/hbg/

Sumimasen /hbg/ edition
Last thread
→ #

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Plutoo Released Freakyhax more info on his twitter.
mobile.twitter.com/qlutoo?lang=en
Get FreakyForms before it gets Cubic Ninja'd
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-New Luma update lads. Get it here: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v5.5
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for original 3DS only. For details see Plailect's guide.
-3DS: The newly released Freakyhax provides userland homebrew on 11.0 and easy access to homebrew on any firmware 9.0+. There is NO downgrading/CFW/piracy from 11.0 at present, and due to extra security measures, don't expect this to be released any time soon.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.
-Wii U: 5.6 update rumored today. Make sure you're blocking updates on your Wii U, by using either the DNS in OP or Tubehax.

>Vita
Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/
github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/issues/49#issuecomment-220811226
plutooo.github.io/freakyhax/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-2.5.2)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Rorona Minus

i declare this to be a bully free thread

>
IS THIS THE RIGHT THREAD?????

(You) (Cross-thread)
(You) (Cross-thread)
(You) (Cross-thread)

Please help. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. And that assholes rxtools to Luma3DS guide ( gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/ ) is shit.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

SOMEONE PLS HELP
post the qr code for 7th dragon 3 plz thx

There is no QR for a game that isn't "officially" released yet

HELLO?

you have menuhax?

this thread needs more anime

What is wrong with anime posters
Am I the only one tired of seeing stupid big eyed fapbait women?

Shit tier sink

just use its titleid and encrypted key in FunKeyCIA, senapi

TAIKO LEAK
W H E N
H
E
N

translation patch when

anime panders to losers. then the losers project their shit taste onto the world, oblivious to how childish they look. then we laugh at them. that's how its always been

that's not toast

Just finished switching over from emunand + rxtools to a9lh + luma3ds. Took almost exactly three hours.

Thanks guys.

>not taking 5 hours

that's all butter covering the toasted parts of the bread

Post more hbg meemees

Weird, it took me 5 hours

that's just a cold slab of butter?

gross

Took me 5 hours. Worth it though.

Took me 2 days
But I was fucking around a lot

So does the new update fuck with anything or no?

So what can we expect from 5.6? Actual changes, unlike with the 3DS?

sorry, didn't mean to reply to you

>Nintendo
>Putting out a system update that adds something new

kek

3ds did that for awhile and wii did it once or twice.

Why won't smashax work? Seems to me all it is it to use as an entry point to run the downgrader, and from there installing menuhax

people over at gbatemp tried to downgrade with it and they said after like 70 tries they still couldn't get the downgrader to not freeze/actually boot, it's just really unreliable but you could just use it to install a secondary exploit

ow do I update Pokemon star sapphire to trade and fight friends? I heard that updating made something wrong with the mod but is there a way?

No

I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Also, >secondary exploit, the guide didnt say anything about that. What is it?

use it to install OoT exploit or ORAS exploit

doggy style

Using ntr what would I be able to edit in oras

Nothing

anything that's not cubic, browserhax, or freakyhax

Speaking of ntr, what are some good homebrew apps that aren't bundled with the hbg package

3DS Controller

Do you need an exploit to set up ORAShax? Does it work on 11.x?

best way of getting a north american new 3ds (not XL) preferably in new condition without paying a goddamn fortune?

sure, but it'll also be 11.0

Say, quick question. I recall in the setup guide saying that putting your system in sleep (particularly for the n3ds) could brick your system. Is this the case even if Luma has been properly installed?

Love having these games, but I'd hate to make a mistake and brick my system by putting it in sleep mode

Is there anything i should know before formatting my 3ds
will it cause me to update automatically to 11.0?

It's secondary so yes, you do need an existing exploit. It has no PowerSaves support either (and it probably won't happen at all, it's on the online-restore-required list).

It's only during the initial CFW setup. Sleep mode is perfectly fine when you're not doing shit like downgrading to 2.1. No, I don't know why people would set the system to sleep while downgrading either, they did it though.

So it's an issue specifically during the setup? That's good to know, thank you!

Did the randomizer fix make it into oot installer yet?

vita cfw when

once upon a never

Hey guys. I assume using Tubehax or the Reddit DNS on my Wii U means I can't download stuff from the eShop, right?

Also why the fuck is my wifi so slow on the Wii U?

There's no randomizer fix for OoT yet and it'll probably be a while: github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/issues/49#issuecomment-220811226 and smealum's AFK for a week according to his twitter.

Has anyone managed to get basehaxx to work on an Alpha Sapphire 1.4? The cartridge im using is patched at 1.4, cant uninstall the update.

Been failing nonstop, im guessing its the version number

no

Are these primary exploits? OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax

only cubic

Thank you very much for the information.

CN & Freakyforms are primary, everything else is secondary.
OoT can be written using a Powersaves because it's an old-style game, making it either primary or secondary depending on how you look at it.
PSMD and OR/AS can be installed to cart versions of those games using another 3DS (useful secondary).
Smashhax is done over the network but is wizardshit and N3DS-only (possibly primary). Browserhax only goes up to 10.5.
Citizens of Earth, VVVVVV and Ironfall are mostly forgettable nowadays (useless secondaries, they're digital-only, no point unless you're on 11.0).

Vita piracy when.
I want to play some sweet SRW Z3.

cubic isn't working on 11.0 yet though just a heads up

ZTD leak when

So if you have a copy of Freakyforms you can get access to homebrew with no previous exploits?

nehw kael DTZ

Yep. It's accessed via a QR code and payloads read from the SD card. plutooo.github.io/freakyhax/

Anyone know how to get the script from a game? I'm like to get the Japanese version of Youkai Watch's, to be more specific..

script accurate isn't going to make that game better, because it's shit.

I didn't ask for your shitty opinion, I asked for help getting the script.

i have the japanese and usa versions of fire emblem fates installed. how would i go about switching the save from the jp to the us version? i extracted the jp save with jksm before installing the us game but when i went back to import the save, only one fates came up. what do i do?

Not going to work afaik. Ive tried doing something like that with my mh4g/mh4u saves. Probably because some strings in the saves are written in seperate languages.

But if you wanted to try, try importing the jap save to the us game via save manager

my opinion is superior, because it is accurate.

I am saving you from yourself user welcome your savior with open arms and embrace your new path with love

did you run the US version yet?

i haven't been to this general in a while but hykem is a fucking fraud and IOSU exploit is NEVER EVER status, isn't it?

is that on pc?
yeah, i made a save two chapters in

gotta bail him out

Is there any way to back up saves on a 3DS cartridge without using a action replay/powersave device? I am absolutely terrified of losing my Monster Hunter 4U save file if something happens to the cartridge.

jk save manager

So the only thing loadiine can do is Wii U and VC inject for SNES/N64 and DS games? Is there no way to pirate GC or Wii on the Wii U yet?
>started at around 11:45 thinking it wouldn't take too long
>ended up doing the finishing touches at around 5:15
You really have to set a day aside for that shit.

Needs more 5 hours

maybe uninstall the jap one?

Which is better? Cubic Ninja or Freakyhax? I have both but am thinking about selling one of them

gc is vwii only

I've already played the game in English. Nice bait, though. Can someone please help me?

i can try that i guess
i'm super paranoid though. all my saves and shit are fine, right?

No i used savedatafiler

Did you try looking in pic related?

Why is downgrading not fixed yet?
I thought a workaround was still possible on 11.0 due to Nintendo being retarded.

I'm following this guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-2.5.2) and trying to boot Decrypt9 by going to the dukesrg website, but when I do it the bottom screen becomes corrupted followed by both screens going black and staying that way. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Where did you hear that? Id like to know more abiut any potential downgrade.

As far as we know, 11.0 may be the final nail in the coffin for dosngrading until the release of the next console, since its moved over the last couple of exploit security checks over to arm9

if you backed them up yes, you can just reinstall them, you can also use the native save backup press the arrow on the bottom screen when the game is selected

isn't that basically the same thing?
okay, thanks

they finally stopped being retarded and made it so you HAVE to hardmod if you want to downgrade from 11.0
though you're as much of a retard for updating