carthage was a colony, the ruling class wasn't even from Africa.
The Numidians were closer today's Berbers.

Regardless of their specific genetic admixture their phenotypes read Northern European so it isn't misleading in the same way that having an actor of an entirely different phenotype portray a historical person is.

>It's okay if it's inaccurate so long as it's not immediately noticeable.
>But obvious inaccuracy is going too far!
>It's supposed to be a documentary!
Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest.

They did Hannibal black because they have to fill their agenda quota of having at least one black character. Hannibal is the only one who even remotely makes sense because African = Black apparently.

What pisses me off though, is that the show is about outsiders attacking Rome. If they wanted to do black people, they could have done the Kushite invasion of Roman Egypt. This fills two quotas, not only were they actually black Africans, but their leader was a female queen, with massive balls. Her invasion was successful, they gained land from Rome, and forced Augustus into a peace treaty, but not before stealing his bronze Statue, the one of Augustus you see, this picture, it was found in the desert in Sudan.

But no, cool as fuck Ancient Egyptian themed Blacks led by a warrior Queen Pharaoh aren't even mentioned, but black Hannibal, sure!

I am done, I had a reply ready to send, then I realized what I was doing.

Lol do you have their 23andMe reports or something? Yes there is a difference between overt inaccuracies and ones that require a DNA test to verify...

>documentary vs series
>vaguely the same heritage vs not same heritage at all

So you're fine with inaccuracies so long as it doesn't hurt your feelings.
You sound an awful lot like those sjws right now

>Screenshotting the entire screen instead of just your post
Absolute madman

>Most Visited
>Getting started
Get your shit together

>Watches the history channel
>Complains about it

This is just bait at this point but what the heck.

Historical accuracy is a spectrum in the sense that portraying Roman soldiers wearing lorica segmentata during the Republic while being inaccurate is not as inaccurate as portraying them in Samurai armor. In the same way, using actors who look Northern European to play Vikings but who may have some non Northern European DNA may be inaccurate but it is not nearly as inaccurate as having an actor who looks Sub Saharan African play a Semitic general.

Seeing as how the only blacks who were in the region were Tauregs(who are tribal, not urban, and blacker than coal) and slaves and he came from a noble Carthaginian family, it's a pretty huge stretch. It would be like putting a random blue eyed, blonde haired white guy as a Bedouin prince.