There are people who unironically don't pay off their credit card each month

>There are people who unironically don't pay off their credit card each month

What do you need a credit card for if you just pay the money at the end of the month anyways?

>""""""""""people"""""""""""

>What do you need a credit card for if you just pay the money at the end of the month anyways?

Building credit, ease of use, and rewards.

Having a balance can help your credit score. Obviously a low one. But it can be useful.

I work for a credit card company and this is simply not true.

I owe like a thousand dollars. Gonna pay it off with my student loan money and then shred that fucking card.

Are you telling me that credit cards companies don't like it when they are paid interest?

Credit card companies are not the ones grading your credit score.

They might think you're so fucking stupid for giving them free money that they're worried it's only a matter of time before you go broke.

yeah but they use credit scores so they must accept the reasoning the credit bureaus use to score people.

But they don't, currently.

Their has been talk of adding some data to standard credit reporting to measure carried balance vs transactions (charged then paid within a cycle) but so far their is no real will within the industry to change it.

They currently measure your credit balance as a snap shot at the end of the statement period, without any way of knowing if that is a carried balance or just added that cycle. The CC company knows, but not the reporting agency.

In other words, charging 200 dollars every month and paying it off is not visibly different than just carrying the 200 dollar balance and making minimum payments.

So no, don't carry a balance

how could you do this ironically?

How about during the initial 0% period?

Currently running a balance of around 30% on mine.

Then what's the best method for building credit? To just leave very little balance on it?

Get credit card

Use it, keeping balance under 30 percent of its max

Pay it off in full, on time, every time so you don't pay any interest

If you are new,Just to keep things simple, start with a reliable monthly expense on the card so you always know what it's going to be and you don't fuck up.

Check out online/application based payment and management so it's easy to always be on time.

Simple as that.

>to leave a little balance on it

No. For fucks sake.

0.00 should be the balance after payment

OK thanks you may I've been working on paying off my card for months now. Almost finished in a month to 3 months

>There are people who unironically have a credit card

i don't do it, but it's okay because im just doing it ironically

I owe like 3k mayne can't afford it

Are you a nigger?

Building up credit. How the fuck do you browse this board and not know that?

>there are people with credit cards

>Pay off credit card every month
>Always leave a balance of $0.01

bastard

>Building up credit
wtf is building up credit? is it an americlap thing, cause im from europe and never heard of it even once