twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

semitic neopaganist reporting in

>Judaism

Retarded

>gnostic
>christian
Memes

Diaspora Jew detected

While I do share the sentiment that Abrahamic religions are idiotic, I have to interject:

Christianity is not Jewish.

Christianity is a Greek religion that heavily borrows from pagan elements and neo-Platonism, while only taking the most surface-level elements of Judaism such as location and setting. There's a reason the Jews never converted en masse, and why the overwhelming majority of the converts to Christianity were Hellenes and Romans who were familiar with the concepts.

It's still a farce, of course, regardless of its source.

I am a nonpracticing Zoroastiran. Not a Jew I guess.

umm Karaites are related to Saducees not Pharisee

Christians should come from Essenes

and their should be another branch out of Essenes for Ebionites

Ebionites created Islam

The Jewish community of Arabia was one of the largest ancient Jewish communities in the history of the Jewish people.

When Mohammed fled from Mecca in 622, he went to Medina. At first, he entered into an alliance with the Jews. He studied in their yeshivas and adopted their religion. But when, after two years, Mohammed could not convince the Jews that he was their leader and to bow down to him as a prophet and convert to his own religion, his attitude turned toward open hostility.

aish.com/h/9av/ju/What_Happened_to_the_Jews_of_Arabia.html
Waraqa bin Naufal, who was both a scholar and the leader of the Ebionites in Mecca, took a special interest in his young relative the orphaned Muhammad.

He saw in him qualities of leadership, spent much time with him, and over the years taught Muhammad the Gospel of the Ebionites as well as the contents of the Torah. Waraqa bin Naufal performed Muhammad's marriage to Khadijah, and groomed Muhammad to replace him as the Ebionite spiritual leader in Mecca.

When Muhammad first announced that he was receiving revelations from God, the revelations were in large part the stories he had learned from Waraqa bin Naufal. Waraqa encouraged Muhammad to consider himself a Prophet, with the understanding that just as Abraham had been the Prophet to call the Jews back to Allah, and Jesus the Prophet who called his generation back to Allah, so Muhammad would be the Prophet who could call the Arabs back to Allah. It is interesting to note that at this time Muhammad did not see himself as founding a new religion, but only in calling people back to the Islam of Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebionites

>Half the Religious Beliefs in the world.
Fedora tippers sure do seem to think that the whole world is Christian.

>There's a reason the Jews never converted en masse
Except they did

>>.1448815
there should be star for noi adding the bro eli

there should be star for pharisees adding the talmud

there should be star for hasids/sefardis adding the kabala

there should be star for chabad adding their messiah

What the fuck is Armenian Orthodox? The Armenian Church is an autocephalous OO church.

Where are the Uniate churches? The Orientals?

Assuming he meant half the believers then he's not wrong.

The implication that all of these religions are actually types of Judaism is retarded. Do you think that Islam is a type of Christianity simply because it's lower on the chart? They have vastly different belief systems, and as such are different religions.

What were Judean Christians like?

messianic end of the world cult for jews, like Jesus intended

>gnostic religion derived from Pauline theology
>"primitive" next to orthodox
>no arianism
Sure bud.

They very much did yes.

im a jewish jew

impressive OC effort

Thats the point of Abrahamic religions they are suposed to be from the same God, the one and only that sent messangers since the dawn of humans

this board is full of kikes

Where's Baha'ullah?

>Islam branching off of Christianity
>Mormonism branching off of Methodism

Dropped.

I guess it's a chart of vague influence.

One of Muhammad's relatives was some kind of Christian

Muhammad was more influenced by rabbinical Judaism.

No. Muhammad was actually a Christian.

Says who?

I did.

If Jesus is in your bible, you're a christian

>Lutheran -> Presbyterian

Am I being memed on?

Jesus is there, but he isn't particularly important to Islamic practice.

Ishmael is in the Torah, does that mean we're all actually Muslims?

Christianity is Jewish, it's literally Judaism which was taken and injected with a few European ideas but all of it's foundation comes from Judaism. It amazes me the mental gymnastics people go through so they can tell themselves that Christianity is a European religion. Yes, now it is. But compare it to the original religions of Europe and they're vastly different

It was fundamentally just another Neoplatonic offshoot that took a few key concepts and lots of surface details from Judaism. The founders were hellenized Jews who understood Greek philosophy/theology well enough but were pretty clueless when it came to actual Judaism and Hebrew, to the extent that Jews living today can point out very serious, obvious errors in the NT wit regards to the OT, like what the "messiah" was actually supposed to be as opposed to how Jesus is presented.

I should probaby add that this isn't to say that Christianity is a "European" religion, at least originally. It is a very specific product of a very specific timeframe. It's just that there is a very significant discontinuity between the two religions.

The prebsperterian branch, as well as Methodist and Lutheran all fall under Calvinism which doesn't even make this list...

Then why do ISIS keep harping on about the second coming?