/domg/ - Dominions General

Vanheim Edition

Previous Pantokrator Dominions is a fantasy turn-based strategy game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a strategy game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/dHdZ1cch

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=OnePunchChump
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ChaosHander
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ErmorOP
implyingrigged.info/wiki/FAQ
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
cruxador.wordpress.com/
soundcloud.com/boksi-1/elephants-trampling-blood-slaves-forever
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for dead

How do i join multiplay games

6th months of SP unlocks the option to do MP

>>Play by email guide:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

rate my first attempt at thug shittery

What the fuck

That is indeed a shitty thug.

what the fuck do you guys know he's besieging a fucking fort on his own and he FUCKING KILLED C'TIS UNITS WITH POISONED SPEARS

>Duel wielding Length 4 weapons
Enjoy that -8 to combat stats.

He is still a shitty thug

Cool but he is a bit underequipped unless you specifically went for a cheap thug. Check this out, it shows how the pro's at desura can pimp out even a mere peasant to bane lord levels. But those thorn spears are a very nice touch if you are going against MA C'tis. Let them have a taste of their own medicine!

You picked a shitty chassis and gave him shitty items. It's shit and would easily be beaten by PD, let alone a halfway-competently put-together army(the AI is not even halfway competent).

That guy must have one heck of a barn.

Hey new Ulm, are you here? How's it going? Are you winning yet?

Does +pen apply to remote rituals?

That's a good question. I'd like to know this as well.

I cast leprosy on an MA Ulm of 750 with +3 pen and hit 250 units. It really feels like not.

If it's something that MR can negate, then yes, it should. At the very least, it counts for mind hunts.

Of course it does. Mind Hunt would be pretty bad without it.

Leprosy description states that only a half of troops in the province are hit by the spell. So, out of 375 troops affected, 125 (1/3) resisted. Everything seems fine.

My bad, in-game description doesn't mention that. It's in the manual, though.

ded

any MA games recruiting?

Yes.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=OnePunchChump

There's also some meme-games:
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ChaosHander

>Story events on

ErmorOP starting soon. HYYYYPE.

Domg has a dive grass game in 30 minutes. Support your winning team!

I lost my link, share?

implyingrigged.info/wiki/FAQ
Section "who runs all of this". Fucking spam filter doesn't let me post even a part of the link.

Has the admin worked out the map issues yet?

Were there map issues? The old map had no issues, Ermor was just made OP with the mod that gave it all the indie provinces in the world. Now it's just a scenario map.

People suggested using a scenario map and when I asked in an earlier thread people said he was still working on getting a scenario map together.

It is done, I'm just making some cosmetic changes before uploading. Also, #skybox command doesn't work, so no cool spooky battlefields for you. Thanks, Illfraud.

I can't. Watching real divegrass. England vs Russia.

Nice. It'll be my first multiplayer game so I hope I do alright.

tfw I win or lose next turn

You picked a hell of your game for your first multiplayer. Not sure that's the smartest choice you could've made, but I hope you'll have fun.

First, Russia will get stomped. Second, we have a better goal horn.

What's this ErmorOP thing? How are the game rules and mods? It seems like a cool idea.

I think I have an okay understanding of the game and everyone starts off with a common enemy, so I should be able to make allies with someone when I need to.

The basic idea is to just give Ermor a bunch of ridiculous advantages (in the first version Ermor started the game owning ALL indie provinces) so everyone has to team up in order to beat Ermor. The Ermor player won't be playing to win (because the game would be over in like 3 turns if he was), but he'll basically be roleplaying the evil overlord that everyone has to beat.

In reality though, this means that Ermor is basically kingmaker supreme and the winner of the game will be the player who gets fucked by him the least.

Is this with summod?

It's a RP(-ish) scenario game that simulates the fall of Ermor, and gives it a very advantageous position in order to enforce player cooperation. After Ermor is (hopefully) defeated, it will devolve into a normal(-ish) game.

Also, is Eldergate Ermor's capital or just another city? I'm having a brain fart.

No.

Lambert has been treating it like the capital so I guess it is.

>using a balance mod
>in a game that aims to make a nation OP as fuck
pls

1 place left. Be brave, be an hero, don't be a UW nation unless you want a knife fight in a phone booth join!

Tell me about Lambert. Is he a good DM? What was/is the game about?

Shame. The summod gem sites would go well with such a game.

Not for the sake of balance, obviously. It changes how Ermor works.

He's pretty good. It's set right at the fall of Ermor, but right now it's mostly about figuring out what a party of characters with the main unifying character gone are going to do with ourselves.

Okay, I've got the password from llama and I'm taking over since our previous admin went MIA after losing a battle, apparently.

Extended the current turn for Will set Pan AI if he doesn't show up until Tuesday.

Let me know if you need an extension or longer hosting intervals.

Eldregate is their canon capital as far as I know.

He's pretty cool, though at this point I have no clue where he plans on taking the plot.

The game started with the fall of Eldregate, with the party being made of slaves and servants of some Ermorian bigwig. We escaped the city unharmed and traveled to some smaller town nearby. At this point the plot seems to center around an asshole Centaur necromancer who has escaped from the party twice and even killed one of the players (but he was an elf so nobody cared).

/domg/'s last group stage match is going to begin soon. Right now it's /ffg/-/rsg/, then it'll be /fgg/-/domg/. We're already through, so it's just a question of whether we 9-point the group or not.

>tfw not enough consistent time to play Dominions these days
I would like to though, it seems like a really fun concept.

>Hore Giving Sloppy Blowjob Punkt
That actually isn't on the first page for me

Where do I see the current standings?

I'm probably just getting bubbled as a sexual deviant.

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_6

The stream link is on the wiki's front page.

Which makes it all the more ironic that my Eldregate search is clean, given that fetlife is in my top two most visited sites

>we're gud
How did this happen?

Our whore fox learned to digital divegrass

>Ermor OP
You cowards don't even play dom1.

>Dominions is a game where you have to autistically script stuff so the retarded AI doesn't fuck it up
>Animated divegrass teams need to be autistically scripted so their AI doesn't behave utterly retardedly

This. And simulating thousands of PES matches with Boksi.

Most of this shit is just seat of my pants desu. I don't test much because my potato can barely handle running the game.

That is why we put up all those virtual environments running PES16 up serverside, remember?

script harder then you ever scripted before

When do we play?

Right now.

NOW

Do you have any text recordings, or do you just make voice calls? I'd love to read some dom-related dnd shit.

Cruxador keeps logs on his blog, though he hasn't added the last two sessions yet: cruxador.wordpress.com/

If someone's gonna read it I can do that now though.

>manmarking

I'm reading it. Maybe I'll manage to connect your game with ErmorOP somehow.

I read them every week.

we should do something with our offence, man

Its the mememarking.

Who's responsible for this travesty

Glad you guys are liking it, direction and so such will appear over time as I work out what you guys enjoy the most
I can give you the full roll20 logs if you want, same with the discord.

>Relying on "Ulm - Waiting for turn file" to move the ball forward
It's worse than I could have imagined

Well, updated. I don't have a ton of time to do long thorough posts these days, but it's something.

So I take it the game is pretty much over here? Agartha and R'yleh don't seem capable of fighting Ulm, and Pythium is about to be toppled apparently.

Ulm's actually bloodhunting now, and with R'yleh actively supporting them I don't see any way for them to be fought.

vgl6 watcher here, what the flying fuck is your goalhorn from? how the hell did that patrician noise originate?

As it's name implies, it's elephants trampling blood slaves, blood slaves make the scream when hit, elephants trumpet when they attack, tample means the elephants are attacking by moving over a bunch of enemy squares, atatcking each.

soundcloud.com/boksi-1/elephants-trampling-blood-slaves-forever
ripped for your pleasure

And blood slaves are literally virgins sacrificed to summon demons.

danke friendo, this general is kind.

It's the sweet sound of female virgin slaves being trampled by elephants.

but what do sneks have to do with it?

Its the team goal horn.

>female
They're actually not, though they look it.

Where do I watch it?

erf snek is a possible god you can select. pretty good at early expansion

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_6

>using that erf snek build

It's shit

its the first thing I googled, shitlord

Also, we won all group games, congrats.

W I N N E R

As expected of Erf Snek-san