/wtg/ - War Thunder General

When? Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Teamspeak address you can use
ts.gonnahate.org

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/videos/war-thunder-authentic-2a18d-30#imagebox
abc7chicago.com/news/8-dead-at-least-57-shot-in-memorial-day-weekend-shootings/1363606/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Triahx masturbates to anal vore

oh shit waddup

third for memes

Okay, again.

What the fuck do they mean by 'assaulter' knowing that there's no planes labeled as assaulter?

any other good soundmods?

moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/videos/war-thunder-authentic-2a18d-30#imagebox

Attacker, perhaps

Attackers are assfalters.

>waaah, t-34s are too OP
>they bounce every shot and are impenetrable and are the best tanks in the game and its russian bias
>what's that? A German captured T-34?
>We don't want that, T-34s suck
>Maybe if you added a bunch of schurzen and an 88 mm gun, otherwise it's useless
>German engineering would have made it better

Jesus Christ, wehraboos.

>what could've been

Who are you quoting?

Why should they have build something based on the t80 when they had already decided to phase them put?

I'm totally going to buy that German T-34. I did give a shit.

I thought the devs killed this game?

>implying the performance of the T-34 in game is in any way representative of reality

They're certainly trying.

>load stealth in my K-4s 13mms so I can learn to aim the 30mm
>still tracers
This fucking game

is it even worth reinstalling at this point? I had a bit of fun flying around in realistic I think it was called
even though my aim wasn't the best

probably still hoped MoD will give more tech advanced design a chance.
Instead MoD went from one cost-saving design (T-90) to another cost-saving design (T-14). Russia just don't have money to keep throwing on problems until they fix themself.

>LVT devblog

Best new vehicle of the patch

wait, are you telling me I can't penetrate T-34-85 glacis at 1200m+ with either 7.5cm KwK 40 or 76mm M1A1? Surely you must be kidding, devs would never allow such historical inaccuracy to slip in!

Where does that chart take into account chance to ricochet?

WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE MK103S ON THE HORTEN
YOU CAN'T HIT SHIT EVEN SEMI-AUTO

))))))))))))))

>Americans get a 1944 reserve

>The Mk103s now have more spread spaded than they did stock previously
Fucking christ Gaijin I'd have rather had you remove the plane entirely than neuter it this badly

Teebs on suicide watch

Worst part is, this was clearly a retaltiation move because the Horton was too good at destroying Slav bunkers because of how close the crew sits.

The Mk103 on the R6 and the B2 were unaffected

>chance
if it ricochets it's failed penetration.
Effective range is range at which chance for penetration is same as chance to failing to penetrate for whatever reason, be it armor thickness, angling, or inconsistent quality of ammunition.

For example there's special note on 88mm APCR, because it's not real PzGr.40/43 but PzGr.39/43, with APHE replaced by HVAP penetrator from M304, and filled with APCR load.

Not sure where they got that info, but the LVT's from 1942.

Maybe deployed in Europe 1944.

Junko you're a piece of shit stealing my kill like that just now.

Wow that was fucking dumb

>it ricochet's if it fails penetration

No, you're confusing to different phenomenon. A shell can ricochet without penetrating, or it can penetrate part of the way and simply fail to penetrate completely because it doesn't go far enough, either due to lack of kinetic energy, effective thickness due to sloping, etc.

>St. Gloriana are the only school that beat Ooarai
>Centurion Mk I has the characteristics of a third generation MBT

GuP is teeb anime desu.

I can practically hear Jingles exclaiming how brilliant this is.

What about this is random in reality?

to be all fair, it's infantry carrier with light tank turret strapped on it.
>M113 with 106mm M40 when?
>BMP-1 when?

>this is what weebs think is a good anime

11/10

Still raging.

his brain size

WADDUP BOI

Well if a shell hits a highly sloped piece of armor there's a random chance it could ricochet instead of digging in and penetrating. This is in addition to the random spread it gets when firing out of a gun. You can argue til the cows come home what you think the random chance should be, but it's certainly a thing.

Burgers on suicide watch.

Do you really think there exists a real phenomenon that makes shells bounce harmlessly off a 60 degree surface half the time, but allows them to easily penetrate the other half of the time?

What is this magic?

no its not. Theres no magic random generator saying if your shell ricochets or not or if your shot goes left this time.

Please stop posting your black magic explanations because you don't understand the physics behind anything.

for purpose of testing gun's effeciency it's failed penetration. If it fails to penetrate, it doesn't matter what caused it, unless purpose of test is to give feedback to people who design them.
how it works?
You take armor plates, and fire at them, adjusting distance, until you get consistent penetrations / failure ratio, you decided to be your standard. This is how you get "effective range" vs specific type of armor

... what was the plan here?

Show the Chaffee what real speed it

An honourable duel.

"random" is shortcut for many little factors, mostly quality of armor plate, shell or propellant, but also tons of other tiny factors. Games make them "random" because there's no way in hell to simulate them properly.

In WW2 it was normal for some shells to be able to penetrate 20% more armor than other shells during tests. Same shells, from same manufacturer, even same production batch. Effective penetration is always *average* of tested shells, which is why it's important to test many at once.

That kind of thing isn't conductive to gameplay, though.

Some people survive being shot 20 times in reality, but putting that in an FPS as a random possibility would be utterly retarded.

stop ruining my link to AGDG fags

>"a blank?"
So what do they actually shoot at each other then?

Yes, the Tanks have magic super armor that protects the crew compartment but i don't know how they survive all the crashes

Proper shells.
The tanks are carbon coated, so it's safe ))))))

>being bad
>not being good

2D girls are very soft and squishy

Is the F Mk. IX the most UFO of the spits? I feel like it might be.

How do i deal with wanting to re download warthunder only to get mad at after a few matches each time..

Fly Slavs or Brits.

Drive Slav tanks.

Slav tanks are ugly as fuck though..

slav or German tanks desu

handheld nazibabbies claim the slav tree is better but the Germans have a better tier 4 and arguably the best tier 5 tank, not to mention a very competitive tier 3 and 2. The only tier they're not amazing in is 1 and even then they get great SPAA and the Panzerjäger I and soon they'll get a reserve pz iii that should also be pretty good.

what are the best german and/or slav tanks to go for?

Teeb have the best t5 tank, try again naziboo.

also slavshits upclass you at T2 and even Teebs too desu. The only good T2 naziboo is the F2 and then Tiger H1 is their start into clubbing.

Wait until you get the LF. Same UFOing but this time you'll always be above everything.

When is the game getting T-72s?

nip sabre will be fun.

T34 (all of them)
Dicker/nashorn
Tigger
Panther A
Su100
Jagdpanther

Panzerjäger I, Dicker Max, Tiger I, Tiger II, Panther D, Panther II, Leopard, Pz. IV F2/G, Panzer IV/70. These are all good tanks and there are some others I haven't mentioned that are still good.

I said arguably. I'd argue the speed of the Leo is sometimes useful to have. Both the Leo and Chieftain are damn good tanks though

I'd agree overall about tier 2 though I was thinking of the f2 and forgot that's all there is

It's mostly my experience with fighting them. I'm not really the best pilot, but I feel like with an altitude and speed advantage a 109f4 shouldn't have too much of a problem, but it seems like the spit can just always maneuver out of my dive regardless of its energy state, and can helicopter right up to fuck me as I'm separating.

Fly straight while seperating and just pull up when you're out of his gun range. Also mind your targets speed, alt isn't everything. The F-4 is amazing if flown right. You can often even turnfight spits with some clever combat flap usage.

The Horton doesn't deserve all the ridicule it gets.
Fuck the haters.

Also, would you consider this game unplayable without premium, cause i dont want to spend 40 years getting to tier 5

to get to tier 5 yes

If your goal is to reach tier V, it's kind of unplayable unless you have a premium or premium account

The grind is really slow but its not unplayable. You can also get golden eagles via ingame battlewagers as well as talismans to increase earnings

how do you even get ge wagers? ive gotten only one randomly so far after playing for weeks

LOL its actually one of the most accurately modeled Spitfires.

Use flaps and high speed manuvers, remember to manipulate throttle when appropriate, use stealth ammo belts, don't be afraid do spray mg's even a tiny hit on his wing will wreck his manuverability, don't use rolling scissors fly a 190 if you want to roll, and make sure to keep your speed up high but don't be afraid to turn if you have more speed your high speed manuverability is much better than his. Lastly, never NEVER take gunpods.

The F-4 is difficult to fly compared to the earlier Friedricks (which are overperforming in high speed manuverability), the G-2/trop stands more of a chance against a Mk. IX Spit.

>the G-2/trop stands more of a chance against a Mk. IX Spit
The G-2 can also fight the LF though. F-4 has much nicer MM imo.

What's the password for vg chat?

memes
I think

urafgt

bitch boys

LF MK IX is even better. Higher boost, which means more everything.

They changed it again. It's not memes anymore.

lohere probably got drunk again

what nation do you guys think the ucla shooter played? i think he was a slavshit.

UCLA shooter?
>googles
>goes over to /pol/

Ha! Another one!?
>be American
>get shot

Yeah, so if one of them were to get hit by one they would actualy die, in addition they also have live fire machine guns

I guess adult ''games'' are just actual war

>be american
>8 black people die in Chicago over the weekend
>no one cares
>2 liberals die in ucla
>DISS BE THE HOLOCAUST ALL OVER AGAIN BAN ALL ASSUALT GUNS. BIN THAT KNIFE.

>Be british
>Get beheaded in the street

It's probably Triahx.

How much of which rounds should I load on the M46 guys?

Maximum 60 rounds. 20 APCR, 20 HEATS and 20 APCBC.

some of you guys are alright, don't be americans tomorrow

Two thirds of whatever is most destructive and one third of whatever has the highest pen. Don't use APCR ever. Also clear the most vulnerable racks.
This shit ain't hard.

Post hard to use

post sources

impressive

did you really need a source on Chicago shootings?

abc7chicago.com/news/8-dead-at-least-57-shot-in-memorial-day-weekend-shootings/1363606/