/hbg/ - Homebrew & hacking general

Last thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

smealum.github.io/3ds/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
momspaghetti.ytmnd.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So like....is Julian's sysupdater or Plailect's better?

Plailect's is much better. Julian's only goes up to 10.3 and uses the old/really unstable version of the kernel exploit.

Does anybody know a similar site like Spriters Resource or Models Resource that handles sound effects of specific vidya. Looking forward to add sound effects to themes.

Does JK Save Manager work with Smash Bros / Animal Crossing?

I have GW and .3ds ROMs and want to switch to Luma, so I need to move those saves.

you know that GW saves the saves as .SAV on your SD? But yeah, I believe JK works fine

I'm a bit lost with the luma redNAND and sysNAND

so, after i used the luma and tinyformat seems like i lost everything i had, like formatting my 3ds that's my "sysNAND" right? so i need to use the browserhax again to be able to use the homebrew, use luma again to use redNAND???

I get a black screen when i do that.

H-help PANICCCCCCCCC

Thanks! I used Julian's on my old n3DSxl then once I got to the arm9lhack part, I hard-bricked. I am beyond hesitant with this + kinda feel dying every time I finish a single step of this guide.

Yeah but won't I need .cia ROMs for Luma? Last time I tried to switch to .cias those two didn't like the save files.

I've been gone for a week

What did I miss

maybe try JK's cartridge save file dumping while having a game selected? That might work

Is it possible to play Kirby: Robobot right now if its downloaded through ciangel, or do I need to wait until it gets offically released?

5.6.0 soon

put on tubehax DNS

you've been able to play it since april

Is there a reason why OTPHelper won't launch from Homebrew Launcher on 9.2.0 sysnand for me? I swear I've tried like 8 times already, and it hangs on a black screen every time.

I'm on N3DS and launching from OoTHax if it helps.

I'm a moron at this shit, I tried downloading it through ciaangel and couldn't get it to launch, it sat on the 3ds logo screen, how do I fix that?

why not just download the cia?

>OoTHax
literally why

Is there a way to do that that doesnt involve taking the sd card out of my 3ds

>Copy SecureInfo_A_emergency, movable_emergency.sed, title_emergency.db, and ticket_emergency.db from the root of your SD card to a safe location on your computer and back them up to multiple locations (such as online file storage); they do not replace NAND backups, but in the event of lost backups could save you from total data loss (after further research and development is completed)

I followed the guide to the exact letter and I don't have these files. Did I do something wrong? Its not like I don't know what i'm doing I softmodded a couple of 3DS consoles already.

>smash param changes load
>smash skins don't load

Anyone know where's the correct place to put the skin files?

>I followed the guide to the exact letter and I don't have these files. Did I do something wrong?
yes

Well clearly that's not the issue. I just installed Menuhax, tried again and black screen yet again. I have no idea what the issue could be.
Any thoughts?

That's a new set of steps that was added not too long ago. You should go ahead and dump them though (particularly movable.sed, that one's used to encrypt data on your SD card and could theoretically let you decrypt your saves on a different 3DS).

I get this message after using tinyformat, i'm locked in the formatted sysNAND???

what a lazy bum. No

have you tried trying again?
should help with the instability of OTPHelper on n3ds.

How would I go about doing that if I may ask?

This guide changing as I go is not helping.

Now that's a throwback kinda meme, I like it

yes

scan this in FBI

Maybe try scanning the QR from the titlekeys site with FBI?

>still using shameless instead of just using the titlekey site
why?

Use Decrypt9's SysNAND Options -> file dump function after you completely finish the guide. They won't be called "_emergency" but whatever, they're the same files.

It looks like the files are normally dumped by OTPHelper, but step 4 of the guide isn't actually activating that option, so I dunno.

I think I figured it out. Looks like it probably had something to do with the latest release of OTPHelper that was released about 10 hours ago.

I grabbed v0.87 instead and it launched successfully on the first try. Weird.

they both do the same thing who gives a fuck faggot

So it's okay to continue as long as I grab these files at the end and safely back them up,Correct?

Nice virus, hardbricked my A9LH hardmodded 3DS. Don't download.

Yeah. You don't need them; people that did the guide before like 10 hours ago don't have them at all.

HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T READ IT AT ALL, fuck, i'm stupid, everything is okay anons.

Thanks user.

so if im currently on 9.9.0 and im trying to downgrade to 9.2.0, would it be best to use PlaiSysUpdater or Julians's b/c Plai's is taking fucking forever on the HAX INIT

Plai

Don't judge me, please.

the one from the guide, make sure you're using menuhax to downgrade and not going through browserhax

I came here hoping for PS3 homebrew. Disappointing. I guess I'll have to play my luck on google and hope I don't brick my device.

Alright, buddos, here's the dealio
I have a N3DS that I wanna hack, it has 10.7.0-33
and an Old 3DS, that has 9.5.0-22. Now, I was told I can use OoT to mod the N3DS following these instructions:
>put OoT catridge in O3DS
>put oot3dhax.3DSX file on sd card in correct place then place in O3DS
>delete all saves on OoT (Not sure if this is optional)
>go to browser and use browserhax
>Once browserhax has loaded scroll down to oot3dhax
>follow the prompts and choose save slot to hack
>select firmware "New 3DS 10.7.0"
>install
>use OoT catridge on New 3DS to get homebrew and downgrade to 9.2

How accurate is this, and is there anything I should know beforehand?

accurate, it's recommended that you format the n3ds before downgrading as you only have one shot at it so you don't soft brick

looks pretty accurate to me

if 10.7.0 isnt an option in the OoThax installer download the ropbin and otherapp here

smealum.github.io/3ds/

New to homebrew, I can only do it through OoT. Do I need to have Power saves?

powersaves or access to another hacked 3ds

you can use Powersaves or if you have a friend/another 3ds on lower firmware you can follow this

Upgrading from Rei 10.7 to a9lh. Trying real hard to follow step 4 to the letter. When injecting FBI to h&s, I get hs.enc has wrong size, inject failed. advice?

That sucks, I really don't want to buy one.

Mkay! I used menuhax and it had an error in the middle of downgrading and I had to go into recovery via button combo. How do I fix this partial downgrade? I'm unable to boot semi-normally (black-screen without button combo recovery).

This was going from 9.9.0-26u to 9.2.0 on a N3DS. I'm very scared ;w;

It was one of the "Error occurred. Power down..." errors, to clarify.

you boot without the sd card in, after it boots you can put your sd back in and change your theme, reinstall menuhax and rerun the downgrade so it finishes the remaining files

"Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings (Once you exit System Settings / SD Card Management you will be returned to SysNAND, make sure to enter back into RedNAND before updating!)
As your 3DS is setup right now, you must launch Luma3DS from the Homebrew Launcher every time you want to boot RedNAND; by the end of the guide you will boot into CFW SysNAND by default instead of having to use RedNAND"

How do i update my redNAND? just like an official firmware update?

yeah

Then what was the point of downgrading to 9.2?

rednand and sysnand are two different things, updating rednand is fine

Thanks for the reply. I've done that, changed themes, changed back, and still get the same error message when I try to install menuhax.

It says to verify
>menuhax build for my system
check
>the release archive includes builds for your system
???
>directory contains .lz files in /3ds/menuhax_manager/themepayload/
It does, but it does not contain "menuhax_USA25600_new3ds.lz ... Is that what it is looking for? Or is that just the OoT save?

Assuming your a9lh device is full updated to 11.0 can you do a system transfer from another device to it and keep a9lh and have all your games/saves from the other device?

I ask because my brother is looking at getting a N3DS to replace the 3DS he currently has and he wants me to hack it for him so he can pirate shit, but doesn't want to lose his Animal Crossing save data and shit.

what version are you on? there is no menuhax on 10.6+

hey does anyone know if you can use the same hs.app from 10.7 on 11.0 or vice versa when injecting?

Oh, that explains it. Thank you.

I'm on 10.7, so I need to skip that until the downgrade, I guess.

it says it in the OP and the guide even says
>If you are using a game for hacks, you will need to enter HomeBrew Launcher using it instead of browserhax or menuhax while on 10.6.0/10.7.0. After completing the initial 9.2.0 downgrade, you no longer need the game to complete the rest of the guide.

So I got LumaCFW installed and set up. Put FBI in the 3DS folder. What do I do now? I tried QR scanning freeshop to install that, but it just errors me everytime.

I'm retarded and misinterpreted this to mean only the first time, hence the confusion.

you use the injected fbi not the homebrew one

Ah so that's what's wrong, thank you for the help.

>own a physical copy of every 3ds game I'd ever want to play
>decide to a9lh my 3ds anyway
>8 hours later and I'm still just playing physical games I own

Anybody have a 3DS recommendations list?

Thanks, I just rerun the downgrade like regular after reinstalling menuhax? No removing any updates from the updates folder or anything? I seriously don't want to brick this thing

yes, no it will finish installing whatever files didn't install because of the error you got

Where is the repair option? Is it not visible because it's not out in NA yet?
Only download I can find for it is title keys and it doesn't work after trying 3 times.
Tried once more while typing this and now 3days till distribution shows up, would rather play it now if someone could spoon feed me a link to a working mega for robobot

yes no? im assuming you meant "yes continue" in a gist, right?

you asked 2 questions so yes to the first and no to the second

how many times would it take to get OTPHelper started? i've tried maybe 30 times and it's always stuck in a black screen

Oh! Sorry bout bein a doltz then. And thanks, you're a

Anyone have a Ace Attorney USA save file?
I started playing AA4 Apollo Justice, and I just remembered I never played 1-5 the bonus case from AA1, the one that didnt come out with the GBA release

Have you converted all your physical games into digital so you never have to carry the cards with you? That's what I did for the ones I still play. Getting a physical Animal Crossing was a mistake.

Never even considered it, but that seems like a great idea. How would I go about doing that?

So as long as I can't access the eShop on my Wii U, I'm safe from 5.6 if it comes out today, right? It seems like it's not happening but I just want to know my current prevention measures are still safe.

anyone?

OH YEAH
It's not out in NA yet, so it won't show up in the eShop.
Try installing with the latest FBI build, or get a cryptofixed CIA.

Hold X on system boot. If you have a9lh installed correctly it should boot into uncart and convert. Takes a long time for each game though.

>Copy SecureInfo_A_emergency, movable_emergency.sed, title_emergency.db, and ticket_emergency.db from the root of your SD card to a safe location on your computer

>Tfw i don't have any of those

w-what?

Neat, thanks.

Capitalization matters, I thought.

Guys, i'm stuck at step 16 from this guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

When i try to inject FBI_inject_with_banner.app it gives me a "hs.enc has wrong size" and "Health&Safety Inject: Failed"
I retried twice now, there's no error on the Universal Inject Generator and i also tried renaming FBI_inject_with_banner.app to "hs.app" to no avail
There's like only 2 google search with this problem and none of them had replies

just rename and merge, nigger

anyone got a qr code of CIAngel .80

Should i continue without said files?

Did dirtyhax/basehax/pokemonwhateverhax ever go anywhere?

so I have a9lh with aureinand on 10.4 can I safely just use the system settings to update firmware to the most recent?

>
>

The N3DS came like a new one, it had me initialize it and everything. So I guess that's formatted in this case?

Also ONE SHOT made me think of this
momspaghetti.ytmnd.com/

Does anyone have experience with PS3 CFW? My system is on 4.6 and I see that the latest firmware is for 4.8. Will there be a problem if I jailbreak this way?

WAIT DOWNGRADING TO 2.1.0 WAS A MUST?!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT so now i'm fucked because i skipped part 4?... damn i don't feel like i want to keep doing this shit.