they're celtic

No there are arabic

Chinese

>germanic
>latin
>celtic
>arabic
>chinese
So definitely not white though that we can all agree on?

No, we're French.

Define 'white'

if you get sunburned, you are white.

You know, even the niggest niggers can get sunburns. It's just a question of conditions.

French is not an ethnicity, it's a nationality. And yes, some of them are Germanic.

They're Germanico-Celtico Latinized slave.

They're celts with latin and germanic influences.

and celts are hunter gathers with neolithic middle eastern farmer influences

#Je suis celte
#Je suis germanique
#Je suis latin

Well, so are latins and italics in general for that matter. Most of western Europe is basically the same genetically.

They're celtified romanized frankified latinized pre-indo-european aborigines

>Easternlings
>White

Does this count as wewuzism? I think it should.

No, because no one in France actually cares.

I really was referring to the germs, who try to claim every successful european state as germanic just like niggers claim anything not spawned at the north pole as black.

Germans are Germanic
Not all germanics are german
Anyone with a brain should know this though

Franks were undoubtedly germanic, French are not
Not linguistically, not ethnically, maybe in some part genetically more so in certain regions than others

You can't be genetically germanic, because you're talking of an ethnolinguistic group with a rather diverse genetic footprint. If you wanna talk of germanics as a genetic group, you have to exclude the majority of the people called such through history, from as far back as pre roman times.

Isn't northern Italy germanic due to the longobards?

Okay, in that case the french aren't germanic simple and clear

Define 'Germanic'

Ethnically European

European since when?

prior to the introduction of farming, Otzi age, 4000 years ago, 2000 years ago?

Define "are"

Anytime during or after the Roman Republic

No way. The longobards were not that numerous, they were pretty evenly spread on the peninsula, and their influence was negligible.
Not to mention the franks basically genocided them after Charlemagne and replaced them in most of the north (hence why only one region is called Lombardia). Stupid fucks kept revolting in the north east.

they speak the language of their conquerors, thus no.

The Scots are more Germanic than anyone else on the British isles

No, Germanic is a linguistic group with no genetic affiliation.

French includes some Germanic words but is derived from Latin.

/thread

That's so arbitrary

A Greek from Thrace is an "ethnic European", but a Turk from right across the Bosporus is not. But Greeks and Turks are genetically almost identical.

I think he's implying that "whiteness" is an ethnic rather than genetic attribute.
Which frankly makes more sense than any sort of genetic definition.

Only the yellow part are real frenchmen

rude

>it's actually a finn

not surprised

>recognizes finn street names
Get the fuck out of here, you mongshit

not rude

languedoc should rise against they Spanish, French and Italian opressors.

>45
That nigga doesn't look that old, I'd have said early to middle 30s.

Fair enough

/pol/ makes fun of this guy but he's based as fuck

Celtic/Germanic mix

Also the Lowland Scots, Anglo-Welsh, and Scots-Irish were considered white

I'm french

>Hel(sinki) look
>that fucking street name erottajijiijijehei

100% finn confirmed

It's still pretty funny
The dude claims he's celtic while being black and thinks kilt is a Breton tradition somehow

they are latin. the germanic franks took over gaul but they were only the ruling class.

Gaul is Gaulish not Latin.

>Anonymous 07/22/16(Fri)13:48:35 No.
Nope we aren't.

We speak a latin language, and we're catholic.

>"Bretons are not French !"
I love this meme

GIBE ME BACK MA LAND !!!!

That's a language map, friendo

>what are anglo-saxons

Literal immigrants from Conrwall though

I'm 1/4th Breton so this means I'm 1/4th English ?
>LONG LIVE THE QUEEN

Franks, Goths, Burgundians and later Vikings culturally enriched the local celtic peasants and gallo-roman elite.
The end.

Hardly

>tfw you suddenly discover you're white

This is jarring.

Majority of French, I think around half of the "ethnic" ones, are genetically Germanic while the next largest genetic group would be Celtic/Gaulic.

Cornishmen aren't English.

Lowland Scots

They certainly speak a purer dialect of anglic than anyone else

Northern and Eastern French people probably have a lot of Germanic genetics in them.

>Romans taking over makes them Latin
>Franks taking over doesn't make them German

The French are Latinized-Germanized Celts.

There was no ethnic class system dumbass.

>the ethnic warrior class who just invaded didn't prop themselves at the top of the conquered society
Alright, man, whatever you say.

It didn't, that's the whole fucking point of Clovis' conversion to Catholicism, and the entire reason France survived the dark ages, and also most likely the reason the Franks even managed to conquer all of Gaul in the first place. The Franks adopted the local religion and intermarried with the locals, while also maintaining the Gallo-Roman aristocracy in place and sharing the land 50/50.

>Frank nobles only held 50% of the land, and shared the rest with the Gallo-Romans

That's still 50% of the land for a considerably smaller part of the population.

Yeah, so? They still weren't an ethnic ruling class since they intermarried with the Gallo-Romans, within two generations there was no longer such a thing as ethnic Franks (except in Eastern Austrasia where the local population was Frankish as well).

>believing the memes

wrong

>Spain
>Not white

The Latin/Germanic/Celtic/Slavic subracial division is bullshit.

All Europeans were originally hunter gatherers

This, even anglos and southern germans are more celtic than anything else

there were no celts in southern germany

The French have all kinds of ancestry. This applies as well to the Germans.

French is cluster-fucked creole of vulgar Latin and Germanic. Heavily corrupted language at all.

English is cluster-fucked creole of Germanic, Latin and French. Heavily corrupted language at all.

indeed

You are mistaken.
Archeological evidence, Tacitus, basic education.
Read up on Hallstatt culture, Latène culture.
Speechless.

Nope. There were.

What are the Boii ?

And the Celts were also in Northern Germany and Netherland(sicambri marcomanii, etc)

WE WUZ LATINS

t. charlememe

hallsatt andla tene are the basis of germanic culture

>Austrian
>Swiss
stay cucked Germany (caring about this shit automatically makes you an idiot desu)

>hallsatt andla tene
>Germanic

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Be German
>The Roman Empire was ruled by italian, syrian, illyrian, gallic, britonnic and dacian emperors
>Fuck that, some of them have light hairs and light eyes, therefore WE WUZ ROMANZ N SHEIT
>The Marcomanni, Sicambri and Boii are gaulish names, their leader carried gaulish names.
>Fuck that, they're germans
>Hallstat and La Tène, clearly show sign of being celtic, like the oppida, and are located in celtic lands
>Fuck that they're germans, after all, only swamp dweller like us germans, can create a civilization
>Charlemagne was born in Quierzy-sur-Oise, France, spoke old french, loved the latin culture and the latin poets like Horace, Ovid, and Virgil. He also was immortalized by french poets in the the Sung of Roland, the Pilgrimage of Charlemagne, etc
>Fuck that he was german, i don't care until 1950 we never claimed him, but now he spoke german, i also don't care franks ceased to speak Frankish after they conquered gaul, he still spoke Frankish

no word can describe how i hate you, Hans.

Charlemagne actually spoke old High German, was probably born around Modern day Belgium. France turning Charlemagne into a historical waifu dosen't prove shit and him loving Latin culture dosen't make him any more french or german. Stating he's one or the other is anachronic and just fucking retarded. These autists who state that the Franks and French are one and the same just because of "Muh same name" need to take their heads out of their asses. FRANKS ARE FRANKS. THE FRENCH AND GERMANS ARE FRANKISH DESCENDANTS. So please would all the Frogs and Krauts give it a rest already.

>So please would all the Frogs and Krauts give it a rest already.

Impossible. Pretty sure thats their raison d'etre.

>Poles aren't white

No they're Algerian

Nope it is the algerians who are french, in fact they speak french, but french don't speak algerian :)

I get sunburned with only a couple of minutes out in the sun, and I'm Hispanic so I doubt you'd call me white.

Except it makes little sense to keep calling that concept "whiteness".

its genetic obviously

It's pointless.

Hispanic is not a race, there are white Hispanics.

so why have you and countless other jews been putting so much effort into trying to de-legitimize it on Veeky Forums for the past year or so? It can't be so pointless if you're that threatened by it