Ask a 23 year old making a little over $10k per month anything...

Ask a 23 year old making a little over $10k per month anything. I own my own business and I'm not involved in any scams like retail arbitrage or blog ad spam.

Other urls found in this thread:

pinchofyum.com/category/making-money-from-a-food-blog
whydoesitsuck.com/why-does-php-suck/
djangoproject.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do you do and how you do it

Type of business?
Initial capital?

How are you finding clients willing to pay a premium for blow jobs? Or are you just subcontracting out?

I own a few separate web projects. All based on sales, zero ads. Nothing on mobile yet.

Started with a few hundred for hosting and domain expenses. I did everything myself at the start.

So you are web designer?

In a sense. I don't have clients I only work on projects I own and operate myself. Not enough money in freelancing and I'd rather have no ceiling on money I can make.

How you started? What do you sell? How much time did it take you to make like 1K a month? How many hours a day at the beginning and how many hours a day now?

I started by working for someone in the industry I was targeting then I branched off into my own thing.

I sell entirely digital items/virtual goods. Not ebooks or any of that nonsense either.

I was making 1k a month very quickly. Probably within 2 months.

At the beginning maybe 5 hours a day. Now I'll do 2 or 3 hours a day. I work in bursts and I'm very productive during those hours.

are the digital items video game related?

Yes I'm primarily in gaming. Looking to enter other industries too.

Props to you OP.
I am 19 at the moment and started my own thing too in April and pull in around 450euro/month.
Good luck for the future!

Nice start. Most of my customers are Euro. What industry?

How is retail arbitrage a scam

It's not worse than ebooks or blog spam, but it's such a mindless way to make money.

How often and im serius btw, how often do you jerk off. Because i feel its the only thing holding me back

Mobile apps and ads.
Won't say the specific niche but it's also not what I want to do because I hate user interaction. I will use the money to start another buisness.

Once a day. More often if I've been to the gym.

how is retail arbitrage different than any other kind of arbitrage? buy low sell high motherfucker

OP you're selling game skins or some shit? Someone did a thread about this before.

Also, how are you marketing your site? How many chargebacks do you get? Are you using Paypal?

No I operate my own games.

You code them from scratch or reskin someone else's?

Email marketing is king. Some targeted FB and Google advertising. I accept PayPal and credit cards. Very low chargebacks, and my reputation with PayPal is so good I've won 90% of disputes and about 50% of chargebacks.

>Email marketing is king.

But you have to build a list first, unless someone helped you there?

From scratch. I'm a programmer mostly. I can do a bit of design work but it's not my forte.

Yeah, I have a huge list at this point. From customers and users. It's about 40k emails.

Monetized with in app purchases then most likely?

Ok, same as me, so its not that. I guess you're just more disciplined than me. So do you code all your projects, are you full stack? If so what languages/frameworks are best? I had some initial success with adsense but gave it up. Is there any advice you could give, im only looking to make 1k a month which makes for acomfy living in my country

How did you get the traffic to build that list is what I am asking. Were you in the press or something?

Yeah, but it's a website not an app.

Full stack yeah. I'm a PHP guy. Currently using Laravel and Angular. Those speed up development massively. Learn them. Codecademy is good.

Word of mouth initially and free advertising sources such as top lists.

How much are you making after taxes?

Probably $70k after taxes and business expenses.

What advice/guidance would you give a 17 year old to get where you are today?

I want to do a food blog and day trade for a living.
Look at how much these people started making after 8 months.
Thoughts?
>pinchofyum.com/category/making-money-from-a-food-blog
If you don't follow the link it was 1k after 8 months, 2.4k after 9.
Now they make like 60k a month b4 expenses.

That's cool as fuck they're so transparent about it.

Learn how to code right now. Use Codecademy and learn yourself. Buy some business books and learn some basic business skills. Read a lot.

Not bad, ads aren't my game though.

>ads
you are still an employee for Google, though.
With the amount of traffic you could make much more money yourself, because at the moment you are making money for Google.

>how often do you jerk off
>i feel its the only thing holding me back
the fuck am I reading lmao

You're wrong. Couldn't hurt to give it a rest though.

>this is what robots actually believe

literally impossible unless you spend the majority of your time jerking off.

why do you lie on internet

? What do I have to gain? If I was lying I would've told you a lot more than what I make.

thanks op. I'm currently learning Java to start developing Android apps. I'm also reading some business books in my free time.

>implying 10k a month isn't an insane amount for a 23 year old

nice OP. i am 21 and i also earn around the same amout as you per month, from social media marketing.

its good, but i want to be more like you where i have my own products that i can sell..

I have no idea what you could be referring to. Can you be more specific?

I make a net profit of $1.7k p.m from a startup of $150

Hey OP !

Im 23 and do the exact same thing, virtual goods with my own free wordpress websites, netting 2-3k a month and started two months ago.

My automated transaction software saves emails but iv only gotten maybe 300-400 so far and I haven't used them for anything. I could really use help on the email campaign and am willing to pay for some advice or help.

Could you please add me to Skype or steam or any platform for that matter.

Kudos to you on the great success btw.

any recommended business books?
also im working on learning unreal engine and creating some quality games with it and maybe get recognized by some companies and getting a job that way, do u think this is a good path?

what is the best evolution of eevee

I was making that working a regular job at that age. It's really good money tho

>calls retail arbitrage scam

what the shit?

>any recommended business books?

Those are meme books. Once you have an idea, read up on the subject.

Props OP

I've made 4k$ in the last 30 days on Youtube and I'm looking to expand my enterprising abilities over the next year (self employed for the next 13 months)

Any advice? I'm going to write a book about becoming a successful youtuber but I want to get into perhaps affiliate marketing and maybe other things

What are you you tubing about? How many views/subs to get to 4k?

Bit of a noob here. I learned a bit of Python/JS over 2 years ago, and I've forgotten most of it. For the purposes of web development only, what are the best languages to learn (preferably offered by CodeAcademy)?

Java

What about HTML/CSS?

Also why Java, and not JS?

pls reponsd

For Web Development, learn html, css, es6 (javascript), and php (easy, quick to write apps in, not necessarily a language that will earn you a lot of money though)

>expecting real answers in a roleplaying thread

>pretending everyones lying to protect your fragile ego

>Pretending a dangerous den of hackers aren't master programmers.

Don't listen to that guy. Learn HTML/CSS and Javascript if you REALLY want to get into website building. Java is for actual software, javascript is for websites. I've done it and almost never use it. It's just so much easier and better to build your site on a website builder like square space or to just to use wordpress.

Ok, so Java is going to be your server side development language.

You need to know Javascript as well as a Javascript framework.

PHP is probably quicker to pick up than Java, but Java is a more marketable skill and is better for a large scale web application.

You also need to have some way to persist your data, so that could be either an RDBMS or a NoSQL database.

Here is a great stack that I am using now on a project I am working on. I have 5 developers working on my team and a BA. One reason it's so great is because everyone learns a bit about these in school, so hiring new people is a lot easier than with something like Ruby on Rails which less people are familiar with.

Database: MySQL (easy to deploy to Amazon RDS)
ORM: Hibernate
Indexing: Hibernate Search
Back end: Java Spring
Security: Spring Security (don't worry about XSRF stuff at first)
Social Integration: Spring Social
Logging: I use log4j but it's deprecated
Json Serializer: Jackson
Server side validation: Spring Validator
Testing: JUnit

Then for front end, I have someone else I put in charge of that, I just told them to use AngularJS 1.X and Bootstrap for styling.

Then to deploy, you can just host on Amazon AWS.

For code management, using git and hosting on GitHub is pretty simple.

If you want build automation, Jenkins is probably the way to go.

He said web development.

So to answer your question, if you want to get serious about this I would learn SQL/Java/Javascript/HTML/CSS

Like I said though, if you don't want to get super in depth with learning basic discrete math and the concepts of object oriented programming, you'll be faster starting off with copy pasting peoples' PHP scripts and using JQuery (Javascript) for front end stuff.

Yeah I have to agree that Java would be good for now enterprise level application using spring and tomcat, but for getting started, php will get you up and running way quicker

How do you monetize/ what affiliates do you use?

Yeah, I agree. I don't like PHP for a number of reasons, the main being I had to work on a terrible project that used Laravel several years ago, the guy running it was a jackass, and nobody knew what the hell was going on.

whydoesitsuck.com/why-does-php-suck/

That being said, if you don't want to start working out of a template Spring Boot project, it's probably your only other choice.

If you like Python, something cool to checkout is
djangoproject.com/

Never used it. I don't know much about it either, but I was told that it negates the need to know how to properly design a database (no idea if that is true or not).

>I want to do

Just bloody start doing it you little piece of shit.

Haha there are tons of reason PHP is awful but Laravel is sadly the only good thing about it. The guy running Laravel is a bit of a Jackass though.

NodeJs might be a good alternative since you should learn Javascript anyway. But it's only marginally better than PHP

I completely forgot about NodeJs.

One thing people don't realize though, is that while Javascript gets the reputation for being so simple because you can copy paste scripts, it's actually a much more complicated language than a typical strongly typed, object oriented language like Java or C#.

NodeJS can be really cool for certain use cases, but for some it just falls flat. It's great for applications that just make a ton of calls to some remote resource and wait for the reply.

The more I think about it, I'd probably recommend PHP because he can just copy paste stuff from the internet and modify it to work. If he's going to become a fully fledged web developer, then learning a new language isn't very difficult because he will be familiar with all the underlying concepts.

yeah the guy's got plenty of options. I don't think any of them would be a complete flop due solely because of the language choice.

Is this CSGO Lotto?

Oh look another one of those threads where OP claims to make a ton of money and then gives vague answers to everyhing

Just tell us you bastard

Of course I'm completely biased, but I don't think that's a lot of money at all. I do not consider myself rich. I pump a lot of cash back into the business.

I feel a lot better knowing I'm selling an honest product to a real person.

I run games.

I don't have much time to do one on one help but if you ask specific questions here I can assist.

Zero to One by Peter Thiel is pretty good. That's not a bad way to enter the industry. I'd try to make an indie game by yourself first so you have better standing. They will value that knowledge.

If you have no product yourself then it's not really a business. You're a cog in a machine relying on other businesses to stay afloat. If your business relies solely on a single point of failure then it can be ruined overnight. It's not real.

How is your fan base? Consider reviewing cool products from Amazon and then including an affiliate link in the description. Make sure you disclose that it's an affiliate link because FTC regulations require that.

JavaScript JavaScript JavaScript. I myself work with PHP+Laravel and Angular. You should learn Angular while you learn HTML.

Dude. I have no reason to lie. I'm just here out of boredom. There is 0 incentive for me to lie to you.

Direct sales. PayPal and direct CC payments. No ads and no affiliate sales.

The circle jerk that PHP sucks has some merit however PHP is an extremely powerful and adaptable language. Also PHP7 is actually great. Laravel helps a lot too. PHP is also great for beginners. Best docs in the biz.

No. I'm not a scam artist.

I'll post some proof once I'm at my PC.

Think Zynga/King but on a smaller scale.

I'm 22 and just starting University, and it's pretty disheartening to know people my age legitimately earn this much

Have a feeling OP makes copies of games, like

Agar.io

or Slither.io

Or worse, Flappy Snek

What kind of business books do you recommend?

From an early age I knew I didn't want to be an employee and I was learning how to code from the age of 9. Dropped out of university twice because I found the culture to be quite bad and not conducive to my method of learning.

Nearly every game is a copy of another game. That said, I don't rip off whole concepts like that.

I like business books written by people who are already successful. Zero to One by Peter Thiel is a must read. Art of the Deal by Donald Trump is pretty good. Also read Art of War, it has a lot of business parallels. Also consider reading some basic books on psychology. Sales is just psychology. Read read read. The more you read the better.

Here's some proof. Business + valued customer status on PayPal. They don't give you priority support unless you do a certain volume with them.

Ok, does your business require any level of continuing investment to keep making your 10k a month? If so, you need to deduct that from how much you are "making".

I used laravel probably 2-3 years ago and the docs were laughably bad. PHP.net isn't great either. I'll avoid debating the finer technical details, because I doubt you or anyone else here really cares.

Your business doesn't rely on other businesses to stay afloat? Get real dude, all businesses rely on other businesses.

Why don't you just link the games?

>Ok, does your business require any level of continuing investment to keep making your 10k a month? If so, you need to deduct that from how much you are "making".
Expenses are extremely low. Sub $500pm. Almost no marketing expenses.

>I used laravel probably 2-3 years ago and the docs were laughably bad.
I don't know what you're talking about they seem fine to me, although I've only learned it recently. My core sites are built in PHP though, no Laravel or Angular (yet).

>Your business doesn't rely on other businesses to stay afloat?
You misunderstood me completely. You're playing in someone else's park when you do that. In my case, I built my park myself.

Because I don't want anyone on them to know how much income they make.

>I don't know what you're talking about they seem fine to me, although I've only learned it recently. My core sites are built in PHP though, no Laravel or Angular (yet).

If you've only learned it recently, why do you say they are the "best in the biz"?

>You misunderstood me completely. You're playing in someone else's park when you do that. In my case, I built my park myself.

No, I didn't. You're still relying on other businesses (payment processors, I assume you're in some app store). Retail arbitrage still provides some level of value as a service. You didn't "build the park yourself" is some way that doesn't apply to retail arbitrage. I think retail arbitrage probably isn't a good way to make money, but you have no right to look down your nose on people doing it.

>Because I don't want anyone on them to know how much income they make.
Why? If they like the game, they should be happy it is a success.

Either write a guide/helpful tips sheet or fuck off dude. If you're happy with how you're doing in life, you shouldn't need the recognition of some image board.

You claim to come here and want to help people, but you and I both know you just wanted to be satisfied with posts like: "I'm in destitute poverty, you are so awesome, how did you do it?" which you could respond to with "You just gotta work hard. I found out early in life I didn't want to be a faggot like you and that was my drive to succeed. Here are some generic business books that are literally on everyone ever's top 10 list."

Either stop blowing hot air here or fuck off dude. And before you call me butthurt, I'm a year older than you and making considerably more than you.

My guess is: Just like me you realized once your making six figures you still don't have enough to buy a lambo and shit to get recognition for your success, but instead of "oh well", you think "I might as well go to the place that has the highest concentration of poor mother fuckers, where by contrast I will be wildly successful"

you guys suck at roleplaying

i'm going back to /x/ at least they try to make it believable

I believe this guy, it's not hard to believe at all

>If you've only learned it recently, why do you say they are the "best in the biz"?
I said the docs are the best in the biz.

>If you're happy with how you're doing in life, you shouldn't need the recognition of some image board.
I don't want anyone's recognition. I'm not here to inflate my ego.

>I'm a year older than you and making considerably more than you.
As I've said numerous times, I do not care. I'm not here to compare income size.

>Just like me you realized once your making six figures you still don't have enough to buy a lambo and shit to get recognition for your success
I do not want recognition. I never brag about my income to family or friends. They know I'm well off and I run a business, that's it. My ego is not determinate on how much recognition I get for earning a certain amount of money. You're doing a lot of projecting. You overestimate how much I care.

I only care if I'm doing well by my own standards.

Also, I drive a $7,000 used car and my rent is under 10% of my income. Showing off doesn't interest me. Growing my business does. You don't get rich by dick waving.

My guess is you're involved in some kind of scammy shady operation like social media marketing/affiliate marketing and you're mad because I said if you have no product you're not a business. Project less and focus on something productive rather than attacking someone in a forum because they're helping people. Or make your own post.

>Showing off doesn't interest me

and yet here you are roleplaying on a pakistani goat-milking forum

2015 tax return. Significant business growth this financial year to approx $130k.

(You)
>I don't have much time to do one on one help but if you ask specific questions here I can assist.

Do you use a template for your email campaign? If so where did you get it.

Also for the email campaign do you do direct sales or affiliate stuff?

The games have user accounts so they're just emails focused on user retention and luring old players back. The sales are made in game.

As for templates, I recommend Mailchimp or SendGrid. Both have free templates for you to use and you can just sign up and grab templates to use from them and never actually use their service, although I do recommend using an email delivery service because you'll have better open rates.

good job you can use inspect element

name and link to your games or fuck off