/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 7th:
1099 – First Crusade: The Siege of Jerusalem begins.
1494 – Spain and Portugal sign the Treaty of Tordesillas which divides the New World between the two countries.
1776 – Richard Henry Lee presents the "Lee Resolution" to the Continental Congress. The motion is seconded by John Adams and will lead to the United States Declaration of Independence.
1832 – Asian cholera reaches Quebec, brought by Irish immigrants, and kills about 6,000 people in Lower Canada.
1866 – One thousand eight hundred Fenian raiders are repelled back to the United States after they looted and plundered around Saint-Armand and Frelighsburg, Quebec.

>News
EU4 DD02/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-2nd-of-june-2016.940420/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

paradoxplaza.bIoghost.com/
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t
mediafire.com/?6rbe69db69fz3rs
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

New ck2 dlc when

HoI4 is kinda shit, dudes.

The OoB of HoI3 was the closest thing we had of HoI series evolving into a wargame.

vic 3 when?

Ffs the division designer would actually be superior to hoi3 if they didn't have to add army mana for changing it

What is the reasoning behind it? Fucks sake

never, johan confirmed it in todays stream

tips for japs?

Yeah, I know

Dunno why they did that either

This 2bh

Bit sad now

Don't kill yourself and breed more

You can find updates on the Paradox blog

paradoxplaza.bIoghost.com/

No shit

You mean evolving into having a job in accounting.

totally not a virus goys

I mean it isnt amazing, but its fun enough. With mods I think it can reach the level of HOI3 and maybe beyond, but it depends on if itll have enough of a dedicated mod support from people.

This 2bh. Battalions are cool but what's the point in training mana

>wargame

WHY DO YOU WANT THAT SO MUCH

>le false link to malware site again
I don't know how mods didn't ban you for spreading your malware shit here

I have around 900 hours in hoi 3 breh.
And i don't see what was so tedious about clicking on a corps/army and moving it kinda close to your front line divisions every once in a while.
You didn't have to move them at the same fucking time all the time.

>>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] - unHPM v1.3.1
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>>[V2] - Robmod v2.5
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t

did you try drawing pointier arrows?

Don't understand this battle shit

Make a border, draw offensive line, execute order? Is that literally as deep as it goes? No intricacies?

The army mana's the worst part about it. You can't really try out badical experimental compositions or strategies or anything because you're locked behind the fucking army mana before your first war.

I wanted to try mechanized/blitzkrieg France

Based Cobra

cobra lad why don't you like my meme mod

Are there any penalties to controlling your units manually? The battle plan execution feels awful. I have been playing it like Darkest Hour.

Well in hoi3 if you were automating troops it was just click on the capital and unpause

Why not move the troops yourself ladm8

Pretty much, user.

Who the fuck automated theaters in HoI3 ?

Can someone explain why navies have their own factories (dockyards) but planes and ground troops use the same?

Feels like they should have kept it as all 3 sharing one type or given each its own type

Just got home from work. Where's a download link.

Veteran Hoi3 player here , how the heck do I manage the troops? I can do anything except actual combat.

podcat

Explain to me why I want to have my commanders out of range of the units they are commanding. Come up with a valid reason and ill admit it isn't tedious.

Otherwise your autism must be off the charts if you think this isn't retarded.

Beautiful

The lack of pops is still a major problem , most armies late game are only around 15,000. I'm not sure if there is a way to fix this though. even with pop growth decisions the entire world is deserted.

Podcat is based

Well seeing as you're the one automating your troops the first change you get in hoi4 then it was probably you who automated theatres

For real, the province density isn't THAT HIGH that you can't just control all your units manually
Also I wish there was a menu where you could see all the combats going on currently or something, it's super easy to lose track of front progress since there are no popups or anything about attacks

What exactly are you making?

I did, and manually controlled special units like heavy armour, was the best way

It's really annoying too because if you're waiting for boat tech to come through there's sweet fuck all you can build other than convoys

anyone who didnt want to manage a large as fuck front

fuck I remember how shitty I was playing clean up with a large front was in HOI3
>tfw forgot the supply system even existed
bravo paracucks for removing the best system of hoi3
>tfw theres runaway army building because troops dont have unkeep like they did in hoi3

LADS WHAT DO I LOOK UP FOR A HOI4 TORRENT

It's the sensible graduation from "casual with mild autism" to "autist".

The ultimate autism is Gary Grigsby games

Retard

I've been playing hoi4 10 hours straight and my arm is starting to hurt

It's that old zombie mod converted to the latest HPM, I made a few decisions like encouraging pop growth to make the game less of a chore past 1850 but I need something better

but dat 50% attack bonus for drawing a line bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>anyone who didnt want to manage a large as fuck front
Any casual who couldn't manage a front
I never automated any troops in HoI3, easter front or western front

Please keep working on it, I never got around to playing it and now I want to
release when

Plebs

based podcat did

There's actually the zombie mod for HPM that HPM fixed a few days ago in his pastebin

Fuck me convoy raising seems broken as fuck I'm just using France's starting submarines with no extra techs and I'm sinking like 10 axis convoys a day

virus.exe
then youd be playing at a low speed or youd be playing suboptimally because you couldnt take advantage of weak spots

some of us dont want to spend 10 days to finish a game so I normally had my main battle line automated (unless the front is managable) then the elite and armor I used myself

Yeah, I played a low speeds
Or rather I paused

> youd be playing suboptimally because you couldnt take advantage of weak spots
Like the AI would

Sorry you have the attention spam of a child

Playing at speed 3 and pausing a lot you can win the war against Russia in a few hours easily

fug

>Watching the AI play video games for you

How do I use planes?

Anyone here played as the Duke of Axum and goal was to restore Isreal? Any tips? Super scared of Egypt right now and my sons, none of them as high as stewardship or martial as me so my levies are not going to be as much once I die.

Cs.rin has a mega link Google it

Nah you need to play at speed 5 and be done with the game in one hour otherwise the retards won't finish it

t. pædophile

Here

mediafire.com/?6rbe69db69fz3rs

This one is an updated version, it adds new decisions and takes out the meme governments like State of Emergency that break the game

Go on the air map mode, click on a region and then choose the mission for each air wing

AI was pretty competent on moving a front forward, I got tired of having to shuffle and click after the initial offensive when the enemy is basically jelly

using manual control when you already have the enemy overrun is just retarded. However using AI control before that point is kinda dumb too. Id manage my front as France until I broke through and had the germans on the run for instance
>implying I enjoy having to shuffle troops around when the war is already won

Virus do not click

nice virus

>>HOI4 Crack (May contain a chinese botnet)
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

>send equipment
>send men
>decide to clear barcelona region of red scum
>zoom out and see this
franco for ficks sake

>start tutorial as Italy
>get raped by ethiopians until I realize im supposed to be building millitary supplies to reinforce
Just like in real life!

How is this possible, game only came out 11 hours ago

Reported to the police for the racist flag

two capitals?

>AI was pretty competent on moving a front forward,
No, it wasn't. It is absolutely horrendous at making any progress

You could see that when you played a weaker enemy against a stronger enemy, like Italy holding an eastern front where the USSR grinded to a halt the Werhmarcht advance.

t. cobracrunch

What's the fucking point of cavalry and/or the military police?
The default cavalry is fucking shit for attacking.
The default military police is fucking shit for military policing.
The default cavalry make better military police than military police.

Province names FUCKING WHEN

Thanks

>playing as a weaker enemy against a stronger one
thats just dumb to use AI control but when you basically have won the war against the enemy why would you capture VP's yourself? Thats where the AI control shined. basically wiped out the USSR army and dont feel like moving your armies to capture VP's? no probs! OOB is a fucking mess after your offensive? AI dont give a fuck

Wait so you don't actually build units anymore you build equipment?

>I wanted to try mechanized/blitzkrieg France

This. France was a my favorite cunt in HoI3 aside from Yugoslavia because of the insane shit you could and sometimes had to pull to win on the harder difficulties, yet still maintain some degree of believability.

You do know that as Germany it is in your best interests to drag this war out for as long as possible as long as Franco wins, right? True for both real life and in game.

Some people want to be emperors, some want to be generals. I want to be Emperor-General.

Y'know, like Napoleon.

What's the difference between support artillery and dedicated artillery?

Am I cheating if I remove mana to edit divisions?

You build both.

>there's casual scum in this thread who think that HOI IV is hard.

Yes but do it anyway

I'm confused with the same thing, hoi3 was way easier for me.

Don't know about Hearts of Iron 4 but Cav is the best for upgrading and saving IC.

Thanks pal

Is the game easily crackable like the other paradox games?

So you are saying you used the AI control just because you played against weaker enemies
wow

>why would you capture VP's yourself?
Because changing to AI control completely wrecks the OOB

and your divisions can consist of different models of weapons

Post your world conquest

Here's mine

>Download HOI4 crack
>Monitor starts flickering
>Johan slowly begins to appear from the bottom of the screen
>My volume is suddenly maxed out and a distorted scream begins to play endlessly on loop as Johan's smug face stares at me and slowly bounces of the edges of the screen.

Wahey lads, at least I didn't get the cryptolocker this time..

You choose what units you want to train and it'll tell you what you need to produce and how much.

It's very clunky compared to HoI3 since you need to manage two separate pages just to shit out units.