/xcg/ - XCOM General

FUTBOL Edition

Previous Mission: News:

1)
Alien Hunters DLC has been released on PC alongside a large patch, notably including various MP fixes. It's finally released on Mac as well.
>xcom.com/news/en-dangerous-ruler-aliens-await-in-xcom-2s-alien-hunters-dlc

2)
user dug up some Shen's Last Gift SDK assets, MECs are confirmed along with a bunch of other leaks:
>imgur.com/a/Z5aWQ

3)
Long War Studios are working on five more mods for XCOM2.
>xcom.com/news/en-long-war-studios-creating-more-xcom-2-mods

4)
Julian Gollop is still working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

NEW STEAM COLLECTION, contains all Workshop-mods from the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689085703

MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains all 180 or so mods from the new modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

/xcg/'s Image Library:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Thread Theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/391680
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for remove ayys

>Gets it

NO AYYS!

For every alien we kill there are always ten more waiting to finish the job. This war is pointless, it's all fucked.

Its a fight worth fighting friend

>fucked up activation
>shit fuck
>what do I do
>oh god let's try this
>it works perfectly and the mission is flawless

nice

Nice

thanks

>Dragunov gun mod released

WE ARE IN THE BLACK!

Papal-themed Alien-killing mod called ExComm when

Thats a pretty metal concept bruh

GothCom
Habemus alienis
I have no cluse how extraterretrial or alien should translate, but i think alien is already a latin word

>The term "alien" is derived from the Latin alienus, meaning stranger, foreign, etym. "belonging (somewhere) else".

Seems legit

Looks like the Run as Admin sign for Windows

Been a while i left the latin classes
Thanks for confirming (even if i think the declination of the word isn't correct, but fuck it)

No
ExComm
Excommunicate, that post was made for the sole purpose of making a shitty pun

I always had an idea for a low fantasy mod that would transition into high science fantasy as the game progressed. Never really got past just having a couple half-cocked ideas for it, though.

>AC
>30 retarded looking hats
>ONE (1) new plated armor chest and legs
>ONE
>didn't even bother to make one for arms at all

why lads
why

It was a five dollar DLC and better than 90% of most of the cosmetic stuff released for other game, why the drama around it? I really don't get it

>better than 90% of most of the cosmetic stuff released for other game
what other game? you sound russian

well they've got to shitpost about something

>missed an 80% shot
>missed another 69% shot
>critted out of low cover(understandable)
>critted out of high cover
>missed a 90% capture
All in one turn. Pure fucking bullshit. 2 guys out and no captures. what's the worst run of bad luck you guys ever had?

It was a typo, you know that

what other game though

Cyclops eye mod when

Also, the first day of the month is a cyclops day

Eggs Combat: European Union

What mod is that mission from?

what game
you said AC content looks better than 90% of the stuff released for another game, what game

or did you just make that up

>x-com terror mission on the first month
>immediate los on two cyberdiscs
>no laser weapons
>prime the HE
>toss
>Doesn't clear the skyranger
>All 8/14 squaddies instantly dead
>Remaining 4 panic and run out of skyranger
>everyone dies, the end
If you though rocket scatter was fun, you haven't experienced throw scatter. Sometimes switching back and forth between xcom games can be fatal.

Are you retarded? He said other game was a typo, he meant other games

Whats the worst run of bad luck I ever had?

I got a lobsterman cruise ship mission on the second month.

for other GAMES?
oh man I didn't assume he was THAT wrong

Every once in a while I get this idea I should go play vanilla tftd but then I remind myself why that's a stupid idea.

It's from additional mission types, heavily modded though

When you stop being a prancing lala homo man

I lost my best unit today. I have never cried to hard over something like this... Man, fuck the ayy's.

I need a hug.

Name 5$ at release DLC's that are better

Death to ayys!

EXALT
X
A
L
T

Put that shit on the workshop nigga

I don't want to talk about the monetary value of Alien Hunters. Like, do we have to? Because, we could just not do that.

Or maybe we should just compile a copy pasta response so we don't have to trot this out every time.

Sorry for your loss have an xcom death machine to soothe you

ok
store.steampowered.com/app/391680

I don't participate but it seems to me the problem is we've got people bitching that are so ridiculously vocal. It's not a bad thing to dislike it, but can you not make it your goal in life to convince the entirety of /xcg/ that it's the worst thing to happen in world history? It gets so tiring it's insane

Every sentence you wrote had a hyperbole, great job.

Are you serious right now or just pulling my leg? This adds so much less customization options than AC, didn't it have like nearly 100?

Also, I asked in plural

Is the turn recovery mod any good, it seems kinda weird.

>checked because that sounds retarded
>This rebellion-themed content pack introduces more than 100 new exotic customizations
Huh.

Personalyy i think ayy ruler is decent. Fucking mad max rejects pack are pure shit though especially since mods are wayy better it's like they're mocking the effort.

>It wasn't even Alien Hunters
>It's still Anarchie's Children
I didn't even read the correct dlc everything is just blurring together.

>Teen Punk and the Mad Max Rejects DLC
>Mostly negative
>What I posted
>Overwhelmingly positive

Why the knee-jerk shilling? Garbage is still garbage, I don't care about the quantity. I guess you must be right and everyone else must be wrong.

Another example would be all the Fallout New Vegas DLC expansions, which are 5 bucks each and add entirely new campaigns to the game.

I'm indifferent. There are some good pieces stashed away and the volume of stuff is great for what you have to pay.

SLG looks to be better than AC and AH though

None of the FNV ones were 5$ at release. I'm not arguing for AC being great - or even good - it's just that the ridiculous amounts of trash they get is unwarranted in my opinion since they give you your moneys worth

The clipping makes it look like their mask has eye brows

>Mad Max Rejects
PLEASE HAVE MY CHILDREN MADMAXREJECTSANON

You two are otp

Thank you user, I log onto my favourite general and see my husbando posting and then someone says we're made for each other. My day cannot get any better.

>it's just that the ridiculous amounts of trash they get is unwarranted in my opinion since they give you your moneys worth
The problem is that majority of the stuff that you pay for doesn't even look like it belongs in the game. I understand Jakes point of view about having one or two special snowflakes in the team just to mix it up. But when you design the entire DLC around that concept and then another one right afterwards when the content in the base game was already lacking, that's a pretty damn big let down for most players and the reception has shown that.

>when the content in the base game was already lacking
How about no

Anyone who's hyped for fucking cosmetic DLC is cancerous anyway and responsible for how shit the games industry is.

Hahahaha

If you honestly believe cosmetics was a big issue for launch X2 I don't really know what to say.

Hahahahah

Dropped xcom2 after 150 hours of failing Legendary Ironman.

Time to come back and try it again or should I play another C/I with the new dlc enabled?

Dropped xcom2 after 15 hours of failing to play a mission without gamebreaking bugs and terrible performance

Time to come back and try it again or should I just play LW?

Specs?

>the clean, crisp aesthetics
>the bulky but restrained design of xcom
>the alien looking aliens
>the super solid and strict gameplay
>the tainted, hostile but calm smell of air after landing on the sparsely populated woodland wilderness of russia

why couldn't we get a proper sequel lads

I only dislike the new muton design and that the weapons don't feel as powerful and game deciding anymore.

Ok

What draws me the most out of X2 are the timers attached to every single thing you do, always on the clock and the game constantly holding your hand with voice lines nagging down your neck every time you try to do something.

I wouldn't judge that hard.

>PS2 helmets have been removed

Even if it was just TR I liked it. Here's to hoping it's not because of copyright shit.

I would

It got hit by an DMCA
I still have them on my PC though

daybreak games living up to their name

>trusting smeddy

But xcom2 looks better in every way.

No

Smed left, as did higgles

I'm with this guy

God I miss the rocket launcher.

I miss so much of EU, hopefully that guy who did the armours does some of the weapons too.

detail wise, absolutely but design wise hell no.
2 is actually a step back in quite a few places.

>KRITISCH!
Yeah I imagine that's what it sounds like to be punched by an Andromedoeadeoeon

I have to agree that the new muton's design is horseshit.

>Back then
Murdering 400 lbs psychopath

>Now
Literally a trained humanoid pig with bane's mask

The muton is the one bad ayy design in the game though and thats because they tried to make it more human to fit the lore.

first run in with mutons in EU/EW is always terrifying as fuck

in X2 it's just... whatever

>Start mission
>Hear mutons groan somewhere

>it's a UFO site
>you're still on ballistics
heh

>you only brought rookies to trian them up

>archer voicepack

oh boy

>when the terror hits before beams

I agree

The only permission he needs is justice.

X2 just doesn't get the atmosphere right.

ok