Has apostasy ever been punishable by death in a Christian nation?

Has apostasy ever been punishable by death in a Christian nation?

Does it count if a country outlaws a certain religion and then kills someone for converting to that religion?
Because I know there was a guy in my Country who became a martyr when he converted from Protestantism to Catholicism since Catholicism was outlawed in my country at that time.

Hell yes it was very common in the dark ages and in England in the 14th century.

yes

While they indeed did execute apostates, that pic seems to be about 95% Protestant propaganda.

The blood of the Waldenses cries from the ground.

And Protestant thinks that 80 million people died that way or something.

the Spanish Inquisition killed like 3000 to 10.000 people in a period of more than 3 centuries.

Dunno but I feel this needs to get posted

Catholics are lazy and incompetent ever when it comes to mass-murder

>genocides can't happen
>evidence contrary to my bias is wrong

enjoy your new world ecumenical order

Do catholics spend all their time obsessing over what protestants think?

the issue is that the Inquisitors werent bloodthirsty savaged, they were basically lawyers with college degrees who could speak many languages.
they killed only like 2% of the people they investigated.

> Martin Luther
> Christian
Kek.

>roman "the bible doesn't matter" catholics
>christian
lol

they dindu nuffin

MUH DIVINE RIGHT

MUH PAGAN SYMBOLISM

U R AN HERETIC

LET'S FUCK WITH THE CALENDAAAR

>muh true scotsman

Why is it that protestants always claim Catholics ignore the bible, but can never actually prove it?

protestants probably killed as many 'witches' in the same way

I'm sure at some point or another it was by someone.

>believing the Black Legend

No but Protestants obsess over what Catholics think. Or rather, what they think Catholics think.

The inquisition is heavily overrated because of protestants propaganda of that time and fantasy novels.
t. Pick an history book and inquisition official documents.

In Spain it worked fairly well.

It's funny how people always ignore this.

> Kurt Jonassohn and Karin Solveig Björnson describe the Albigensian Crusade as "the first ideological genocide".
> Raphael Lemkin, well known as the coiner of the term genocide, referred to the Albigensian Crusade as "one of the most conclusive cases of genocide in religious history"

>One of Charlemagne's famed capitularies outlines part of the religious intent of his interactions with the Saxons. In 785 AD he issues the Capitulatio de partibus Saxoniae which asserted that "If any one of the race of the Saxons hereafter concealed among them shall have wished to hide himself unbaptized, and shall have scorned to come to baptism and shall have wished to remain a pagan, let him be punished by death."

even worse, some dumb ignorant hick soldiers killing people in the name of god because theyre supposed to is one thing, having intelligent educated people attempt to rationalize the mass murder is absolutely deplorable