Dead by Daylight General

/v/ threads keeps getting pruned edition.
Also first Veeky Forums Dead by Daylight general edition.

General info here: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Get beta acces here: beta.deadbydaylight.com/ after 6pm local time.
Official site here: deadbydaylight.com/
Steam store here: store.steampowered.com/app/381210/
Now 10% off until release on 14 june, buying now gets two beta keys for friends and one for yourself but only if you buy the Deluxe edition.

Also, need some help for gathering more info for a decent general info post.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FE58REXD
youtube.com/watch?v=hEZWA8e9JEE
pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
beta.deadbydaylight.com/
deadbydaylight.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/381210/
imgur.com/a/E99j5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>0 replies
>page 10

ded game. Also does the beta page has music or just some "bangs"? I hear a lot of bangs, but nothing happens.

Na, somehow a thread on /v/ isn't deleted.

If the music starts there is a key waiting for you.

sut

I'll give this a bump so I have somewhere else to lurk for a 'save me' link

bump

Why is the beta page not opening up even though it's past 6pm here? It still gives me the error page to wait for the night.

What do you mean? you get the DNS not found page or something different?

Yeah.

It's based on geolocation of your IP. So are you using a proxy or VPN, that might intervene.

Anyone planning on getting the full release? What are the odds it'll go full Payday Jew?

Seems they removed the microtransations in payday 2 so i am not to worried.

Here's some of the stuff you'll see in the full release, looks like a fucking trainwreck with all the minor issues being exemplified in the full game.

pastebin.com/FE58REXD

Overkill bought payday 2. Thats why.

So basically you're going to have to cheat to not get destroyed

About to jump in for the first time.
Please be gentle.

Never

just reposting my video for dem views

youtube.com/watch?v=hEZWA8e9JEE

why are people such pussies the minute they fuck up pa skill check and it makes the noise they shit the bed and leg it.

Well then.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

If a killer cant find anyone then they will head right to you.

>trainwreck
well that's disappointing i was looking forward to this game

Dead By Daylight General #

Shit just got real edition

>What is Dead By Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve lmao
It's not. Evolve has a circular objective, where hunters go after the monster and the monster goes after hunters. The survivors have to avoid ANY contact with the killer in order to win. They CANNOT hurt him.

>Release date
Beta ends june 12th, full game releases june 14th

>Latest patch
Beta Update 48_214148

* CRASH FIX: Possible crash in HUD code while In-Game

* FIX: Survivors sometimes losing pips when they should gain them

* BALANCE: Updated Score Database

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked, and even tips and tricks:
pastebin.com/DDddy4uE

Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels:
pastebin.com/FE58REXD

I tried?

I'm a pessimist but the beta will still be up for a week so maybe they'll rebalance shit. Maybe.

I mean no matter what size their QA team is the open beta will always give more insight and I hope they won't go full jew and shoot themselves in the foot because we've seen first hand what happens if you treat your playerbase like shit (Evolve).

Oh, guess we should also have a short tag.

[DBD] is my suggestion.

>I tried?
Pic related.
Good job, bb.

Except none of this shit is even visible to players right now.

The rank one perks, as they are now, seem fine. When you triple their effectiveness with upgraded versions, they become absolutely insane.

In addition, the full game won't have the item shortages that the beta has. Everyone will be running toolboxes, which means there will never be a hook for the killer to use.

Newfriend spotted. Hello plebbit!
It should be /dbdg/.

nigger, you've been to reddit more than me, i can guarantee you that.

They are going to nerf toolboxes hard. I guarantee it.

They've been pushing patches a few times a day.

Should be Dead by Daylight General /dbdg/.
Apart from that, very decent.

Forget the naming convention once, be branded forever.

;-;

Toolboxes will probably be nerfed, official forums, steam forum, subplebbit and our korean basket weaving chat seems to agree.

As for the perks, both sides will be able to upgrade them. I feel like there should be some kind of progression because games without it lose playerbase fast, people will say they already seen/got everything there is to see/get, get bored and leave. Devs often panic when this happens and go full retard, further damaging their game.

But that's it for playing devil's advocate, we will have to wait and see.

Then don't act like a complete plebeian.
And I've been to plebbit exactly two times, one on mistake, so good luck with that, bub.

Never been to reddit, so there's that.
And just stop. You're cringeworthy right now.

Also add something like this for 'how to get early access':
Get beta acces here: beta.deadbydaylight.com/ after 6pm local time.
Official site here: deadbydaylight.com/
Steam store here: store.steampowered.com/app/381210/
Now 10% off until release on 14 june, buying now gets two beta keys for friends and one for yourself but only if you buy the Deluxe edition.

we Veeky Forums now?
the cancer begins

>both sides will be able to upgrade them
This doesn't justify them. The endgame here is very clear, it's survivors who can detect killers from miles away and to a specific direction, while destroying hooks even without toolboxes and healing themselves without medkits.

The killers, on the other hand, turn invisible in 3 seconds, insta-down anyone if an exit gate is open, can see the survivors for 6 whole seconds when they activate all the generators, and know whenever they're within 30 meters of a survivor.

All this leads to a game that's completely unplayable for newcomers past the first week, and very long, drawn out games where the killer winds up just downing everyone because he has no hooks to use.

>You're cringeworthy right now.
Funny thing, your mum said the same thing to me but that didn't stop her from giving me a good succ.

That's way fuckin better and as an added plus you probably would have posted it without a nametag which means people wouldn't have autohidden the thread.

/dbdg/ Dead By Daylight General #

I wrote all this shit and i all i have for it is bullying edition

>What is Dead By Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>Release date
Beta ends june 12th, full game releases june 14th

>Latest patch
Beta Update 48_214148

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked
ALSO HOW TO GET INTO BETA
pastebin.com/DDddy4uE

Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels:
pastebin.com/FE58REXD

Official site : deadbydaylight.com/
Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/381210/

Better?

One glimpse at the Veeky Forums catalog should give you a basic idea how that's done.
You could've prevented it.

but it was ONE THING

ONE THING

You're right.
Dirty Bomb does perks right because they're very small bonuses, this shit right here sounds insane.

Forgot to mention that with a co-ordinated team and a rare item that isn't actually that rare, you can literally get 5 generators in around 30 seconds. Everyone rushes the first one, then they use the gear and a toolbox to instantly repair a second. 4 survivors means 4 instant generators.

From the beta stuff, I assumed the perks were going to all be fairly small. Sure, there's stuff like insidious, but you have to stand still for 6 seconds, it's a big time waste. With the upgraded version, that's down to 3 seconds.

Too late now.
It was always too late.
/pol/ was right, again.

Half those perks aren't even real so. He's also conveniently leaving out the drawbacks to them.

People using mics can get around insidious because they can just tell the others if the big guy is camping near the hook.

Also, I think it would be a neat idea to trigger the heartbeat in the basement no matter if the killer is close, it's a cursed place and would add to the paranoia.

All of those perks are real, and some of them have very minor drawbacks which are indicated. Tell me which one you don't believe the most and I'll fucking screenshot it for you.

Still not directly HOW TO GET BETA.
You know we have a lot of stupid fucks on Veeky Forums that return every once in a while when a newish game releases that don't know how to google and only bump the thread with useless replies. Have a little bit of info for the complete and utter retards so they don't fuck over the threads.

>Beta info
Get beta access from keys by helping someone within 30 minutes with a link posted by them.
Go to beta.deadbydaylight.com/ after 6pm local time and wait for the music.
Buy the Deluxe edition store.steampowered.com/app/381210/ with 10% off and get 3 beta keys.

Just adding that would make it fine for now.

Time to set up a keyboard macro for 2000 space bar presses. :^)

There's no room. copy it if you will and work it in there, but i'm out of ideas. Don't see the point in making two posts about a thing that's gone in a week.

You know that hitting spacebar to struggle doesn't really do anything, right? You just have to tap it at a reasonable pace to keep the bar going at a normal pace, and if you let go you die instantly. Hitting it faster doesn't make you live any longer.

So if you don't have Payday the Deluxe edition is pretty fucking shit, is it not?

Even if you do, it's trash. They could have at least included the first DLC killer or something.

Oh.

/dbdg/ Dead by Daylight General #

I wrote all this shit and i all i have for it is bullying edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>Beta info
Beta ends june 12th, full game releases june 14th.
Get beta access from keys by helping someone within 30 minutes with a link posted by them.
Go to beta.deadbydaylight.com/ after 6pm local time and wait for the music.
Buy the Deluxe edition store.steampowered.com/app/381210/ with 10% off and get 3 beta keys, 20% if you have PAYDAY 2.

>Latest patch
Beta Update 48_214148

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

How's this?

>replying with oh
STOP

Ooops.

works for me.

>> it's survivors who can detect killers from miles away and to a specific direction
45 degree cone, 12/24/36 meters depending on level, 60/45/30 second cooldown.

>>while destroying hooks even without toolboxes
Didn't see this one in the files at all.

>>and healing themselves without medkits.
at 20/30/40% the speed of regular healing

>>The killers, on the other hand, turn invisible in 3 seconds
You don't "turn invisible" you stop having a terror presence, you are still fully 100% visible and even have the red vision shit in front of your face, you just stop feeding heartbeats/spooky music until you move again. Also 6/4.5?/3 seconds

>>insta-down anyone if an exit gate is open
This is legit but if the exit gate is fucking open you've probably already lost so this is kind of a shit perk desu.

>>can see the survivors for 6 whole seconds when they activate all the generators
It's 3/4/6 seconds, and again, they've activated all the fucking generators. It's to give you one last hurrah as you blitz down one surv if you even can.

>>and know whenever they're within 30 meters of a survivor.
This is 12/24/36 meters, and you get "spooky whispers" which are vague at best because they already happen even without the perk seemingly at random. On top of that, I feel like this perk works against itself. 36 meters? I'm pretty sure I'm that close to survivors roughly 80% of the time I'm playing a killer.

>>All this leads to a game that's completely unplayable for newcomers past the first week, and very long, drawn out games where the killer winds up just downing everyone because he has no hooks to use.

I already just down people because hooking people for points isn't exactly practical in most cases. You can just lose games as a newbie and still gain bloodpoints. Hell there are games I lose that I get more then when I fucking win.

You act like all the survivors are going to become robocop and the fucking killers will be predator.

Plus balance patches happen.

Now just take the namefagging away so people can actually see the fucking thread and you're golden.

You smart user.

Also something to keep in mind, when you prestige your bloodpoints, you lose absolutely everything, even your perks. I'm sure there were will plenty of lowbies with knowledge of the game to carry scrubs through things.

>>there were will
There will be*
Coffee is for quiters I should sleep though.

36 meters is huge, the cooldown isn't much of an issue if you're using it to hide.

You didn't see it because you're braindead.

40% speed is insane, the whole reason that healing is an issue now is because you need a buddy to help you.

I've had tons of people run basically right into me with it equipped, I'm pretty sure it makes me at least mostly invisible.

6 seconds is huge, you can see exactly where each survivor is probably heading, and if there are more than 2 left you're doing a shit job.

The general game whispers fade, the perk ones don't, and I've seen no evidence that they're the same.

You've also made absolutely zero claims against the blatant fact that being able to constantly resupply on items through the bloodweb will lead to 9/10 games being 4 toolbox or 3 with a medkit, and the strat that lets you escape within 30 seconds, which is probably faster than the killer can even check more than one generator due to spawns.

You say "balance patches", but all these issues are blatant. The fact they didn't come up in in-house testing, or worse yet the closed alphas, shows that the devs are incompetent.

What does prestige even give you? I always thought that doing that in CoD (when it was still okay, don't get triggered) was shit.

You smart user.

>but you have to stand still for 6 seconds, it's a big time waste.
6 seconds is absolutely nothing for the bonus that Insidious gives you
Literally every time I use it while hiding near a hooked survivor someone strolls up to try and save them. and then that's an easy second person down.
It's powerful as fuck.

6 seconds is a fair time waste when someone else is repairing generators across the map.

3 seconds though, is completely insane. You probably go invis just setting a fucking trap.

To their defense alphas and partially betas are mainly to test game's stability and netcode and to find out whether some pc setups fuck up the game (which you can't really do with QA in your office), finetuning ruleset comes later. The game isn't even released yet.

People filter trip, not names, but you are right, purpose is done. It's gone.

>>You've also made absolutely zero claims against the blatant fact that being able to constantly resupply on items through the bloodweb will lead to 9/10 games being 4 toolbox or 3 with a medkit

You can already just bring items out of levels that you escape from, perks will balance each other out. Some items/interactions obviously need some tweaking to compensate for things though. At the PAX setup everyone had 4 perks and items and killers were still mopping the floor with people because of that dope perk that lets you kill one poor sod instead of hooking him.

Also you never said that in the post I replied to senpai calm down. Also "Bruh they should have fixed this shit at the drawing board before anything even graced our monitors" chill man, betas exist to stress test and figure out player to player interactions so you can better prepare. Devs have been pretty vocal about issues that people bring up and have already told us things will get changed/patched.

Also please show me the toolbox perk, because the special toolbox perk I saw was that you can use the whole toolbox to fix a generator instantly, kind of like the use a medkit to heal a health stage for the whole kit instantly.

Also again, Insidious does nothing to your visibility outside of the terror reduction. People are just wildly incompetent. I don't even have insidious and people just waltz right into me if I'm looking at a hook.

Also
seconds is huge, you can see exactly where each survivor is probably heading, and if there are more than 2 left you're doing a shit job.

I don't need to be a clairvoyant to know they're all probably going for the fucking exits. If the doors are open I should be losing.

The beta is 2 days before launch. Be realistic, this isn't a beta, it's a way to generate sales for the game's release.

The core gameplay should be rock-solid before you start even bothering with fine-tuning animations and shit. Toolboxes shouldn't have gotten past round one of testing in their current state, nevermind making it all the way to the beta. The perk system makes it clear the devs don't know what they're doing.

The game as it is, today, in beta, is miles better than it'll be a week after launch. Because they've limited the bullshit by restricting items and perks so heavily.

It's fine to have stuff to work towards, but it should be the difference between waiting 6 seconds and waiting 5. A decent benefit over a new player, but not so much so that they don't stand a chance. 3 perk slots should be the maximum, items should be found only in chests, and add-ons shouldn't even exist.

>>The game as it is, today, in beta, is miles better than it'll be a week after launch. Because they've limited the bullshit by restricting items and perks so heavily.

Man I wish I had a crystal ball that told me the future but only for asinine vidya related bullshit and not cool shit like lottery numbers or when I was going to be murdered in an alley.

Found some interesting bugged out content of the hillbilly chainsaw guy: imgur.com/a/E99j5

>because the special toolbox perk I saw was that you can use the whole toolbox to fix a generator instantly
That's not even a perk, it's a rare add-on, the brand new part.

I can't give you a link to the perk, unfortunately, because it'd require starting a new account and messing with the data again and I can't be bothered wasting 15 minutes. The teachable perks are currently bugged, when you buy them in the web they don't show up.

I'm sorry I can apply basic logic to the information I know, buddy. It must be terrible seeing a trailer for a new game and being completely mystified as to what the gameplay could possibly be like because you aren't holding a controller.

You smart user.

This.

That's why they are stingy with beta keys. Hoping people get fed up and buy deluxe.

Also, the tradeoff is that the toolbox loses all it's charges instantly. So if you want to waste an entire toolbox to win once, go ahead i say.

I don't think (i hope) that getting new items will be nilly willy, despite the bloodweb refreshing.

When you get 10-20k a match, you can pretty easily replace what you lose.

Also, it's trivial to edit your exp and level. I expect someone will make a lua script within a couple of days, and that's only if they weren't lying about the cheat protection given they can't even fend off fucking cheat engine's variable search.

but that's what i'm saying. i'm hoping the bloodweb won't allow you to buy 50 toolboxes and go at it again and instead there will be emphasis on finding it in the field if you run out, OR have the drop rate or whatever very low for it after reaching lvl 50.

My experience with the early web was that most of what you get is add-ons, with a single perk per level until you run out. I feel like as the web expands, you're going to see one of everything on every level past 20 or so. It's possible that they'll still be fairly limited to one every 2-3 games, but that doesn't stop groups of friends queuing against you with a full toolbox loadout just for laughs.

True, but if you see that you have atleast the option to equip memento mori before the game starts. since you can see what equipment they're bringing.

Also what the fuck. Just had a game with two people Dc'ing after everyone was hurt once. Bunch of wimps.

>tfw i made the first thread on /v/
>tfw i have watched it, over the past 4 or 5 days become the festering tumor that it is now, cemeting its place on Veeky Forums
i couldn't be more proud

I wish it stopped after the second thread. But thanks for the first one I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. Too bad it's infested with shitters now

Devilish

I hear that. i wasted my life writing that goddamn beta primer.

But boy do i feel some sort of pride to it.

I haven't been able to play a single game of this.
Seems like many people aren't playing.

A lobby takes about 3 minutes to fill up, just be patient.... Unless maybe you live in a third world country. Then your matchmaking is probably set up with IPs near you.

Fuck sake.

In a game right now. All 4 are on hooks, 3 are sacrificed. The last one has bugged out.

Fuck this, i'm waiting. I cleaned house and i DESERVE this win.

Piece of shit germans, always making me work for things

I live in the US.
I have waited like 10 minutes every time I try to play.

An user said in a /v/ thread that you can lunge with the killer.

H2Lunge?

hold down the attack button.

It's not like H2, it doesn't autolock. You still have to aim, it just gives you extra range. Makes hitting people much easier

Probably something wrong. Killer or survivor I have games fill after people cycle in from anywhere between 15 seconds to 2 minutes. I'm in Seattle. This is for games at fucking 3 am and games at 2 pm.

Starbreeze owns overkill, they bought Payday back from 505 Games. Really this game is what decides if I ever purchase anymore Overkill/Starbreeze shit, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that Payday 2 went overboard because of 505 Games and not Starbreeze.

Turns out it was my download region.
I had set to West Africa to download shit faster.

BUILT IN WALL HACKS
LOL LOWER DRAW DISTANCE AND EVERYTHING BUT PEOPLE DISSAPEAR

DELETE THIS