/twg/ - Total War General

Horde edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2gCgluVD0Aw
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700066047
youtube.com/watch?v=qecsNrMCccU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for tits or gtfo

is there anything worse than your Lord getting gangbanged so hard by 2-3 different units, that they become so useless that they can't even try to run away, let alone attack.

at this point I'm just waiting for him to die

Rolling for S2 or FOTS

>implying blizzard is not going to release Warcraft: Complete Conflict and fill it full of shallow gameplay and waifus.

youtube.com/watch?v=2gCgluVD0Aw

>mfw dwarfs on very hard

THAT'S A GRUDGIN'

The rules are not clear, can you just touch the orb and go back?

Jesus that is perfection

>There are Bretonnians who are voting to remain in the Elf Union
Disgusting tbqh

I've made a mod that gives every unit 10 more hp in a attempt to extend battles if anyone is interested.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700066047
won't be here to here to listen to complaints, since i'm going to bed
>inb4 shitty mod that fucks the game worse than radious' black orc archers on manticores (trollhammer torpedoes)

It says pass through, not touch. The rules are clear, it's just not meant to be beatable or someone fucked up.

Will the ai ever occupy ruins? I wanna get rid of Middenland and want Nordland to take it and keep Skaeling of my back. So i can deal with the VC's.

Pic related.

>it's not beatable
Git gud scrub.

>The Warriors of Chaos will march through human, dwarf, and vampire infested lands, their armies getting whittled away through attrition and skirmishes
>Just so that they can fight a bunch of Orcs

Yeah seriously don't know how people struggle with this

BRETONNIA FLC WHEN

Can any warhammerfags explain to me why Bretonnia doesn't rule the empire?

Brets seem to have their shit together whereas empire/franz are totally fucking clueless and live like it's the dark ages.

It's like Brets = renaissance
empire = dark ages

so how are the Brets not steamrolling the empire?

It's extremerely rare unless the faction has the ruin-dweller trait. Even with the trait it's still very fucking rare. In my current Chaos game the Baersonling tribe chooses to stay in one settlement, even though there are ruins right next to them that would complete the provincial rule and they just don't, for 70 fucking turns.

You should be able to tell them to via diplomacy, the same way war co-ordination is supposed to work.

End of the year

Literally the other way around.

The Empire is the HRE in the renaissance and Bretonnia is medieval France. Bret is backward as fuck.

It's not rare, at all

tomorrow

>Knight Errant

If I have mods installed can I play coop campaign with people who don't?

Is this common knowledge with some sorta source or just what you think right now? Fuck me, end of the year is a pretty long wait.

It is though.

Don't worry its coming late July.

Uhhhh, you sure you know which is which? In any case, the Empire doesn't steamroll Bretonnia because they have far bigger threats to take care of to send their armies to capture Bretonnia, which isn't really a good reward for the effort it would take. Also the Lady of the Lake would probably do something about it, and even though I think the Empire would end up defeating her it's simply not worth it. Also Bretonnia is among the forces of Order, so killing them off when Archaon is just about to stroll down with his dick out is just retarded.

They said the first faction pack will be around the end of the year

If that means first paid or not who knows

No.

Who /GOBBOZ/ here?

No, they said they plan to release the next playable race as free DLC near the end of the year. Bretonnia is not a new race. Could be just fucked up communication on their part though.

WE IZ BETTER THAN THEM!

THEY WONT FEEL A THING which is a pity

youtube.com/watch?v=qecsNrMCccU

Reminder what we could've had for Big 'Un voices.

Look at the map

The Empire has gunpowder and proto-tanks and shit. The Bretons on the other hand are staunchly medieval and choose chivalry over technology.

>Warlord of Karak 8 peaks fluff name is Skarsnik
>In game name is Sour
Whats the actual name? I did alot of effort to get this guy on my side and want to know whats the real name.

great fucking band

He's not in game

Skarsnik is going to be a LL at some point since he's significant to the greenskins, more-so than Azhag. It's likely just a placeholder or something.

Now that CA's magic cherry has been popped.

Would you play a Tolkein Arda: Total War?

>Rohan
>Gondor
>Easterlings
>Various Elven factions
>Various Dwarven factions
>Misty mountain Goblin faction
>Sauron faction
>Isengard faction
>misc human, dwarf, orc, and goblin factions

>Shire as a single settlement with special building for hiring experienced burglar agents
>ent special units
>beorn hero unit
>tom bombadil event

>"Historical" battles recreating the battle of 5 armies
>the siege of Helm's Deep
>Battle of Pelennor Fields(aka the giant ass Gondor city)
>the hobbits retaking the shire
>assault on isenguard

brets are like nids in fantasy: they're stated as being all powerful and shit, but then everytime they try to do something they fail miserably because the empire is the poster boy

If you guys like war so much how come you don't just go to Iraq?

>Cathay

Why are brits so fucking unoriginal

Wait, what?
That's Arda? All of it?

nids? Is that those rat things that live underground people are talking about?

Should I post a fucking empty as shit map and tell you to look at it? Out of 4 playthroughs I've only seen AI move into ruins like half a dozen times at best. Maybe you're running some mod or playing on easy or rngeesus favored you. Doesn't fucking matter, didn't happen for me and from past threads it doesn't often happen for others either.

Sour's probably a placeholder, Skarsnik will probably be the gobbo LL when they go about adding new ones.

I just posted Tilea recolonizing 16 settlements in less than 50 turns

>USA's been squished out of existence

Nice.

no, they're zerg+aliens in 40k

This is /twg/, not /call of duty general/. We'd go to war if it was Ancient Iraq or Fantasy Iraq.

>Endor
OH
SHIT

You bastards! It wasn't a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, we were on Endor the entire time!

They named gookland Nippon and designated shitting street Ind. All the eastern countries/stuff is just placeholders, no further official lore or material about it has been produced.

Yes you did. Pat yourself on the back.

I would but your mum is already doing it for me

Diets have always been our bane.

Yeah, that's a bad habit of hers. Always really nice to mentally handicapped people.

its not tolkien's map

Yep, I come pick her up every time she's done at the center

>tom bombadil

That honker didn't even belong in the books.

Remove tom bombadil.

cool pic

>putting a link to a mod in the OP ironically

You're held at a different center?

Why the fuck would brets be powerful? They're 13th century knights

why is the standing guy saying ironically? shouldnt it be the guy eating shit?
bad comic

Because they get to warriors of chaos tier power and have magic that deflects cannonballs?

this isn't even canon tho

Only if Isengard gradually turns its territories into smoking, industrial hellholes

>Why the fuck would brets be powerful? They're 13th century knights
On magic steroids.
The problem is that they were last updated more than a decade ago. They don't mesh well with modern lore.

Its because both are in on the joke.

>Chaos cutscene triggers
>Coop campaign freezes

it's IMPOSSIBLE LAD

Very few of them do, and those that do usually waste their time watching chapels.

Anyone have that lore blurb where the bretonnians go full deus vult on an empire citadel and the commander just blows them up with artillery?

>Arkhan the Black gets his name from poor dental hygiene caused by his love for sweets and chewing narcotic roots
Lel

Why wouldn't they?

>Crushed NA complete with baja California
>literally South America
>literally Greenland
>Africa and its Slave Coast with literally Madagascar
>Literally the Caspian Sea
>the island nation of Wakoku
>Antarctistralia
>the island of India

Fuck, neither GW nor Tolkien could come up with an original world.

>Use mod to turn off aggressive agent moves
>Game becomes fun

>it's probably going to be half a decade, if not more, before CA finishes their last Warhammer expansion and finally includes lizardmen
>Lizardmen are always implemented last
>fucking always
>no exceptions

I will be thirty when I finally get to play lizardmen

Most of Nagash's commanders were low ranking and corrupt nobles

>Most of his ill-gotten gains were spent on "favours" at Asaph's temple in Khemri, but reputedly he had to pay double before any of the priestesses went near him.

ITS NOT TOLKIEN'S MAP YOU FAGGOT

>deus vult

It was an idiot wanting revenge for a petty insult. When bretonnians went deus vult they erased araby as a major faction.

Learn to mod and make your own. You got the time

>play a quick battle
>tab out to fun post on 4chins

>tab back into the game, in the deployment phase as the random army

fuugg so how many games I lost without noticing I wonder, I havent tabbed back into the game the last 20 minutes or so

>I will be thirty when I finally get to play lizardmen
I wish I was under thirty.

Thanks for ruining my day user.

>Bretonnia getting their shit pushed in by the other Bretonnian factions.
>They're down to Couronne, real tired that I can't trade with them.
>It still fairly early in the game, but I prep up a stack to go deal with these frog-eater fucking shits on behalf Louen, the one frog-eater that's pretty cool.
>Know there's gonna be shitloads of cav
>Bring plenty of Halbardiers and spearmen
>March to L'Anguille to meet the first full stack that opposes the unification of the land of the Elf-cucks
>It's nothing but fucking men at arms and 2 yeomen
>Wipe them out, barely lose anything
>Proceed
>None of the fucking factions have bothered making any cav
>The most I ever face outside of castle sieges is a stack with ONE (1) Knights of the Realm unit
>My dreams of big, cool fights against thousands of cavalrymen in the open field are dashed
>Brought brought 14 units of halberds and spears for no reason

Fuck everything, I just wanted to have fun.