/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Babar edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
Bannerlord will be shown at E3, maybe some siege.
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15
youtube.com/watch?v=xdSzGoTc_ns
youtube.com/watch?v=gnGNojC8XrE
youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4

RPS Interview with Armagan : rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin.

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/fcmVyuQ0

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0
>Caribbean! Blood and Gold (on Steam)
snowbirdgames.com/blog/?p=1632

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284240.0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1aCMWgkxatw
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8lrt7onBTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for Harlaus

2nd for butter

Viking Conquest was pretty good, clearly had a lot of effort and it was better than native
Is Caribbean any good though?

I don't think you understand. I have, and I've ctrl+f'ed for the terms Western, Portuguese, Dutch. There is nothing.

You could just like, tell me where I can recruit them, instead of being autistic.

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

I know for a fact that information is in those files, I'm trying to help you help yourself

i'm gay

I'm posting in the honor of the dude that always asks about the dynasty warriors one

>Is Caribbean any good though?
it's pretty good

>Warsword Conquest
>Enter a fight against an enemy faction
>2 other factions who I have no beef with join the battle on the enemies side and get slaughtered alongside them
>Now I have 2 more factions who are hostile and have to pay them gold
What the fuck,what is it with random people joining battles in this shitty mod

LONG MAY HE REIGN

The last character you played in any other game has to fight your Warband party.
Who is more fucked?

>implying I play other games

Did Warsword update

Is the pastebin containing the latest.

already ded
yep it did, there's already a hotfix too

I really want Caribbean to be something great, but I doubt those slavs will keep working on it until it does become great.

it's still broken and unfinished

19th for how did VC and the LOTR mod get text written directly onto the map?
How did Carribean! encapsulate its map with its painted border?
now I'll google it

pretty sure the words are an asset in one of the resource files

>19th for how did VC and the LOTR mod get text written directly onto the map?
I don't know about those mods but in Caribbean the text is just part of the map texture.
>How did Carribean! encapsulate its map with its painted border?
It's just part of the map mesh

Is it just me or are gun troops incredibly OP in Gekokujo?

Any tips on how to make fat dough in 1257? I heard dyeworks isn't as profitable.

win tournaments, they're very easy since your success isn't tied to shitty AI

>Taxation collection quest in VC
>After a day passes, get a small rebellion
>Deal with it
>Seconds later, get another fucking rebellion
>Deal with that, but be a little annoyed
>Seconds after that, a third peasant uprising because of the taxes

What the fuck is this? Is this a bug? What's the point of "You sure showed those peasants, they won't think of attacking now" message, if they're literally gonna keep attacking me?

well, warfare did eventually become dominated by firearms for a good reason. but you might still be able to find niches for cav, archery and spearguys in the context of early adoption of them in japan

>Redd White from Ace Attorney
>Versus ~60 Orcs on Boars, a couple of sandniggers, and a half dozen Halfling MOOOOOOOOOOOOOT knights
I think he has a chance

it may be a coding quirk. sometimes when i train peasants i have to train them 4 or 5 or more times, so it may be a similar situation

>when i train peasants i have to train them 4 or 5 or more times
pretty sure that's normal

Did it twice for me yesterday. I think it has to do with how large/wealthy a town is.

Is there any way to make it so you can get copies of the same quest from lords? I mean, if you pick up robber den quest, you can no longer pick up robber den quests from any other lord even if they're infesting the countryside. And if you end up being at war with the previous lord, you can't turn it in. I was doing sidemissions during the VC storyline, but since one gets betrayed pretty early in that, you have to wait 60+ days for the quest to tick down.

my kingdom, my kingdom, my kingdom for the ability to abandon quests without talking to the lord

How deep of a discount does Warband go on GOG/Steam?

then maybe the constant rebellions are also normal

tax collecting is a dumb quest anyways you should only do it with intention to rip the lord off

The last time I bought the game was back in 2011.
I have no idea of what price I purchased it for.
Hope this helped!
t. Borg

Was a big help famalam

All the way down to 2.99 I thought. That might have been a special event though. It usually goes on sale for 4.99 during the big seasonal sales.

3.75 for warband on steam iirc

How do you join an army in Warsword? I remember being able to rise up in the ranks of a lord's army.

is this the new meme?

I just went to check up on the mod after like a year of not playing it, so no, I genuinely do not know.

They took away Freelancer because they couldn't handle the minor glitches.

Eugh. Freelancer was one of my favorite parts of playing Warsword.

What are some good mods to use if you just want to extend the amount of shit you can use in the base game?

what do you mean exactly

More items, buildings, quests, etc. to play with in Native. I already go around doing the same thing whenever I do a native run. I'm looking at Floris right now, but I'm not very experienced with the mods available.

Is it possible to convince your liege to start a new war in ACOK? Tried multiple times in multiple conditions, no successes, we're starting to get disgruntled lords kicked out of the faction. If not, is there literally ANYTHING fun to do after a Stormlands-aligned character wrecks Dragonstone and the Westerlands, other than the Dany and Jon quests/enemy factions?

The "train the peasants multiple times" thing is normal. You need to train a total of something like 4-7 peasants before the battle will start.

there's diplomacy which is the most minimal mod, adding all the diplomatic features and nothing else
there's tocan's calradia that adds a shitload of features as well as an invasion setting, where the dark knights invade the realm
there's floris and a lot of mods like floris that are the base game with a bunch more items and new troop trees
there's also mods like sword of damocles that add a load of new factions alongside the native ones as well as firearms

those are all the closest to native mods i can think of in terms of location

Tocan's sounds a lot like Native Expansion. Any connection?

i dunno honestly i don't think i played native expansion

So I heard something before about disabling advanced formations in VC, but then enabling it through the .ini file. Why do that?

it isn't the same formations system
the one they normally use in VC is akin to the formations you get from PBOD
the one in the .ini is the same one WFAS uses
the difference is the one VC normally use is more performance intensive but you can do more with it, while the .ini one doesn't hit performance at all and you can use it in scenes like sieges or bandit camps whereas with the normal ones you can't

I see. Thank you.

personally i'd recommend just using the .ini one, the extra formations the regular ones give aren't really necessary in VC
plus being able to use some formations in sieges is pretty handy, it means you can hold areas much more effectively

I'm not totally anal about location if there's mods that can improve the gameplay more than what you listed. Location is probably the least important factor in what I'm looking for.

Ironically they both have Dark Knight invasions but from looking at the mod page it seems Tocan does exactly what you're asking for with a more content in general added from base vanilla stuff.

Native Expansion itself is pretty tame and gives off a more polished native vibe.

I planned on using the .ini ones. Thanks again.

well you said to play with "in Native" so i assumed that's what you were looking for
if you want mods that play differently then play PoP or 1257

I'm not the one that asked.
Native Expansion didn't feel all that polished, when I played it. Really chafed my ass, I'd love Warband But Fixed With More Content.

i hadn't touched it before but i'm looking at it right now
i like the features but not the new equipment that clashes with the native artstyle

I found a hidden village in gekonewer but it doesn't seem to have anything worthwhile there. Am I missing something here?

hidden hentai village
secret code

>someone finally found it

anyone see this?
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284240.0.html
>10th century poland

ANYONE? PLEASE?

kek

>10th century poland
the brytenwalda successor I always wanted

I will take this silence as a "no", given that Google sheds no exact light, only the implication that some Native features are disabled, including auto-wars.
Time to drop this hot garbage.

nobody plays ACOK because it's shit

But WHY is it shit? The main problems I'm having are the dearth of wars and the faggy samey-wamey-lamey troop trees, the latter of which doesn't really bother me because they're at least superficially different.

>You stumble and fall!

There are undead textures in the vanilla game?

>he doesn't level up athletics
Irritating mechanic done for the greater good.

I thought the troops trees were too vanilla inspired. North has no horsemen or shields for like 4 levels. They're like Rhocucks minus the extreme defense Rhodok troops have.

Also Cozur and his cronies call out anyone who criticizes the mod.

You didn't know the game was originally about a zombie invasion?

nigger whats the point if the AI can't fall too

Do you actually think walking backwards was a big problem in Warband? Besides taking forever to kill any force larger than a few units, it can be countered by 1)cavalry, 2)ranged units, 3)user error.

A complete non-issue that is only brought up by bads.

the troop trees are shit, there's hardly any wars, the author's a massive faggot, there's really dumb features you can't turn off, the str requirements on everything is stupid high

It's like fuckin' survival in FO4 or survival mods in Skyrim. What the fuck's the point if every NPC isn't trying to survive alongside you?

The "point" is that it removes the exploitable strategy you suggested in your own post. You shouldn't be able to solo 100 troops.
>complaining of bads when you're THIS insistent a thing that exists for no reason other than kicking a crutch strat out is an irredeemable feature
It's practically nonexistent with a few points in Athletics, which you'll have anyways if you aren't a Leadership minmaxing faggot.

>It's practically nonexistent with a few points in Athletics
6 points. 6 points brings it down to 2%, and any more doesn't do anything.

I feel like the people who support this are the ones who got raped by the cRPG guys with 10 Athletics and pikes/javelins. If someone has gotten to that point, then they should be able to outrun other people/AI. It's still countered by just about every other troop type, and mass numbers.

>You shouldn't be able to solo 100 troops.

abloo bloo i don't like what people are doing in their single player games bloo abloo

are you seriously defending that retarded tripping mechanic

it's been way too hot today lads
youtube.com/watch?v=1aCMWgkxatw

No, I'm rebuffing retarded criticisms. It's a non-issue if you aren't shit. It's also a non-issue if you are shit, just a mild annoyance that crops up every few minutes.
If you're going to functionally cheat to play the game, just drop the difficulty as low as it will go. You'll save yourself a lot more time, my dear boy.

>all that build-up
>video cuts mid-landing, literally looks like a car going over a speedbump
I've had sex like this. I haven't had sex. Ever.

You're acting as if killing 100+ people is only achievable with the moonwalk. I guess we should nerf sieges, because you can kill tons of people before they even breach the walls. We should nerf heavy cavalry, because the armor and charge makes them virtually unkillable for lone targets. Good players should nerf themselves; next time I kill 100+ in an open field map, I should tab retreat because I am clearly breaking this single player game.

You're either terrible at infantry combat, or trolling

kill yourself my man

sir this is no bully board

Don't do this user, you gotta find a futa to fug

>Jing Kee
>kee
Fuck outta here

>If you're going to functionally cheat to play the game
Actually since the game comes without that feature one supposes that the game wasn't meant to balance around disabled moonwalk, and therefore you're the one cheating, although you're cheating to make it harder.

Is Bonnerlords set in its equivalent of late antiquity or early middle ages?

antiquity

looks like early middle ages from what's been shown, the empire definitely looks more Byzantine than classical Rome.

Collapse of Rome period and the immediate aftermath. Basically Attila.

We have youtube.com/watch?v=Y8lrt7onBTQ yet no good Romance of the Three Kingdoms mod

>late antiquity or early middle ages
both of these periods mixed together

Fucking when
PLEASE

do you think their will be naval battles at the arena/coliseum?

no one wants naval battles without cannons