/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 7th:
1099 – First Crusade: The Siege of Jerusalem begins.
1494 – Spain and Portugal sign the Treaty of Tordesillas which divides the New World between the two countries.
1776 – Richard Henry Lee presents the "Lee Resolution" to the Continental Congress. The motion is seconded by John Adams and will lead to the United States Declaration of Independence.
1832 – Asian cholera reaches Quebec, brought by Irish immigrants, and kills about 6,000 people in Lower Canada.
1866 – One thousand eight hundred Fenian raiders are repelled back to the United States after they looted and plundered around Saint-Armand and Frelighsburg, Quebec.

>News
EU4 DD02/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-2nd-of-june-2016.940420/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

HoI4 has a pretty bad AI

we know you control the OP

How do i use planes? I selected the air map and everything.

New ck2 dlc when

> Paradox will include 'Historical' mode in a future DLC

Click in the air base and assign missions

Fucked if I know the Chinks fell easy for me.

This game is beyond clunky it barely makes any sense. HoI3 was waaaaaay better.

>still not in archive

Where is assign mission?

Stop being an entitled little brat and go look for your own pirate shit

To your right, the icons in airplanes indicate the mission

Princess Sao, the terror of the South China sea and the first true ruler of the Haizei pirates, left the world for the great ocean beyond, at the age of 64. Her adopted daughter, Yuantong, would succeed her. Though few would miss Cheng Sao's furious temper, they feared her daughter even more. Yuantong had a reputation for poisons and trysts ending in blood, reportedly killing her lovers when she tired of them.

Where Cheng Sao's reign had been one of fire, Yuantong's would be one of blood.

There are actually some soviet infantry there too which they sent as an expeditionary, maybe that's why. Still doesn't make sense where they get supplies from.

Meant left

I wouldn't even download it if it was in the archive, I'm just shitposting

Thanks for confessing :^)

Is there a solid map mod for HoI4 yet?

Annex or Puppet Ethiopia?

hoi4 has shit AI guys
also my version has hitler's face blacked out, do I have the 3dm chink version?
I got it from kickass torrents from a user named IGG Games
ok

How do I get that sweet flat map for hoi4?

Though the sad excuses for clergy had long been run out of Haizei territory, there were pirates who might be counted among the faithful. These "old grumblers" were captains who had not only had successful careers at sea, but had lived long enough to retire. Their advice and counsel was well heeded by any who had the courage to call themselves a ruler in the free isles.

Their advice on the native unrest wracking the thinly spread Haizei was simple: trinkets, baubles, and bribes. As long as the tribal elders were kept happy, they claimed, the locals would quiet down with their absurd demands for the newcomers to go.

Does anyone care about these posts/this run? If no one is interested, I'll leave y'all be.

>no province names
wtf

Can someone explain the new battleplan system in hoi4?

i selected my army and drew a front line, but the map said no division selected or something

also what's the strat for nationalist china? concede beijing?

Lurking

Why do I always have to do everything on my own

Always puppet, good luck defending those worthless colonies around Ethiopia once you're at war with the Brits, just let the niggers fight them.

Believable worlds

keep raping user

Steamgroup/discordgroup shaking right now

do a game as Hungary

The new way occupation works is fugly as shit. It appears to be whoever takes the province rather than whoever owns the adjacent province, and it caused so much more border gore.

*ing

So how does the game fix borders like this? Post war peace events?

Take that bit of Slovenia north of the river. Just use changeowner or whatever when you win, assuming you aren't ironman.

Thanks. Guessing I should leave a contingent in Eritrea/Somalia and take the rest of my infantry home?

I JUST WANT FUUCKING COUNTERS REEEEEEE

>Red lanky hands of the soviet's around "poland"
It looks so ugly, like blood splatters from the act of ripping the reich's beating heart out.

What is this?

>HOI III comes out
"It's shit, HOI II is so much better"
>HOI IV comes out
"It's shit, HOI III is so much better"

There's a new peace treaty mechanic where each member takes turns claiming shit, depending on how much participation they had.

hoi4 is a great game

Forget about the borders I fucking won the war as Denmark, that's the biggest issue.
Look at how the rest of the allies stalled while I marched to Berlin and opened another front

stellaris babbys on suicide watch

>HOI V comes out
>Thank god it's more like EU5 in the way you can just pick up and play, not like that complicated game HOI IV

>hoi4 is too complicated for me
I learned most of the game in 2 hours

Well my first time playing a HOI game and my Girlfriend has decided she wants to make this her first paradox game as well.

WHY WAS I NOT AWARE VICTORIA II COULD LAN?! It took HOI for me to notice this.

I could have converted her so long ago!

Fuck, at least tell us that you waited for the Germany's to be well into the fight with France before you overwhelm the few divisions left at your boarder

i also want to convert her

hoi4 stellaris converter when

Whenever I play Italy I just pull them all out, you won't be able to send ships through the Suez canal unless you control the province of course. Just leave this area of Africa to Ethiopia. They'll probably get overrun but it's entirely irrelevant since, at least in Hoi3 their capital is the only VP in close by.
I'd focus on other shit, if you invade the British isles you'll get your shit back anyways.

That sounds kinda fun tbqh

Imagine taking your gross germania all the way from ck2 to blobbing the galaxy

It's the ultimate meme

>Win the game as Germany
>Black woman president in the year 2200

Meant to reply to

Anyone know when hoi4 is going in the archive? to lazy to search for own version/ dont want a chinese botnet

By the late 15th century, the Haizei pirates nominally controlled much of the northern Philippines. Although the natives inland paid the pirates little mind beyond trade and resolving occasional skirmishes, Haizei port towns flourished along the coast. Chinese pirates brought their riches to the islands, and after giving Mistress Sao her tribute, they were free to resupply and rest in safety.

To illustrate the extent to which the Red Flag fleet was able to hold Chinese shipping hostage, one can view Ming records of the year 1490. By their estimates, a full third of merchant traffic emerging from the Yangtze river and the nearby coastal cities was either seized or forced to pay tribute to Yuantong Sao.

Yuantong, did not indulge in the raids on poor coastal villages like her adoptive mother. Rather, vessels which defied the fleet would have their crews decimated and the survivors enslaved, with a sole free man left to spread the word of what had occurred.

I think I'm done for tonight, I'll pick this up again tomorrow. Being a pirate is insanely fun. This is something that EU4 legitimately better than EU3 (the custom nations and piracy in general).

who
>fascist britain
here

>Can't run the game
lol
>Too complicated
I skipped the tutorial and just jumped in, was able to hold my bearings and conquer a lot of Europe

Anyways, anyone know where the option to leave / disband a faction is? I'm in one alone with my puppets and I want to join another one.

Back when stellaris was about to release I posted about my plans to make a hoi4 stellaris converter but then the autism war started so I scrapped it.

I'll probably revive it a year from now when stellaris is long forgotten and abandoned by paradox.

OK. Two more quick questions if you don't mind

Any reason not to invade Yemen/Oman? Seems like it would be good for the oil

Should I join Axis as soon as that's available i.e now? Any downsides to that?

Fucking retards declared war on the soviet union after they annexed poland, so yeah, they were busy and eventually diverted their fronteir armies to me and they collapsed

What? No Mosley?

I know they were Monarchist but still, is it possible?

Me but how did you end up with Edward VII instead of Mosley?

counters + spirtes = best combination

Not him but the moment you go to justify war against a country, the UK will guarantee their freedom.

The old versions _are_ better when new ones first come out, 'cos paradox does patches & expansions & dlc for years.

How far were you before it was scrapped?

>some fat dane with 24 divisions under his command destroyed Germany

>declare war on Venezuela using the puppet CB from the preemptive intervention national focus
>for some fucking reason Estonia and Latvia join the war halfway through
>despite completely removing Venezuela from existence I only have 28% war score
>I have to invade the fucking Baltics in order to end a war in south america

you cant fucking make this shit up jewhan, how does this even make it past testing?

How do you change resolution in this piece of shit?

Options menu

I don't know how it works in Heart of Iron 4 but Romania has an oil refinery in 3 and Iraq has a fuck ton of oil. They're both closer, especially if you annex Turkey since you can just walk into Iraq. If it works like Heart of Iron 3 then Yemen and so on will be allies so you'll have to annex them anyways if you fuck aroud with the Brits and want to win.

Joining Axis depends on what you want to do, in HoI3 it's good for lower neutrality and research/supply bonuses. Just make you sure you don't accept German offers to join the war until you're ready or you'll get rekt no doubt.
You could just do your thing and wait if what happens in the East, if Germany gets rekt by the Soviets invade Germany for IC and if they don't join Axis and invade the Soviets.

Darkest Hour is still better than either Hoi3 or Hoi4 tho.

The same shit would happen in EU IV, it's fucking annoying.

ofcourse my man but mine is stuck to some random as fuck resolution.Isn't there a config or something? sorry for newbie questions

their horribly defensive and can't beat decent divisions

I got an event for Eddy to come out of exile and take over.

step one) draw a frontline by usually holding right click and dragging it over the enemies border

step 2) highlight the units you want to assign to that front line

step 3) if their in that theatre already, the battleplan system should appear, click on assign divisions

step 4) with the units highlighted and assign divsions button pressed, left or right click the frontline/assault option you want them to do

step5) if the units begin to move to that frontline, then the assignment has been completed

also, create borders with the attack plan, not arrows, as the ai will attempt to simply push down that single point

Did you go for upper class fascist support or popular uprising? Might depend on that, I guess. Did you get a civil war happening?

Not pictured USA fighting the Allies because Japan joined them.

Fucking AI needs work 90% Germany gets stuck fighting at Danzig for fucking years.

I don't actually own the game, I'm unpacking my torrent now.

For other paradox games, Documents/Paradox Interactive/[game] there's a settings file and it should have resolution in there.

Captcha: 666

Obviously HOI4 wasn't out yet so I never worked on that part but I did take a look at HOI3 to get a general idea on what I would have to convert. That's when shit started going down on the general so I stopped.

There isn't that much to convert and I could probably get the first version out in 1 month. I just don't want to be involved in the shitstorm a HOI4-Stellaris converter would cause right now so I'm gonna wait 1 or maybe even 2 years till I start working on it again. By then stellaris will be long forgotten.

so far what i'ev found in HOI4

port strikes too OP, 30 port bombers wiped out 32 battleships, cruisers and destroyers

ai is defensive and slow to build decent divisions

diplomacy and territory grabbing is fucked

supplys are no longer massively important

>game quality keeps dropping
Which part of that sentence is hard for you to understand?

Also because HoI4 is fucked/casualized up this much remade Keisserech wont never ever happen.

Upper Class. No civil war; Fascists took over in a referendum.

So you waited for fascists to get more support and didn't go for the uprising part?

You weren't even around when HoI2 came out.

In my game France and Germany decided to fight a fucking trench war until 1945... France didn't fall until 46 even after the USSR was conquered by Japan and Germany.

what if /gsg/ doesn't exist anymore in 2 years

>mfw i actually remember when it came out
>i rushed infantry tech and nukes as UK
>didnt know doctrines exist
>Germany kicked my ass in France and i wondered why

How do you become fascist?
Fo you just spend mana om correct minister?

Yep. I got a fascist cabinet minister for the fascists support, followed the events which gave fascist support and chose the upper class or internal cabinet or whatever it was, instead of popular support, and then allowed a referendum and they took over with Mosley as the head of my government. I then received an event where I could choose to have Edward VIII to take control, or keep Mosley.

>Start playing CK2 as my first grand strategy game
>raise my army and march over to my neighbour
>they don't fight back
>but the game doesn't let me just march right into their capital and take over
>this time declare war then march over
>kick their shit in
>Siege their fort losing a shitload of men
>win eventually
>nothing happens
>My army just sits there until their allies run me off
>Look this shit up apparently I should have made my chancellor fabricate claims first
>this has a 4% progress per fucking year
What the fuck? Alexander the Great didn't need this shit to conquer territory why can't I?

On the launcher, at the bottom left there's also a cog for resolution

>Still haven't beaten France
>War with the Soviets
Oh my god, I don't know what to say. This has to be a nightmare, the AI scripts are trash if they came to the conclusion of trying to rush the Soviet Union when they still had France to fight.

The Persian Übermensch does some work.

Are you going Axis, or making your own faction?

In HOI4 should i puppet or conquer ethiopia?

I haven't decided. I just dismantled the Axis, because Canada, Australia, New Zealand and even South Africa left due to my change in government.
I'm probably going to just let Germany fuck over everything and claim Calais and Normandy from France and restore my rightful borders.