/twg/ - Total War General

FOR SIGMAR edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

first for rollan

dogbert is pretty gut

Refreshing to see community guys who arent useless at the game

2nd for scale magic to unit sizes when

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE FIRST SPELL OF FIRST CATEGORY OF VAMPIRE LORE DOES?

Heals units.

Ad Astra was updated!

It's some passive nerd dealio that heals stuff around you whenever you cast a spell.

How do I remove chaos curruption as vamp cunts? I haven't found a way to do so yet please help

>what higher difficulty in total war warhammer should have been:
>remove save-scumming
>remove battle speed-slowdown and pause
>make AI scout for opposing armies so they can use counter-troops

>what higher difficulty in Total War Warhammer actually is
>lol troops are now magically stronger
>the entire world wages war on you
>even factions that should never ever be allies start to band together just to fuck you in the ass

They should have kept anit-save-scum and removal of battle-speed modifiers and made the AI slightly smarter in diplomatic behavior and army composition. Instead we get this shit where I have to exploit AI mechanics 24/7 which doesn't feel like I'm actually playing the game anymore.

>Mount & Blade: Warhammer coming soon
>Warhammer RPG by Obsidian coming soon

Ahh cheers

Inspired by Gobbos user, what's a fun gimmick campaign to do on VH?

More mook spearmen with t-shirts and shields.

I'm having Attila flashbacks.

Reminder that when you group your units and lock them into formation you can select the group, right click on an enemy in the enemy formation, and all of your dudes will attack move automatically, you don't have to order each one of your units to attack a single enemy unit. This makes it about 2000% easier because you can just stick your guys in an appropriate formation and charge them at the enemy and engage properly automatically.

>>Mount & Blade: Warhammer coming soon
>>Warhammer RPG by Obsidian coming soon
do you have any source to back that up?

Why would I want loads of my units attacking one enemy unit from the same direction.

Finish my dawi long campaign, or start a new faction? Done Empire already.

Your generals should have a trait that hints at them being able to resurrect or heal units after battle

You can probably come up with several as VC, because you have quite a few unit themes to chose from.

Chaos campaign with marauders, dire wolves, forsaken and chaos spawn, no chosen, no other monsters, you can take hellcanons.

I feel it in my heart.

I don't think you wanna come this way lad.

Necromancer aka Nightmare mode

Kemmler with skeletons and zombies only

Dwarfs, no ranged units.

It makes them all move in formation and automatically engage the units they run into, in other words, attack move. So instead of lining all your troops up and telling them all to individually attack the unit in front of them, you're essentially telling your entire army to attack their entire army. If you have 20 melee units in a line coming up against 20 melee units in a line, you have the entire army move forward and engage the enemy they come into contact with.

VC, beast units only.
Hard mode: VC, no undead units.

Do Iron Breakers count as ranged?

Going with this one. Kemmler, Necromancer lords, skellingtons and zambonis only. Wish me luck boiz

Do ghouls and crypt horrors count as undead?

No.

No. Neither does Fell Bats.

I had a quite fun stack with Kholek and only monsters. It was only one of my stacks though. Started quite rough with only dogs, became decent when I spammed forsaken (counted them as monsters) and chaos spawn, and was full steamroll-mode when I got giants and Dragon-ogres. The stack was less than 300 units at the end, and was slaughtering everything.

I like this.

I just discovered this also, saves a lot of time.

How the hell does autoresolve favour the ai for battles that are easy stomps?

The entire underway mechanic is a bit silly for anyone who isn't dwarfs

You can intercept dwarfs and then struggle to beat them because the battlefield is a narrow rectangle with no room to flank. I'm actually hoping to be intercepted most of the time

I have Archaon, Kholek and Sigwald besieging a single city of mine. please send help

Also please answer

You don't, you spread your own corruption harder than they spread theirs.

Miners are my favourite unit in the game

They're pretty shit but the vanguard means that they can hold the enemy army in place immediately whilst you shit arrows on them

What is Bloomers' best battlefield role besides army "medic?"

>chaos dorfs

HAH

Make them bleed for every inch and then finish them off with your best stack when you inevitably lose. You do have at least tier 2 towers right?

What minor factions could there be in Naggaroth, Lustria and Araby?

Ghouls aren't undead IIRC they're what cannibals descend into

It still irritates me how screnched up this map is. Ulthuan and Naggaroth are too small, the Southlands are shifted wrong, and the Dark Lands aren't wide enough. tfw no Dragon Isles.

>How the hell does autoresolve favour the ai for battles that are easy stomps?
You have almost only lowest tier units, while AI has Black Orcs, Doom Divers and higher level Leader.

Chaos, Skaven and Chaos and skellingtons, respectively.

so when vamp corruption reaches 100% it cancels Chaos corruption?

>You do have at least tier 2 towers right?
I have ghost fence

>autobattle says 5% chance to win
>fight it anyway
>Heroic victory
holy shit Demigryph knights are fucking amazing

Daily reminder that TWC is cancer and only good for EB 2

For Araby there were Al Muktar's Desert Dogs who were a Regiment of renown/dogs of war troop

Still mad at GW for killing Dogs of War, they were my favourite models

No, nothing cancels corruption aside from taking out everything that causes it. As long as the Chaos event is active, you'll have a steady +1/+2 Chaos corruption. You can only reduce its impact.

> Naggaroth
Nameless "red-skinned" human savages, Beastmen, Greenskins, Hung tribes, Dark Elves

> Lustria
Lizardmen temple-cities, Amazons, Pygmies, Skeggi, Vampire Coast, Clan Pestilens

> Southlands
Nameless "dark-skinned" human savages, an isolated Lizardman temple-city, Tomb Kings of Khemri, Tomb Kings not of Khemri (Arkhan and Phar), Araby, Arabic nomads, Clan Pestilens

It really does, especially as the Vampire Counts with 2 full stacks

>no skullcrushers

Daily reminder that when paid mods are released this will blow up.

>As long as the Chaos event is active, you'll have a steady +1/+2 Chaos corruption. You can only reduce its impact.
ok thanks for the explanation.

Never 4get ;_;

You da MVP

Think of it this way. When you are any other faction, 0% vampire/chaos influence is perfect. For you, your vampiric influence is your baseline, good territory. You want 100% vampire corruption just like as any other faction you want 0% vamp and chaos corruption. So instead of getting stuff that reduces vampire and chaos corruption like other factions, you only get stuff to spread vampire corruption.

Nth for taking drugs to play more of this game

How do orks kill dorfs

Bretonnia (Q3 2016, Free)
Wood Elves & Beastmen DLC (Q4 2016, $15.00 USD)

>First Expansion
High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen (Q2 2017, $40.00 USD)
Skaven DLC (Q4 2017, $10.00 USD)
Daemons of Chaos DLC (Q1 2017, $10.00 USD)

>Second Expansion
Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs, Tomb Kings (Q2 2018, $40.00 USD)

based user

>he still believes the Chaos Dwarfs meme

Other way around senpai and Skaven are part of 1st expansion.

Out manoeuvre them.

Has anyone managed to use outriders properly? They are super OP on this broken auto resolve but they seem to be trash in actual battles. The rifle ones are OK but the grenade outriders barely do any damage.

Goddamnit.

My OK hype is way through the roof. Hopefully they will be in the next expansion, but I think elves and sneks are next.

>gameplay over lore

CA understandably doesn't want huge empty swaths of ocean in between the landmasses. To be honest it's better than what I had expected.

Yes

Sounds like ToonTotalWar was the cancer

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Slayers (pistols)

He's Italian, so that automatically makes him cancer tbqh

This battle was a 50/50 on the pre battle balance lol

CA will probably come up with some names for those nameless Naggaroth and Southland tribes.

Yes

You don't need to kill with them since using them in skirmish mode can peel away like 1/3 of the enemy army as they try and chase them

They're my favourite unit in the game

It is usually the Greeks and Italians who are cancer on TWC. There's a reason why a site called Total War Hellas exists.

I'm with ya there. Can't wait to eat literally everything

People waste time doing this

I always bring 2. I can hide them and take out artillery behind the enemy lines, attack monsters like giants very effectively, or force the enemy to use units to chase them. If they get ignored I can just shoot the enemies in the back and do quite a lot of damage.

What does the "old grumblers" mean?

Where's muh Eldar?

in 40k ya numpty

according to the pre-battle calculation the chance of winning this was less than 25%.

They encourage nearby units when general is gone

I just bought this and started with orkz, kinda late to the party.
Is Grimgor good? The description says the Azhag gets a flying mount - is it worth it? Also general tips are welcome.

tldr
How do I build DA BESTEST WAAAAAGH

Grimgor is a monster that wrecks everything, Azhag is at his most useful when he has the crown of sorcery as that's what gives him access to death magic other wise he is "meh" tier.

Well this is taking a while.

And it's kinda futile. Your skelebones start crumbling nearly the second you touch the enemy zombies, and Heinrich can't carry the fight worth shit.

Flanking with superior numbers does nearly nothing, and the enemy necromancer can just casually walk away from them.

This Better Combat mod clearly did not have this gimmick in mind when it was made.

Orcs not Orks
Grimgor's insane, possibly the best 1v1 me guy in the game
Dragon mounts make you weaker in melee combat since you can be attacked from all sides but they let sorcerers fly around spamming spells

As orcs you want to just fight constantly at the beginning of the game to get a waaagh going, then you can expand fast as it conquers the map for you

GRIMGOR IZ DA BEST!

Seriously, Grimgor wins battles by himself, Azhag gets his flying mount quite late, same with his magic, only then Azhag can stand toe-to-toe with Grimgor

I want to like dwarfs but I just can't handle a TW army with no mobility

I don't have the screenshot apparently but can someone explain this to me:

>fighting bret vampires as empire
>army is some swordsmen, shielded spears, crossbows and 2 pistoliers
>position my army as bait
>they have 2 stacks of nearly nothing but zombies and skeletons
>couple of graveguard and bats
>they attack
>battle calc puts it at 35% of me winning
>win, battle screen says i lost 400 men, 1 group of swordsmen down to only 10 men
>go back to the campaign map and i have only a few handfuls of men missing

huh? im playing on normal with a generic empire general

You aren't supposed to fight fairly. The reason I lost the initial battle with chaos in my VC game where I basically used raise dead exclusively was because I was limited to four stacks total.
Drown them in a tide of the unliving.

Did you fight in your land
Did you pick replenishment after battle

In both cases you get an instant boost to health

This is gonna be fun, straight out of a lotr battle

If only the underground maps didn't look like a PS2 game

They look like a motorway that's been chewed up rather than an old world road