/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Ye olde: Discord server for organized group play:
discord.gg/0yy2wDRBnPClTOxo

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-ama-addresses-hit-detection-issues/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pcgfb

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: not yet made

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
techknow.one/forum/index.php?topic=69.0 (dead link)
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Gd4KDJ7F1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=TTl6G2REkZE
youtube.com/watch?v=95GSPFHBWes
youtube.com/watch?v=7Y_eUbRdodA
youtube.com/watch?v=fI4YfurxVZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't thermite only good when playing against that guy who can set up heavy barricades?

They work against all reinforced walls, normal breaches deal with castle barricades just fine

Dude Castle is the worst

even sledge can take his barricades down. I am amazed at this influx of newfags I guess people really rather grind there hearts out instead of paying full price for something

I underestimated the grind. Should I get the $15 credit pack or the $30 one? I don't mind a small grind but this is too much.

Sledge is probably a better first attacker to get for the new guys, because he isn't very essential to the team so noone in your team will roast you for not doing something or whatever (when you get thermite they will probably order you around and tell you what to do) and he is a very solid operator. Nice gadget, great primary and a GOAT secondary.

Leave the game running for night, you'll get 8-9k from it.

What? How? You're lying.

Settings -> MM Preference -> PvE -> Leave only Hostage Protection
Start PvE Lonewolf realistic, go afk

Thermite's charges work on all destructible walls and barricades. Just be aware depending on the destructive material, they can be shot and destroyed from the other side by enemies once they're detonated. So of course they're mainly used against reinforced walls. You can use them against Castle's barricades too since they're bulletproof and can't be shot from the other side.

How do I go full cheeki breeki?

did drawfag deliver final product yet?

Unlock the operator Kapkan.

First, you get to see his video, which is the cheeki breekiest thing in the whole game.

As you may have noticed, it looks as if they just straight up fucking ripped a STALKER straight from the game and put him in Siege in the form of Kapkan. That being said, playing as him is more than enough.

Hello new friends

These two channels have stuff that could help you out:

Serenity17 for guides and analysis
youtube.com/watch?v=0Gd4KDJ7F1Y

MacieJay for rad-ass gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=TTl6G2REkZE

Holy fuck I'm doing this when I get home

Drawfriend did not deliver yet, but considering their level of skill, it's worth the wait. I mean, that .gif of birds pooping on IQ's legs was a work of true art!

That wasn't our drawfriend, ours is much better. Didn't you see the preview of IQ?

>That Fuze video

ANNNU CHEEKI BREEKI DOMVKA

>Serenity vs MacieJay in ranked

rip in pepperinos
youtube.com/watch?v=95GSPFHBWes

For maximum Kapkan cheeki breeki I also recommend doing this:

So how are you newfriends liking the game? I wonder what it's like from your perspective right now. First impressions?

why do i always have such a shitty fucking connection on this game.
it makes it horrible to play

Where do you live
What data center are you connected to? (You can check with F10, it says there)

Despite people thinking kapkan is the cheeky breekiest, nothing is more cheeky breeki than fuzing an hostage room.

This is about top tier spetznas as you can get and this is truly the cheekybreekyiest thing you could do
Just as you insert the clustercharge, say on all talk "A NU CUKY KURIT EST BLAT"
and then detonate and finish off with any classy russian one liners, or just crouch for a bit infront of the wall.

Maybe you're being connected to the wrong server?
During a match you can look at your menu to see what server you are connected to.
If it's too far away, there's a file you can edit to pick one manually.

i am connected to eus which i'm assuming is US east.
it says 39 but my connection in game is between 80-100 consistantly

You have absolutely no idea how happy I am that our Drawfriend took my suggestion and made it reality.

I got the game a few days before the grind version, but got it working straight after it was released. Do I count?

>that
>bad
Lol

being under 100 ping in this game is a-okay man.

80-100 ping is okay.
Don't worry, siege runs at 12 tick or something equally absurd., which is why it feels bad.
People have adapted and turned it into a mechanic believe it or not
"ITS A FEATURE"
fuck ubisoft

>tfw I play on eus with 125 ping to avoid the ruskis

it runs at 60 ticks (and if not that, 30, but I think it's 60)
peeker's advantage exists in every single shooter, this is not unique to siege

it sucks when i press tab and see people at 30

Without sounding like a loser or whatever, is there any unspoken rules about not giving Drawfriends gifts in appreciation for all the work they put into their art? Like I would be happy to toss them something on Steam/GoG/Amazon.

I hate ruskis a lot. Like a lot, like every chance I get I go on /k/ and undermine them in every argument possible level of hate.
But the guys in siege are okay, they are not cancerous. Instead it's people who don't even ping, people who seal you into the objective room, people who destroy surfaces you could fuze

Uh, not that I know of

Go right ahead man, that's just called being generous and an all around cool dude.

a commission is usually how people show appreciation while promoting an artist

What is unique to siege is making behind corner but then someone peeks just after you've gone there and shoots your bottocks off

artistfag here, it's insanely hard to earn money doing that shit. I've done drawfagging on Veeky Forums when I REALLY needed money hoping for someone to just be kind enough to atleast donate like a tenner. A lot of people were grateful, nobody else cared. Pic related, fuck /cgl/

My friend bought the game but it ALWAYS CRASHED FOR HIM TO DESKTOP AFTER A FEW MINUTES ON THE MENU

When he finds a game he also crashes right away

No error or anything.

Anyone know what this might be?

I'll see how much I can get together, if anything. I use to write OC/free fics for a few boards on Veeky Forums, and I suppose I have a soft heart for people who do this sort of thing for free. Currently waiting on the government to get shit in order so I get my money, so time will tell I guess./notmyblog

>CHEEKI BREEKI DOMVKA
I V DAMKEE, tovarishch

honestly we'd just be happy even with treefiddy. Even people noticing you, replying to the post and saying something is nice. Nothing hurts harder than pushing out OC that is high quality and you fucking know it and everyone fucking ignores it.

Had similiar problem, game would crash every time level was finished loading.

What fixed it temp was making uplay go offline.

After days of fucking about, I updated my BIOS and it worked fine, but crashed after games. Then I OC'd my CPU by 1.2ghz and now game runs okay other than some stuttering at first round start.

Basically the game is badly optimized and spikes the CPU with load randomly, even in menus. STart with graphics drivers and move onto updating BIOS and then update every fucking driver you find.

Before you do that try turning on borderless mode and vsync for 1 frame and disable uplay overlay

Shuhrat "The Savage of Samarkand" Kessikbayev is from Uzbekistan.

Does that make him any less cheeki?

Shouldn't be drivers since other games work for my friend and he also has a very good PC

I'll try some of that other stuff

If anyone else has any ideas post them

Thx man

No. If anything more cheeky.

Oh it is the drivers baby. Believe me, I haven't had a single problem for any game for ages.
Siege and all other ubishit games are really poorly optimized cause they hate PC.

Trust me, it's the fucking drivers and BIOS. My pc is decent and just runs everything I throw at it but siege was completely unplayable.

Also one of the things I heard for octopus processor people was to disable hyperthreading. I have a quad core so it wasn't related for me but might be for your friend.

post the "to allah's almighty throne image"

Alright man
Btw, by drivers, I'm assuming you mean the drivers for the GPU only?

Absolutely love that armor design. Very creative without being over the top. As for money, I'll see if I can. I really want to at the least. I'll think of something, hopefully. Anyway, at this point I'm not really posting anything Rainbow Six related, mostly just talking about paying or showing I appreciate someone doing a damn awesome art piece of my fetish.

GPU drivers, BIOS update, CPU drivers(updates or whatever if they exist)
Seriously, bios update fixed most of the problems for some reason.
If none of that work, try OC'ing a bit.
Your friend is going to have to walk through a lot of shit, trust me I've been there, but it's oh so worth it.

but spetnaz dont care about the hostage he is not a mudslime.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Y_eUbRdodA

Thanks and it's okay it's still r6g related. I'd like to do some OC myself but no time to draw, doing 3d to finish school. I'd like to do a mockup of pic related as siege operator

That's pretty awesome as well. I've been doing some OC writing bits based on Siege,but I'm reluctant to post them without a good amount of polish added to them. Even have a decent smutty female operator beach story, based on the suggestion one user gave to the drawfriends.

Allah bless you operator draw-friends

The sound design is great in this game, being a defender and hearing breaches and explosions from around the building is 2spooky.

Sound engine is interesting, it's a mechanic on it's own. Sound doesn't travel directly but instead moves down the corridors. Think of it as: If you hear gunfire, the direction you heard it from is the closest way to it.

Keep that in mind, it'll save you from stupid mistakes like mine
>be me, clutching
>1v1
>hear the jackass coming up stairs in the house, sit between handrail of main lobby and the wall of the room being renovated
>hear steps really close, think he might be behind the wall so I turn towards the other door of constructed room
>he comes up from behind and proceeds to go dresden on me

I can confirm. The way acoustics work in this game are amazing. They get it wonderfully right compared to real life most of the time

youtube.com/watch?v=fI4YfurxVZU

Bought the starter on PC to give it a try. I played on PS4 a lot, but it feels a lot smoother on PC.

sound tip: put a bullethole in window barricades so sound can travel through

Clever! That will start saving my ass. That's a really cool gamey twist on real life

Glad you think so, fellow operator. Have fun out there

It's not gamey, that's how sound works in real life as well. It takes the path of least resistance

Check out 4:18 here to see what I mean

Post DOS and DON'TS

>Turn v-sync on
>Capped at 30fps
>Turn it off
>60fps but screen tearing everywhere

I mean my rig is pretty decent, I just don't see why it caps me at 30 unlike battlefield or something. It makes reacting a pain in the ass

>DON'T
Fuze the hostage room

B O R D E R L E S S
Vsync off

you're welcome

>new BR operator in play testing

It'll still travel through windowboards because the collective gap between hastily boarded up window is way larger than a bullet hole. But glad to see a game put effort into sound design. I was so happy when ARMA did sound engine overhaul

DON'T put down all your castle walls in the first 10 seconds of pre match

DON'T sledge the surface when Fuze is about to

I knew what was going to happen and I wasn't dissapointed.

imagine you're an hostage, would you rather have SPETZNAS save you or her

thank you based user

up to 60fps fine now

>DO's
Save your drone in the prep phase. Find out where the objective is without necessarily having to spot it, everyone knows where the objs are when you're aware of their general direction

I see too many people suiciding their starting drone right into the enemy without realizing just how valuable it is to have 2 drones as an attacker during the actual match. Either hide them well or walk them right outside where you plan on approaching so you can either pick it up or use it right away

Communicate, use your microphone. There's nothing more frustrating than having cameras or drones in the exact right spots and having team mates that don't even tell you the info you need when you're the last man standing

U S E Y O U R D R O N E S before entering areas

>DON'TS
Kapkan trap castle barricades. It's likely they're going to get blown up by a breaching charge, rendering them useless

Make a lot of noise when everyone else is quiet

Shuffle around when you're holding an angle. They WILL hear you and figure out where your sorry ass is camping

Lock your team into Castle hell

Oh, well, in the game the barricades are treated as flat panels with no gaps of air. So that's the gamey bit, not the sound part

>DOS
let the roamers know what the fuck is going on and use c markers

The drone catapult is too exposed, assuming it's permenatly mounted. Will function better if retractable or maunted upon need.

THIS

If you're a pinpoint defender, let your roamer(s) know what the hell is going on, so that they can get behind the enemy's ass when they're pushing and you can hammer and anvil their entire team.

There's hardly a better feeling in this game than sneaking behind a group of 5 people with their backs turned to you and shotgunning them all before they can do anything about it.

Actually it's a good
>DON'T
spot the objective, because if the roamers get the info that you know, they will be less confused and will know where to hide.

Which can make it easier for you to hunt them down.
>tfw spotting objective and going in from the other end of the map to hunt down roamers

I think I designed it to be a scout vehicle for a video game. It's not meant to get hit or engage anything other than light vehicles and infantry in the first place

Uh...I've never felt any difference between when our team actually spotted the objective and when we didn't. We always knew where it was from general sound, reinforcements and enemies running to/from it

But I guess mileage will vary depending on clearance level

And by that I mean, roamers always behaved similarly, they were never confused, because they knew that we knew where the obj was anyway.

I'm at 25 and I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know maps like the back of my hand

I've always said that you only grasp the basics of the game when you're around level 50. It's a pretty steep learning curve but it's very rewarding when you know the ins and outs of all the maps, including cheeky destructible angles you can get on people, etc

Before you know the maps, you're quite literally a liability to the team

It might be a good idea to jump into a custom game by yourself to learn them and toy around with the destruction as Sledge, perhaps

>Getting people with Pulse's nitro cell from a floor below
>They start calling me a hacker despite Pulse having a fucking heart beat sensor and nitro cells not being hearable through walls, so they're the perfect traps

The newbie tears are too delicious

thanks.
I actually was hving more fun at the game before I started learning about the meta and the strats.

But when I have good games and go 6-0 MVP, I have fun.

Oh fuck nitro fucking cells
>be blitz
>push in airplane
>corner one enemy about to go in
>suddenly hear BEEP BEEP BEEP
>realize I'm stuck to airplane wall between a destructible wall and chairs
>sprint like the fist of god
>but die like a bitch

What's weird is that on my screen I made it to full sprint and cleared 3 chairs before I died but on killcam I just started sprinting.

Are you getting matched with newbies yourself, or is the matchmaking being terribad?

I hope it's at least fair most of the time

Is there a real counter to this strat?
It never happened to me, but still.

IQ for hard counter

Thatcher for preemptive EMP if you saw they have a pulse and suspect they will try doing this at one of the popular spots (like entering Visa room in consulate from the main outside door)

Map knowledge

Drones

Sometimes with normal people and decent teams who communicate and enemies do the same
Sometimes team is bunch of quiet guys who barricade themselves into the objective room, sledges who destroy all surfaces people could fuze and enemy is a party who destroys every camera before they're even seen there

Yeah, don't get caught.

IQ is literally the counter to so many things, I don't know why she's not being picked 99% of the time

>She can see Pulse, even if he doesnt have his gadget on
>She can see Valk cameras
>She can shoot out batteries, jammers, ADS and traps from behind walls and floors
>She has the supressed AUG, arguably the sexiest gun in the game
>Sanic 3 speed
>Cute german accent

What more can you possibly want

you forgot
>can literally see through smoke

Nah, they fixed this with the last patch I think, since they changed the way her gadget visibility works. It's just a blueish overlay now instead of what it once was

I did forget she can take out nitro cells from behind walls and floors also, among the other gadgets

And I'm gonna have to retire my claim that she can see Pulse even when his heartbeat sensor isn't on, I think this isn't actually true. She can definitely see him when he has the device out though, for sure

>take out nitro cells from behind walls and floors also, among the other gadgets
I think that's why no one picks IQ, because no one drops a nitro cell and just leaves it there. Nitro cells are mostly used as grenades

>no one drops a nitro cell and just leaves it there

You've been lucky not to encounter it then

I've honestly never encountered it. It is so loud it's only use is to snipe people through walls or use it as a grenade. Even smokes canisters are mostly used as grenades in my experience.

I'll start rolling IQ anyway later today. Need a break from my fuze/blitz or rook/jäeger roaming

>put a nitro cell over a doorway
>shields are now scared to go in

>It is so loud
That's the thing. You can't hear it from behind a wall or floor.

>Smoke canisters as grenades
Oh man you've been missing out. There are some incredibly cheeky spots where if you hide a smoke canister and detonate it at just the right time (hopefully with the aid of a Valkyrie camera), they literally can't get out and you might get 1-3 people