/simg/ - Vehicle Simulation Games General

Previous sortie: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

/fsg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997
Or whatever is on the group's profile

BMS download links
mega.nz/#!0BlTkazA!VUwoKAzavtJ3qIUy7lEF8D8MFjbI_Si-r6nwC3wQZYQ
mediafire.com/folder/54569phfy8au7/BMS4.33_setup
e-haf.org/PublicFTP/320/BMS_4.33/Falcon_BMS_4.33_U1_Setup.zip

Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

Silent Hunter 3 pastebin:
pastebin.com/jNSvhFfY

Dangerous Waters pastebin:
pastebin.com/qvxk755r

FPSchazly's Dangerous Waters tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSvzqNmdX71x2COOyM-p2qHIpRNOvpGQ

Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Example of welcome sims:
Falcon BMS
DCS World
Rise of Flight
IL-2
Combat Helo
Microsoft Flight Simulator
X-Plane
Euro truck sim
Assetto Corsa
rFactor 2
Live for Speed
SAM Simulator
Steel Beasts Pro
Steel Armor: Blaze of War
Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
Silent Hunter
Train Simulator
Farming Simulator 2015

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm* 3
Ac* Combat
W*r Thunder
World of ____

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WRUQ1osydFg
youtube.com/watch?v=RmPrp0Rg9aw
subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225
youtube.com/watch?v=UKZjWT-i_Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=xISpZYajveA
youtu.be/BAFf0uQuRRE
avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=829
imgur.com/a/uSucx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BLOHM

OBSOLETE AIRCRAFT
B
S
O
L
E
T

A
I
R
C
R
A
F
T

3rd for best plane

The warthog, but waiting for the gunfighter base.

Sry I posted the wrong picture.

Fuck off, you're not me

It's not the sexiest Mig-21 though.

What makes the Gunfighter base better than the Warthog one?

The mechanism is made out of metal.

BMS ops WHEN

Cry harder slavboo. Here is your "best plane" LMAO.

youtube.com/watch?v=WRUQ1osydFg

Metal gimbal with separate axis springs. Plus it's not a retarded design that causes friction.

what patch?

The HSIE patcher for the exe.

youtube.com/watch?v=RmPrp0Rg9aw

>that one vatnik/slavboo defending anything russian in the comments
This fucking delusion

link?
couldn't find in pastebin

Nigga can you read?

>HSIE's hardcoded fixes, consists mostly in realism adjustments and features missing from the base game. Follow the instructions to the fucking letter, and before fiddling with it read Stiebler4A_V16B1's documentation as well (and yes, it werks even with non-legit versions of SH3).
>subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225

oh shit
didn't read that part

Gunfighter looks noice for ww2 plens, post pics and review when it arrives.

You forgot your anime picture.

>The KG12 Grip is currently under development and when produced it can be placed on the Gladiator Pro or Gunfighter base or the base of other manufacturers such as the Warthog™ or Cougar™ by Thrustmaster™ with an included adapter.
>The original KG12 stick found in WWII aircraft had only four (4) buttons, but our stick will have a total of twelve (12) buttons.
I only see a (possibly two stage) trigger, the pinky switch and two hat sticks. Are those roosters counting the hat switches as buttons?

>It will ship with an included extension
Nice.

>The planned availability schedule of the products above is as follows:
>Gladiator – Q4 2015
>Gladiator Pro – Early Q1 2016
>Gladiator Plus – Q2 2016
>Gladiator Pro Plus – Q2 2016
>Gunfighter Mk.1 – Q1 2016
>none of these have been released yet
VKB, please.

How do you fucken do this???

>Mig-25, fired an R-40 missile, shooting down one of the F/A-18's as it was travelling Mach 0.92.

Westaboos on suicide watch.

I bet that even the Living Silent Hunter 3 documentation has links to that page.

4chanx or the inbuilt extension, one of the two. Probably.

check

that already included in LHS?
also did that, nothing changed

Here's my hot rod :3

>he didn't watch Top Gun
Everyone look at him and laugh.

Factory original. No mods. 5+ Years and going strong.

Sadly anything communist is too poor to afford a camera. Would love to see the footage.

youtube.com/watch?v=UKZjWT-i_Hk

Open JGSME. Remove LSH3-2015__Patch_HSIE-V16B1. If you do that and SH3 starts working, consider going back to school. If it still crashes, go nag the author on subsim.

How does it feel?

>I only see a (possibly two stage) trigger, the pinky switch and two hat sticks. Are those roosters counting the hat switches as buttons?
Yes. It's a single stage trigger a pinkie button and a button on top. Historically where the hat is there was a pickle button (on some models), that button is now an 8 way hat with a centre push.

It feels stiff like my dick.

Which is a pro when I'm banging your mom.

Got em

>planes and mercs DCS

And it's already becoming completely retarded,

Copy paste the thread URL, I think the built in extension automatically shortens it (it works for me, but I use 4chanx).
The classic way is to type >>
followed by the thread number if it's on the same board.

>there are people right now who don't think the MiG-21 is aesthetically pleasing as fuck

Shaking my head to be quite honest familia.

That's a very long extension, doesn't it make the springs feel really weak?

Yeah but you don't go by real prices since they're dependent on politicing and the size of military orders.

youtube.com/watch?v=xISpZYajveA

>you will never waste a couple of millions in a single training session
Why even live?

Not only that, it's suppose to be fictional, and any reality where mercs would have modern planes galore, would be a reality where planes would be very cheap.

This is no extension. The gimbal is designed to be floor mounted with the shaft and springs to match.

Seems to be stiff enough
youtu.be/BAFf0uQuRRE

Yep. As I said countless times, mercs having to pay for the planes was merely a way of making sure that they wouldn't fall in the hands of shitters.

I never heard of that manufacturer before, and google doesn't seem to bring up anything relevant.

The guy hasn't registered anywhere as a manufacturer just yet. Still he's pretty popular on russian sim forums.

Oh now I remember, he also makes those Bf109 style pedals that VKB discontinued, right?

avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=829

He does. I've got a pair of those as well.

I was expecting it to be more expensive.

Are you the same person as the video in ?

By the way, VKB mentioned that the gunfighter might accept other sticks in the future, did they post anything about those? At least pictures? The KG42 stick looks fine for IL-2, maybe even overkill, but it seems not to have nearly enough buttons for DCS and BMS.

>DCS
>Dynamic campaign, or the ability to save state (I know you can have a rudimentary version by using replays but 99% of the time, especially when fast forwarding, it breaks)
>Built-in addon manager and a non-shit repository for mods that's pruned of dogshit or actually navigable
>Legacy aircraft that were promised multi-crew in advertising actually getting it
>Them working out how to have map selection in the engine and not having two separate installs for two maps
>Contemporary attack helicopter with chin turret
>Game actually supporting heat maps rather than just using greyscale of the regular textures
>Better animation support and the ability to model and animate passengers in transport helicopters
>God damn motherfucking biplane or my planefu the Super Tucano

WHEN

>Legacy aircraft that were promised multi-crew in advertising actually getting it
Wasn't the TF-51 supposed to get multicrew?

Play BMS

>as well as of the manga/anime series Area 88.

Please no.

Isn't is just a single seat civilian variant of the P-51? (no idea if it exists in real life or if it's just an excuse to use a neutered version of the P-51 for advertising purposes, might be based on a civilian or racing version, idk)

Haven't even flown it or set up my axis because I already own the P-51, so don't really know.

That faggot Greg never wants to play with me despite being the one who talked me into installing it again.

>save state
That'd be neat as fuck for making missions on the fly, assuming that the people in the server are patient enough and the mission designer is fast.

>no shit netcode
>no dedicated servers
>no proper missiles
>no proper ATC
>no proper comms
>no proper timeline
Wew lad, you forgot quite some things, thank god you have people to remind you how shit DCS is right?

Yeah, he should totally play BMS if he wants contemporary attack helicopters with chin turret. Or biplanes. Or the Super Tucano.

As far as I know it's real and it has 2 or 4 M2s. It'd be great if it had multiseat, as it would be a solid free trainer, good for teaching shitters how to flip switches, how to fly, etc.

What.

>the ability to save state
There's a mod for that.

If you mean saving a snapshot of a mission and exporting it to the editor anyway.

>talking to yourself

>Are you the same person as the video in
I kinda am.

>VKB mentioned that the gunfighter might accept other sticks in the future, did they post anything about those?

They will sertainly make warthog adapters for the gunfighter like they did for their Black Mamba.
As for other sticks, they'll consider making adapters provided there'd be enough demand for sertain models. There were no pics. I just read it somewhere on il-2 forum.

>They will sertainly make warthog adapters for the gunfighter like they did for their Black Mamba.
>As for other sticks, they'll consider making adapters provided there'd be enough demand for sertain models. There were no pics. I just read it somewhere on il-2 forum.
I know that, what I was asking is if VKB will produce other grips themselves, such as the Su-34 style grip used in the Black Mamba. I'm asking that because I'd rather not waste money on a Warthog stick just for the grip if I can help it.

Theadly reminder that nothing nice ever happens.

What did Matt mean when he said they added an addiction to the Caucasus map? What did they add?

they expanded it

Yeah but what did they add? Crimea? Chechnya? Part of T*rkey?

Crimea, we don't know about the rest.

I hope it's free though.

Has that been confirmed?

>I was asking is if VKB will produce other grips themselves
They will. They answered affimative to that question a few times already.
First - gunfigter (gimbal+extension+plastic KG12), second - metal KG12, third - PAK-FA stick. Both sticks will be compatible with gunfighter. However I think it's gonna be a couple of years or so till we see some progress on modern fighter stick.

> PAK-FA stick

AYYYYYYYYYY
WUT?

Forgot the pics. The end result should look somewhat similar.

>PAK-FA
What? Never heard of it?

Nice.

who are the shitters that have been banned from TS? i'd love to laugh at the names i recognize

No one.

Nobody, I think that post was just internet tough-guy JUSTan Armstrong flexing his mod-muscles.

Kerri
One of the BMSfags from r*ddit

>REDFOR cheating on Blue Flag with clear evidence presented
>instead of banning the filth they say its "server desync"
Quality community there DCS fags.

>DCS video using movie audio for DRAMA
>SA-3 site launches at a blackhawk
>SA-3 hits blackhawk
>"AW SHIET COBRA 1 IS DOWN!!!"
>Blackhawk is intact
>Flies away with literally no scratches
>Video just cuts to credits

Quality sim

I don't think you know how these things work.

also

>caring about blueflag

Go back to your mostly guesswork and fapping to anime.

>I don't think you know how these things work.
Is this a new meme?

Here have some evidence:
imgur.com/a/uSucx

Surely its a netcode problem.

>Is this a new meme?
No i'm just tierd of the rampant idiocy.

>imgur.com/a/uSucx

That's for clearly showing you have absolutely no idea how these things work.

>Surely its a netcode problem.
Yes it actually is, you have no idea how networking in games works and that this is a common DCS occurrence, so please just kill yourself, or leave the thread, either is fine.

Post the most

A E S T H E T I C

Airplane picture you have

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself.

>it's another "retarded burgernigger tries to shit up the thread" episode

Kill yourself.