I know almost nothing about Arab history. Is there a good entry level book on the rise of the arab empires?

I know almost nothing about Arab history. Is there a good entry level book on the rise of the arab empires?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/WzdNxB71
pastebin.com/MitS95SX
pastebin.com/uRQTNHdN
pastebin.com/7h8fASgv
pastebin.com/EqmE0f0g
pastebin.com/6BhNAUYx
pastebin.com/wBAK4UqK
pastebin.com/B5DX4p9C
amazon.com/History-Arab-Peoples-New-Afterword/dp/0674058194
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Muhammad: A Biography of the Prophet
Islam: A Short History

Here's for something more in-depth op , someone shared these pastebin on /his sometime ago. Islamic history is fucking interesting.

>Muslim Spain
pastebin.com/WzdNxB71

>Abu Bakr Al-Siddiq (1st Rashidun caliphs)
pastebin.com/MitS95SX

>Abbasid era
pastebin.com/uRQTNHdN

might not be what youre looking for but read it anyway.

>The crusades

pastebin.com/7h8fASgv

>Ottoman empire
pastebin.com/EqmE0f0g

>Jihad
pastebin.com/6BhNAUYx

>Muslim brotherhood
pastebin.com/wBAK4UqK

>Iranian revolution
pastebin.com/B5DX4p9C

Interesting stuff anons. Thanks!

you won't find much given sandpeople don't keep records unless they have to do with islam, and when islam gets steam, it purges everything that comes before it, not unlike the monocultural tide of communism,

why even bother posting if you know nothing about the subject at all? why are you even on the history board? people like you ruin this board

There's a very good text usually recommended for beginners.

"A History of the Arab Peoples" by Albert Hourani. Great survey. It doesn't go massively in depth, but it's enough.

t. Retarded /pol/fag

not an argument.

amazon.com/History-Arab-Peoples-New-Afterword/dp/0674058194

read it family

>arab history starts with Islam
well memed

t. Retarded /pol/fag

>you won't find much given sandpeople don't keep records unless they have to do with islam, and when islam gets steam, it purges everything that comes before it, not unlike the monocultural tide of communism

Not an argument faggot. There's no corroborative junction in your proposition at all, and there's much established knowledge against it.

Also

>Monocultural tide of communism

Calm down m8 go back into your 70s Washington cubicle

I don't understand why you believe any opposing views don't belong here/

fuck off, ideologue

t. Retarded /pol/fag

t. Reddit

>Ottoman Empire
>Iranian Revolution
>>Arab

Fuck off back to your containment board, faggot.

Fuck off back to your containment board, faggot.
>>>/reddit/

Thanks.

How to spot a polack. When offended he will immediately let out a high-pitched scream, excrete his feces, and start parroting - "LE REDDIT LE REDDIT LE REDDIT" - jumping up and down, while flailing his arms around.

>constantly complain about Veeky Forums being full of commies and leftists
>complain about people being atheistic and degenerate when discussing philosophy and religion
>complain about Veeky Forums not being /pol/ 2.0
>BAAW TOLERATE MY RETARDED AND UNEDUCATED OPINIONS ABOUT ISLAM AND ARABIAN HISTORY

t. every /pol/ack here ever since the board was created

Islam is literally pagan satan worship. Symbol of Ba'al hadad and countless other pagan gods.

The moon and star were the coat of arms of the city of Byzantium, we associate them with Islam because of the Turks, not because Allah was a moon god or any such guff.

We /x/ now

The closest thing to a universal zymbol of islam is pic related or the Black Standard. The moon and star is a recent thing and derives from the ottomans

Retarded /pol/ack BTFO

Why does everyone hate /pol/?

I'm a Jew and agree entirely with them

Savages don't belong in civilized nations, and every race should be divided

Because the truth is a red pill hard to swallow.

/pol/ is cancer, they deny history and believe that the holocaust was fake, they also have this iloominarty-tier belief that the Jews are planning to control the world, they are really dumb.
I agree with them about mudslimes, though.

Empires of the Silk Road

Their obnoxious meme-spouters who think their internet club is serious business. The last person I want a political lecture from is some 15 year old on Veeky Forums

The book threads are literally the last bastion of actual discussion on this board. And now the retarded shitflinging has come here, too.

To OP, check the Oxford Bibliographies. They're pretty good. Wikipedia might have some good sources, too. Have fun studying it. It's a really interesting subject.

>every race should be divided

are you 15?

>The last person I want a political lecture from is some 15 year old on Veeky Forums
This

I'm fine dealing with people with extreme right-wing views, if it's to talk seriously about stuff, but /pol/lacks simply can't talk, they only preach or meme, ruining useful threads

Guess what, constantly calling out /pol/lacks and redditors doesn't improve a thread.

Thanks for ruining my thread, faggots. Now go fling shit on another board.

>I'm a Jew and agree entirely with them
how does this change anything?

The problem with /pol/ is that they want every board to be like them, even if they're not related to politics at all

I want to discuss history and humanities from a neutral perspective but whenever we create a thread about middle-east, a couple of sour /pol/acks will show up and start complaining about sand niggers and how they've never done anything of use (completely uneducated and retarded opinions)

Behavior like this is not suitable here. We're not a sub board of /pol/ and never will be. We want to discuss interesting historical things without 16 year olds complaining about degeneracy and muslims

More over, they can't seem to accept the fact that we have some left wing leaning people here, which is completely fine by me as long as they don't start converting people and spreading their ideology in every thread like /pol/ does. This place isn't a fucking echo chamber and I for one am glad that we have people with such a wide range of differing views here

and no, I'm not saying you're not welcome here if you indeed are from /pol/. Just keep in mind that this thread is made for historical discussion and people will correct you if you start spouting out unhistorical stuff and this doesn't make them commies or arabs