Space wizard

>space wizard
>imaginary friend
>2,000 year old fairy-tale book
>big makebelieve friend in the sky

Why does the common atheist never expand their ammunition past the same 4-5 beaten-to-death phrases? It's ridiculously cringeworthy and automatically makes me not take them seriously.

Before the fedoras come out in force, no, I'm not a christian.

Why have christcucks never move beyond "you wear an unfashionable hat, therefore you are wrong"?

Because it many common Theists struggle against such rhetoric.

These kind of arguments actually make religion stronger according to psychology (can't think of the source for it sorry).

I have to agree with this guy. I rarely see a Christian move beyond this point. Unless it's that one fag who posts pictures from the Neverending story on /b/ and /pol/. Both sides suck. It doesn't matter. If you think it doesn't your retarded as well. What's the point of this thread OP? Is it just to point at a minority, call them the migority, and then laugh at them?

Fak I ment does not doesn't

We just don't care about your shitty religion mate

Because there really is no need to. For an atheist these are the clear cut arguments and if somebody cant counter them, then the discussion is done, isn't it?

>Russell's teacup
>Invisible pink unicorn
>Desert war god
>Sky daddy
>Jewish mythology
>the desert trilogy parts 1&2
Did I miss any?

Because neither Atheists nor Christians take the time to learn about JEDP textual criticism and the development of Judaic Eschatology.

Remember, Mt Sinai was a volcano in Arabia and not a mountain in the Sinai Peninsula.

Nor do they understand that Christians worship on SUNday because of the Romans and Sol Invictus.

It's bc they know they're wrong and religion is stupid, but can't do anything about it.

>Because neither Atheists nor Christians take the time to learn about JEDP textual criticism and the development of Judaic Eschatology
this is actually why I became an atheist

>this is actually why I became an atheist
Good user

Atheists want to live in a world with no purpose or justice desu senpai

No

What the fuck is JEDP? Posting obscure initials should be a bannable offense ISHYGDDT.

The alleged presence of some omnipresent and omnipotent being simply acts as a delusional distraction, permitting excess "in their name", and permitting a failure to uphold real morality

Because there's no philosophical grounds for atheism

Um, no. Many believe what they say. They might not know how to recite every single Bible verse but they believe their religion is true.
And they make the same mistake. Many assume that atheists secretly know that Christianity is True, but chose not to believe in it simply because they're evil and worship Satan.

>every single great civilisation had religion as one of their pillars
huh interesting

>religion is a fantasy of toxic autocracy projected on to a cosmic level.
Scary

It's almost like...

all people are fucking stupid!

As an eurofag atheist, i want to apologise on behalf of the amerilards atheists. They think that being an atheist is being an edgelord that's better than anyone else.
They are giving atheists a bad name. I have never met an edgelord atheist until i discovered that fat turd TAA on yt and started using Veeky Forums.
I respect everyone's religion. A person doesn't need organized religions and religious leaders to have faith and a relationship with god. It's a personal freedom.
I'm an atheist because it's just what felt natural to me. I became an atheist by the same time i discovered there was no santa claus.

>apologizing for something that you had no part of

You don't seem to realize American atheists seem so bad because they are reacting to the Christian fundamentalism in their country
Europeans don't have Creationists and Evangelical Americans to deal with.
Also TJ is pretty mild really, especially in the last 2-3 years.

This.

At least what atheists say is true and actually addresses the ideology rather than just chucking out personal insults based on nothing but a meme that Christians made up in their own heads in the first place.

Both sides of the "argument" have retards, you just happen to be a retard for the religion side. In fact, you know this place doesn't have fedoras and is crawling with religious cunts and you're not asking a question, you want to make fun of people because you got told off somewhere else.
Congratulations in turning half of this board into a religious echo-box

>i will not refute the point

>JEDP

you mean jepd THEORY

bc they wished they had a friend in the sky

>every single civilization ever including the shitty ones has had religion as one of their pillars

huh interesting

>obscure initials
Far from obscure. Your statement reiterates my point above in (me)
>neither Atheists nor Christians take the time to learn about JEDP textual criticism and the development of Judaic Eschatology.

The Torah came from four sources:
The Jahwist Source
The Elohist source
The Deuteronimical source
and the Priestly source
These sources were redacted into the document known as the Torah by Ezra after the Israelites returned from the Babylonian exile.

Pretty simple really.

>you mean jepd THEORY
Sure. Better theory than saying the Torah was actually written by Moses. Look at it yourself. Read the Torah and underline the word YHWH (Jehovah or LORD in all capital letters). Notice the distinct difference in the passages that contain YHWH and those that do not. The contrast is stark at times. Different people trying to adapt the same legends to suit their own agendas.

Start with the first two chapters of Genesis. It's not that Moses is contradicting himself, it is that two different authors are telling the story of the Creation of Man from their own points of view.