JRPG General /jrpgg/

Comfy nighttime revival edition.

>Game list, incomplete but expansive.
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AiGmz8hhX0GHdFA5QmlPbVM0TWx1SHYydHB4YWxTY3c

>Current FAQ
(removed)

Discuss JRPGs, bond over grand adventure, and post great music. This is a trial revival, I'll write up a new pastebin if we gain steam again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u-0MSxaYqes
m.youtube.com/watch?v=a6SxF7IllBY
gameranx.com/updates/id/32132/article/lunar-and-grandia-listings-appear-for-steam-by-gungho/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_sc_the
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I threw this up on /v/ in a JRPG thread the other day and there was some interest, so I'll add it here as well.

This is a magnet link for the most updated GoG release of Grandia 2:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4F6B19217411956615D1C9017F7E534CDA510C4F&dn=Grandia%20II%20-%2015th%20Anniversary%20Edition&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Some cool battle music from the game:
youtube.com/watch?v=u-0MSxaYqes

Currently debating whether to blow 20 bucks on Growlanser 4 or actually finish one of the PS1 JRPGS on my vita

>Strong Grandia start for a new /JRPGG/
based

Posting more good games

>that thumbnail
Nice job user.

What PS1 JRPGs are you working on?

Found this. Have a few issues with it, for example, Grandia 2 should have made the list before 1, and Lost Odyssey is massively overrated.

Xenogears, Parasite Eve, BoF 3 and 4, Suikoden 2 and Stranger in Sword City

Why is Patty so awesome?

Osborne is Rean's Father

Osborne is revealed to be alive at the end of Cold Steel II, he betrays Ouroboros and takes over their plan.

Rean is shown now working for Osbourne's faction

Cayenne is thought to be the mastermind behind the Nobles uprising in Erebonia, but he was actually a puppet controlled by Rufus Albarea, who is revealed to be the Jade Rook,

Osborne's second in command.

Crow dies

Vita Clotilde, Ouroboros 2nd pillar, messes up Ouroboros' grand plan thanks to Cayenne's intervention. This is also according the the Grandmaster's keikaku

Professor Thomas' real identity is that of a Knight of the Church, he works for the same organization as Kevin. He is revealed to be in a higher position than him. He can create pocket universes ala Unlimited Blade Works.

Fie is revealed to become a Bracer and works for Sarah during the credits sequence.

Welcome back, /jrpg/, do us all a favor and go back to being dead

>best JRPG soundtrack
m.youtube.com/watch?v=a6SxF7IllBY

Definitely finish those BoFs.

>go back to being dead

Wow user, that really hurts.

>GungHo potentially bringing Grandia 1 and Lunar to PC
gameranx.com/updates/id/32132/article/lunar-and-grandia-listings-appear-for-steam-by-gungho/

Is pic related any good? I see it mentioned a lot, but it look visually unappealing.

Its the best thing to come out of the Final Fantasy series

Any advice for someone going into it for the first time? I'm usually not good at strategy games since there's a lot to keep track of.

No, it is tedious garbage. Don't bother unless you're a masochist who enjoys doing extremely repetitive and tedious tasks
Yes, don't play it and don't you dare to call it a strategy game. Is a grinding simulator, nothing more, nothing less

but the classes are cute

>Tedious garbage is the best thing to come out of the Final Fantasy series
I laughed.

How the fuck do I play this?

Picked up Nier because I want to play Automata. I'm at the halfway point I guess (5 years later). It's alright.

Also, why'd /jrpgg/ go away anyway?

Whiskey, lots and lots of whiskey

On a guess, it just died.

Thanks.

Tales shitposting planted the seeds, BoFII autist watered the crops, Tales shitposting came back with a vengeance and harvested what he had sown.

People gave up, the general served no purpouse other than shitposting. Less and less people bothered to post. It reached a point were 90/100 posts were either some bizarre pasta or spoilers. There was no point in bothering keeping the shitfest alive.

This guy again.

Anyone have a GoG release they want a torrent of? Will take a bit.

Anyone have any input on the Shining Force series? I've played all the Fire Emblems and I'm looking for something in the same strain.

Trails TC

they are more RPG like than Fire emblem, some people really love them so its worth a shot.

This game?
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_sc_the

No user, this game

Any chance you can link me the game?

What elements of JRPG stories do you like or dislike?

if it isnt dark and depressing I dont want anything to do with it

So grandia 2 and eternal sonata type stories.

I know it isn't a universal opinion, but Suikoden 2 is one of the best JRPGs out there.

Thats what I was leaning towards, getting tired of BoF3 but really liking BoF4

the major battles are hype as fuck but the gameplay between them feels tedious and lame, just killed the big bad but Its hard to keep playing

So uh been playing Shining Force...how do I know which characters aren't complete shit?

Ya you have to find joy in the little fiddly bits. I loved the mini games and optimizing my units. Plus the story has always been one of my favorites.