>Patch Notes:
steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

>Play with /arkg/
Open Steam > View > Servers > Favorites > 75.98.36.106:27015

arkservers.net/server/75.98.36.106:27015

Be an Aqualad today.

New 404 general

Any updates or news?

Check the links. There's a lot of new stuff announced and a big update coming this month.

I just got this shit and it won't run. It only goes above 50fps on the absolute lowest settings and even then it microfreezes constantly.

For comparison, I can run GTA V with everything on max around 30-80fps with a 70 average, 30 in the heaviest vegetation.

So is this game sponsored by Nvidia or something?

I don't know much about your graphics card because I'm an nvidia fag, but extra RAM might help. The only difference between my set up and my woman's is i have 8gb RAM and she has 12. Here's runs a bit another than mine.

Tamed a new anky for us, a turtle for boatman, and a beaver for the refinery.

Now tame me a raptor sex slave

I need a dimo sex slave

Go suck daddy's dick

Almost all optimizations been for nvidia so far

If daddy was a raptor I would ;^)

Don't tell me what to breed
Dont tell me what to tame

Better be the best damn Para ever

Gonna occasionally bump the thread with screen shots from the other server I play on.

Playable Dino's update WHEN!?

>You will soon be able to play as burdmom

this game is terribly optimized, you're better off just playing on low memory mode.

>not breeding parasaur 2.0 aka galimimus
its like you don't even want to run too fast for the server to handle

>blame optimization
nvidia fags getting 60 fps with minimal tweeks to settings

i have a 970 and i get awful fps on anything more than low memory mode

970 here. Runs okay for me in high settings with shadows on medium. View distance on epic. I get freeze ups of i play for awhile though.

>tfw you are taming 135 megalodon and 140 megalodon swims right next to it and you start taming that too

>taming sharks

why bother

Forgot to say u have the same settings as except i don't get the freezing

*I

I have a hunch the freezing is my motherboard.

Every game has a spider queen.

Killed any infidels during Aquadan yet? The non swimmers must be terrorised.

Triton ackbar.

Autism evolved

Yeah. but looks pretty cool though

bumb

pls thread don't die

Is the titanosaur out yet?

Anyone making a mobile village on it's back?

seafags in charge of keeping the thread alive

>Don't play for a day
>My mammoth is gone

Page ten bump.

So I'm going to start playing.
I hope it's fun.

Need to build more boats.
I'm gonna rule the waves with my boats and my 1200 O2 stats.

I don't understand.
When I try to play it just forces me into the steam browser in a redirect to the center expansion map, but steam says I already have that.
I'm so confused.

These pussies shooting from the sky

Nevermind Steam was being stupid.

Spino's a cute

That better be knocked out you fucker

It is. I still have that spino.

outrage made me post on this thread

"Yeah, I'm like the perfect model of human physique."

"Everybody post in the thread RIGHT NOW."

So I don't know what I'm doing at all. I killed myself somehow by punching a long necked dinosaur. I kept dying kinda, then pulling myself back up, then it said I killed myself one final punch too many.

Also when I die I seem to keep exp, yet if I quit the game I lose it. I don't get that.

Spinos are incredibly adorable and id like to snuggle with one

I like that you can run out of stamina swimming and drown.

W-would /arkg/ welcome me to their server? I have literally no idea what I'm doing. I am enjoying myself though.

Yes as long as i can call you a cuck every once and a while

And you can handle the bants, then you'll be fine

Download Discord

Oh I get called that all the time, it's Veeky Forums.

Eh. I don't have any voice chat stuff. Except that awful ps4 piece of shit.

Its okay during 355 i used a 3$ usb mic
You dont have to talk either we have a few members who dont

Alright. I'm just dick around in other servers until I feel like I got a better feel for it. It feels weird playing with controller, it's got a little lag to it, plus there's way to switch the camera on it it seems. I would stick to my keyboard and mouse but my desk is fucking shit and digs into my arms. I also haven't figured much out yet and just keep exploring. This seems like a great way to replace the hole in my time after Dark Souls 3 disappointed me.

I was going to play this but apparently it uses BattlEye. Isn't that the super invasive anti-cheat tool that sends your files back to their servers? Have they made it any less shitty yet?

>spawn
>get killed by a carnotaurus immediately
I love this dumb shit.

Guys I just started this game for the first time and after hours I managed to tame a Triceratops. I've read they can farm berries but I don't know how the fuck to get them to do so

Gf asleep what do?

Our server doesn't use it. It starts up when you start the game for a brief second. I've never had a problem with it.

Unless you have cheese pizza why the hell would it matter? Its not worth the potential blowback for them to look through random shit

You have to saddle and smack the balls out of the bushes

I will claim these
>only got the spino

>3v2 airbattle breaks out for it
>Aqualads turnout victorious

how do i into painting?

ded

Wich of the dinos would you have in your bed ?

What is he thinking about ?

Bump

How's the new tribe going?

Can someone explain to me what the fuck is up with dinosaurs spawning in my house and shit and killing me as I work on it?
Is that just something the devs don't fucking think is a big deal or am I doing something wrong?
Also is there no logic to levels? Are enemies just randomly whatever level the game feels like shitting out? I don't understand why the hell I get spawned right next raptors that ae level 80 or 100+ just swarming my house I'm building. Then I lose all the fucking thatch shit I made.
Am I supposed to have friends to like team up on shit with? Because I hate making friends or any of that crap. The whole idea of a tribe is fucking gay to me. I don't want to be in a community, ever, for anything.

Also now that I'm dead how do I get back to my house I was building? I marked on the map, but it spawned me somewhere completely different.
I don't understand how the hell I'm supposed to figure out which way I'm going.
If this one is one of those things were they expect me to wander aimlessly until I find it or memorize the environment they can fuck themselves. I have a memory disorder. I can't remember stupid shit like trees and rivers.

tank botes

>I have a memory disorder. I can't remember stupid shit like trees and rivers.

Oh you're in for a great time.

I'll just assume I'm supposed to be going up against level 70 dinosaurs and shit at level 16 and uninstall. That's just shit design that pretty much forces you to lose progress by simply not being able to do anything nearly game about it. That's not a challenge, that's just you getting fucked by the devs. Or I guess maybe I could kill those dinosaurs if I "went out and made friends for epic adventures ;)"
I also don';t understand why I can;t turn off the chat. It's annoying to see that constantly with all the stupid people talking about shit blocking my screen.

It's also shit design to make a map that uses coordinates and lets you mark your house and shit, but never tells you where you are. There is absolutely no point to it, and that's just fucking stupid. What's the point of the map if it doesn't tell you where you are?

I don't get how this game is somehow enjoyable with all these problems. That other user was right. I wasted my money. I really am getting the feeling too they meant for it to be all about getting a group of buddies together, building a bade, and using teamwork.

Questions about the arkg server.
Is it pvp or pve?
Is it on default map or the center?

PvP the center
its not "arkg"`s server ,but were playing on some randoms server.

Also, any modifications to the multipliers?

Are you playing on a single player server?
If so, turn all the rates up. Everything except there's one you need to turn down in order to make things go faster.

Then sprinkle whatever area you want to build in with foundations, this will stop resource spawns but should also stop dinosaur spawns. Unless there's a bug, and this game has many, that lets spawning happen where it shouldn't.

Stick to the southeast if you're playing on the island. There's an island in the Southeast corner that only spawns things that won't attack you unless you hit them first. If you don't want to go there until you get your feet under you, stay close to it. For wild dinosaurs, except for a few unbalanced shit eaters, giganotos namely, you can tame a group of random shit like trikes, raptors, turtles, and even dilos and they should be able to kill anything that attacks you. No promises they don't die to stupid bugs or run off chasing something they've almost killed.

If you're in single player you can also turn the difficulty down and that will result in dinosaurs with a lower maximum level. It doesn't mean much for wild dinos though since their stat allocation is retarded.

Whatever you do build your base in an easy to find place, preferably near a spawn point until you learn the map.

If you're on a multiplayer server, congrats, you're fucked.

Or if you're under two hours get a refund and hope they do something to make the game fun.

gathering 5x, taming 5x, exp 5x

Disgusting, I like it all to be a pain in the ass.

Is the breeding shit boosted on the server? Like do the babys mature faster than in official servers?

it was just some official pve server because I don't feel like getting griefed for playing alone because I'm one of those crazy people who literally hates everyone. So most modern games are like cancer to me anyway. I should just kill myself since I haven't played an entertaining video game in year or so now, but I'm not going to go out and live life to find another hobby.

>Then sprinkle whatever area you want to build in with foundations
I had several foundations for what I was building, walls, doors and roofs. Raptors and shit way above my level just started running all over into it and killing me. They weren't for hours, but suddenly started to.

How am I suppsoed to know where spawn points are? In fact I'm sure most people already took all of those spots.

>If you're on a multiplayer server, congrats, you're fucked.
Do there is literally no way to enjoy this game unless you get a team or just play 100% alone?
Maybe I should just sell my steam account at this point. I seriously don't understand how any video game is supposed to be fun anymore, and I refuse to go live real life. There is literally nothing to do in real life except make friends, have sex, and get a job, and all of those are awful choices for existence. Maybe I should just sell it and buy a bunch of drugs.

This game just sounds like an absolutely half assed piece of shit, like literally everything else in the last three years.

Official servers are pretty much the worst way to play this game. The rates are dog shit and you'll be grinding forever to get anywhere. Not to mention there has never been a reset so you're at an enormous disadvantage when it comes to getting land.

Random dinosaurs will run from far away onto your structures. Getting some walls up ASAP should keep them out until you aggro something. Thatch walls are shit, you're better off grinding to level 20 or so so you can make stone walls asap. That will protect you from most things.

Seriously though, play single player. If you're OK with maybe losing all your shit to the server disappearing, play on an unofficial with boosted rates. It's almost impossible to have fun on official servers, especially solo.

Easy way to kill things is to build a pillar and a ladder up it, then stand on top and shoot them from above. Only works if it can't break your pillar though.

So what server would I play on? Let me guess, one made with a group of people I know and is dedicated or something right? With a team of good ol pals and shit like the devs probably intend. I don't want to lose all of my shit when it disappears. The fuck would the point of the game be then? Restarting completely every time is fucking stupid for any game.

>Easy way to kill things is to build a pillar and a ladder up it, then stand on top and shoot them from above
Oh so you can't kill things at all pretty much unless you avoid being on the ground? What the fuck? So you have to die over and over and over and over and over until you pretty much get handed the level to build a gun or whatever? Or was I supposed to use a gay fucking sling shot and shoot shit at everything like a retard?

I'm so tired of literally every game I have bought in the past year being so fucking shitty. I just want to know why does every game have to be so bad these days.

You went to harder zones.

Beaches are much safer.

Also you can make a GPS later that tells you exactly where you are.

I guess you say Dark Souls had bad design because of the skeletons in the first zone

very well

Why the fuck do you keep going back to the 'le you need friends' meme?

I played solo for my first time and made it to stone tier bases no problem

Guess I wasn't stupid enough to run deep into the woods running into T-Rex's and shit

Holy fuck you are such a fucking bitch.

You level up in this game and tame Dino's

That's how you kill high level Dino's

>"WHY CANT I KILL REXS AT LEVEL 2 WITH A STONE PICK? SHIT GAME!"

>Only thing he has in life is video games, and he's even shit at those

Damn, that's depressing dude

Nah, Dark Souls is good.
Also I was at the beach. Or a beach. In the right bottom corner kind of area. I think it was like, 85 degrees both ways.

I'm not talkign abotu t-rexes. Calm down. I don't get why I'm a little bitch for gettign fed up with the game. Am I supposexd to want to keep tryign and tryign and tryign and trying? No fuck that shit. I'm the kind of person who has a limit to what stupid bullshit I will put up with. I will not put up with a 10 foot tall level 70 raptor running into my house from a half mile across the beach because I barely saw him in the distance him when I went outside. Nothign I could have tamed would have been able to do shit it seems anyway. The only thign i could probably tame would be dodos or maybe a big spiky turtle. I played the game for several hours it was meh, had a few moments, then that weird shit kept happening.

But I was never in the woods. Also I keep seeing everyoen playing with others, and it's clearly meant to be one of those group games.

What else is there in life? A job that will just suck out your soul and take most of your time? Getting laid? Oh, helping old people who about to be in the ground soon? None of it is really worth a fucking thing.