/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 7th:
1099 – First Crusade: The Siege of Jerusalem begins.
1494 – Spain and Portugal sign the Treaty of Tordesillas which divides the New World between the two countries.
1776 – Richard Henry Lee presents the "Lee Resolution" to the Continental Congress. The motion is seconded by John Adams and will lead to the United States Declaration of Independence.
1832 – Asian cholera reaches Quebec, brought by Irish immigrants, and kills about 6,000 people in Lower Canada.
1866 – One thousand eight hundred Fenian raiders are repelled back to the United States after they looted and plundered around Saint-Armand and Frelighsburg, Quebec.

>News
EU4 DD02/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-2nd-of-june-2016.940420/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkQMBP16-XLEVHqSC4CM82aHB10OaG9-T
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Who let a chimp write the HOI IV description?

wtf I invaded turkey, I have better technology than them and this happened
wha tthe fuck

>the game is so easy

Anyone?

Reposting this from last thread:

Hey this is for the guy doing the Chinese Pirates AAR whenever he comes back but I remember you had to mod in a new religion so that Confucians can attack other Confucians but secular Confucian sounds dumb so I want to know if you ever considered making them Muslims or Christians, since both existed in China, the Christians being a sect banned by the Ming government.

Also, what government type are you using for the pirates, a custom one or one of the regular republics?

who should i nuke

That's because Greeks are subhumans

The divisions in training count to your manpower in units but not for the focus check.

>try to take a shit
>not enough fecal influence mana
>get constipated
>feel ill and roll onto stomach
>not enough research mana to learn how to crawl
>lie on floor groaning
>use up all my diplomacy manner and stay silent on the floor
>run out of supplies
>doesn't kill me as supplys don't mean shit

fuck HOI4

kill yourself fucking roach

did you check the battle modifiers? they could have air superiority, bombers, or navies bombing the coast.They could have a really good general, and it looks like you're attacking into a land fortification on a mountain.

I think I won this game, by doing absolutely nothing.

Some questions to HoI 4, pondering if I should pirate it.
Can you easily change your political orientation, ie can you play democratic or even Kaiserreich Germany or stuff like fascist USA?
How bound to history are you when it comes to alliances and the ai declaring wars and stuff?
Is steamrolling the world as Germany/ France still as easy as ever?

you lost the game

Paradox AI was never really top of the line, but they're just joking now with Stellaris and HoI4, right?

My fleet arrived and destroyed this World Destroyer 10 seconds too late for it to blow up my homeworld

It's laughably easy to change your political orientation. Then again, it's not that difficult in Darkest Hour either, and that's a much better game.

Okay, thanks.

>Can you easily change your political orientation, ie can you play democratic or even Kaiserreich Germany or stuff like fascist USA?

yes easily

>How bound to history are you when it comes to alliances and the ai declaring wars and stuff?

It's a sandbox not a history game. So do whatever the fuck you want

>Is steamrolling the world as Germany/ France still as easy as ever?

You can steamroll the world as Bhutan

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>it looks like you're attacking into a land fortification on a mountain

So what?

>Some questions to HoI 4, pondering if I should pirate it.
>Can you easily change your political orientation, ie can you play democratic or even Kaiserreich Germany or stuff like fascist USA?
It's extremely easy, completely braindead. No Kaiserreich, though.

>How bound to history are you when it comes to alliances and the ai declaring wars and stuff?
You aren't bound at all. It's a complete mess. My last game (before I alt + F4d) had a fascist UK + Japan + Poland Allies against a Franco-German "Axis" (Poland and France were both still liberal democracies)

>Is steamrolling the world as Germany/ France still as easy as ever?
Yes.

also it looks like they have more divisions than you. You should make some light tank divisions before you invade people, maybe try a defensive war since he has that land fort and bait him into you.

Air Force in this game is fucking confusing
I think I've sent all my fighters, bombers and NAV's flying over there
I also have a fleet in the aegean

Should have attacked Bulgaria first for a wider front to push in from.

Okay, I literally cheated and gave myself like 120 factories because my production in numerous games would literally not fucking move. Why are 120 factories only pumping out one infantry, and at a snails pace?

Are you attacking them into mountains? You could at least launch a naval invasion into Constantinople.

How do paratroopers work? I have some transports, how do I pile them in?

I haven't played, but from the threads it seems like you can pretty easily change your ideology in about 1 year if you set the right minister and then follow the right national focus path.

>that cashflow
I never really played much DW, but it looks like the economy is really as easy as I thought

g2a.com/ hearts-of-iron-iii-collection-steam-cd-key-global.html

Can I still buy this even though it's not on the steam store any longer ?

>No Kaiserreich, though.
Dropped

Imagine all the lost lives
All the years of evolution, war and suffering in one planet to reach the stars

It all ended in a few minutes and it will never come back

Are you producing equipment?

holy shit, lost it

No idea how to use transport ships, I don't even know where to build them

Is this safe to pirate?

Yup. I never had problem with money or resources. Disappointing desu

Hoi4 is the worst paradox game I've ever played

Atleast stellaris, for how generic it is, is atleast not claiming to be part of a previous game series.

Hoi4 is just fucking awful. Look at it compared to Hoi2 or DH or even Hoi3, it's like we've regressed decades.

are there any map modes that makes the things that aren't useful go away?

Send the transports to an airport then send your paratroopers over, then I think you have to make them active and the order will work.

The fun thing about space scifi is that you can go from philosophizing about the horrors of interplanetary war to a FUCK ALIENS revenge trip in 0.001 seconds

Is it true the holocaust/ genocide in general sin't featured in HoI 4?

You don't need transport ships, just naval superiority in the sea region and regular convoys.

Depends on how late game you are, your settings and you ship designs

I had economical problems in DH before though i'm not sure what happens when you completely run out of oney

Pretty sure I am. My Argentina game was pretty fun because I was actually pumping out units, whereas in my other games as similarly sized or smaller nations I have had a lot more difficulty with production. There has to be something I am just missing entirely that it is so fucked.

No. Some poor guy I used to play with pirated Stellaris to play with me and disappeared one day later. I think they got to him.

20 billion dead on that planet.

No. Enjoy your innovative terrain+political map.

It wasn't in any of them iirc

I don't think so. I can't tell what the fuck is going on sometimes when invading a small area with lots of troops.

why the fuck am I exporting shit I need?

Yeah Paradox are fanatic holocaust deniers

>Soviet Union doesn't have focus on Finland
>Focus tree makes it some kind of technological futureland
>Everything conquest-related is almost at the end
Not to mention the fact that you don't suffer penalties from building everything in Siberia. Disgusting.

build fighters and put them in an air base in the greece region and select air superiority

to deal with his navy since building ships can take forever make naval bombers and put them in greece region and select naval strike

if you have a navy then click on it, click on search and destroy, and click the sea regions where you think the turkish fleet is at

>so what?
forts lower casualties for defender and help with defense

Buy materials you fucking retard, are you really so dumb you resort to cheating without even reading anything the game tells you?

ITS DONE.

click add unit 10 times instead of making 10 different infantry brigades

hmmmmm

You have no resources

You haven't let your industries get used to your equipment, so they're all operating at really inefficient speeds. Give it time.

no, i mean with people spamming malicious links in /gsg/ for days im worried the torrent people keep recommended "the codex one on kat" is one too

What a shitty flag

that is rather painful to look at.

>Ecuador

I love how this game actually treats SA countries in a fair way. My first game is as Venezuela and i am having a blast. They even got the name of political figures of the time right.

Sure they were irrelevant irl, but thats not excuse for completely avoid them like other games do. Its ridiculous how many games portrait Venezuela and Colombia as one country or Brazil and Argentina like the only countries int the continent and shit.

You have no resources and production needs time to go maximum efficiency.

You always export 80-50-25-0% of your resources depending on your economical laws, even if no one is buying you steel can't use them. It's shit mechanics but at least you get some nice bonuses if you have resources to spare. If not, just change the laws.
www.hoi4wiki.com/Ideas#Trade_laws

youre lacking in resources, makes production slow as fuck, hopefully you made some civilian factories so you can make trade deals with other nations. this takes up convoys as well so produce some of those

Because he's on airplane mode.

>Pretty sure I am
>Everything is in red
>Pretty sure I am

Fuck you.

t. hue

>Turning South America into a black empire.

sounds fun senpai

This shit feels more like one of those mobile "strategy" games than something like the previous HoI games.

The game says it will be produced more slowly, it doesn't say it wouldn't fucking function at all.
Now I know this is a bigger deal than the tooltip makes it sound.

>forts lower casualties for defender and help with defense

Oh. So, don't attack places with these forts on them?

>treats SA countries in a fair way
>a fat latino governs them all

Is there a decent beginners guide to HoI 4 I can read while I wait for the download?

CK2+EUIV babby here

>Oh. So, don't attack places with these forts on them?

it literally doesn't matter just throw more units at it

hmm so you just lose the percentage irrespective of any actual demand? alright..

disgusting.. you could have atleast annexed chile and paraguay first

no unless you have tanks and engineers, or just way more divisions

Why did they even bother giving fascist Argentina a unique name if it's just going to be "fascist Argentina"
Paradox are fucking retarded Jesus

Reminder that the only thing making HoI4 better than EvW is that it's at least playable.

I'm having fun playing HoI4

Leave now, REE, etc

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkQMBP16-XLEVHqSC4CM82aHB10OaG9-T

>disgusting.. you could have atleast annexed chile and paraguay first

Working on Chile now, it all went to shit when I took Uruguay and America joining dragged me into the world war with an allied Brazil

Just imagine seeing that behemoth in the sky, the sheer terror its presence would inspire and then, a column of fire tearing the clouds, the rumbling of the earth as it cracked and was torn asunder and the screams of a planet as 20 billions lives ended at the same time, the sheer desperation of the fleet as they watch their homeworld and capital be turn to dust, possibly with their loved ones in it, the birthplace of their species

Soviet Chile won? :^)

Based

10 fucking /10
top AI

france has random green and grey provinces

did you just waste all your commerical factories and convoys on steel, because chile is basically the only source of steel in SA and would've been the first nation I would annex as Argentina

it baffles me that so many faggots here don't understand this:

paradox is making these retarded renames so that casual retards who don't check countries more than once every twenty years can see "wow they changed name that probably means something" because otherwise they'd completely miss the fascist britain that formed all by itself

what are the differences between
Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet Edition
Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel Edition
Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal Edition
?

The expansion pass includes all the dlcs which will be released?

Pls respond

I know that this is like complaining about the wallpaper on a sinking Titanic, but it bugs the everloving shit out of me how they modelled the UK and her colonies (disclaimer I am a bong and so probably biased). Canada, South Africa and the Australias weren't even independent dominions after the war, let alone in 1936. The way they're modelled in game leads to stupid things like bloodlessly dropping their allegiance if the UK turns fascist. If they wanted to keep these countries as playable independents without being "puppets", why not make a special "Dominion" relation, like in Vicky 1? How hard could that be?

Also, Chamberlain wasn't Prime Minister in 1936.

Everything about this meme game feels so lazy. I don't mind inaccuracies if there's fun out of it or if they at least seemed to be making the effort, but come on.

>lol why does britain have a fucking lightning bolt on their flag is my game glitched

Let me have this user. Venezuela is a shithole irl, let me role play like they are not.

one of them costs more money
one of them costs yet more money
one of them costs yet further more money

that is the difference

Hearts of Iron IV: Johan Edition
Hearts of Iron IV: JOHAN Edition
Hearts of Iron IV: JOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN Edition