Does a bachelors in economics have any market value...

Does a bachelors in economics have any market value? I could easily do any STEM degree but I'm mostly interested in economics.

bump

Stick with STEM because it's worth more. Economics is a meme degree desu.

Would it be a better grad degree?

Really? Fuck

Depends on the field, but it's unlikely.

If you're interested in law, a good law degree + econ is a decent way to get into antitrust... but you really shouldn't get into law, given that even top students regularly assume $250k+ in debt.

Dont listen to these idiots, get a high market stem degree, computer sci is good as it will teach you how to market and deal with anything technological, then get either a double bachelor's or a master's in econ, econ goes well with literally anything that requires ladder climbing and just by itself its a meme but it greatly compliments anything with stem, comp sci is not a meme unless you will only go for a bachelor's u id say get a double bachelor's in comp. sci and econ then go for a master's in physics, youdont have a clue how much these seemingly unrelated things will boost your real world skills.

what if i was to get a ph.d in economics

same user that advised you to go for a double's in a stem field and econ.
You can get a phd, but you have to have some sort of provision or work, i assume you want to do something with it? If you get a double bachelor's honestly in your best interest you will be guaranteed a job provided you do well in school and from there wihin 5 years can expand your interests, also a master and phd levels are so narrow its not like you become some sort of an expert in econ, only in the division you choose to expertise in, thats why its advisable to get a degree in econ as well since you like it it will be easy for you but by itself its useless especially for a bachelor, a bachelor if you didnt already know covers a general understanding of everything and by then you will be sure if you would even want to pursue a phd or do something else. Lots of options, your dedication is really all that matters

MBA in econ would be valuable. Generally requires a few years of work experience, but it's essential if you're shooting for upper management in a corporation long-term. Median salaries from top MBA schools are in the mid-hundreds.

Agree with you about law school. Too many law grads out there and unless the degree is from a great school, it's hard to get traction. I wouldn't advise anyone to go to law school unless they knew exactly what they wanted to do in law and knew if there was high demand and low supply for the specialty.

Ignore this guy.

Found the faggot.
How about you actually try to say something helpful instead of making yourself look extra dumb and saying nothing helpful whatsoever, no dumbass, econ masters do not make into the upper mid hundreds, thats only for econ with business master's, and for autists like you, probably not likely, he clearly hasnt even started college if he is asking for the value of eco in real world markets so stop shilling the mid hundreds meme when that would take a good 5 years of work experience on top of a high quality stem degree then getting a econ master's before that is possible.
>tldr
>fuck you

Then you could go into economic consulting for one of the many, many consulting firms out there. With that said, keep in mind that getting a Ph.D is a long process, you'll be poor for a long time, and you'd only be able to go into consulting if you focused on some discrete piece relevant to business/law (e.g.: corporate valuation, patent valuation, etc.)

Such truth across the board. I have a law degree and managed to avoid the usual traps, but even some of the people who outperformed me in my high-up law school are now poor as fuck doing contract attorney work. It's a minefield I should have never entered.

The MBA is a good choice. I'm doing one part time and find it easy and kinda fun - you need to be able to handle both quant and writing, but neither requirement is particularly rigorous. Assuming you get into a good program, they can connect you with some great companies. The salaries I've seen even for mediocre MBA students start in the ~80k range.

Learn to type, then I'll bother with you.

actually my dads boss has exactly that guys scenario.

How does a bs in electrical engineering while active duty military sound? Will getting an mba be a smart move once i am done with the undergrad?

What EE program? I've just recently finished doing one for fun. EE is phenomenally difficult and math-intensive, but it also commands respect for that very same reason. It also opens a world of doors to you - working as an engineer, working at tech companies that value the technical background, other mathematical programs/degrees, etc. The EE degree I have from a shitty school that I did on the side for fun commands more respect than my other (liberal arts) B.A.s I have from a very reputable school, which should tell you a lot. Needless to say, going into an MBA program would be a cakewalk as long as you can keep your grammatical skills sharp enough for the GMAT.

You make yourself look more like a closet homo every post.
You went from a difference of opinion user
To a fedora tipping janitor
>then I'll bother with you *tips hat*
Well faggot, here is your you.

do you mean what school? I go to a pretty big state school, but a lot of big engineering companies are around that like it if you have a degree from my school.

thanks for the info.

I am wondering if the MBA is worth it? I'd like to move into the upper tiers of a large corporation.

I have a bs in econ, and I'm doing well 2 years out of college. Ofcourse, im not qualified to be an actual economist, but I found a fine job in supply chain.

Agree a lot with . MBA can be a very smart move if you want to do management related stuff. If you're looking to do an MBA program, I'd suggest you take your GMAT and then see what programs you've got a good shot at based on your GPA and GMAT score. Then check out their career statistics and see which have the best employment rates, median salaries. Apply to schools based on that.

>Too many law grads out there

Completely false, law schools are struggling to get students

>Completely false, law schools are struggling to get students
You're looking at the wrong stats, friend. A lot of law schools have opened up over the last few years, and even the T14 are expanding. This is mostly because law school deans foolishly think the market will just continue to grow without recognizing that the 2009 Latham disaster is still lingering around in the market and that - even in the best of cases - there's a limited market for lawyers. It is also, to a degree, the fact that many smaller universities have figured out that the operation of law schools is nearly guaranteed profit, assuming you can get enough idiots convinced that they'll be a real lawyer by attending.

In the real world, firm jobs are still hard to get, and law grads are still struggling to find meaningful employment. Case in point, about a year and a half ago, a bunch of the NYC firms tried to test how much they could fuck their associates by trying to retroactively remove high-hour bonuses, lots of firms followed suit, and there was damn near a revolt in most firms (mine/me included).

There are only 11 people that understand the economic functionings of the US. If ye be the twelfth, then all hail the one that proceeds the twin verticals.

Law school is a bust. Surprisingly, there a glut of post law graduates who cannot find a job in the field.

They're below "target enrollment", but the target well exceeds employment saturation. Basically, law schools are trying to make more money by enrolling more students, but in doing so, they're devaluing the degree, increasing competition, and dropping salaries.

Get a stem degree. You can learn economics by reading the black book by one of the greatest economist of our time

>implying you can't do the same for STEM

I know this is b8 but Sowell might be one of the dumbest niggers I've ever heard of. He thinks economics is an all encompassing subject, which it clearly isn't. He's a moron who tricks other morons into making him more money.

>Tricks others Into making money for him
>moron
Pick one

the econ undergrad degree i have has value but i feel it is over-hyped. dont believe these stemlords that tell you otherwise, they are socially inept.

>when even government beats you

You must be a college student studying "avg major starting salaries"

Chemist here
If you don't want to do stem stay the fuck out too many of you faggots shitting up my life

You should dump the rest of this angel's pictures.

> He thinks economics is an all encompassing subject

What the hell do you even mean?

That probably haves a penis

Complete waste of time I should have done STEM

Is this even allowed here?

lmfao so much stupidity

Get extremely good at STEM. Godly. Everything else you can teach yourself.