/scg/ Star Citizen General: 2.4 Edition

/scg/ Star Citizen General: 2.4 Edition

Previous Thread boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/scg/type/op/

>FAQ
pastebin.com/fcf25Vi9
pastebin.com/KPsJrkeW (old/remove?)

>Arena Commander
Overview: robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15239-Roundup-Free-Fly-222-Patch-And-Other-Updates
Download: robertsspaceindustries.com/download
Manual: robertsspaceindustries.com/media/1c1bbpmb3uat3r/source/AC-Manual-1-1a-V11.pdf
Tweaks & FAQ: pastebin.com/QRWNvEVD

>Jump Point Current Issue robertsspaceindustries.com/media/olapu8wxqvq8yr/source/JumpPoint_04-05_May-16-Crucial-Operations.pdf

>Jump Point Repository
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>Latest Star Citizen Asset Leak
pastebin.com/aGpzF7wV
pastebin.com/uX292NnJ (Old/remove?)

>New Stuff
2.4 Is Here robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15355-Star-Citizen-Alpha-24-Available
The ARK Starmap robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/15000-The-ARK-Starmap
Squadron 42 robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42

>Latest Official News
10 for the Chairman: Episode 84: youtu.be/MMlaecTbKjo
10 for the series: Developers: Episode 13: youtu.be/hp5AlLytcn0
Around the Girth 2.35: youtu.be/FeXUMd4T5mw
Reverse the Girth: June 10th, 2016: youtu.be/pBD8F1n_NMQ
Bugsmashers 25: youtu.be/4qmCdJ0pbhs
Meet the Devs: ATV Interview: Brian Chambers: youtu.be/50-6vwYUNLY
Monthly Studio Report May 2016 robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15364-Monthly-Studio-Report

CitizenCon 2016 Details: robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15245-CitizenCon-2016
CitizenCon 2015 full presentation: youtu.be/_5sRUYwgWGI
Gary Oldman at 1:13:23
SQ42 at 1:43:00

Other urls found in this thread:

investor.activision.com/annual-reports.cfm
youtube.com/watch?v=haP9MmVo1k4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So, what's the deal? Is this game even coming out?

The answer may surprise you

What's even the point of this thread? 2.4 is a decent step forward from the previous 2.x releases, but it still lacks substantial amounts of actual non-backend content to be worth getting excited for.

Considering how much they talked about progress on procedural generation/planets during the past weeks it wouldn't be surprising to see some of that in 2.5 or 2.6. Wake me up when that happens.

where is everybody? one would think they would be here instead of playing the game.

Dieded

are you enjoying the tech demo friend?

Honestly? Yes. I never expected it to be done in some completely unrealistic timeframe and seeing everything come together over time is satisfying. It's relatively close to a point where the backend is basically done and it only needs more content.

Gonna rev up 2.4 and board some starfarers after work tonight.

I think the next few patches are where the game will really start to shine. 2.0 was a wonderful surprise and it seems like they're constantly doing a bunch of shit under the hood. Still not quite there yet, but by this time next year I'm sure things are going to be great.

ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED

My internet is fucked, but I've been learning the new controls in vanduul swarm and shit plays great. Took a while to get used to AD for strafe and QE for roll, but it does feel better overall.

Once they fix the fucking server-bound framerate problem this will be a great game to play.

It's nice to have a thread. Shame there's fuck all to post about, but that never stopped the general for that visual novel about those disabled girls

Anyone have tips for aiming the wing-mounted guns on a 300i? I can't hit anything without getting completely blown out.

Yeah, just save enough REC for a better ship because it won't be viable until the rework

Trust me I own a 325a

2.4 new features:
> SHOPPING
> couple new jpegs
>we tried to fix some bugs and failed, but we added new ones
>lots of secret work we can't show you ;^)
>something something framework, something something backend, kraut spacemagic guys.
>PERSISTENCE (so you can shop)

hmmm

What's going to be reworked? Ships or aiming modes?

Why they're playing the game of course

>Port Modification App
Persistence can get fucked, this is the best thing

The 300 series in general. The rework should be akin to the transition the old freelancer model made into the new one.

Also there's a way to lock your gimbals. It used to be ctrl + g but I haven't tried the new control scheme yet.

>get in turret
>cant see shit
>cant hit shit

>mfw i know im being usless by the pilot doesn't know it

It was something like ralt+k for gimball lock and then ralt+. for alternate mouse aiming mode that makes the ship control more like an FPS, easier to get those single snipe shots off but much harder to track targets.

Also, pro tip, there's another keyboard combo of ralt+something on the right side of the keyboard, that changes the pip lead indicator style. I highly recommend the alternate since it's much clearer where to shoot instead of trying to line up a delayed crosshair over a barely visible ship model.

I hope you're not advocating lead pips over lag pips, you disgusting casual.

Well Life is Strange was just waifu garbage. Those always seem to have a strong showing on the 4chins. Star Citizen is scamware, so you probably won't have as big a following.

ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED

Pips that go in front of the target instead of behind the reticule are fucking superior in every way. They're the straight white male of pips.

Still waiting and hoping there will be a game

It could never be stopped. Even the grossest incompetence on the part of the developers couldn't fight back the sheer tidal wave of wallet warriors throwing their money at this game.

This is CIG doing server maintainance

It's not working since 2.4 idk what the fuck you meme loving queers are babling about here because the game isn't launching for 97% of the player base.

NO, you are not clever little snowflake quantum scientist Aizen transcendental about your game shit desu fampai fuck you the game aint working since the update it's going to be almost 24hours now, this is unacceptable, period.

I'm sorry senpai I haven't actually tried to connect to port olisar, but what I had read on the forums implied it was to do with some maintenance they were doing

well this is why people make fun of this fucking ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''game''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' I don't care if it's ''dev access'' and ''fidelity'' bs, it's just plan fucking bad for your corporation PR and when you don't give a fuck about your PR that's when people think it's a scam.

and before I get a reply let me point out that I would like to say that this is literally unseen before, in all the short god damn history of early access, to have such an nonfunctional, such unfinished and unpolished product.

It's ridiculous. It need to stop.

here have an early access '''''''''alpha'''''''' it works with your imagination, fidelity and love, kinda like the gf you don't have.

-CloudImperium

How would you suggest they convince people it's not a scam other then to continue making the game to eventually prove them wrong?

>that this is literally unseen before
You clearly haven't been paying attention to some of the shit to come out of early access. There was a thing I can't remember the name of that was supposed to be like sci-fi minecraft with graphics, what they had available was a horde mode where you would dig into the land and build defenses while zerg-like aliens came after you, that shit was abandoned in a far worse state then Star Citizen is now in after shitloads of people bought into it and it got a lot of coverage from youtubers like the yogscast.

>How would you suggest they convince people it's not a scam
>You clearly haven't been paying attention to some of the shit to come out of early access.

right then keep releasing shit way too earlier and pee pee poo over the fucking thing more and wonder why people don't take it seriously, fuck off. I smell destiny/defiance all over that shit now. Super hyped shit that getting way over it's head.

Star citizen has like 120 million dollars in funding at this point, they don't need you to take it seriously.

exactly like the previously mentioned tittle. shit load of money shoved in it and 6 month later nobody gave a single fuck about it. because of that precise shitty attitude. that's why even stupid 8bit indies sell more these days. Because theres at least a little shred of love and passion in them.

Except it has been far more then 6 months since we've come from a simple space dogfighting game to the persistent multiplayer seamless interaction and transition between environments with gravity and zero gravity seamless interaction between first person shooter and vehicle combat we have now.

>Except it has been far more then 6 months since we've come from a simple space dogfighting game to the persistent multiplayer seamless interaction and transition between environments with gravity and zero gravity seamless interaction between first person shooter and vehicle combat we have now.

That's a whole fucking load of bullshit, I don't even know where to start, this is basically all false. To put is quite si,ple none of this is fucking working and the game only got it's first persistent element 24 hours ago, AND I STILL CAN'T CONNECT SINCE BECAUSE ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED

But other people can and have been playing this version of the game for weeks, it's all over youtube.

Chin up, son. It's all going to be okay.

the default keyboard bindings are actually decent now. I can finally use the cockpit displays efficiently.

It's not much but desu I can see it getting fun soon. It is actually starting to feel like a space sim.

clothing store is comfy

only problem is that the ship explosions look playstation 1 tier. How come they get worse every patch? And my framerate only gets worse.

From what I played it looked much cleaner, arguably better, when I shot down some vanduul

hey, page 10, how nice

Anyone getting alot of crashes? Half the time I get in my 300i the game crashes within 3 minutes

I jumped in the shop and got stuck in the ceiling for a few minutes.

Seeing this ship for the first time was very impressive. Anyone have an issue with flickering shadows?

I thought the FPS module that isn't in the game is part of the backend? How is the backend even close to being done?

>2.4
>tested by the star citizen white knight crusaders
>tested before them by the biggest dicklickers CIG can find
>released to public
>totally unplayable
best community development ever

Someone's really mad they didn't get into the PTU

the new animations are nice.

if that's what you get from that statement then more power to you, you giant velociraptard. if you are just trolling or pretending to be retarded then this is the (you) you have been waiting for.

>muh arena gamemode
user...

They stopped working on the FPS module to focus on core engine features and gameplay. Be honest with yourself, if the FPS module was released in this barely functional state of the game, you'd try it for five minutes, maybe manage to play one complete match, then go play something else.

Saving that shit for when the game actually works smoothly is a good call, just play CSGO in the meantime.

Why are some of you niggers so god damn impatient?

I swear, it's like people actually bought into the kickstarter expecting things to go perfectly smooth when this is probably the most (if not one of) transparently developed vidya in history. Don't give me wrong, CIG dickriders can be like cultists, but you gotta give the company credit where it's due. Ya'll some entitled negroes up in this bitch, it's not like MMOs don't take 5-7 years to make or anything

They're busy monitoring reddit and their own forums to bash dissenters to oblivion

so which marketing company are you from?

user likes a new patch
>shill
>how much are you in for
>whiteknight cult
As expected from /scg/

Transparent? Where are the financial reports? Where is Star Marine? Why the don't have a release date in new ToS?
CIG is a new company with a single purpose, how can anyone give them any credit where they have developed zero games since it's inception, except SC/SQ42 mess?

>financial reports
My favourite meme

>Where are the financial reports
Not safe to publicly share that kind of info

>Where is Star Marine?
Abandoned to focus on the real game, the shit people actually crowdfunded. I don't recall "counter strike in space" being a part of the pitch

>Why the don't have a release date in new ToS?
Because when they had previously made the ToS that had a release date, they were planning to make an almost completely different game. They were planning to make like a 10 million dollar game that would be finished in a few years, then they got more money then god and chose to use it to embrace feature creep and make the game 100x bigger and better, obviously causing development to take drastically longer. Anyone who disagrees with this can and should have backed out of the project years ago.

Except every other company does that.
Frontier? They have
Actiblizzard? They have
EA? They have

But when someone asks CIG for the same? It's a meme.

Go find me actiblizzard's financial reports

Let me Google it for you:

investor.activision.com/annual-reports.cfm

hi derek, nice narrative you got there friendo

when's the last time a video game company released their financial reports again?

>investor.activision.com

Find me one for a company that is not publicly traded.

I'm not your Google bot, go find one yourself.
If you excuse me, I'm going to enjoy Monaco.

see

All those you mentioned are companies that publicly trade stock

CIG does not

You see a pattern here?

I can't find financial reports on Tripwire Interactive friend :(

Yes, a game dev has found a way to fund itself publicly with zero accountability.

It's the future of game development.

So you're one of those people who gets confused between "investing in a company" and "donating money to someone who wants to make a videogame"

Yes, there is almost zero accountability, this was well established at the start of the crowdfunding craze in 2012

>zero accountability

Well, it WAS crowdfunded. If Chris Roberts was in a bar and he told you he made Wing Commander and pitched you Star Citizen, would you give him money? Because that's essentially what over a million people did to build this game. You should never expect anything to go completely right in crowdfunding. Ever. It's an investment, not a purchase of a product.

You're a fucking r e t a r d if you expect otherwise

How much money did you give Tripwire?
It's well established in kickstarter site that creators are obliged to fulfill their promises. If you like tossing your money around, it's your money and your business. But don't expect everybody to share your vision.

>It's well established in kickstarter site that creators are obliged to fulfill their promises

Yet a remarkable number of them don't, many have in fact vanished completely with the money

>If you like tossing your money around, it's your money and your business. But don't expect everybody to share your vision.

Should have thought of that before you gave money to a random failed filmmaker

>well established in kickstarter site that creators are obliged to fulfill their promises.

kek

Either way, it's not like they aren't making the game. It's not like they're paying 300 people around the world to do nothing.

Kickstart, never again. Lesson learned. Publishers are not evil after all, they track and question the progress of devs.

That's true, they're making something. But final product may not be the one you were presented. Or you thought.

But user, I thought we already established that they're paying 300 people to manufacture the biggest scam in gaming history and it will fail within the next 90 days. Any month now.

Oh no, it's definitely not. The project has already far exceeded my initial expectations when I first backed in 2012.
I also told myself I'd forget about the game for a few years, which I did until basically January this year/2.0
They're taking this shit on a level that no one has ever been, and 4 years ago I told myself that it'd take them until at least 2017 to do it.

2WEEKS
90DAYS TOPS
ELE SOON FRIEND
IT'LL ALL COME CRUMBLING DOWN SOON I JUST GOT TOP SEEKRIT INSIDER INFO

I went into space, I shot some NPCs, I pushed a space button, I got paid, I went back to base, and I used funbux to buy a new hat.

HOLY SHIT IT'S A FUNCTIONAL VIDEOGAME

>mfw mods work for cloud now and they delete post that point out how much of a piece of shit this ''game'' is

Oh wow, that's straight outta 1984 lads.

ERROR -CIG SERVICES (CODE 10003) ACCOUNT DATA UPDATE FAILED

been like this for 97% of the player base for over 72 hours how, not a single fuck given.

This is a shill thread. It's literally like 10 people from cloud shilling here and there's a 4chin mod on their team.

I haven't had that error, just played the game for an hour

>But other people can and have been playing this version of the game for weeks, it's all over youtube.

backer who have access to stuff earlier, aka 3% of player base.

Deleting my posts only prove I'm speaking about something that triggers the fuck out of some kike.

Lies, plan and simple.

Except the only people who even go into a thread like that are people who have had the error

Most people who play the game and it works don't even go on the forums

You're a retard and you don't understand the point of an alpha test

This isn't for you to play and enjoy. This is for the purpose of finding errors like that code 10003 and getting to work on fixing them.

It's an overwhelming majority of the player base who can't play. Just like not everyone got the error, not everyone reported it, like me, I don't need to make the same bug report a thousand time.

>This isn't for you to play and enjoy.

You're right, the game literally doesn't launch.

And by not reporting it I made making a detailed post about it, I did clicked the ',did you got the error'' yes' no' and I'm sure it's what most people did. Only hardcore dork post their specs. Specs which are all similar anyway.

You just don't understand game development. They're implementing an innovative Local Quantum Physics Grid simulation which will end all games as we know of. When they get rid of those bugs, the game will literally build itself with 100 systems with stations, procedurally generated birds and an endless universe complete with trading, mining and epic space battles.. I can wait till 2025 because I've paid 3000$ for it and I want to believe. Now go away.

youtube.com/watch?v=haP9MmVo1k4

the horror

>trying to bring back /scg/

2.4 isn't even that much of a milestone and even if it was the thread is only going to be filled with goons, /v/ and 8fags.

Literally why bother.

>87 post and 18 hours later

nobody is bother.

Silent Hill Citizen confirmed.

that's pretty awesome

Will 2.5 be a June release even if it's only PTU?

Hi everyone,

We're investigating and troubleshooting backend service issues related to the rollout of Star Citizen Alpha 2.4.0 on Friday. During this time, players may have difficulty logging in or experience unexpected in-game behavior, such as duplicated or wrong inventory and loadouts.

For context, it's the first full deployment of Persistence, our database-driven service that will ultimately will affect every part of the Persistent Universe. While we spent significant time testing this services on PTU, a major infrastructure update such as Persistence often won't have its biggest problems exposed until we reach certain thresholds and conditions.

Ultimately, the demands of this particularly massive tech rollout during this stage of Alpha production meant that we could only discover these issues with the larger populations on the Live service. We know it can be entirely exhausting and frustrating when the game experience goes wrong - after all, we're gamers, too! - but such are the realities of providing a service while building it. :)

We appreciate everyone's time and patience, and for continuing to provide us with invaluable data on the forums and on the Issue Council. We'll be working to get the Live service in a stable state as quickly as possible, and we'll pass on updates this week here as we get them.

Thanks and have a great day!
Will "Soulcrusher" Leverett

Yesterday I was having the (CODE 10003) error but that was fixed quickly. The largest problem I'm having right now is the crashing.

Fuck no. They don't even have it code-locked yet. Don't expect 2.5 PTU until mid-july at the very earliest.

Though 2.2 to 2.3 did only take 3 weeks it wasn't really a big patch other than starfarer hangar ready and khartu-al flight ready.

The khartu-al is fucken dope tho

Yeah, it could use a third weapon though. Two size 3's is pretty good but considering how fucking fragile that ship is combined with how wide a target it is, it needs to either hit just a bit harder or tank just a bit harder. I was messing around with it in vanduul swarm and the vanduul AI was able to kill me by just slowing down, because then I would have to slow down to be able to shoot it, and then the other vanduul AIs would start ramming their tongues up my ass, so you really have to switch to a hit and run style but you can rarely get enough damage off before speeding past the enemy.

Is this a new pasta?