/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Seagineering Edition

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Medieval Engineers, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo

Avorion
>avorion.net/
>/egg/ approved server: 149.202.65.190

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Garry's mod:
>garrysmod.com

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Medieval Engineers:
>medievalengineers.com

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

GearBlocks:
>moddb.com/games/gearblocks

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ki5cvEPu_e0
youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE
youtube.com/watch?v=oRqjVPljSGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

REMINDER that FROM THE DEPTHS is the perfect /egg/ and everyone who resists on the day of the FIXED UI will be consumed by NETERCHEESE.

All adherents to FROM THE DEPTHS will bathe in the glory of FUN and ACTUAL GAMEPLAY

/egg/ /pol/ merge when?

It doesn't have to be like this

The game needs hydraulics to really build walking titans of death.

Then i could combine this with Landmates and Tachikoma, so that it can fly and drive along streets and dirt with ease.

What are the odds of getting modular vessals built? I always thought it would be cool to have some sort of system that allowed you to pick the chassie size for each bit then fill it in with whatever you need.

But the programming would be hard for the placement bit but the modular construction part would be easy.

You can tell that /lgbt/ is the one that tied the noose because it's not tightened properly

>FIXED UI
What, it's getting fixed? Is that even possible?
If it's built on Unity 4's legacy UI toolkit it may need a full rewrite desu.

>Besiege v .3
>2 New Sandboxes, one is the variety one, one is a barren land
>Custom textures for blocks
>Few bugfixes
>Visual update on the Source Block and Workshop Skin support
Neat.

spengies mad max when

What's this suppose to be a test of? Litearlly the only thing that it makes me think of is the fact that fire can conduct electricity.

>this man lacks the implicit memory of the fact

How do I stop the naval AI from ramming things that don't particularly need to be rammed at 50+ m/s? The turning circle settings don't seem to be doing anything.

My new jet hydrofoil metal boxes are running circles around DWG shitbotes and the OW isn't likely to do much better, but they are taking way too much damage from crashes.

Out for a week, FtD patches look pretty cool. They'll definitely fuck up my incredibly cheap 170m/s propeller-powered bomber, but oh well.
What else did I miss? Is abortion dead yet?

Several points:
Everything needs to be rammed. If this is causing problems, try adding more rams on spinblocks
Fiddling with broadside angle and range should help
METAL BAWKSES?

looks like a forward moonwalk

Its called FtD m80
Theres a setting that affects the minimum range it lets enemies get within before retreating
SINDRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
new version of eggheim out

Actually it's called MACHINECRAFT.

>tfw not at home to draft up tank car

Actually it's called GARRY'S MOD

tsuya a best waifu

youtube.com/watch?v=Ki5cvEPu_e0

rise of the machines when

ded

every thread

why?

And this guy does some sick primitive egggineering
youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE

So when I build a large ship in speengie how many blast armor blocks do i need to make it not fall apart from ramming, heavy and light armor suck.

Is factory multiplayer playable at the moment in a pirate version? Any servers with 0.12.35 up?

Pls don't ban me

Too many moving parts, Make it simpler.

that is hot

>that feel when your ship almost reaches version 600
Too much ftd

what the fuck, my most updated vehicle is still at version 18

Level of detail system added. Shader not fully completed yet and a lot of blocks still left with their default "white" color rather than being modified.

APS Inertial fuse now explodes frags on the far side of the shield making inertially fused fragment shells useful, I suppose.

Disruptor Conduit shell cap added which tunnels EMP energy through a shield and into the shield projector (potentially destroying it). Also causes an explosion of the shell on the far side of the (now potentially destroyed) shield.

>Shield
>Not even once

By pure coincidence, my current play time is also 600 hours.

So, one version per hour.

Nice to see that APS can have antishield use

hello?

Well shit, shields are now officially completely fucked. Cannons OP as fuck, please nerf.
P.S., what the flying fuck was Nick thinking?

Making enough cheese to saturate the market

Layer shields. Weak disrupt above stronger reflect.

Also, he was thniking about all those forum and steam threads about nerfing shield defense.

>Level of detail system added. Shader not fully completed yet and a lot of blocks still left with their default "white" color rather than being modified.

Is there a way to get rid of this shit? It's annoying as fuck while trying to build

A: Shieldspam WAS the issue with shields, and shouldn't be buffed further.
B: Repairspam is already cancer.

Nevermind, i found it on the options

In Factorio I spawned on an area with literally no trees in sight. Am I fucked or is there another way of transporting electricity early that doesn't require wood?

Repairspam is kinda limited by resource crates taking up space.

And shieldspam is still easier to do than quad layer beam for armor. That still gets shredded by sabots, At least until overpenetration is added.

I think it was planned that if the shell's ap dwarfs the block's armor, the shell loses some ap, while dealing low damage, and bypasses the block.
Repeat until ap is back to average and deal full remaining damage.

R8 my exhausts m80s, there's another one like this on the other side

Sabot's ap, I mean. Other shells won't have overpenetration.

Looks decent. I'd put a simple direct feed ciws nearby, but that might ruin the looks.

now we're going places

I allways wanted to make a factory.
But the ida of robotic arms ends up being retarded, because static welders can do the same in a produiction line
Also gothic structures.

you better paint that bote

>robotic arms
>retarded

It's nearly finished. It has 6271 blocks and it can go at 14m/s. since the limit is 16 m/s for botes over 5k blocks and i'm only using bote propellers, it's kinda nice.
It can be remote controlled and has some cameras because i think it might be fun.
I still don't know if, how or where to make rooms for the crew and such. The externals of the vehicle are finished and the internals are half done.

That's a very boring, flat design.

Im talking about space engineers.

But who gives a shit about a shitty game?

The guy who focus his autism in doing that arm wich will explode anyway.

>Shitty game
Have you ever played it?

I kinda want to make a zeppelin, but no helium pumps yet.

>mfw I can't make big bridges, because it'll lift the center of mass too much.

Multiplayer crewed ship pvp when

>shitty game
buttmad FTD/robocuck player detected

>Playing Campaign
>So far just poorly managing to turtle inside my base.

>Trying to learn in the thick of it
>AI keeps throwing some absurd long range artillery ships at me
>Last pair were some weird ass ghetto airship/boats that I had to spam build Missile Launchers with 7 Blocks in order to kill adequately while my base was plummeting out of the sky around me.

I gotta figure out those rapid fire CIWS like turrets or some shit.

>figure out
They are a firing piece, with some barrels and a 2 axis turret, connected to two side autoloaders. With the turret standing on weapon and ams controllers. Have to shoot a missile twice, but it fires very fast.

Shell composition is 4 block: AP, sabot body 2x, gunpowders, I think.

If you have problems with cannons, use shields.

puzzle pirates

It's still alive? Last time i played it (maybe 7 years ago) it was so dead it made look /egg/ alive

Who's that guy?

I last played it on a Pentium III.

what the fuck have I been saying about inverse kinematics this entire fucking time?

>mfw drinking Spice tea while listening to youtube.com/watch?v=oRqjVPljSGQ and designing FtD desert vehicles

>now
I specifically recall that being shown in either a patch video (as a community highlight) or during the early days of Marek streams.
y'know, back in the days where a dev gassing seemed imminent.
It's old.

What if FtD shields were replaced by NPCs with shields? And nucannons/crams for ballistas/catapults?

For sails and paddles 'era', I mean. Since the game calculates the trajectory on shot, npcs might have enough time to run there and shield it.

I've started doing the paintjob on this boring bote and i expect to finish it soon
>Inb4 it's shit

Looks more like a castle.

Where the fuck is N3X15 when you need him?

Why do you need him friend

Because PIDs still don't support fucking dedicated blades.
Which is fucking horrible in every way.

Dont know, say it again.

>LAMS might be able to shoot down big nucannons and cram shells
Amusing

I hope they add a module that lets you turn shells that hit your vehicle and don't explode into metal for the ultimate jewing experience

So, laser shields and lams seems to be the thing of the future.

Unless the enemy decided to lose a lot of dps and chose innacurate shield projector disruptors. And then followed with regular shells.

Also, we might get ammo mixer that works kinda like an ammo belt with different ammo types in it

>Also, we might get ammo mixer that works kinda like an ammo belt with different ammo types in it
You can already do that using multiple ammo inputs that get ammo from different ammo controllers

It's not actually boring. It's really OTT.

So I'm noticing on the included stock CRAM Submodules that the fucking shell is slow as fuck

How would I speed up the velocity of a shell, the barrel was like 10+ Segments long. Would I have to just figure out how to make the shell longer and add more gun powder (Like real bullet cartridges)

Or is there some other antediluvian methodology at work here?

You don't.
You literally can't get it over 160m/s.
Yes, it is in fact fucking retarded. Nick is awful at all things balance.

Motherfucker.

Avorion is the best game here.

Nick has the fucktarded idea that the only to fix things is to add features. I think he's under the impression that if he just keeps throwing new things at the problem he'll eventually uncover the holy grail of balance. Instead, he's making the issue worse. He's throwing major change after major change without waiting to check the effects of anything.

Ideally, he should stop fucking balancing and rebalancing shit while he's still adding new shit. Make all the weapon systems nice and complete before rebalancing them for the fiftieth fucking time, jesus christ.

I think it looks nice
Rude
I think it looks good user. I like the paint job.

Thanks m8, i'm finishing the description and i'll upload it
If you want to name it, you're still in time