/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #368

"Death prophet" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>Discord:
orph.link/discord

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story (written by /lisg/)
orph.link/fanfic (compilation of fanfics)

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10296122
strawpoll.me/10347373
strawpoll.me/10347359
strawpoll.me/10433589
strawpoll.me/10436570

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=18tlnN_EQQc
youtube.com/watch?v=uxilPbnsm1w
youtube.com/watch?v=hF3A_4oeTtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Trailer for Vampyr, if anyone is interested.
I kind of am if the setting is used right.
youtube.com/watch?v=18tlnN_EQQc

Who would one forgive first? Michel or SeeSaw?

SeeSaw did nothing wrong so there's no need to forgive
Michel played with our emotions, lied to make the story seem more interesting, and then acted like a jackass on Twitter

>>CHOOSE!!!111

>Protagonist is a medical doctor in pre ww1 times
>He could just claim to be researching blood transfusions (developing anticoagulants to extend blood life and make donation practical or something)
>Pay the poor some small amount of cash in exchange for blood donation
>No need to kill anyone
>It becomes a joke around town that the resident doctor is a vampire
>No one will seriously suggest he is

No need for muh moral choices

Kate's caught herself a fair fishy maiden.

This thread being around still is strong enough for me, I'm proud. But thanks user.

I feel like the only person hyped for Vampyr, but I'd take more LIS over that any day.

I think this is what happened to every big fan of the game.

>qt grills and time travel sounded like my kind of shit.

Fuck yeah bro. I saw the trailer and was instantly hooked, didn't have a doubt in my mind that I'd buy it. Just didn't expect it to be anything other than a corny high school experience game. Also didn't expect to come to adore it so heavily.

The game takes place in 1918, so right at the end of WW1. During the Spanish Flu pandemic.

I'm excited to see how Vampyr is, but I too would prefer more LiS. As long as the story isn't based on deception and illogical tragedy.

Molli is so awesome

Michel will have to imagine a warm house and hot food when Vampyr flops. :)

Michel's not involved in Vampyr so there's hope for a decent story. Even if there's tragedy they're being upfront about it. It's a major point of the game that you will have to choose to kill people.
It won't betray the rest of the game.

Dumping another render, since like forever. Though I still haven't figured out that photo-realistic-thing...

>photo-realistic thing
I have a feeling that they might be after render touch ups..

So you mean without any postprocessing?

Wow. Very nice!
Max has nowhere to run though, so if Chloe's feeling predatory- she's trapped. Not that I think Max would have any complaints.

They render the image first, then touch it up with photoshop and add filters and other stuff.

If anyone could make the OP look better, by all means, please do.

Well there's a shit-ton of filters going on, mostly to emulate the look of a real camera with lens-flare and so on.

Night /lesg/

Don't brush your teeth!

Sleep tight, user.

Don't listen to , they're a bad influence.

>he fell for the fluoride meme

Nini /lesg/!

Everyone's going to sleep!

We want to be here to cutepost tomorrow!

She's dreaming about being a sailor and finding a mermaid Victoria like in

y'all are gay

youtube.com/watch?v=uxilPbnsm1w

What made mermaid Vicky blush?

She realized they were being watched

That fucking dance. And the audio from that one video where Ashly ate peppers to review a game.
Just close your eyes and imagine Chloe. Probably something she would do too.
youtube.com/watch?v=hF3A_4oeTtk

Sleep tight, pirates

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!) (thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's Chloe just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

>During the Spanish Flu pandemic.

so it's Twilight all over again

>friendly reminder that turning off your game at the decision screen is confirmed canon ending

>I feel like the only person hyped for Vampyr,

I hope they won't disappoint you then.

Lisa, where are you?

She's in your stomach Alice

Jesus, thanks to whoever made that music collection. I was expecting to have to hunt around for all the licensed stuff and I got more than I was looking for.

She is not!

are you new here?

Yeah. I liked the first episode then decided to wait until all of them were done. Then when I remembered the game exists it had been a while.

Thanks to the user who added Ready When You Are to the fics recommendation list! That put me in a good mood for the rest of the evening.

The skin is a little harshly grainy, but I really like the posing, lighting, hair and Chloe's beanie. Max's shirt could have used a similar treatment, but it's not in focus so that's alright. I thought maybe their hair could be a tad bit lighter, but with the sun directly behind I guess this works.

Nice render, keep at it!

welcome then, newfriend

You forgot your image, user!

>friendly reminder that you will never know what the VA cast truly believes because michel stands behind them in every interview

It's summertime so the pollen season is all in. Anti-histamins make my head feel like after one line of amphetamines and a small spliff. This is not a nice feel. I keep messing stuff up. :

Coy Victoria is best Victoria

I want to cuddle Victoria and feed her cookies and milk.

Lovely.

Victoria deserves cuddles

Bump!

>Treats everyone like a giant bitch
>Giving her anything

Having mean parents and a lonely childhood is room to justify hugs.

Can the fanfic doc be edited anonymously? I've got a few favourites but don't really feel like selling google my organs.

Max is just a poser who pretends to be quriky!

Oh, you're welcome.

Yep, can. Remember to save a copy of the doc after you add anything in case I'll have to backup (file -> download as...; I think .docx works best for re-import purposes). I'll occasionally update (have to re-read fics...) and backup afterwards as well, but it's good to have multiple to fall back on.

Protip : there's a built in revision history that you can use to undo the doc to a previous time.

Does it create one with each change? That's awfully convenient.

So what do we talk about?

This was the only picture we see of Max and both of her parents. I wish someone drew the Caulfield family.
Or even Max and Chloe with their families.

It does with every few changes. It may create multiple revisions when there's a lot of changes in a short time. It'll also create a revision for each time the doc is edited if the edits are at least a few hours apart each.

I can see where Max gets her good looks from. She has her mother's eyes.

William is feeling a little under the weather today. Nothing that won't vanish in a day or two.

Checked just now. Very cool, that'll make things a bit easier.

Don't force it user, it will happen.

And her father's beard.

Why can't Warren into simple math?

X = 5, -3

That's Max's scribbling on her own journal

That's a shame. I hope he feels better soon.
I think Chloe is visiting him in the second Polaroid here.

It's funny because /utg/ doesn't even talk about their game anymore and yet they're still fairly active... They shitpost their thread up pretty bad however so it might not be all that good.

I think they are visiting Bongo there. God bless that cat's soul; died of old age after years and years of making Chloe happy. It's always emotional for her.

I think the fourth Polaroid there shows Chloe with that b-movie actor she met at Two Whales randomly one day.

William took some of these shots with his old instant camera (Max still has hers). Took Joyce and his daughters to Paris. Sneaked up on them when they were kissing in front of their house as he was coming home from work. They had to chase him for the shot.

Second from the left in the bottom row is Max and Chloe visiting Rachel in L.A. - still dreaming big that girl is. At least she's already gotten some real roles after her first one had her just be a corpse and hardly gave her screen time.

Max winning contests, of course. Sneaky sleeping shot in the hotel too.

That first shot is one they had Jefferson take - the friendly and experienced photography mentor of Max.

I don't want /lesg/ to devolve into shitposting. I'd rather have a slow and comfy thread instead.

They may have won on the football field, but we are the superior general!

We won't let it become that

Don't worry; if no spammer shows up the worst that can happen is that we only cutepost till the imagelimit is hit.

Good

Pancakes!

And even if a spammer shows up, we'll always have the emergency board to take refuge in!

>the emergency board
wat?

That board is only for absolute worst case scenarios. Even if a spammer appears just ignore their posts, report them (Without announcing), and hide them.