/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 7th:
1099 – First Crusade: The Siege of Jerusalem begins.
1494 – Spain and Portugal sign the Treaty of Tordesillas which divides the New World between the two countries.
1776 – Richard Henry Lee presents the "Lee Resolution" to the Continental Congress. The motion is seconded by John Adams and will lead to the United States Declaration of Independence.
1832 – Asian cholera reaches Quebec, brought by Irish immigrants, and kills about 6,000 people in Lower Canada.
1866 – One thousand eight hundred Fenian raiders are repelled back to the United States after they looted and plundered around Saint-Armand and Frelighsburg, Quebec.

>News
EU4 DD02/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-2nd-of-june-2016.940420/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eC5_qTuDlMw
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699353627&searchtext=
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
youtube.com/watch?v=i-TD-zzBw6g
strawpoll.me/10426010
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Arumba

Some said that Prince Xiang Sao, successor of Yuantong and Cheng Shih Sao, had an obsession with money. Certainly, his throne made of ivory, silk, and gold ingots had no helped with this impression.

Perhaps, he thought to himself after the last series of raids, if we no longer used Ming porcelain for target practice, the harem women would no longer call him vain.

youtube.com/watch?v=eC5_qTuDlMw

nth for alawites

But new HoI is shitposting user

Based meme religions guy

they fucked up a lot of things

but the deutsches music is pretty good

wew

Keep up the good work.

So I'm playing as Hungary. What can I do to make sure Germany wins the war? I hope I didn't take too much land in Poland. What's a good division composition in order to have a rock solid southern front against the Soviets? Should I have support AT and Arty?

I'm probably going to keep the bulk of my army infantry and build a decent air force.

finally removed the vomit
coastlines turned white tho

Anyone else noticed that you can take Missiles off their bases and deploy them to accessible airfields. Wonder if this is even intended looking at the retarded way you have to do it.

the mod page for downfall for hoi3 says it aims to bring a better playing experience and introduce simple solutions to issues

I've not played the game before. I know for most games it's advised to learn the game first without mods, but is there any reason I shouldn't jump right in with downfall?

What about it user?

The right screen is the air wings in the brandenburg airbase, the top left screen shows you the each air wing assigned to the eastern germany region and what they are doing, the bottom left screen is the airbases which you have airplanes in and reserves are planes that are not attached to an air wing.

dudes it's 2016

why are you NOT playing the new Hearts of Iron IV?

That certainly sounds like a really cheesy way to deploy V2s. Rocket silos take forever to set up and need you to own the territory, airbases are easy to capture and there's some even in Siberia

Is there any good mods out for HoI4? I want to be able to use nuke in the beginning of the game.

You can? That's wonderful. I made a rocket base in bumfuck nowhere, and all the rockets couldn't reach anything. And since I couldn't get rid of the first kind of rockets, I never got to upgrade to the v2 and v3.

However I did notice that if you build a nuclear facility, you have it permanently built "off-map" or something. I lost all the provinces with nuclear plants in my game, yet I was still churning out bombs at the same speed.

rockets always worked that way in HoI tho

Its 2016
Why are you NOT playing new DmC?

Can be achieved by cheats, or probably some really light modding if you're feeling up to it.

However cheats is the easiest.

just draw an arrow to moscow and you'll win

Poll is over, nobody won

DmC?

Whoops, forgot my name

But yeah, poll over, no new meme religions will be added

>turning canada fascist automatically changes your flag to a fucking leaf
>and your name to Canadian Empire

what the fuck that doesn't even make sense

devil may cry

Why do you have such a gay browser? GSG general poster should have a grey theme with red/black/white accents at most.

>le tabs mene

But religion has no impact on the game what so ever

>play as Mao
>with or without my help KMT gets obliterated by Japan by 1941
>play as a non chink
>KMT holds of Japan until at least 1943

What the fuck am I supposed to do playing as a democracy early on?

>being an uncultured swine
How about this

>why you enjoy older Ass Creeds
>why play older Max Payne games
>why play older GTA games
>why play Serious Sam SE when BFE came out

It increases immigration chance and militancy iirc

It also is in a bunch of events so it's semi-important

What are you talking about?

sorry for not knowing about your weeb games user

NORMAN PRIDE
WORLD WIDE

FUCK THE FRENCH
FUCK THE ENGLISH
FUCK THE BRETONS
FUCK EVERYBODY

>not helping the KMT against Japan and then backstabbing them after they do most of the heavy lifting

what the fuck do the black and yellow stripes on a wing on the airbase window mean?

Who else here is just controlling all their units manually? It feels like a cross between HOI2 and HOI3 which is pretty nice. I used to micromanage in HOI3 and that was a serious pain in the ass and kind of missed HOI2 in that regard.

You do this:
Check pic related and press the trash can button on the missiles in your base. They'll be moved to your reserves from there you just deploy them to any airbase in your country. Your missile base will keep producing, but notice you must do this manually for each batch of missile. Game has to be paused or the missiles will instantly be moved to the missile base again. Enjoy the buggy bombardment animations.

you let commies or fascists take over

Even when I help them and hold Japan in Beijing they get fucked from Qingdao and Guangzhou

>older AssCreed
>good
2 started the whole Ubisoft collectathon trend

>HoI4
>Making any sense

HOW?

2 and 3 were good games unlike newer ones.
Also Ubisoft would go full EA sooner or later anyway

>2 and 3

you mean 1 and 2

>white fog of war

you mean black flag

>the map actually looks pretty good under the neon
Why Johan???

Me

Both Black Flag and original had content issues.

I can't let AI control my units because it's fucking stupid, it failed both of my invasions while they were actually easy as fuck

original was repetitive as fuck but it had the best setting, the best cities and an intriguing story

>finally removed the vomit
>coastlines turned white tho

that's ok, at least now I can look at it for more than 5 minutes without blood coming out of my eyes

I never expected HOI4 to be a Virtual Boy exclusive, fuck

the most rancid aspect of it is the viewpoints don't even unlock all the shit on the map anymore. You literally have to pay to reveal it all.

so i called america into my shitty liberian war that i cant finish since liberia its out of my naval range, does this mean that they cant join Honduras and Nicaragua if i go to war with them right?

So did one in Italy.
I actually recognized locales once i paid a visit to Venice later on. I treat original as "proof of concept" game

Remember when everything was trying to piece together where the other two games (it was supposed to be a trilogy kek) would take place from that wall in eagle vision?
>there will be a game set in the Maya civilization!

>can't stand how the game looks if I zoom in too much
>but if I zoom out all my units are consolidated and impossible to move

Why does Roosevelt look so derpy?

Just play War in the East

>derpy

is there any way to beat the neterlands as japan before they join the allies?

the shoddy naval invasion mechanic makes it take too long and you cant even reach the netherlands with your fleet until like 1940

I want to play War in the East Versus West

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699353627&searchtext=

What does resource gain efficency actually do? does it add a flat 10% to all my resources?

You can change the consolidated unit distance in the graphics.lua

Guys i think i broke something, it says that i am at war with the united states but the war has no name, they are still in my liberian war on my side, i think that when the Liberian war its over they will invade

>not even 10 army divisions

It's okay, at least you tried Japan.

Is Sadistic King Rance GS?

does it have liquor?

>>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] - unHPM v1.3.1
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>>[V2] - Robmod v2.5
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t

>>[HOI4] - Crack (May contain Johan wallpapers)
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

>Win first game
>Peace conference
>I have no idea what i'm doing
>Place demands which seem historical
>This happens

what the fuck, how come you can't use the downloader for hoi4?

>allied KMT

thanks cobra

As an unciv with slavery allowed, is it even worth it to encourage bureaucrats before going for intellectuals directly?
Specially as a not so ethnically homogenous nation like Persia.

>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699353627&searchtext=

Nobody cares faggot.

is this meme show actually good?

youtube.com/watch?v=i-TD-zzBw6g

Radical

>anime
>is it good
"нeт"

Obviously not.

>yugoslavia is not radical
you really fucked it up didn't you?

Kek what a fucking meme game

How do I select variants to add to divisons? I'm trying to add SP_Art

It's garbage.

Yeah, it is, but the movie jumps the shark. For a comparison, the series is akin to War Thunder, while the movie goes full WoT.

Now that I've puppet Scandinavia, /gsg/ decides my faction name.

strawpoll.me/10426010
strawpoll.me/10426010
strawpoll.me/10426010

>strawmeme

Willy Wagglers

Yes.

I might just have to buy hoi 4 now

hitlerites

>War Thunder
>good

pls respond

Im getting it too. Found it for £23 so not too bad