/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Junethack is ongoing for the rest of June: junethack.net/
/rlg/ clan:

Poschengband 4.0.2 released: angband.oook.cz/forum/showpost.php?p=111187&postcount=195

DCSS Trunk Updates: crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-25-may-2016

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.develz.org/wiki/doku.php?id=dcss:brainstorm:dungeon:hell-pan_roulette
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>/rlg/ clan:
I love how no one has removed this since I added it.

First for Chei. Remember to take it easy.

third for fix pathfinding algo

I kept it because it tells people to make one.

Can death curses kill you?

>first for chei
>gets second post
What's the next step in your master plan?

Get real sad. I was going to make a post about how we still have the /rlg/ post, but the first post blew me right the fuck out.

he's just taking it easy, user

Dead in 6(!!!) normal hits. What a shit boss.

Yes.

of course, chei hates those who rush. Second is cheifirst.

DF Fortress Mode is the best Roguelike.

Is there any way to get back in here? My ninja couldn't handle biclops rock spam.

>chei being slow
Wow big shocker there huh?

That's why I called it a master plan retard.

Nope. Biclops is a great stopping point, by the way.

What game is this friend?

poschengband

Why do all you guys play PCB instead of some other *band? What separates it from the pack?

She was a little difficult because I couldn't iron spike her without risking the breath attack so I had to lure her around the trees so I could get some stabs in.
Because it's basically a mashup of other bands so it has a lot of content.

I'm going to sleep, catch you guys later.

Last thread was a trainwreck.

Do the meme enemies get annoying? Be honest f.a.m.

why

Not an argument.

Ashenzari

Ashenzari is cursed! cursed!

Trog

Not an argument.

That's one of them colourless magic card creatures.

Not an argument.

I'm trying FeMo of Jyiva.

Why the fuck it's so hard. By the time I reach lair everything hurts my ass so hard it's not even fun. In my best run I had to worship Ely to be able to deal with hydras and have a shitty heal that's actually not so bad when you have 50 hp.

Then I reached slimes entrance and there was no altar. So I dived into pits, logical solution. I got killed once on pit:6 because my stealth failed just when I was sneaking past TRJ, and died again after converting because and acidic blob was too retarded to see I was worshipping his god and blasted me with acid.

Long story short: Lair:7 is too hard for a Fe at xl10, so I died after 10 steps outside pits. Send help.

This is my favourite one (aside from the wonderful ashenzari drawing of course).

Yeah, easily.

Yes.

What is an argument?

You can't really make it any easier. Felids are hot garbage.

Source on these? They're really good.

I think this is Morgoth making out with Sauron.

Do they fit well with the mechanics of the game though or are they blatantly forced?

Not. An. Argument.

Not an argument.

>Not an argument

Not an argument. I'm going to have to kick you from the stream for being so unintellectual, not cool dude.

No because they can easily end your 20+ hour run if you're not careful.

Corwin, Lord of Avalon

What are the "meme" monsters?
There are intentionally annoying monsters like It, Magic Mushrooms, and Dionysus.
Then there are monsters which are just references to shit.

Not an argument.

Not an argument. Sorry dude.

The stupid reference ones like Barny. Tbh it's kind of cool but still.

Not an argument.

Barney can spam toxic waste breath which can kill characters really fast if you're not careful.

Not an argument.

Is there strategy to it though or are the attacks of meme monsters just bullshit that don't fit the area they're in.

Not an argument.

Best you can do is run away and wait for him to approach you so you can bridge the gap.

They're all just monsters. Some of them ate super dangerous for when they show up: Gachapin, Locke, most later lovecraft monsters, warhammer greater daemons. Some are harmless or merely annoying, mario, the flying spaghetti monster, Sheer Heart Attack.

Not an argument. Will you give up already or will you just accept that I possess superior logic and reasoning skills than you? My arguments are arguments, your's aren't.

So boys is there any rogue with as much content as Elona? Given it's not really a roguelike but it's still on here a lot. Whats the next step down in terms of content?

Not an argument.

CDDA easily has the most content by far.
It's all shit though.

FUCK YOU. ONE FUCKIN DOLLAH? IS THAT ALL M8? Btw, not an argument.

Also Cata really is shit btw. Those fucking devs keep adding pointless bullshit and attempting to make the game "realistic" by removing abilities which doesn't make anything more fun just slightly harder in a boring and tedious way. What's wrong with them f a m.

Not an argument.

>What's wrong with them f a m.
They believe that tedium = challenge and that the only reason anyone would not want challenge (tedium) is because they're a casul.
This becomes pretty clear if you ever visit their forums.

What is an argument? Because I know that's NOT AN ARGUMENT.

Have people told them their ideas are shit though? Or do they just not listen.

Not an argument.

You're not an argument f a m.

On occasion yes, someone does step in to call an idea shit.
This is usually met by calling them a casual, bleating "muh realism" or simply dismissing them because they don't have a 4+ digit postcount.

>15 runes may soon be a thing of the past
crawl.develz.org/wiki/doku.php?id=dcss:brainstorm:dungeon:hell-pan_roulette
tl;dr they're proposing that Hell OR Pan will spawn in each game.

>But user, the game needs to be tedious and have terrible mechanics, don't you like FUN?

This is why I hate Internet forums that aren't anonymous. They always circle jerk fuck.

Why do they just keep shaving off bits of the game all the time?

Not an argument.

Do DCSS mods just like removing stuff?

If this does happen it will not for a long long time since a lot of the talk I've seen about it in ##crawl-dev has been negative.

> Keeping the demonic rune in a Hell-Pan roulette means an uneven rune count, though. There's a neglected monster set which can be put to work for this- the Holy monsters, currently mostly regulated to one vault in Pan and a lot of cameo / summon appearances. With constant reductions over the versions and years since the first big push to implement them contained many finnicky mechanics, Holypan has the two reliably functional and oldest angels alongside many straggler monsters not yet cut- this seems wasteful.

I support this part though.

Holy rune of Zot!

Yeah I'd be down for a celestial branch.
I did like the subtle flavour of the Holy realm being just another realm of Pan though.

I was gonna say I like that bit of it. It'd be neat to see the holy enemy set get a proper area.

Yeah and it also balances itself out because angels are hostile to worshipers of good goods so you can't just waltz in and get a free rune.

Starting from around version 0.13 or 0.14 yes.

Hell is Zanzibar land, pan is outer heaven. I'd be down for a celestial branch in hell.

I always saw holypan as kinda a group of "castaways," so to speak.
They got collectively lost in Pan, said "fuck it," and set up shop there.

Hey buddy, not an argument.

It's more of a resupply camp or outpost for angels while they wage war on the demons.

Not an argument.

where are the arguments?

Stop.

>Two seraphs and a pearl dragon come into view.

>He didn't dig a klilhole

Not an argument.

GAS THE DEVS.

GIT WAR NOW.

Not an argument.

>being a degenerate

Anyone else here feel like Nethack (at least Nethack4) is actually one of the easier roguelikes? It feels like I can progress quite a bit further than the likes of DCSS or Brogue.

NetHack is shit and is only popular for le epic meme messages.

Okay, I give up. You win this time f a m (but not with an argument, because that post is not an argument).

Nethack is very very easy.
The only roguelikes I've won quicker are super short ones like OWH, or TSL.
Angband is easier though, I think.

I was gonna quit soon too t b h Not an argument.

Why is it shit? Seems alright. It has a lot of interesting content too desu.

Well, damn.

>Nethack is easy

Why does it take years for people to beat it then? Are they just memers.

It relies on knowledge checks rather than skill checks.

>spoilers

Rude!

That's how I feel too. It's so mysterious. I find it more immersive than most other roguelikes.

I'm not saying it's easy, but it seems less likely to constantly slaughter you from the start than some others.

look at the size of that girl's dong
it's right there, erect like nobody's business