So, I've got the 10k in cash to open my brokerage account, who's the best broker...

So, I've got the 10k in cash to open my brokerage account, who's the best broker? I was on fedelity and $8 trades are real steep.
I found this company Interactive brokers and they sound cheap as fuck in comparison.
Who are you guys that actually trade using?

Other urls found in this thread:

apexfutures.com/why-apex/speed-reliability/
apexfutures.com/trading-tools/education/internet-loss-prevention/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I use interactive brokers

theyre pretty great

but be aware you should pay for real-time market data
its worth it if youre going to be actively trading at all

Are the claims of it being cheap as fuck true?

Wait, so do I not get 100 symbols for free? Are you using 200 symbols?

yeah its *basically* a dollar per trade

pic related its from my account statement this month

only a partial screenshot since i dont want you knowing my account number i guess but you can see the average commission costs

I guess now that I think about it I don't know what the fuck a data line is.

Poor tier
>robinhood/vanguard

Middle class tier
>td ameritrade (cnbc stream)

Rich fag tier
>interactive brokers (got me an s&p 500 mini)

IB has great support

you should call or chat with them and ask for an explanation

Yea I may do that, how much extra are you paying for the real time data?

tbqh i dont know what the fuck im doing

but this works for me

Yea I actually just found the price list. Thanks for all the help.

oh i should explain,

the 'US value bundle' is 10$ per month but that is waived if you have more than 10$ in commissions in a month

the one gripe i have with IB is that its a pain in the ass to log in to your account because you have to input a code from a special security card every time

very inconvenient when youre somewhere with spotty wifi (like where i sit in my office at work). constantly have to relogin with that god damn card

I wish I could just enter a pin code like on robinhood

holy shit lol.
I thought the mobile authentication on fidelity was kinda annoying, that's insanity.

yeah

shouldnt be a problem if you can actually sit at a home computer during trading hours though

I would put their trading platform on my work computer and just log in once in the morning and be set for the day, but I think my boss might not appreciate that. I have to sneak trades on my phone lol.

their mobile app is pretty nice though

i use interactive brokers. its a pretty comfy broker. you will need a different data source if you want fancy tick data and shit like that.

also if youre under 26 years old you only need a minimum of 3,000 to open an account

>10k
>not using robinhood still
It's like u like paying commissions.

>1 dollar commissions
>won't get fucked when robinhood crashes
>a broker crashing

I remember VHC

sadly am an old man on this board for Chinese cartoons. Also it's weird to think how long this website has been around.

I'm actually looking into option trading.

look into it now.
but get your options after the next big market crash

I want to buy some puts. I'm not sure I have the balls to start today though.

don't be an idiot.

The jews said the market is crashing, I habibit

>.35%
Hahahahahaha.
Step up that weak ass shit.

Nice catch.

Bump

I bank with Bank of America so I use Merrill Lynch. When I opened my traditional IRA I got free trades for 3 months. After that, its about $6.99 per trade and you get 30 free trades a month if you have over $20,000 in an account.

Fidelity or Vanguard?

APEX FUTURES

ONLY BROKERAGE I'VE EVER SEEN. WHERE...

if your power goes out, your pc crashes for some unknown reason or your internet drops.

YOUR TRADES ARE ALL SERVER SIDE. call your broker and ask.

guess what happens with most platforms like thinkorswim?

your current orders and the scary part. STOP LOSSES, go away. they aren't on the server, they are on your pc on your platform.

oh and i can trade es ym or Nasdaq minis for $400 a contract. its 500 at the moment, but it does drop and move around. usually its 500.

hell back in early spring b4 the whole damn lets sell most commodities to ice shit, then rape people on data fees, i was trading sugar futures for 250 a contract.. sickest margin i've ever seen outside of options.

1.99 a side.. less if you have some cash and play volume

i use their platform sierra and tos with my trades.

apexfutures.com/why-apex/speed-reliability/

check them out. your bank wires go through decent banks. never had trouble getting cash in or out of my account. always get someone on the phone.

good luck trader bro, come to the futures side.

look into futures trading on discount margin accounts, don't be an idiot. options are designed for hedging and selling. not making huge cash, because you can turn 250 bucks into 15k overnight, and then loose it in 20 minutes the next day when the bid isn't there anymore and your the big guy on the ask side. trust me.. autozone cost me like 30 grand one week on some weeklies. shit went up every fucking day for like ever, i got a way to big position and then when i went to bail when it was falling, the bid literally was gone. i was left holding the bag. haven't bought dick from them since.

this is what i want to drive home for anyone trading.

apexfutures.com/trading-tools/education/internet-loss-prevention/

I actually have business class internet, it doesn't randomly drop out and they call me before outages.
I mean I guess I could plan for an absolute edge case.

think or swim for options

Wait is think or swim a broker aswell as a platform?

All Internet is marketed as "business" grade nowadays so that doesn't mean much.

Fidelity waives the $8 fees when you have 10k in the account, or 50k in a ira

You wat?

Is IB worth if i plan to bold index funds? I heard theee are inactivity fees.