/hbg/

I can't get this shit right edition
Last thread
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Plutoo Released Freakyhax more info on his twitter.
mobile.twitter.com/qlutoo?lang=en
Get FreakyForms before it gets Cubic Ninja'd
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-New Luma update lads. Get it here: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v5.5
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for original 3DS only. For details see Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>Vita
Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
gbatemp.net/threads/release-three-stage-2.429303/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have a N3ds with GW both sysnand and emunand on 9.0.0.0-20 E and GW. Been using Nintendo DS profile to get to emunand.

Can I keep playing old games with this method or do I have to upgrade stuff? Think Gateway was on 2.4.3.

Don't wanna go through hax stages because I don't wanna spend hours to set up to it. I just wanna play newer the games and if I can play it on GW I don't mind using it.

Should I just update GW and possibly Emunand?

What exploit do i need to run before i can use Loadiine on my wii u?

Hey guys, can you install DS/GBA games onto a hacked 3DS? I told my friend about how easy 3DS's are to hack and he won't stop asking me for "advice" about it even though I told him I don't know shit about it besides what he can Google himself.
he's the kind of person who thinks that ".zip" is technobabble, should he even try this?

No.

user, I'm gonna be as nice as possible.
DITCH THE GATEWAY
The whole hacking process is really not that hard or scary, and in the end you're gonna end up with a KICKASS Nintendo 3DS

Just wondering what to do now.

I have Luma3DS booting from CTR.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Looking at this. But pretty lost desu.

You can install GBA games. The .CIA needs to be installed on both EmuNAND and SysNAND, and the game needs to be launched from EmuNAND.

>yfw even gateway wants you using a9lh now
just do it user, follow plailect's guide and then do this shit after you've finished part 5: gbatemp.net/threads/release-three-stage-2.429303/

But I'm a lazy fuck and I don't care about slight improvements of performance or online play.

So I was playing SMT4 Final and got to 6/8 Moon and pic related happened. It's just fantastic, I say with a very sarcastic tone.

rubber literally disintegrated when I moved left with my character, it also smells like a 100 year old rubber

then yes, just update gateway and update emunand

non-a9lh gateway can't run gba vc nor retroarch emus though, kek

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

STARTING FUCKING PART 4

If you think about it its way better to hace A9LH, you could lose the Gateway and your shit is lost forever. With A9LH you cant lose anything, and if you lose your micro/sd you just have to copy paste a back up to a new memory

gay

a9lh can run gba?

>hace
Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement

Aishite imasu, smug animu girl-chan

Checks out.

My cover has been blown.

>why should I switch to Luma
>I'm on rxTools 2.6, is it safe to update emuNAND?
>what is a9lh
>it just werks xD
please read

Is the Loadliine guide in the pastebin up to date?

Just making sure before i get started

even if it didn't, you can use both luma sys and gateway sys

pic related, it's me running JPN sys, ENG emu, and GW JPN sys (X+Y) on boot

use a flat button and glue that fucker in or buy a circle pad pro and replace the sticks OR google if they have the spare part for cheaper on amazon

two things:
- I meant to say USA emu
- Sorry for the nasty .webm res, too lazy to find out why it's shit and re-render the entire video while keeping it under 3mb for Veeky Forums

Tbh I have no idea what luma sys is.

Do I have to upgrade my Gateway, Emunand before I do the guide?

Pls guys. I wanna be cool like you guys.

You expect meming autist to read this instead of shitposting? Let them be on rxtool so we can see them bitch a moan later on how it suddenly doesn't work anymore on whatever fw they throw

Good luck, it's not that bad.

So how does i switch from rx to luma? I'm not using a9lh by the way, just standard emunand

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/

LumaCFW is a CFW, formerly known as AuReiNand, which is a mod of another CFW called ReiNand. It's a free CFW that is on-par (if not, better) than RxTools, still gets updated, and is one of the most noob-friendly CFWs available today

Sys refers to SysNand and Emu refers to EmuNand. Luma Sys is "Running Luma on SysNand"

Normally, you'd think that's dangerous. However, with A9LH, it hacks the console before the OS even boots up, so you can run shit like Decrypt9 to restore a NAND.bin to sysnand even if you accidentally bricked/updated it.

No, you only have to update your DS Profile/Menuhax exploit so you use A9LH instead. You can do that by starting from Part 3 of this guide: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)

Make a backup of your entire SD card (and GW emunand) before you do any of this, though.

>i quoted the same person twice, answering the two parts of their post separately
ok

some other things to note:
- After you get your OTP.bin near the end of part 4, when it tells you to restore your emunand, restore your GW emunand backup instead of emunand_initial. Then, just go ahead and follow part 5 and the other guide user linked
- Once you do this, you should only ever update sysnand through Sys Luma System Settings, and never through Gateway: Updating through Sys Gateway's System Settings WILL brick AND uninstall A9LH, but is otherwise safe to use on SysNand.

Does it affect anything on my 3ds? Like deleting things, etc?

Dear /hbg/.

How long does the whole procedure from listed 3DS guide usually take, assuming that everything would work as intended and tries in case of unstable elements wont be more often than 5?

What parts have to be absolutely done in one go (aka, sitting in front of your 3DS for whole time, without break to sleep/eat/whatever) in order to avoid bricking?

How faster is just taking steps 1-3?

Thanks for replies, like always.

Nah. You keep your EmuNAND. Just change your CFW.

I did it literally 10 minutes ago. There was no noticable difference for me, and there probably wont be for you.

But having the latest shit is good.

Your 3DS isn't going to explode if you don't do it all in one sitting user. It usually just takes one shot if you follow the instructions to the letter and aren't a retard. Steps 1-3 isn't much faster than just doing the entire thing.

>How long does the whole procedure from listed 3DS guide usually take, assuming that everything would work as intended and tries in case of unstable elements wont be more often than 5?
3-5 hours for the average user, bit longer for noobs, and like half an hour for the more experienced who skip steps (HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING)

>What parts have to be absolutely done in one go (aka, sitting in front of your 3DS for whole time, without break to sleep/eat/whatever) in order to avoid bricking?
Part 4 in its entirety should be done in a single sitting. Make an entire folder on your computer dedicated to hacking that specific 3DS, and never share that folder with any other 3DS or you could accidentally mix/match files (very bad)

>How faster is just taking steps 1-3?
About an hour or two, I think. Part 4's the thing that takes like 3-4 hours by itself.

If you don't care about your current data on your system, you can format it to (probably) make the downgrade more likely to work.

Then is it smarter to ditch GW after I install Luma and a9lh?

Don't see the point of GW after installing CFW onto n3ds itself

Why would you get rid of GW when you install something that lets you use both?
Going from GW to base CFW is inconvenient as hell.

>But having the latest shit is good.
>not using a9lh
>enjoy being a peasant, menuhaxfag

pretty much, unless you care about their cheats feature and .3ds/.3dz shit... except you can still use gateway with your a9lh setup, so you might as well just use it

otherwise you'll have to re-download all your GW games as .cia, install them, then move your saves over before you can actually sell the damn thing itself. note that .cias will use your system header to play online instead of embedded headers in the .3ds/.3dzs, so do so at your own risk

This is what my SD card looks like.

What can I delete to tidy shit up without breaking stuff.

time for /dreamhax/
post shit you think could be cool but isn't worked on and propably never will as it's either stupid or impossible

reverse uncart
>allows you to write to cartridges
>3DS can install .nds and other formats
>basically turns any physical game into a flashcart

Can i still use ntr with luma?

I don't play a lot of online because it was impossible for me to do without that header shit.

What good games came out in last 6 months? Wonder if they will work with 9.0.0.0-20 CW Emunand

>pretty much, unless you care about their cheats feature and .3ds/.3dz shit... except you can still use gateway with your a9lh setup, so you might as well just use it
>otherwise you'll have to re-download all your GW games as .cia, install them, then move your saves over before you can actually sell the damn thing itself. note that .cias will use your system header to play online instead of embedded headers in the .3ds/.3dzs, so do so at your own risk
oh and, note that you'd then be using your system's sd card instead of the gw sd to store all your games, so you should take that into consideration if your gw sd is considerably higher than your system sd (after you install a9lh, move emu to sys, then delete emu, you can easily move stuff over by copying all your files over to the other card... make sure it's formatted as FAT32 or the 3ds won't read it)

I'm trying to do a system update for redNAND but I'm getting this error message:

"An error has occurred. Unable to update.

The system will now be restarted."

What do?

Yes. You'll need to update it tho.

Look at the very end of the guide, doofus.

inject redNAND backup
are you using Reinand?

try updating rednand with profi200's sysupdater (google) using an 11.0 update pack for your model/region

alt. check if you have tubehax enabled, internet connection's good... but sometimes that can happen too (i forgot why, but there was a reason for it...)

headers are really easy to manage honestly, it's just the fact you have to steal them from offline-based games you buy yourself so they're "private"-ly yours.

but nobody really gives a shit about using their system header, so you can just play online with .cias anyway: nintendo hasn't done anything about this in the past 3 years or so

i don't think they bricked, i think they just can't update. i've had that issue before, but i can't remember why it happens. iirc waiting for like a day before updating fixed it, but i'm sure there's a much better solution out there

Anyone for the second part of this question?

too lazy to check if they work on 9.2 gw emu but:

- 7th dragon
- Bravely Second
- Triforce Heroes
- ... actually, that's all I've been playing. RPGs are long and TFH has a really high replay value (to me, at least)
- Soon: Zero Escape 3 (ZTD)

.. of course, i have no idea what your gaming tastes are

>i think they just can't update
when I was on Reinand I remember that not writing to firm actually gave me an error when I tried updating with cakes on the frankenfirmware
it's propably not needed but injecting the clean emuNAND and trying again seems smoother to me
but you're still right, might just be a fucked internet connection or some shit like that

What happened to Mario Sunshine getting released for n3ds?

Walküre no Bōken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu dump when?

What? I've never heard about that (and I was just listing those games off the top of my head. There's probably more but I'd have to check. Ask /v/ or /nintyg/ or something)

So basically better to reserve whole day for this procedure? Thanks.

>Make an entire folder on your computer dedicated to hacking that specific 3DS

I only have one anyway, so I dont think it would matter...

>If you don't care about your current data on your system, you can format it to (probably) make the downgrade more likely to work.

I actually do. I have saves for two games and Nintendo ID. Could those be transfered to CFW running console after whole thing?

I'm also getting this error. I'm at the end of part 3 of Plailect's. Anyone have any ideas?

>I actually do. I have saves for two games and Nintendo ID. Could those be transfered to CFW running console after whole thing?
Just attempt the downgrade on that system: A softbrick forces you to update to latest firm to fix it. A system transfer forces you to update to latest firm too.

If you DID softbrick and wanted a hacked console with your data, buy another 3ds, hack it, system transfer OFW 11.0 to hacked CFW 11.0 on the other 3ds, then sell your initial 3ds and continue with your data on the hacked one.

>Launch the Health and Safety Application (which is now FBI)
>Navigate to SD then PlaiSysUpdater.cia and press A to install

I must do this on RedNAND or on SysNAND?

>buy another 3ds

Costly solution.

Also no, you can't hardbrick

Read again. They have nothing to lose attempting to downgrade their current console, only being forced to update to latest firm if it fails. No hardbricks.

pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD

Is this everything i need to enjoy dank wii u piracy?

Thanks for the reply, but I can't find the 11.0 update.

mega:///#F!IApGwLJL!kYHL5jMlDfd0rmn6a8DaFw

This is outdated. Any help?

Did you inject the .app to sysNAND or redNAND?
You can do it bro, which H&S is still H&S and which one is FBI?

maybe you could try getting the most recent update from there, update to whatever it is, then attempt updating with system settings again? Just make sure you get the proper n3ds-o3ds-region pack or you may brick

Im using one of those cheap, possibly fake R4 cards, I've never had any problems with this before, but I'm trying to change the default skin, but the background image appears skewed when the top screen should appear like the attached picture.
Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be? Maybe to do with the file type?

I've broken down and I'm going to buy an R4I SDHC for that forwarding power. Where did you guys buy your R4i? I want to make certain I get the right one and not a ripoff.

>All variations of sysUpdater, not just PlaiSysUpdater, has a very small chance of causing a "soft brick" once the downgrade is complete and the device reboots. This will cause the system to boot directly to the Nintendo error screen instructing users to power off the device.

>The reason for this is unknown, but can be prevented by performing a system format before downgrading. It seems to happen very often on systems with ambassador status or who have DSiWare installed.

Stupid question but can I just delete any DSiWare/ambassador stuff to avoid this?

no

Here's what it looks like on the actual system.

I don't know, I just follow the guide...
I'm about to downgrade to 2.1, I'm scared

I switch to luma but when i try to booted it up from hbl it says luma3ds.dat is missing, does i need to copy the .dat file too? As gbatemp doesn't told anything about copying the .dat file

Anyone?

.3dsx boot needs dat
a9lh needs arm9loaderhax.bin

The downgrade isn't scary. It's still on emuNAND. you're safe
the scary part is the rest of part 4 :^)
godspeed my child

already has been answered
>shitty internet connection
>tubehax dns
>CFW blocks firm updates

Internet connections stable, no tubehax, Plailect's says otherwise.

I set everythings up but it's only show me a blackscreen when launching luma, does it need several tries or i did something wrong?

I tried changing the image size but it just appeared more skewed as it got larger and still skewed but in a different way when smaller, maybe there's a jackpot perfect size?

Are you using Luma?
Are you downloading files?
I once couldn't update as my PS4 was downloading GBs of gamepatches.

The first time launching it is kinda shitty as the menu doesn't like to boot
try holding select while booting and you should be able to get into the luma config
apply your patches and press start

Yeah, luma, the most recent version. Nothing else is utilizing my home network, i've checked everything relevant from my router's end, and i've tried using both auto DNS settings and googles public DNS on my 3ds before updating.

Occasionally the progress bar moves a little bit at the start of the update before erroring out a minute or two later.

I donwloaded Rayman Legends for loadiine but I noticed that it doesn´t have a meta folder (only code and content folders), is this a problem?

Okay i use menuhax to boot luma instead and it works but ntr is bust, which ntr should i use anyway? I use shadow ntr anyway while using rxtools

That shouldn't be the case.
How many times have you tried so far?
But I don't think it's because of the emuNAND itself.

???th for crushed dreams

Soo, what can I do now with my 3ds after a sucessfull install of arm9loaderhax?

20ish times. The homebrew irc suggested I try reinstalling my rednand from the backup, and that didnt have any success.

Is it possible the downgrade failed in some way?

github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
just realized I'm using 3.4 for both n3DS and o3DS
will try switching to 3.2 on o3DS
you just need the firmware.bin from part 3 in your /luma/ folder

usually when downgrades fail you can't even create an emuNAND/run unsigned CIAs so I don't think that's it
have you tried using PlaySysUpdater?

I have not.

Could someone point me to the most recent u n3ds update pack?

Thank you user, it works again. At last i can escape completely from rxtools grasp.

Okay, so I'm at the step where I try to use svdt to back up my save games before doing a system format. But certain games will just give me a yellow screen and not back up anything. Is there any way to fix this?

Z T D W H E N

>Z T D
June 28

Give it to me straight /hbg/

When Generations hits the US will I be able to transfer my save over from MHX? If so, how? With a hex editor, or will it be harder? Will it be easier?

What's the consensus.

Nobody can know if someone with the skills will make a transfer tool. It was done by hand with 4G, but that was somewhat ahead of the explosion of popularity of 3DS CFW.

I think this time they actually changed some shit and didn't just translate it.
Also someone has to make the tool.