/mcg/ - Minecraft general

Nobody bother to make one after it died edition

Previous thread" We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, mods, modding drama, projects, seeds, building ideas, modding drama...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0S43IwBF0uM
forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?forums/suggestions.7/
youtube.com/watch?v=X-L-G1q_0L8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

I absolutely need a mod that will basically make me want to shit myself rather than go outside during the night or that adds some sort of terraria-esque invasion events or mobs that warp thru blocks without breaking shit so that buildings defenses will actually be useful and not just pretty.

I miss the old days of cluelessness when I'd hide the second the sun went down out of fear of getting my shit smacked.

Shouldn't you be in /gsg/?

LITERALLY ded

But have no fear, I know what can bring this shitty general back to life.
Discord server! Truly the only thing to keep us alive is shitty discord drama that splits the community in two.

You didn't honestly think the general would have a good life ever again, did you?

Fuck off back to whatever mmo general you crawled out of, there are no attentionwhores here.

new thread

not possible, the basic premise of EE is MAWPC
maybe it would be less MAWPC if bones had no value

no, this is the thread. it's older.

i did it just for lulz
learn to read before posting

This is simultaneously adorable and infuriating.

Why zombies? WHY?

>posts on the wrong thread
>learn to read

is this starmade

there being zombies on single asteroids or whatever that is is indeed retarded but the ship thing is super qt

think it's galacticraft

>says person who posted link to new thread when said link was already posted

links to the other thread were posted on both due to your retardation, so the link already being posted didn't mean much

well you can try warpdrive mod

Yeye. Like if you're going out of your way to make a space mod why just reuse vanilla mobs? It seems incredibly lazy.

i really hate how galacticraft just has copies of vanilla mobs on its planets when much cooler stuff could have been made

>yours
what? i didnt post it

I really hate how (insert mod here) just has copies of vanilla mobs on its (insert location here) when much cooler stuff could have been made

i hate how true this is

>i did it just for lulz
or was that not you

Anyone know of A good modpack with a community and server? I can't find shit

ah fuck.

Really though we've got shit like blazes and ghasts which float, one would think some reskinned versions of those would be sufficient.

>realising you can connect storage drawers to an inventorium if you put the controller behind a scribe
Fuck this is neat. It has the same limitations as barrels though

there are none
try hobo from the spreadsheet in OP

do you guys have any ideas for custom galacticraft mobs? maybe you could suggest to the dev

Should I bite the bullet and download curse for as2 y/n?

>suggest to the dev
As if they'll listen, I'm sure we've got hundreds of 12-year-olds asking for dragons or minions or someshit to be added.

That being said, look to space operas.

A. makes me thenk of this but worse

youtu.be/0S43IwBF0uM

I've always wanted to stripmine the Twlight Forest. Something about corrupting the pristine magical environment with machinery seems fun.

This is my start. I'm right under a Giant's Cloud (hence the beanstalk) so that Guard Golem was really valuable fighting off mobs while I was setting everything up.

Each one of those 16x16 hempcrete slabs marks an Immersive Engineering ore vein. Just on this little highland plateau I've found 3 iron veins, 3 coal veins and 2 aluminum veins.

i didn't know he was taking suggestions
well, if you already know where to contact him, maybe you can collect our ideas

hmm, for the asteroid belts, i think space rays would be cool... pretty much like flying mantas, but in space (and not venomous)
and maybe some kind of ore bugs (or other crystalline/metallic beings) around dense veins?
for the moon, as it has cheese i'd say that giant rats (or ratlike aliens) would be a nice fit
and with rats comes cats, so yay for giant space cats?
Mars has the slimelings and some cool environments?, so maybe carnivorous plants (that can spread?) and if it has plants, it can have bugs that help them spread or use them somehow... fleas maybe?

I'd like to put a windmill farm up here, but I'm not sure how I'm going to route power down to the surface with IE wires. Either way, I've filled a new To-Do list with shit I need for this base.

Is there any way to make mobs from other mods rideable if they don't naturally support it?
I want to ride the buffaloes from totemic, and have them pull my carts.

I mean, you could always just make a thread on the suggestions forum
forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?forums/suggestions.7/

wouldn't it be more profitable to just quarry hollow hills to bedrock, rather than attempt to find random veins scattered around?

I don't use quarries. They're too boring and don't force me into making interesting design choices.

At some point I do want to make some kind of base (treasure vault maybe) out of a large Hollow Hill.

make a rape dungeon

>atomic disassembler
>not lategame
sure, you can get it somewhat early if you minmax like an autist, but you aren't supposed to do that, now are you?

Can TiCon be put in a Pure magic pack?

I'm thinking either that or the exact opposite by disabling vanilla tool recipes past stone to encourage use of magic tools.

it can if you tweak it to not be ridiculous and better than magic tools, since blacksmithing is hardly tech

Sure, it's just a replacement for vanilla, and vanilla esque tools.

As long as you don't have shit mods that clone vanilla tools and call them magic. Then it would make them pointless.
Ars Magica is a good example of magic tools that don't get made redundant, what with the varying mining spells and all that.

I kind of want to do this

Next world, I'm going to spawn myself the materials to make a portal and pretty much start from the forest itself

>spawn myself the materials to make a portal
Uh you mean 12 flowers and 1 diamond? Yeah, such an endgame thing.

Don't be a bitch, dude. You'll need at least an iron sword to survive more than a second in Twilight Forest anyway.

>Minecraft: Story Mode

who the fuck came up with this shit? I knew selling out to MS was bad but this is just wow.

The story of MC is that you (or the group youre playing with) are the last survivors in a mysterious world who have to make a new home for themselves. Defend yourself against the monsters of the night and use the ressources the world/animals give you.

Fucking Mojang what are you doing with your game

Hate to be that guy but what are the best mods in your opinion that are still playable on a somewhat recent version as well? I just bought the game after playing pirated vanilla for a long time.

Just the diamond, but yeah

Besides, what do you care about how people play in a singleplayer game?

everyone above the age of 12 knew it was a cashgrab the second they saw Telltale was in on it, this is news to nobody

the game itself is fucking so bad it's hilarious, the game hardly has any fail states for the many QTEs it gives you
>that scene where the protagonist is riding a minecart and a skeleton is riding another parallel to you
>if you don't press the button you just stare each other down for a good 10 seconds and the protag hits him automatically

all good mods are availible on 1.7.10
1.8-1.9 added nothing, and you can backport all of that nothing with a few mods.

>>if you don't press the button you just stare each other down for a good 10 seconds and the protag hits him automatically

wow just wow

i just heard of it today because i just remembered minecraft and when i visited the minecraft.net website to download the game i saw that they featured this shit on the site.

At least the main game looks still cool

I dunno why, but doing this was satisfying.

>knew it was a cashgrab the second they saw Telltale was in on it

wait what, really?
Now I've only played a few of the modern TT point n clicks, them being Walking Dead 1/2 and Tales from the Borderlands. But Ive enjoyed those greatly and never even thought of TT as a "cash grab company"

Accidentally posted the cancerous version

youtube.com/watch?v=X-L-G1q_0L8

TT is infamous for saying the player's choices matter and the story develops around said choices when in actuality the story is on rails and your choices changes a couple of dialogue lines at best.

Sips, plz leave.

Its not so much that anyone cares, its that if you can't get a diamond within 30 minutes of starting a new world, you're pretty garbage at vidya gaems.

>Where do you think we are.jpg

In vanilla

I'm using iguana tweaks so that first 30 minutes is spent setting up a smelter to mine stuff that isn't copper and coal

>using both TiCon and Twilight Forest
Why don't you bring a jetpack too while you're at it?

Iguana tweaks is only good when configured to not add upgrades upon leveling.

As it is

I got rid of the skill level on it too because having to mine 1k blocks before the pick can mine what the material is supposed to mine was a bit retarded as well

I bring a QuantumSuit :^)

>page ten
oh no. here. bump with inspo.

I made this lumberjack house. The guy who lives here is a single lumberjack. This is a lower-working class house because the community is surrounded by forest for 500 metres in any direction, so wood is not scarce. He also has a charcoal operation going on to make a bit of extra cash.

The house is made out of diorite, andersite and cobble. The roof is an open space inspired by the ancient Greek Domus with its indoor courtyards. I've decided that's this culture's "thing".

The front door and garden.

One side of the house.

The charcoal operation around the back.

not specifically a quarry, but the point was "find a hollow hill and tear everything apart all the way to bedrock".

where once stood a hill, instead, lay a crater.

The other side of the house with some log storage and a cauldron for catching rain water. Just gonna have a cig, I'll be back with the interior.

Waterland continues to expand

There's enough nearby grass to start spawning passive mobs that aren't squid, so I put up a pen for them, used the crop stick method to get grass in there and then removed it

No sheep, but I produce so much hemp that they'd just get in the way

The entrance hall.

The closet contain his lumberjack outfit and some random shit.

Kitchen/living room.

Bedroom.

>if you don't press the button you just stare each other down for a good 10 seconds and the protag hits him automatically
Damn. And I've seen footage of the cutscenes. They're your typical quirky everyman prattle with Dreamworks-tier jokes and mannerisms. Was it really Notch or Mojang that sold out?

> →
>>atomic disassembler
>>not lategame
>sure, you can get it somewhat early if you minmax like an autist, but you aren't supposed to do that, now are you?

What

I get one in 15 min top after i spawn a new world.

Modest and comfy. Nice

Roof containing the altar and bath.

>>if you don't press the button you just stare each other down for a good 10 seconds and the protag hits him automatically
I feel like pirating the game now just to see this shit.

>diamonds
>obsidian
>power network
>4 machines
>15 minutes
also,
going by the materials needed to craft the various machines, you're supposed to have a dissasembler by the time you have fully upgraded factories for the crusher, smelter, enrichment chamber, and metallurgic infuser, as well as the beginnings of an ore tripling setup, a robit to follow you, and a digi miner, with enough power to supply all this.

That's how you do it without minmaxing.
Now you're saying you can do all that in 15 minutes?

Lol not him but I bet you like botania

Gyro here. I'm participating in a Doom mapping community event, that's why progress on industryserb is going so ded / slow.

Hopefully I can get more time in on the modpack sooner than this but DUMP 3 concludes on June 17th, so, no later than that.

Conveyors and multiblocks soon(tm), fellow miner.

>liking shitania

Doom mapping event? What does that mean?

It's sort-of like a game jam but for Doom (as in, original Doom, not the new one of the same name) maps.

If you're not familiar with the concept of a game jam, it's like a competition without rankings, but still with the deadlines and rules and such. It's a bit of "Just like make game."

could you make ss13 or minecraft themed hidden level in your map?

>but DUMP 3 concludes on June 17th, so, no later than that.
As in, I'll start working on the pack again no later than that. (*´ω`)o

what exactly did you do here?

we're doing all the minetweakering we can, but we can only go so far

sure, consider how some vanilla(bukkit) servers have shops with infinite supply+demand. You sell, say, sugarcane, get money(EMC) and buy diamonds.
not sure what exactly you're looking for

>nobody to craft a personal modpack and to play with
Oh well, maybe I'll see again in summer.

what game is that?

>we're doing all the minetweakering we can, but we can only go so far
Oh y'all are still working on it? Thanks! That's a major help. If my input only requires a few hours rather than several dedicated days I'll be much more inclined to put some work into the pack again before this DUMP thing wraps up.

that doesn't mean that's balanced though

Stellaris

>tfw u will never fuck Holo

>get invited to a whitelist private modded server by a friend
>said friend doesn't even play anymore
>it's just you and every 2-3 days one other random online
It's literally single player