So my dad is setting me up with a "roth ira" . what does this mean and is he screwing shit up for me?

So my dad is setting me up with a "roth ira" . what does this mean and is he screwing shit up for me?

Also r8 my gf

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/r/rothira.asp
google.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

she looks like a dog

it means you should kill yourself and fuck off

So, cucks actually visit Veeky Forums?
How is that aids that she gave you going?

8/10
how tall is she?

he's helping your dumb ass get started.

You are not smart. Is the girl?

Honestly that is one of the first steps in guaranteeing you a million dollars in retirement.

Suppose at 20 you added $5.5k a year for 10 years. By the time your 30 you're out $55,000. Now assume you put your money in diverse things like REITS, BONDS, TREASURIES, INDEXES. If you can average an 8% increase over the next 30 years that'll be $1 mill more.

Your dad will likely be dead by then and you won't be able to thank him so do it now faggot.

Can you guys please stop focusing on my gf and just answer the question

I fucking did you dumb fuck now someone please /thread me

no he's trying to help you save for retirement

ear gf qt/10

hidden ear gf basic/10

This desu. Also, if you have a high deductible insurance plan, which you should unless you're a cuck, sign up for a Health Savings Account and put in the max contribution.

You will have lots of health expenses as an oldfag.

Your dad either doesn't know much about tax law, or thinks you'll be rich.

/thread

investopedia.com/terms/r/rothira.asp

here you big baby ill spoonfeed you

Let me give you a helpful link

google.com

The short answer is that it's a retirement fund that will accumulate interest over time. It is a good investment.

coming right now to steal your bitch

wouldrape/10
Call me when shes ruffied I'll fuck her with you bro
No homo

/thread

>Not a single fucking faggot in this thread will answer OP's question

An IRA is an Individual Retirement Plan. It has limits on when you can take money out and put money in to encourage you to keep it in the account. For example, any gains you make on your principle cannot be taken out until you're near retirement age without a 10% penalty. It's a standard retirement account and it's perfectly fine.

"Roth" Means that it's taxed going in. So a portion of your income, or whatever you choose to put in, will be taxed and that post-tax money will be your principle. This is beneficial if you assume you'll be retiring at a hire tax bracket than you currently are at, which is probably true as you'll pull out the money tax-free (except the capital gains tax of course). If you're currently in the 15% tax bracket and retire in the 25% bracket, then you're saving a decent chunk of change. Just be sure to switch out of Roth if you start making good money down the road.

Regular IRA taxed on the grain
Roth IRA Taxed on the Seed

You should have both. Limits to contributiion if mem serves is 5k Roth 18k reg. max that shit out.

OP can learn to use fucking Google like the rest of us, you enabler.