This is how boys in Classical Greece looked like...

This is how boys in Classical Greece looked like, and it was perfectly a-ok until the Christians came along and decided it was a "sin" and one should instead do it with exclusively with their ugly wives.

what is this meme

Post more "ancient greek boys"

They had make-up and hair care products in Classical Greece?

Yes

Cosmetics ain't fucking rocket science nigger

I guess but usually when I imagine what ancient Greeks looked like I picture some hairy well muscled man fucking another hairy well muscled man.

No, but the computing power necessary to airbrush the photo once was.

The Greeks actually shaved off body hair for cleanliness. So it would have been more like smooth, muscled men fucking each other, working out, and talking about philosophy.

There's been make-up and hair care products pretty much since there have been women

Adult Greek men didn't fuck adult Greek men. Doing so was considered disgusting, sordid and unnatural. An adult Greek man fucking a young Greek adolescent on the cusp of adulthood who he also was close to and taught about the world was completely acceptable up until the boy became a man. This whole thing of "the Greeks were gay" has been slightly misconstrued by people. They fucked boys in a specific, societally delineated manner called pederasty.

Whoever decided to ban pedophilia and make arbitrary age of consents deserves to suffer for eternity

Even to this day we have to deal with the consequences of this authoritarian moralfaggotry

you are talking about disgusting Athenian pedo nerds
in Sparta, the men fucked each other (no homo) to form bonds between warriors so that they protect each other more viciously in battles

What about the Sacred Band of Thebes?

>fucking other males
>not gay
Explain yourself

>someone like this exists
>someone like this has spent time around children
Sometimes fascism doesn't seem so bad

t. Midnight Nambla

I can see what he means. The way we decide age of consent is slightly arbitrary and especially in the US.

Unsurprisingly, it was feminists SJWs in Victorian England.

It was quite common for men to take young brides up until the 1920s.

>of course if they did it before the 1920s it's all right

pehh

yes it used to be quite common for men to have a steady gf

An army of lolies, not gay.

>16
>not young
Wew lad

You don't see that happening today except for maybe polygamist cults.

True but it's legal

Nigger why do you think people become physically ready for sex at 12 (or even earlier)? Because nature intends for them to wait till they are 18 to have sex?

>you will never get roasted by Diogenes
l'sigh

Here it was still acceptable, and kinda still is.

My dad's first wife was 16, and my mum also married for the first time when she was 16 (widowed at 19).
Age of consent is 14 and marrying age is 16 IF the family permits or you're emancipated.

Used to be lower I think.

>look how awesome fucking males is, I will show you by posting a picture of a woman

300 isn't a history documentary.

Where does the idea that Greek boys used to look like Mila Jovovich, come from anyway????

"why did nature make us able to kill other people, if we weren't supposed to kill them?!?"
Tard argument mate.
Nature also "made" us have empathy and understanding that a grown dude fucking a 12y old boy/girl will damage their psyche real, real bad.

topkek

>nigger why do you think people started growing teeth at 1, because nature intended them to wait until theyre 10 to eat steak?

>grown dude raping a 12y old boy/girl will damage their psyche real, real bad

Fixed that for you. Despite what your modern liberal values may tell you, children absolutely can consent. History attests to this fact. Consensual sex is not damaging to anybody's psyche.

Why would you have sex with a little boy when grown women exist

I don't get you pedofags

That's Thebes you ignorant dick bag
Sparta saw homosexuality like that as disgusting too.

>understanding that a grown dude fucking a 12y old boy/girl will damage their psyche real, real bad.

No it doesn't. The notion that its forbidden, wrong, and a social taboo and society telling them they are a victim of something horrible, is what fucks up their psyche.

Do you really think ancient Greece was filled with people with severe mental scarring over the man-boy relationships??
You try that and see how it works out. Nature certainly didnt, as shown by what happens if you do.

Sparta did exactly the same shit, it was a Greek custom not an Athenian custom.

The Band was made up of pairs of younger and older men (an erastes and eromonos) as I have said, not couples of the same age.

>pushing 20th century views of sexuality onto ancient Greeks

It's gay to us, it wasn't gay to them. It's difficult to explain to someone with a 21st century mindset and with 21st century preconceptions.

There are various points in Greek literature where two adult men fucking is considered shameful and outrageous, and damaging to their reputations. Being the guy fucking another guy was usually acceptable, being fucked in the ass or particularly the mouth, the source of wisdom and logic, was considered absolutely disgraceful. The Romans had a very similar conception of it. Roman adult men raped young Gothic boys in the 4th century sparking off an invasion.

You cannot consent unless it is free and fully informed (i.e. that they understand it). Because children have malformed brains and inexperience, they cannot consent. That is what pretty much all modern legal systems base their decision on. Fuck off paedo scum.

>children can consent
When I was 14 I consented to going out with older lads one night, getting drunk and throwing stones at police
Kids are retarded

But we are supposed to kill other people? When a crazy man with a knife attacks you and your family, you defend them. Possibly to the point of killing him, if that's what is necessary. Nature also gave us morals to govern when we do and we dont kill other people.

>you try that and see how it works out
I was mimicking the sarcastic tone of his post. Ofcourse I don't believe in fucking 12 year olds or feeding babies steak

Pederast propaganda to make pederasty seem desirable to people attracted to women.

Where do you live?

You both made the mistake of assuming that adults are somehow more capable in their decision making. Or more specifically, you don't see that you arbitrarily create a magic cut-off point at 18 (or whatever age you choose).

40 year olds are obviously more wise and experienced than 20 year olds. They should not be allowed to have a relationship with eachother, for the 20 year old can not consent.

Who here Veeky Forums?

No its the other way around. Mila Jovovich looks like a greek boy.

No, she doesn't look anything like a Greek boy.

20 year olds are biologically fully developed in both body and mind.
12 year olds are anything but.
Not to mention the risk of death should a 12 year old become pregnant

Me
Whoever isn't on this board is niether a Veeky Forumstorian nor a sick cunt

It isn't that arbitrary you stupid cunt. These ages haven't been pulled out of thin air, the legislative process in these countries takes hundreds of thousands of man-hours for a single bill to go through. They chose them for a reason, using the finest psychological minds out there.

Brazil. My greatgrandmother was this rich lady, she let my mother get married because it was proper.
My dad just had good relations with his first wife's family so they accepted it, the lady's father kinda wanted him as a successor in his business but it didn't work out.

It was not unusual back then, but it's true that it's going out of fashion.

And yet this almighty legislative process forbids these "fully developed in both body and mind" from consenting to the use of alcohol.

Ofcourse the fucking monkeys like to fuck kids

Haven't quite made it yet, but working hard at it.

>MUH MUNKEYS
>16 year olds are kids
Ok lad. Spanish-portuguese rich plantation owners, jews and germans are now monkeys I guess.
You do know this was the norm everywhere right?

Oh yeah, that Alexander movie is the ultimate source for how Greek boys look like, game over, discussion finished.

>two wrongs should make a right
And anyway, youre assuming (like many Americans do) that the US = the entire world

>You do know this was the norm everywhere right?
Shhh, the realization that the world did not always work like it does today could melt their brains.

Oogabooga

>16
You said 14 huehue

14 is the age if consent, 16 is the marrying age.
And no 14 yo aren't kids either.

>Muh objective age of consent
>Muh modern age is as it's always used to be
>Muh every country has the same standards
Europe is whiter than the US and look at that!

But you go ahead and shout "bix nood" at me John.

I'm not American but when no country is specified, it is general practice to assume the US, on this American website.

Its irrelevant though, because it does in fact effectively counter the argument made that putting thousand of man hours into a legislation means it is right.

>marriage
>sex
These are not the same, i have no problem with 16 year olds getting married

What, are you saying they were black or something?

Maybe they should melt.

She's ukrainian senpai....

>surrender monkey
>Slavs
>Sweden

But apparently there is a huge difference between 14-16 and you can objectively prove that the standard you hold is superior right?
Or that you can pretend the monkeys are the only ones to do or to have ever done that I suppose.

>Muh american exceptionality!
>Oh shit I fucked a teenager guess I better prep my anus for Tyrone

>Amerilards
>Amerishots
>Ameridumbs
I can talk in memes too

That's just a holdover of moral prudism from the 19th century.

Memes aside, just because some of Europe holds these laws does not mean that they're right

That is entirely teue and your hexes confirm.
However, just because America holds a different standard it doesn't mean it's right. My only point is that your little monkey joke is kinda silly considering the actual facts and historical notions of sexuality.

Anyway, unless you can prove why one is superior to the other then it's entirely up to the government and the people they represent.

I'm just saying that movie was garbage.

Nice digits

True*
Welp.

>objectively prove
>what is biology
>right
See above.
Biologically speaking, are 12 year olds fully developed human beings?

Fucking lmao
The bills are determined by the votes of soccer moms

Okay so what is your point?
I can shout "biology" but that alone doesn't make a point.

Would you say that a 14 year old is incapable of consent? Do you have hard data to corroborate the notion that there is significant cognitive difference between a 14 and a 16 year old? What is the criteria for "enough"? What about individual differences?
There is nothing objective about this and I could list many other reasons why.

>just because American holds a different standard does not mean it's right
I will admit that the simple fact of it being the law does not give it automatic moral authority, it's something that should be looked at biologically imo
Thanks man
>that pic
Really activated my almonds not gonna lie

Yeah it is pretty arbitrary. The idea that politicians do take studies into account is okay and all, but it's not like this is hard science or that they ignore their own leanings.
Again, you do realize that there is significant difference between countries legislations on this matter right?

It's not like they all have completely different scientific results they are basing it on.
>Inb4 _the one in my country is right because I am sure OURS is the most scientifically accurate because of uuuuh reasons"

My own personal notions is based on "does the individual understand the consequences of their acts? Are they aware of what they are doing?", but ultimately it's not an easy question to handle and I believe that is the room for a gap.
Hence why I am fine with the idea of the late teens range being a fine choice for all legal purposes.

So? This depiction of Greek boys is certainly pretty close, especially compared to full-grown Ukrainian woman with a bathing suit on and contemporary female fashion in hair and make up.

Reducing it down to individual cases is simply too vast of a project so we need a blanket verdict.
16 is my personal vote for the age of consent, with 18 for marriage

>does the individual understand the consequences of their acts? Are they aware of what they are doing?

I'm more joking that presenting an argument here, but I've had sex in situations where neither of those things were true for me (because of alcohol).

I meant range in the sense that most countries will (and in my own view should, but again opinions) rule for that little period, not individually. Individual decision is not really viable I believe.

Fucking alcohol lad, I've had a situation where I thought I was with one girl only to realize I was with another later on.
One more reason that made me quit it.

I think they purposefully make them a little bit too high to make more of a gap between an adult and a child.
You could mistake a 10 year old for a 13 year old and a 13 year old with a 16 year old. But you can't really mistake a 10 year old for a 16 year old.

Neither does it mean they are wrong

It was a bad movie, but it was pretty historically accurate.

Looks pretty similar to me

contraception didn't exist at the time.

They leak into Veeky Forums. Just replace salt in the recipes with semen. I believe in you.

thx user

Well usually you can just put up romeo and juliet laws or a different minimum age if you are yourself underage, and that all helps.

>ywn live in Yemen

mila jovavich is my waifu