/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Last thread:
Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

>News
DR3 anime to be split into two parts, "Future" and "Despair"
famitsu.com/news/201603/26102228.html

Famitsu scans for upcoming DR3 anime:
i.imgur.com/tJ0SWA6.jpg
i.imgur.com/aW1rhbs.jpg

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2016 on PSVita and PS4.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE
Dangan Ronpa 3 will be a new anime scheduled for release in 2016.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=R9AQjGxQGdw
DR3 Subbed PV
youtube.com/watch?v=z3imyvTO3JA
Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
archive.today/4MSAe

Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

DR3 Profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143495291903/mirai-hen-character-profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143594993403/zetsubou-hen-introduction-and-character-profiles

Killer Killer manga revealed to be Dangan Ronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-09/killer-killer-manga-is-revealed-as-danganronpa-spinoff-in-3rd-chapter/.101865

>FAQ
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts
pastebin.com/fX2iAQpP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wmOw-jplSMk
youtube.com/watch?v=F6av12TNw-0
youtube.com/watch?v=JeitvjG-dgI&list=PLU4ktq2pWONtJ7o5pLZyWJc88nttIzMKx&index=1
youtu.be/zpPnEwZiDno?list=PLU4ktq2pWONtJ7o5pLZyWJc88nttIzMKx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I FORGOT TO LINK TO LAST THREAD FUCK

THIS IS LAST THREAD:

2nd for worst girl.

What's this red thing under her head

Ibuki is for praising.

Fingernails

Blood?
It's already been established that older blood changes color from "pink" to dark red

Could be blood

Because plot made Makoto sick

I feel bad for /hanny/

Their music playing side by side with ours, and the back and fourth goal match between us was hype as fuck.

Say something nice about a character you dislike

I guess Sayaka is cute

Hiyoko showed signs of not being such a bitch near the end

Hagakure's mom is hot.

He is well rounded.

Also that asbestos joke she tells in the first trial is pretty funny

Chiaki has a nice shirt

Ryoko was a fun and optimistic lass. Pushing towards a good and hopeful,.future with her husbando, while combating her amnesia

BEST GIRL
E
S
T

G
I
R
L

>go to their general
>first post is literally a poll about killing the general

DESPAIR

Give them HOPE for their last match

rance ran out of rape juice a long, long time ago.
I feel sorry for the guy, raping an entire Kingdom must have make them think it translates well to football games

>tfw we were only an injury time away from qualifiying for the next round after only two matches

>Izuru fucked this

>implying you wouldn't

Look all that luck and happiness, and both will be dead soon ;_;

Depends if that ass is still phat.

she died.

Booo try harder than that

hm...
near the end she was only a bitch to tsumiki
which i guess is better than nothing.
also she was good at dancing, (i mean im assuming she was cuz it was her fucking title) so i guess ???

Meant to post this in the stream before it closed.
youtube.com/watch?v=wmOw-jplSMk

/drg/ give me your opinion on Akane

Red strings you retards
Have you guys never seen the back of a luchador mask?

Akane is a tough gal who never backs down from a challenge, although she's dimwitted and acts before she thinks, she's headstrong and strong and doesn't give up. She has a rather tragic past, but she doesn't seem to think much of it even though it's a pretty hard childhood she had.
Well, you can say she's either oblivious or pretending to be oblivious, who knows.
Bonus points for the big boobs.
Although, she is very stupid.

Take a good look at the picture I posted finger nails and ask yourself was this poster being serious.

A good breed stand.

It's funny you bring that up, because the best example of "is Akane stupid or repressed" is that conversation she has with Fuyuhiko in the funhouse where he tries to console her on Nekomaru

Doesn't help Akane's English dub is rubbish, btw

Would this game even work as a VR title?
The footage that was presented looked like a cluster fuck.

She fucked Hagakure and that's quite terrifying

That was nothing more than a proof of concept. I wouldn't take it at face value.

I don't have related pic, but it's the strings to tie the mask

Hah yeah, that's the best example honestly.

I know I posted a picture of Asahina, my comment was more directed at how ridiculously developed Akane's figure is for a teenager.

So for clarity sake hes asking about the DR2 Akane not DR1 Asahina.

>implying she was flattened
>implying she's dead
After a baseball barrage, a death cage capable of melting people, being burned alive and crushed by a firetruck, a trip to space that vaporized the last guy who took it and an escavator jackhammering her back, and all these did was put a smile on her face, I'm betting she'll show up again smiling

Is it me, or is Fukawa's neck tie as long as it was in DRAE?

They probably went with her updated design, the models look like they belong in AE.

AE Toko seems great. A shame it will never go to Steam for a PCuck like me.

The others sold decently well. I'd expect one eventually.

You are not missing anything, just find a jp dub of a lets-play on you-tube that doesn't have an obnoxious cunt talking over it.

Don't be so sure, it will obviously come eventually.
It's a pretty different game, the file formats are totally different.
And if they never port it, it's easy to port ourselves since the file formats are similar to most Vita games and can be reverse engineered like the first two games.

I would say the game is a giant lore dump that has resident evil esq game-play and piss easy puzzles.

You might be able to kinda port the script sure, but good luck porting the core game

That, fucking, slow, as, fuck, camera, control.
One of the only things that pissed me off about it, to be honest.

That diden't bug me because I love the ps1 tank control games. However I could only imagine how much of a nightmare it was on a handheld.

Well, yeah, I did say similar.
But I tried it before, a lot of the cutscenes, flash files and shit can be ported.
It's just the weird models and shit.
Yeah, it was a pain in the ass on handheld, outside of that I wouldn't mind.

Did you equip the skills that make the laser sight faster?

I have to wonder if those are the models the DR artist traced over for the CGs.

Best thing about AE is having improved Touko sprites

For being the worst girl she sure does get a lot of love.

If you really want to play it, just buy a PSTV for like 30 bucks.

Wow, ahoges don't mean shit when even she can have one

*improved Komaru

Who do you think is the most normal character besides Naegi, Komaru or whatever.

Mahiru

This gal.

salty because u beat my team in the vgleague

theme is pretty good though desu

Are you feeling the despair yet?

I'd have to agree there, even though her boy-scolding seems like some kind of quirk to me.

I can still imagine a girl like her existing IRL, though

True, no arguments there.

TODAY'S SOCCER MATCH WAS TRULY INTERESTING. THOUGH WE COULD NOT SECURE THE WIN, WE MANAGED TO KEEP THE SCORE TIED. THIS IS SATISFACTORY ENOUGH. GOOD WORK.

I FEEL TRULY SORRY FOR /hanny/. AFTER OUR MATCH YESTERDAY, THEY EARNED MY RECOGNITION AS OUR OFFICIAL RIVAL. TO SEE THEM DEFEATED A SECOND TIME BY SIMILAR CIRCUMSTANCES WAS TRULY DESPAIRING.

I WISH FOR /drg/ TO CARRY THEIR SPIRIT FORWARD AND CRUSH THE IDOLS!! THIS IS THE ONLY PATH LEFT FOR US, AND WE MUST OVERCOME THIS HURDLE!!

I HOPE THAT OUR MANAGER HAS TAKEN TIME TO STUDY THE MANAGER OF LOVE LIVE'S TEAM SO THAT WE MIGHT TREAT THEM AS A STEPPING STONE TO OUR NEXT GREAT HOPE.

LET YOUR SPIRITS FLOURISH!! KIAIZAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

Dammit did I miss it again?
I've missed both games now. I was actually excited to see this one

Anywhere where I can watch a replay, Coach Nekomaru?

I WILL TAKE A LOOK. IF I AM ABLE TO FIND THEM, WE CAN WATCH TOGETHER ON TAIMA. I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO RELIVE THE GLORY OF OUR MATCH THE OTHER DAY.

Nice match, by the sounds of it, I'm sure a successful win will happen in the near future.

Damn, nice fail.

THIS HAND OF MINE...!

glowswithanawesomepoweritsburninggriptelllsmetodefeatyoutakethismylovemyangerandallmysorrowshiningfinger

Ok /drg/ tell me how did that specific character get a spot in your heart, what makes him/her your favorite? Are you aware of the flaws they might have? I'm sure everyone has a redeeming quality (except Kyoko for me)

This picture sums it up.

Everything she did.

What's our theme in the footy thing? Just the normal game theme?

NIDAI EARNED MY DEVOTION AFTER I SAW HIS DEVOTION TO EVERYONE ELSE

I AM GENERALLY A BARAFAG, BEING A BIG FAN OF JOJO AND HOKUTO NO KEN AMONG OTHER THINGS.

NIDAI REGULARLY PUT HIS NECK OUT FOR OTHER PEOPLE NOT JUST IN THE KILLING GAME BUT HIS WHOLE LIFE. HE IS SELFLESSLY COMMITTED TO MAKING OTHER PEOPLE REACH THEIR PEAK.

WHEN HE RETURNED FROM HIS NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE, HE WAS CHANGED INTO A MACHINE, YET HE REFUSED TO LET THAT CHANGE WHO HE WAS.

"I'M ME!!"

HE CRIED OUT WITH CONFIDENCE AND PRIDE. NIDAI WOULD NOT LET SOMETHING AS INSIGNIFICANT AS HIS ENTIRE BODY CHANGE WHO HE IS AS A PERSON.

THEN, IN THE END, HE MADE THE NOBLE SACRIFICE AGAIN. NOT ONLY DID HE DIE ONCE FOR OWARI, BUT HE ACCEPTED TANAKA'S BATTLE AND DIED, PAVING THE WAY FOR THE OTHERS TO ESCAPE. HAD HE WON, I AM CERTAIN HE WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIS LIFE UP IMMEDIATELY.

THIS IS JUST A SHORT LIST OF THE MANY REASONS I LOVE NIDAI NEKOMARU.

HIS BIGGEST FLAW I THINK WAS CHOOSING TO FOCUS SO MUCH ON OWARI. THIS REALLY HINDERED HIS CHARACTER AND SHE NEEDED HIM TO DIE MULTIPLE TIMES JUST TO LEARN A LESSON.

Elaborate guys, spill it out, speak your mind. Also fuck I wish I had windows 7 fuck my life.

This is what I'm looking for, that's how you show your love for your favorite character and the caps lock was a nice touch too

IT'S HEAT UP, BUT NOT QUITE.
youtube.com/watch?v=F6av12TNw-0

WITH THE SECTION OF THE SONG THEY ENDED UP USING, IT IS MOSTLY JUST THE VOICE PARTS WITHOUT ANY OF THE ACTUAL HEATING UP YOU HEAR WHEN THE SONG STARTS. A TRUE FUCK UP.

WHAT SPECIFIC TRACK IS IT? CAN WE PLEASE HAVE IT AMENDED TO REFLECT WHAT HEAT UP IS SUPPOSED TO SOUND LIKE?

She is a genki music loving girl that is always smiling and being a light among the shit her friends go through.
The only bad thing I can say is that she joined the remnants and that she might look a bit pushy at times in her interactions with Hajime.
Despite that I still love her and was immensely sad when I reached chapter 3.

>The caps lock was a nice touch too
YOU MUST BE NEW HERE.

WELCOME HOME, DEAR ATHLETE!! THANK YOU FOR CONTRIBUTING TO THE DISCUSSION. YOU'LL FIT RIGHT IN.

At first, I was really undecided if I was going to like Ibuki or Chiaki the most. Then the first trial happened when she said the line, 'You've got that wrong!' and I was completely floored. I was under the impression she was going to be comedic relief but when she said that line, I immediately thought she was of an entirely different calibre. She continued to show excellent problem solving skills throughout the game without falling into some pitfalls that Kyoko fell in by stealing the spotlight. Finally, her sacrifice was very symbolic and she took her execution like a champ. Her triumphant return in the final trial also made me smile and made me realise that all was not lost.

Everything she does is because she wants to be kind. I admire that so, so much. Sure, she's definitely the most shallow character, but that doesn't stop me from thinking she's a great character.

If only she was real...

She's cute and acts strangely at times, but she's also smart. She cares about other people and is curious about them, as seen early in the game with her conversation with kuzuryuu. Also, she's generally more aware of potential problems and traps within the game than others (like when she didn't want to go in the funhouse) but she never tries to force people to follow her decisions
If I had to find a flaw I would say that the fact she was an AI makes her a bit more one dimensional, because I can't speculate about her past or what lead her to become who she is. Chapter 5 broke my heart

yea...sorry about her death

WAIT, I UNDERSTAND NOW.

OUR ENTRANCE THEME IS THE DANGAN RONPA THEME.
youtube.com/watch?v=JeitvjG-dgI&list=PLU4ktq2pWONtJ7o5pLZyWJc88nttIzMKx&index=1

OUR GOAL THEME IS THIS:
youtu.be/zpPnEwZiDno?list=PLU4ktq2pWONtJ7o5pLZyWJc88nttIzMKx

I THINK YOU HAVE IT MIXED UP WITH HAJIME NO IPPO.

NO I DID NOT PLAY THIS WII GAME, BUT I DO LOVE PUNCHOUT.

WAS MEANT FOR

>or what lead her to become who she is.
She was programmed by Chihiro. Chihiro just poured everything his pure heart stood for into her.

I wouldn't say Chiaki is shallow. Her personality, and the way you gradually realize who she is make her pretty interesting. Like, her personality as presented within the game is fine, the problem is that there isn't any more to it, since she's an AI and all

Sure, i've mentioned before on here why I like Ishimaru, but I can paraphrase it again.

Beneath his tough and hard demanding exterior, he's actually really sweet. I also really liked how devoted he is to people, and how far he stuck up for Mondo. I really like how energetic he is despite all of his hardships. He just wants to make the world of everyone better, but he has such difficulty communicating with people he feels really left out and doesn’t know how to fix that. He came from nothing but his effort and dedication put him where he was in life; he just thinks of himself as an ordinary person, and he totally believes that everyone can do the same and has that strength to be able to do that themselves with a little effort. He’s very motivating and inspirational, and despite all the bleakness, deceit, and just general terribleness that went on in the game he is always looking out for the well-being of others.

He’s just really dear and important to me. He is great and deserved better than the fate he got in the game.

Appealed to me at first because of the mystery of who she really was. DRIF made me really like her. Also her FTEs are interesting

MAFIA AT 10pm EST

BE THERE.