/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uMkznHPuGY4
youtube.com/watch?v=rHE8D7KkSug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reposting: I HATE Rom, anyone want to help? I will give you bolt paper.

Labyrinth Madmen are fucking terrifying.

Steak Driver.

>They call me John Henry
>The STAKE DRIVIN' MAN

>ywn own this

I just stepped into Ailing Loran for the first time and I think I'm in love

Now this is dungeon crawling

I would but my PS+ ran out, and I don't plan on renewing it until they start having good PS+ games again.

The trick to Rom though is to kill all the little spiders first, while she is not-aggro, then do as much damage as you can all at once. Pop a beast blood pellet, fire paper, regen all your stamina, toss an oil urn, then go to town. Keep attacking even as she fades away.

From then on, just close in on her without locking on, and just wait for the little spiders to leave an opening, then rush in, hit her once or twice, then get out.

Protip: Chalice Rom doesn't take massively reduce damage for hitting her in the face like Story Rom.

Ok I killed Rom but died at the same time, where are my blood echoes?

Isz Chalice is probably my favorite game experience ever. Though, I usually get shitty bosses.

If you go back to Hunter's Dream, you can warp back to Moonside Lake where you fought Rom (A lamp automatically got lit). Odds are they'll be there somewhere.

Thrust seems OP in PVE. What are some good thrust weapons? Saw Spear is nice but kinda slow and awkward (tricked R2).

AAAAHOOOO, OOOOOOOH!

I really enjoy the reiterpallasch but I'm sure there are much better ones out there

Church pick maybe? I tried it out and its damage output seemed a little lower than the reiterpallasch but it hits like a truck and can pancake things and even stagger things that really have no business being staggered

Anything that runs faster than it should is

Those are the "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" enemies, right?

Anyone wanna help an ayy out with Maria? I'm pretty low level with bad gems but I'm so committed to the DLC at this point I just want to beat her so I can get my bolt gems. Augur spam against her is not nearly as reliable as I was led to believe and I've run out of beast pellets.

BL50, password is bbg
Ringing outside the boss fog.

At this ungodly hour?

Just got off work not long ago. I know it's late as fuck but I figured I'd see if I get any bites anyways.

Church Pick is THE thrust weapon. Its entire tricked moveset is thrust.

okay it's clearly far too late to be asking this.
I'm going to stop ringing.

Could anyone please assist me with the undead giant in lower pthumeria?

We back now?

black eyesky and the gloves were a great help for her and orphan

>the eyes on the Mensis pigs all have collapsed pupils

Nice touch

What is the best single piece of clothing in the game and why is it the Crowfeather Garb?

My personal fav.

>fighting lower pthumeria layer 3 rom
>doing well
>1/3rd left
>WEAPON IS AT RISK

God damn I am not used to weapons not being restored by touching lamps.

Fucking DaS3.

Durability is so pointless, I don't know why they keep including it in every game

Ahh...

Kos...

Or,

It looks 10/10 on females too, which most outfits don't.

Some

How do defiled chalices work?

Can i access pre-made defiled dungeons as soon as I get the chalice, or do I need to make one myself first?

About how long does it take to clear all the chalice dungeons?

I've done everything else, and at this point I just wanna do it for completion's sake

Say

msoK

Not too long desu senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=uMkznHPuGY4

If you mean FRC dungeons, you gotta make one yourself and then you can create other people's dungeons by searching their glyphs.

I have the flu and have been able to take the week off, so been playing a lot of Bloodborne and it's all becoming one big fever dream. I've dreamed about it and when I'm not hugging my toilet I'm playing it

Wherever I go I hear the Hunters Dream theme I'm for sure getting some Insight after this.

Ah right, thanks mate.

Why the fuck From gave LHB a fucking radial slot as standard I do not know.

Probably for Arcane builds to turn it to fire or bolt.

Are the Gems like Dark Souls, where fire and bolt weapons won't scale at all, and arcane gems make it scale with your arcane stat? Only ask, I just know that putting some gems in my LHB make it hit a lot harder.

Elemental gems, fire/bolt/arc, convert your weapon damage and scale with arcane

Fire and bolt gems scale with the Arcane stat as long as they aren't flat damage.

I have the edition with the Lady Maria cover (imported from China), but it doesn't include soundtrack and book.

Alright /bbg/, I've done my basic Ludwig's scrub-tier first playthrough build
What do I do next?
Arcane?
Skill?
Gimme ideas

Whatever is fine.

50 Blt or 99 Arc

I understand this, but it's mainly a quality weapon; it should be given a triangle slot and uncanny should have the radial.

W H E E L
H
E
E
L

Was there a weapon you liked the look of while playing through?

99 Endurance

post the hardest chalice dungeons you've found/made.
youtube.com/watch?v=rHE8D7KkSug

Any dungeon with Witch of Hemwick in it.

Okay, how hard is NG+++

?

NG+ and NG++ are nothing, NG+++ is when the difficulty starts to spike.

Does anyone have an updated version of this? I remember seeing a different kind of rolltable but I never saved it

Also rolling for random fun build for chalice cooping

>wheel
>executioner
>drop a coin after every kill

Sorry, I've already copyrighted that meme build.

rolling

How viable is a high bloodtinge or high arcane build?

It seems like you have to get a good way into the game to get a weapon that uses either, and guns don't seem to do enough damage to hold you over (though this could be because I never put a whole ton of points into BT)

Is it something where I should invest in strength or skill at first then start pumping the other stat later?

Both are fun and perfectly viable, but boring to build.

If you wanna go pure blt or arc, upgrade Strength and Skill to meet the base requirements to hold the weapons of each build. Arc doesn't really need any Skl or Str, but upgrading them gives you more weapon options.

Tomb Prospector Garb for dat collar

Tomb Prospector Trousers for dem heels

Arcane gets real fun later on, once you have ayylmao, MLGS, some high level gems and all the hunter tools to play with. It's pretty boring in the early game where all you can do is dump Vit and try for a whopping 7% fire gem or some shit.

Never tried pure Bloodtinge. I assume it's pretty boring since you only get two melee weapons to pick from, and I hate the constant HP drain on Chikage. Can anyone who has done a pure Bloodtinge build fill me in? Do you end up doing more damage with gun/bow than melee? Do you git gud at the snake whistle? Or do you just trick your Chikage/Blootletter and mash R1 like it's a quality build?

These chalice dungeons are uh
I mean maybe it's because I'm doing them so late in the game but
These are just boring as shit
The bosses would probably be cool but again, I'm like level 70
But I think even if I were an appropriate level this would still be exhaustingly samey

I wish these were just a boss rush mode instead

>These are just boring as shit

This was my mistake the first time I played.

I didn't attempt them AT ALL until NG+ and it was unbearable.

When I did them as I progressed through the game normally it ended up being a ton of fun.

My mann

They get a bit more interesting once you get to Loran and Isz but yeah they're notoriously boring in Pthumeru. Play some music while you're doing them, helps ease the boredom.

I love root chalice dungeons, they're all I do at this point.
What I don't like is farming gems in dungeons.

>"like sl 70"

I can see that I guess, but really I hate the layouts of these things.
If I wanted to play a completely optional series of empty square rooms full of the same mobs over and over just on the off chance of finding a fun/hard boss fight I'd finish the Dark Souls 2 DLC.

I've done literally everything except the chalice dungeons and the final boss, I figured 70 was an appropriate place to stop.
I just blow all my echoes on vials now but I mean if there's some kind of finish-the-game-at-level-40 meta I'm not aware of then I'll keep that in mind.

For what it's worth though, 80% of Bloodborne is optional, and "empty square rooms full of the same enemies" is 90% of the series.

I think you got the wrong idea from the start

Chalices are completely optional, not part of the main story in any way

You can run through them all at SL 4 and still finish the game at 100 or whatever you managed to get to, since many do chalices solely for fun, pvp gems/weapons or just grinding echoes

There is nothing forcing you to do a single chalice throughout the game at any point

>"empty square rooms full of the same enemies" is 90% of the series

Alright you called my bluff. Some are circular.

Yeah I know they're optional, but knowing there's hella unique bosses locked away behind chalice dungeons compels me to finish them. That's why I said I wish this was a boss rush. Hell whenever I replay DaS1, I make sure I at least kill Artorias before I finish the game.

The problem is you're too high level.

Yes the layouts are bland and the enemies are always the same. But when those enemies are actually threatening it doesn't matter as much because you're too busy fighting to whine about being bored.

Once you get to the cursed dungeons later on you'll see.

Follow the speedrun guide and finish lower pthumeru within an hour and a half at most
It stops being so fucking boring in depth 4

Don't worry, they'll catch up to you pretty soon. The low level ones are more interesting if you do them at an appropriate level, but the game does a shit job of communicating this to you. Maybe there could've been one short hand-crafted one that was mandatory for progress at some point.

Agreed, root chalices are cool. I don't know why they put non-root chalices in the game. The re-used rooms, enemies and bosses would've been forgivable if it was randomized every time. I guess they wanted players to be able to swap stories about chalices with a common frame of reference, but they could've accomplished that with some kind of daily challenge feature like every roguelite game has, where everyone gets the same seed for 24 hours.

I have a 50 Blt build (all other offensive stats at minimum for the Bloodletter, Bowblade, and Chikage, no higher), a 50 Arc build with 20 Str for requirements and some HMS, and a 99 Arc build with everything else but Vit at minimum.

For Arc you only need to beat BSB and you're able to get fire gems which can carry you through the entire game. For Blt, you pick a weapon you can use with whatever Str/Skl stats you're planning to end the build with (I just went with Axe; spin2win can make up for the lack of damage) upgrade it as far as you can, and after Amelia either take on Simon or rush Logarius. Low-level Logarius can be a pain, but if you can't crack him a hunter is never alone.

>I don't know why they put non-root chalices in the game.

Seems like they're mostly there for the sake of the progression of bosses, but randomized stages with the same bosses on the proper floors would've worked far better.

>constant HP drain
The trick to using the Chikage is to only have it tricked when attacking and untricking it for every other time. When you trick the Chikage and the hunter sheathes it you can hit either R1 or R2 to attack straight from it, get in whatever hits you want to get in, then untrick it to reposition or dodge or whatever.

Tricked Chikage and Bloodletter outdamage guns by miles, because they can get gemmed up and guns can't. I was personally expecting Blt to get boring because only two melee weapons, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good and fun they both are.

I always dread Rom cause all the bad things the Blood Moon brings ):

This is kinda dumb because you're always stuck with the same of stuff for certain numbers, but I can dig it. Also, how do you rush to certain late game weapons?

Anyone here actually spin the wheel ever?

By going towards them quickly.

You only need to fight 5 bosses to get from the Clinic to Mensis. Same goes for getting to the Hamlet.

REquesting bully for bullying.

Password is qt

I think Chalice Dungeons sound really cool. Why do people hate them? I was going to do one soon.

>Why do people hate them?

Because they ignore them until the end of the game and get bored because they're way overlevelled.

and because the souls community is a bit too autistic and sugar driven for randomized dungeons

>wanna make new build
>forced to grind shit

rollin in it

Thinking of a 99 arc build with church pick.
Damn weapon requirements.
Other than lhb a scaling in arc what other weapons go great with arc builds?

rolling