I'm 18 and want to pursue entrepreneurship, and was sent an invitation to apply to Babson college for a scholarship...

I'm 18 and want to pursue entrepreneurship, and was sent an invitation to apply to Babson college for a scholarship. Turns out this school is the number one "entrepreneur" school in the US. What is Veeky Forums advice? Is this college really worth it to gain skills in entrepreneurship, or is it a joke? Any help really appreciated.

Was sent an invitation? Could you describe in detail?

I am from Istanbul, Turkey and 18 - and so fucking jealous of you man :)

Honestly, go for it. Babson is not a marketing hype or anything like that, they are really, really good. I wish I had the financial status to go there.

If you are into entrepreneurship, go there man, believe me. I know a lot about it and can answer if you have questions.

Babson is one of the best business schools (undergrad) in the country, specifically for entrepreneurship. Bentley is another great business school, and both are located in Massachusetts so if you visit look at both to keep your options up.

small school. but great for business

If you're gonna get a scholarship, do it faggot.

Why the fuck would you need to go to college to be an entrepreneur? They'll sell a fucking degree for anything these days...

if you want to learn to start a business then start a fucking business

studying "entrepreneurship" is a total waste of time, and it's beyond dumb to take on a mountain of student loans before starting a business.

This.
No successful entrepreneur said, "I want to be an entrepreneur" they said "I want to do this" and did it, or had an idea and made it a reality.

Wow. First time on this forum & happened to see this!

So I went to Babson for two years, then left. I very seriously wouldn't recommend it to anyone. About half of the degrees available there are of a good quality, but the whole of it is incredibly overpriced. The administration is a huge clusterfuck. Meeting in 5 if you're still here in 25 min I'd be glad to tell you much more

Don't go for a major or degree in entrepreneurship, go for a real business major like accounting, finance, econ, stats and then use those skills (accounting and finance would be the best imo for entrepreneurship shit).

Fuck, why do fags waste years and most of the time money on useless degrees. At least with a real business major you have a fall back career.

"I had humble beginnings. It all started on Veeky Forums and long story short I'm rich as hell."-said no future millionaire ever

OP here, thanks for the feedback guys, really helped me out!

yet ;)

You were sent an invitation to apply for a scholarship...or were you sent an invitation to be a student there ON scholarship?

If the former, fucking walk. Babson isn't that good a school, and "entrepreneurship" is the "interpretive African tribal dance" of the business world, fucking worthless outside it's own small footprint, without the bonus of at least dance teaches you how to dance.

Fuck off

What do you guys think of Bentley. I'm going there for finance.

Business administration would be better if you're looking to start or run a business because it covers a variety of topics, albeit in less detail, like finance, accounting, marketing, management, etc. You should also be able to choose a focus area which you'll take more concentrated classes in. Accounting and Finance are good if you're looking to become an accountant, loan officer, or some other banking position. So those are better suited for people looking for a decent job.

>wish to be poor
>don't repost this
>???
>profit

Bump

Actually started my own business while studying finance at UT McCombs. Don't get a degree in entrepreneurship. Don't go to college in a small town. The Texas Exes alumni network helped more than anything else.

>Don't go for a major or degree in entrepreneurship, go for a real business major like accounting, finance, econ, stats and then use those skills (accounting and finance would be the best imo for entrepreneurship shit).
This is accurate.

I used to work in an entrepreneurship incubator in college and it was utter trash. Lots of half-baked ideas, nebulous discussion of ~success~, and not a lot of skill. It always boiled down to "well, I'm the ~idea man~, let me go find people with actual skill."

Going to college on a scholarship is a good idea. Going to college on a scholarship for entrepreneurship is a bad one. If they have definitively offered you a free ride, consider going for a more tangible degree.

Regardless: Apply to a LOT of schools, see what they offer, and take the most prestigious school that you can reasonably afford and that offers a hard/useful degree you are interested in.