Im new to the Asatru Religion Can any one help me get started...

Im new to the Asatru Religion Can any one help me get started? I want to fallow in the path of my Celtic and Germanic Ancestors.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Practical-Heathens-Guide-Asatru/dp/0738733873/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467444377&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=practical heathen%27s guide to asatru
anistor.gr/english/enback/a1_2007.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know this is a bait thread, but here's something for anyone legitimately interested.

amazon.com/Practical-Heathens-Guide-Asatru/dp/0738733873/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467444377&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=practical heathen%27s guide to asatru

this is not bait im new and whant help

I have started reading the poetic edda

you need to sacrifice babies to the devil

The book I linked there and the Poetic Edda would be a start.

First things first, grow out your hair so you can wear it in a ponytail and also get a mean-ass goatee
Second, get some heavy metal t-shirt, a black trenchcoat, a thor-medallion

okay first off it's called a mjolnir not a Thor medallion you dumb idiot and only true Norseman are allowed to wear one so all you stupid fat burgers reading this can just forget about it because it is not your culture and heritage so stop acting like it is because it just makes you look more dumb than you already are

Why OP? Because you need meaning in your life? Just don't bother, you know those Gods don't exist as much as you try to convince yourself they do, and beyond that the religion is entirely reconstructed and completely full of holes, anything you practice will be far removed from what they actually did. Which brings me to the point that while you're trying practice it like a religion in the Abrahamic sense, with guidelines, doctrine and faith, real pagan religions were not like that, it was simply their culture and regular beliefs, part of their lives but not so much a religion in the modern sense. So you won't even be following it correctly in a philosophical sense.

Go and make yourself properly happy rather than getting caught up in a pointless movement which also ends up tied in with ridiculous politics and nationalism.

Nope, literally anyone who identifies with the heavy metal culture and this other neo-pagan stuff too should wear them as a sign of unity, one people one faith, BY THOR'S HAMMER WE ARE THE VIKINGS
WE RAID TOGETHER, WE DIE TOGETHER

Thanks for the help. Now just to see if chapters has the book because i don't buy stuff of the internet. and Heill Bro

>Odin wants me to fight so I can go to Valhalla hurr durr

Have you not read the prose Edda where it specifically states that RIGHTEOUS men will go to the hall of Gimle and that they will continue to exist even past ragnarok? The gods will all die, the Earth will burn/freeze and the men of Gimle will still be alive.

no shut up you stupid burger you don't even know what you're talking about the mjolnir is an ancient symbol of Norse not McDonalds and other burger culture you just know what you see on tv because you think it's cool but you don't even know anything

>prose Edda
I have just stared reading the poetic edda

Come on, chill my brother in faith
We're both vikings, why fighting words?
Mt blood seethes with the power of Thor, Mjolnir is my spirit animal

no you are not a Viking you are a fat burger in a mobility scooter go back to Walmart you stupid retard

Odin's blessings to you may you find peace in Valhalla, brother
May we meet there for I know that my norse spirit is a viking's spirit
I didn't choose the asatru life, the asatru life chose me

no just because your granny was from estonia or some shit does not make you Norse you are 100% burger and it is obvious just from reading your posts because no one else could be this stupid you are probably eating a whopper with extra cheese as you type this stupid shit you post

Don't be so mad.

I'm sorry you're like this, it's sad that there are people who would bring racism and bigotism into a progressive and enlightened religion like asatru
I'm sure our viking gods would disapprove, my brother from another mother

It's a religion.

If your devotion to it has anything to do with culture or ethnicity rather than your search for truth and meaning you're not doing it right. Whether you're a 100% Icelandic descendant of actual vikings or a Nigerian tribesman has no bearing on your choice to believe that Odin and what not is real.

don't be so fat and dumb oh wait that's impossible

I'm not him, nor am I American, nor do I believe in Asatru.

I just don't see why you need to be so upset.

when will you stupid burgers get it through your fat skulls that you will NEVER be Norse so just stop trying because it's painful for everyone to have to see

Neither will you

Norse have been dead for a millenia

because these stupid burgers are ruining everything like they always do

>Being Norse magically makes Odin more real
>Being American magically makes Odin not real.

What?

It is bait because you mentioned Celtic and Germanic, the pagan religions of which were different.

you don't know what youre talking about so just stop talking you retarded idiot

But why though?

It doesn't make any odds to me if they want to believe in Asatru. Nor does it matter to me that near everyone in my country believes in Jesus, it's their life at the end of the day.

Kek

Do tell me of your norse heritage, Scandis have been pious good and peaceful little Christian boys centuries

Calling it a religion is misleading.it's more of a culture, one that's been dead for almost a thousand years. That doesn't mean paganism is dead, just asatru. Most people are pagan, everyone who "practices" a religion only out of tradition or because their ancestors did, is pagan.

You reactionaries are getting straight up goofy

>taking the bait

Lmwao, what a stupid joke.

There lived germanics in the rhineland but worshipped some gods together with the celts, then met romans which led to some really weirdass triple religious crossover:
anistor.gr/english/enback/a1_2007.pdf
Cologne must have been fascinating, these three religions merged and foreigners brought Isis and Mithras into the mix later on.

Heathen here, and I'm probably taking massive bait by replying to these posts, but here we go.

It's an ethnic religion, so don't get into it if you're not scandi, as you per that basis have nothing to gain from it unless you are.

>okay first off it's called a mjolnir
No. The necklace-worn pendant you're referring to is called a thorshammer. Mjölnir is the name of Thor's hammer, and there is only one such hammer.

>only true Norseman are allowed to wear one
Well... yeah.

>Whether you're a 100% Icelandic descendant of actual vikings or a Nigerian tribesman has no bearing on your choice to believe that Odin and what not is real.
It decides if religious practice regarding said deity is in it's place or not.

Nice post m8, won't bother with this.