/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
mega.nz/#!JYJEWB5B!1ybt5ElmDjCO2qBrQMmvGG1SehWUB9vvCei04X3mYTo
youtube.com/watch?v=QnXPqUU6fI0
youtube.com/watch?v=GUQUD3IMbb4
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JN8t-LPTde2Ki-35Ix-fwcn4PTUiJtofRitlOMCwPnc/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=790595712
i45.tinypic.com/1yg4h.jpg)
sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Spawning_through_script
nautil.us/issue/37/currents/the-strange-blissfulness-of-storms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Harpoon Knife/Alternate Flashlights for Arsenal Overhaul 3.x+
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread:

>page 6

ded

quality post my man

reminds me of the OP image from the last bread

>tfw i've played every mod i have ever encountered, even the obscure ones in slav sites
>tfw all i want is a new game with new mods
no soup can satisfy my need of new content

This

There isn't enough time in one lifespan to play every mod you dirty liar.

>tfw can't handle the recoil on the UMP45

Thank god for plan B

>found SEVA suit in stash
>can finally stop wearing green trashbag
noice

Thank god that Freedumb decided to reload his gun right in front of you

Werejew pls dont drink yourself to death

>wearing the SEVA when the green garbage bag is better in every way and the economy in AMK Autumn is piss easy
>3 vodkas
>all that food
>carrying regular medikits when they're shit at best, and a waste of weight at worst

>it's not a lot better
>I looted that carelessly
>I also looted that carelessly
>I don't want to waste the better medkits

>it's not a lot better
Yes it is. The SEVA has worse stats than the green garbage bag across the board, the only thing it does better is that it doesn't fall apart when you sneeze at it.

>I don't want to waste the better medkits
It's not a waste if you need them.

Werejew, can you post an in-game shot of FN FAL, or is the model the same as in AO3?

dont die

SEVA has godly night vision, it wins by default, and I always have as many medkits as I need. I don't often die from gunshots in battle, that's what the Soul artifacts are for afterwards.

>6P9 memers

Can we get the Image Archive 1.0 into the OP txt next thread?
mega.nz/#!JYJEWB5B!1ybt5ElmDjCO2qBrQMmvGG1SehWUB9vvCei04X3mYTo

Any newbie starting out in the thread's not going to have many stalker images. I know it's a bit big for a download, but it's mostly good stuff plus some stuff that's not just images, and backup OP text and a few bonuses.

Can you kill yourself?

Oh, wow, user's exercising his right to be hostiiiile.
Someone asked for this in the last thread.
kys

>Someone asked for this in the last thread.
Nobody cares. Nobody ever cared about your shitty collection of cancerous images. Kill yourself.

I wanna freeplay.

I wanna be a cheeky bandito and organise ambushes on travelling stalkers and raids on bases and hubs.

What mod will help me achieve this?

I hear there is a movie

Kinda unimpressed.

CoC, probably.

You could try Clear sky's faction wars mod, but I haven't played it so I can't tell you if the bandits are a playable faction. I assume they are, though.

What a ded thread

what on earth for

>slingshot pistol reload

Fucking garbage.

I'm working on a small tune-up mod for Call of Chernobyl, with an optional addon for AO3.
This is basically just taking shit from other mods that are scattered all over and making it an easy prepacked download. You can pick out what you like and dislike from it. I'll be sure to credit the mods used once it's done.

What it does right now:
Adds dynamic hud + high quality helmet overlays
Splits the flashlight similar to Misery, requiring you to carry one on hand or buy a headlamp later. Working on adding different varieties like a military bent flashlight or LED flashlights, just for cosmetic effect. Also working on adding "suit pockets" for you to store them in for some suits and use them from your chest while keeping both hands free.
Adds recolors of some suits, purely cosmetic in difference. Working on unique suits and helmets along with stash locations for them. Same with weapons, I'm ripping models from Combat Arms because surprisingly they fit STALKER really well.
Adding quality to Artifacts, ripped from the russian SoC mod that does the same. "Poor quality" mama's beads look really dim and dried up, giving the base amount they do in game, while "pristine quality" mama's beads adds a x2 modifier to all positive stats.
Changes to night vision with the white night vision option, and blue.
The infrared helmet upgrade adds a similar marker that binoculars have for enemy tracking and highlighting.
Changing sounds from radios and psi-fields. Emissions will now cause the radios to fuck about and will play number stations like youtube.com/watch?v=QnXPqUU6fI0 and youtube.com/watch?v=GUQUD3IMbb4
Some psi-fields will do the same.

I'm still adding backpacks and shit, mega will be ready in 2-3 threads. It's mostly just shit ripped from other mods or games and packaged together for convenience.

>Adds dynamic hud + high quality helmet overlays
Stopped reading here.

k

>dynamic hud + high quality helmet overlays
Helmet overlays are cancer 99% of time and I really doubt that yours will be any different.

>Splits the flashlight similar to Misery, requiring you to carry one on hand or buy a headlamp later. Working on adding different varieties like a military bent flashlight or LED flashlights, just for cosmetic effect. Also working on adding "suit pockets" for you to store them in for some suits and use them from your chest while keeping both hands free.
Meh. Sounds stupid when you can get an headlamp for literally less than 5 bucks.

>Adding quality to Artifacts
>Changing sounds from radios and psi-fields. Emissions will now cause the radios to fuck about and will play number stations
>recolors of some suits. Working on unique suits and helmets along with stash locations for them.
Neat.

>The infrared helmet upgrade adds a similar marker that binoculars have for enemy tracking and highlighting.
Didn't they do that in vanilla CoP, and CoC doesn't do that merely because "lel who cares about actually playing a modder's resource xdd".

>AO3.
>

Why is Road to Limansk not in the CS repository?

It's not mine, most of it is ripped from Misery or Russian mods. The only work that's "mine" is ripping Combat Arms models and textures.

>CoC
>Yantar
>get to X16, surprised that there were no zombies outside
>disable the brain scorcher
>step outside
>all the zombies are actually assaulting the bunker
>kill a dozen, out of ammo, only have a pistol left
>make a rush to the bunker
>suddenly, a knock on the metal door
>open it
>a fucking zombie armed with PKM
>shoot him in the head with PB
>suddenly, the outer door opens up, effectively trapping me inside
>it's another zombie
>start shooting
>HURR, WEAPON JAMMED
>take out a knife
>stab the fucker in the head
>he doesn't even flinch
>try to close the door, but he blocks it
>die

I regret ticking the iron man option. This is fucking bullshit. Yeah, a full-grown adult wouldn't be able to push a fucking meat bag away from the door, sure fucking thing. No, eat shit, fucking literally eat fucking shit.

My point stands still. Most suit overlay mods, instead of slightly limiting your peripheral field of view (and remove a feature that STALKER doesn't even have, the "there is an enemy on the on the extreme edge extreme edge of your field of view" indicator) completely fuck it up in really stupid ways such as having shit block the middle of your screen.

I'm eager to know how you make so that suits have different stats and upgrade trees, it'd be nice to have faction specific suits in CoC act as actual faction specific suits instead of recolors with a different item description (looking at you, Duty suits with artifact slots).

Well it'll be in its own folder, people who do want it can just drop it in over gamedata and people who don't want to can ignore it.
I always personally enjoys it because it gives the exoskeleton suit the downside of not being able to see shit out of it.

Same as in AO3, I just attached optics to it really.

That always annoyed me too, I hope WS will eventually get a kick button or something.

Can you link that spreadsheet again? Curious about what weapons will be included in the mod.

Its not up to date, but here you go: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JN8t-LPTde2Ki-35Ix-fwcn4PTUiJtofRitlOMCwPnc/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=790595712

missing: aku12, svd12, sv98, m16a1, car15, sr1m, aac honeybadger, vepr, ak102, xm8, maybe others who knows. Might not include the scar-l for the first release since I don't want to spend much more time on things; I miss playing stalker and working on warfare. I have the galil ace 21 set up to attach sights to, but the reload animation isn't correct so idk. If I decide to do that I'm going to add the galil ace 52 as well.

>AEK919

Which model are you using for this one?

>AKMSU

Wew, lad, that's some obscure shit. Could you post a screenshot?

>no MG3
Kill me.

He just walked right into it

I always laugh at stuff like this
>save a bunch of diggers at the concentration camp in garbage in CS
>one thanks me, turns around and just casually jogs into a fire spawning anomaly
>survives but just walks into another still ablaze and dies
but why

aek919 is using the taz model. Not sure if I want to keep it - not a very good texture with it.

as for the akmsu, its just the aks74u with the akm mag since its close enough (i45.tinypic.com/1yg4h.jpg)

Pic is the akmsu in the mod; using a different aks74u model than the other mods.

>aac honeybadger
good.
>galil ace 21
better
> galil ace 21 set up to attach sights to
diamond dick right now, just give the honeybadger decent anims pls

How hard is it to edit saves in STALKER? I just want to give myself all of the weapons that are contained in a mod, just for seeing if they're decent.

>obscure
You mean "bullshit"?

Not trivial at all
Just spawn them all from a script

That really helps.

Any time man

I wish I could feed you Witch's Jelly.

Don't make me spoonfeed you, fuckboy.
sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Spawning_through_script

Just bought SEVA myself with ~24k (vanilla-CoC), it's the last suit that I'm gonna wear

Now I only need to start to modify it and find best repairman. Any thoughts? I had an eco-start

o autist
what dare I ask is wrong with racking the slide that way as long as you put a round in the chamber

Fine motor skill vs gross motor skill
Much less surface area to grip so you are more likely to slip and fuck up
Less muscles involved so it is harder to do. It might be easy for you now but if you were mildly incapacitated it could be a lot harder for you, let alone a weaker person.
If you have a malfunction with the casing sticking out of the ejection port you knock it out with a sweeping motion you were already doing.

So basically, if you put a round in the chamber nothing is wrong with it, but it is a lot easier to end up not putting that round in the chamber if you use that technique.

Why do my ogse saves cease to work half way through cordon and then crash not only stalker but my computer upon load? Last attempt i made 3 seperate save games and after the first crash occurred half way into cordon, it rendered all 3 useless. Same result each time.

when I was a rookie STALKER, I would sometimes put my pinky over the ejection port, I don't think I have big hands or anything it's just what happened
out of fear of getting my hands in the way and failure to extract, i got into the habit of the slingshot
now I always use slingshot
beg pardon for calling you an autist earlier

It's okay mate. You a lefty?

Nope

Ah right, should've mimed that out before asking. Usually it's lefties who don't like over the top because their palm can cover the port. I had to train myself to just use the meaty part of my palm under the thumb on the serrations so that wouldn't happen. Just practice man. You got a subcompact or something?

Post more like these guys

Nah man nah
I just would have my pinky floating around as if my left hand were holding a cup of tea
it never actually did get in the way of the spent round, it was just fear and felt uncomfortable
I'll give it another go the next time I'm innawoods just for you lad, but at this point it's just habit

>try to get comfy and play stalker
>31C outside

Stalker, you see not what is true in life, for when a man must stalker, he stalker.

Some dude snorking around local cosplay event

>have the galil ace 21 set up to attach sights to, but the reload animation isn't correct so idk

what bout it is messed up?

bolt is on the left side. There are no reload animations (unless I'm forgetting some) that have a bolt on the left side especially with the mag in a similar place. One solution is to flip the model on the x axis for now so the bolt is on the right side and everything lines up like in the pic attached. I may end up doing that especially since its just a game and all that, at least until I can make a new animation for reloading the ace 21.

>puddle close up
here we go again, so deep and thoughtful

Very nice, more please.

~ A U T I S M ~

~ G O O D W E A P O N H A N D L I N G ~

nautil.us/issue/37/currents/the-strange-blissfulness-of-storms

Barney Calhoun, please!

>that pinky up like he's taking a sip of tea

10/10 anim

I was hoping google was asking for "pictures with a stormfront" and then it was just "pictures with a storefront" ...

Krrr...krr....krrrrrr!!

>TFW you roll up into Limansk as a Merc and get that sweet fucking free RG6 with 20-something grenades

Monoshits and freedumb gonna pay now.

Take them out, son!

Better drink more vodka

Trees gonna be trees!

where could I find the default ltx files for anomaly fields in CoP?

packed in the db's most likely
such as
\configs\scripts\pripyat\anomaly\pri_b301_anomal_zone.ltx

how do I extract 'em?